General Employment Employee Reviews in United States

Very competitive Atmosphere
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2015
I absolutely loved this place. always contests and challenges, which kept us motivated. Placements in areas of I.T. and Accounting allowed us access to most of the major industries in the metro Atlanta area.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Wonderful work schedules
Recruiting company
Staffing Consultant/Organization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 22, 2015
I would try to help clients find opportunities and also work with staff on new companys to work with
Pros
clean office
Cons
poor management
This is an okay job if you just want part-time random work with no security.
Mom365/BRMC-Corbin, KY Infant Photographer (Current Employee) –  London, KYDecember 16, 2014
There is no typical day at work so if you like inconsistency this is the job for you. You never know if you're working or not until the day before at midnight depending on what the birth rate of babies were for the day. The hardest part of the job is the sales pitch. The packages are expensive, and although they may be a value in some areas I feel as if they are too high for around here. The most enjoyable part of the job can also be the most stressful but of course the babies and the new parents.
Pros
babies, photography
Cons
no breaks, sales, not much creativity allowed
Good way to gain industry experience....not necessarily a long term plan
(dba) Ashley Ellis - Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 26, 2014
Typical Work Day: Morning meeting (either an icebreaker game or a yell festt) for 30 minutes. Spend 2-3 hours canvassing careerbuilder-linkedin-dice or file cabinets for candidates. Call 40-50 candidates, try to interview 2 and hopefully submit them to open requisitions with active clients. Have lunch, repeat after lunch. Occasionally there will be 50-75 cold calls to generate clients so there re positions to fill. It's also common to spend -2 hours daily coaching people on what to say during interviews.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when you close a deal and see a 3-4k commission check. Hardest part is if the employee doesn't work out after 30-60 days and all of the commission has to be returned. Happens more often than one might think.

Co-workers are an eclectic bunch but offices are very small so everybody knows everybody. his can be a gift or a curse depending on lifes circumstances at any given moment.

Management is unique, it appears that with somewhat high turnover the key to becoming management is simply to last. The managers aren't necessarily wizards of the world but people who know all the legacy systems.

I've learned how to negotiate with C-Suite clientele and fine tune the consultative sales approach.
Pros
monthly dinner meetings, work 35 hours get paid for 40, cool staff, music pumping all day
Cons
no direction, very expensive benefits, limited resources to complete, petty high school like drama within the ranks.
Good
emplyoee (Former Employee) –  Birch Run MIFebruary 3, 2014
Was pretty fun and also a good place to work. Also the mgment was very mature all the time.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 18, 2014
This was a very small office which offered a lot of friendships. This was a nice place to work while starting a family.
A publicly held company.
Executive Assistant & Asst. Corporate Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 6, 2014
Worked with an amazing staff at corporate headquarters. As a small publicly held company with limited staff, I had the opportunity to learn many phases of the operation, which made my job very interesting.
Enjoy working with different people from all walks of life.
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 13, 2013
Arrive at work at six am report to lead electrician get assignment and get straight on it. I learn how to install M I cable the correct and safe way. overall management is great. so far the people i worked with are good workers. working in a ten story building with no elevator. learning new things and having a good foreman that have no problem making sure the rest of his workers are updated on new technology.
Pros
sometimes you may have to work in cold and rainy days.
Cons
good pay and a great crew.
Very Productive.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILOctober 30, 2013
Busy daily routine. Learned to balance month end bank reconciliations. Management was hard working but did not manage employees very well. Friendly helpful co-workers.
Pros
comfortable atmosphere.
Cons
short handed.
productive and easy to learn workplace
general labor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2013
We make fresh unbaked pizza for people to take home and bake. We make the dough two hours before the store opens at 11am. Most of the food preparation is made though out the day. Multi-tasking between Phone orders, pizza assembly, and cashier is required
Pros
half priced pizza
Cons
minimum wage
I worked here over 15 years ago
Machine operator, Ann Arbor Machine (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MIAugust 22, 2013
Things have changed since I last worked here. Like most companies you will be expected to put in a fair days work