General Floor

General Floor Employer Reviews

Well established family owned business.
Receptionist & Customer Service (Current Employee), Bellmawr, NJAugust 29, 2014
Cons: some staff members are very odd. no room for advancement.
The company in general is great to work for but some of the employees are very odd. One manager in particular does not let their department socialize with anyone in other departments, not even a 60 second conversation of hello, long time no see, how are you? I find that extremely weird. Anyway, the majority of my co-workers are wonderful. I learn something – more... new everyday. The hardest part of the job is not having full access to information that the branch locations have. Because of this, if a customer calls & ask a certain questions that I cannot answer due to no access to particular information, I have to transfer the call. I would much rather help the customer myself. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding new accounts to do business with the company. – less
Highly task oriented position
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee), Edison, New JerseyJune 17, 2014
A typical day includes interacting with clients, researching product and availability, lead time, cost comparison, marketing and new potential business development.

I've learned that I enjoy interacting with clients daily and have exceptional interpersonal skills. I have also taken a liking to training new associates and passing along the vast skill – more... set I have acquired.

As a manager in training, I am transparent with co-workers and clients and they appreciate my candor and honesty. Their feedback is always positive. Management is accessible to me when needed.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that the growth potential is a bit limited. In addition, I love to be challenged and unfortunately this position can be mundane at times and leaves little room for creativity.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to fulfill a clients' needs. – less
Good place to work.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Bellmawr, NJApril 13, 2014
Pros: hours are good and management is good at holiday season.
Cons: could use more vacation time.
I had a good experience working at General Floor and only left because I retired. The employees are very nice and willing to help fellow employees. The hours were great. Management is considerate of their employees and their benefits package was less expensive than my former job.
Productive and stable work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Executive AssistantDecember 31, 2013
Pros: hours are great, family oriented and stable work environment
Cons: though we are given quite a few holidays, one or two more would be nice.
I enjoy working at General Floor. The culture is friendly as are the co-workers. There is room for advancement; if you so wish and management is accessible and approachable.
Productive and stable work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Bellmawr, NJNovember 20, 2013
Pros: hours are great. family oriented and stable work enviroment.
Cons: though we are given quite a few holidays one or two more would be nice.
Horrible Medical Coverage
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), BellmawrOctober 27, 2013
Pros: people, hours, bonuses
Cons: benefits, pay raises
For full time employees the medical benefits are horrible. high co pays and covers little with everyone of my families doctors being out of network. For family I was paying over $650 a month for benefits not even counting dental or vision . My family has no medical conditions thank god. Just factor that in when you are considering salary negotiations. – more... very little PTO time earned in your first 3 years so don't plan on vacations any time soon. No raises for any employees for the last five years and salaried managers took 3% pay cut years ago during the recession. Good luck but beware.... – less
Struggling company with family enviroment
Lead Technician Binding and Tool Repair (Current Employee), Bellmawr, NJSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: nice halloween and christmas parties
Cons: reduced work week, high deductable medical benefits
General floor is a family owned company consisting of 19 satellite stores in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, and corporate headquarters in Bellmawr, N.J.They also have a commercial installation division called MP Contract Flooring. Co-workers tend to be a close knit group and look out for one another in time of need. While working there I learned – more... about customer service and time management by meeting several deadlines at once while fielding technical questions while maintaining inventory. This at times can be difficult. What I enjoyed working here were the friendships I have made. But like a lot of companies they are struggling in this economy and no longer meet my income requirements. – less
started out real well
manager (Former Employee), Broad st. and whitehead road n.j.May 9, 2011
Pros: i liked the job
Cons: don't kow why i was let go, never a reason given, just said we we are here for your keys
i worked there for 4 years..i went from assistant manager to manager in the first 2 years..i think they let me go because they thought that i was telling customers to go to another store that had recently opened up just about accross the street and i was friends with the former manager who left to open his own store with another partner. i stayed with – more... general because i thought i had a future with them..but then the rug was pulled out from under me..here one day and gone the next – less

About General Floor

For 30 years, General Floor has dedicated itself to serving the unique needs of the Building, Flooring and Design Pro. Our approach – Read more

General Floor Photos