General Floor Employee Reviews

Friendly and fair company to work for
Marketing Representative/Quotes Dept (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJuly 13, 2017
General Floor provides a nice , friendly atmosphere for the employees. This company strives on customer satisfaction ,along with supporting the employees to help make the work productive.
Pros
Acknowledges and rewards employee work accomplishments
Great Coworkers & some managers
Operations (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJune 20, 2017
Co-workers are great along with some managers. It seems there are some workers who can slack all day long and still have a job. Each manager is different in how the manger their teams and there is no consistency throughout the company. You can advance in the company, but it's not always easy to do so. They will recognize hard work, but you just have to be noticed by the right people it seems. It would be nice to have the president actual know your name & what department you work in since this is not a huge company. There's larger corporations out there where the president would at least recognize you work there!
Healthcare - expensive, but anymore don't know where it wouldn't be.
Pay - believe to be below standard.
Bonus - branches can receive bonus quarterly depending on sales and HDQ depending on how the company did for the year & how long a person has been here for.

Overall it isn't a bad company to work, I just wish they would listen to the people who are actually doing the job and not the ones sitting behind a desk coming up with ideas.
Pros
Co-workers, 401K, 45 min lunches, some managers, sometimes a bonus - depending on the year they had
Cons
PTO - takes awhile to accumulate, expensive healthcare, major holidays only
Ever changing work day.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Hatboro, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Everyday is different at General Floor. The challenges of the customer needs to supplier schedule changes bring new challenges everyday. Workplace culture is fast paced and exciting. The hardest part of the job is working with the customers different personalities.
Great place to work. Friendly like family/
PURCHASER (Former Employee) –  Bellmar, NJDecember 20, 2016
Learned many skills. A lot of room for advancement. Everyone was treated like family. You worked hard, but you were rewarded. They take care of you.You are constantly learning. Everybody treated the same, no matter if you work in the warehouse, sales floor, or even the main office.
Pros
Holiday free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
Pay every 2 weeks overtime cut
poor advancement
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJune 24, 2016
picking orders but have to deal sometimes with customers. not a good place to advance. very poor compensation and awards for employees.
Mangers and Co-Workers
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJJune 27, 2015
The managers I have now and have had in the past have taught me a lot. Most of my co-workers are friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Managers, Co-workers
Cons
Not many vacation days
Wonderful position allowing me to help new homeowners
Account Manager/Selection Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJDecember 10, 2014
In this position I was able to assist new homeowners through the entire selection process. It was most rewarding to see their homes come together from the ground up. I was offered ongoing training in all products including the installation processes. My co-workers were helpful, encouraging and informative. The hardest part of this position was leaving when it was eliminated. Great place to work at the time.
Pros
First-hand knowledge of new products, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
No room for advancement to management or other
Highly task oriented position
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Edison, New JerseyJune 17, 2014
A typical day includes interacting with clients, researching product and availability, lead time, cost comparison, marketing and new potential business development.

I've learned that I enjoy interacting with clients daily and have exceptional interpersonal skills. I have also taken a liking to training new associates and passing along the vast skill set I have acquired.

As a manager in training, I am transparent with co-workers and clients and they appreciate my candor and honesty. Their feedback is always positive. Management is accessible to me when needed.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that the growth potential is a bit limited. In addition, I love to be challenged and unfortunately this position can be mundane at times and leaves little room for creativity.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to fulfill a clients' needs.
Productive and stable work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Executive AssistantDecember 31, 2013
I enjoy working at General Floor. The culture is friendly as are the co-workers. There is room for advancement; if you so wish and management is accessible and approachable.
Pros
Hours are great, family oriented and stable work environment
Cons
Though we are given quite a few holidays, one or two more would be nice.
Productive and stable work environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJNovember 20, 2013
Pros
Hours are great. Family oriented and stable work enviroment.
Cons
Though we are given quite a few holidays one or two more would be nice.
Horrible Medical Coverage
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  BellmawrOctober 27, 2013
For full time employees the medical benefits are horrible. high co pays and covers little with everyone of my families doctors being out of network. For family I was paying over $650 a month for benefits not even counting dental or vision . My family has no medical conditions thank god. Just factor that in when you are considering salary negotiations. very little PTO time earned in your first 3 years so don't plan on vacations any time soon. No raises for any employees for the last five years and salaried managers took 3% pay cut years ago during the recession. Good luck but beware....
Pros
People, Hours, Bonuses
Cons
Benefits, Pay raises
Struggling company with family enviroment
Lead Technician Binding and Tool Repair (Current Employee) –  Bellmawr, NJSeptember 26, 2012
General floor is a family owned company consisting of 19 satellite stores in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware, and corporate headquarters in Bellmawr, N.J.They also have a commercial installation division called MP Contract Flooring. Co-workers tend to be a close knit group and look out for one another in time of need. While working there I learned about customer service and time management by meeting several deadlines at once while fielding technical questions while maintaining inventory. This at times can be difficult. What I enjoyed working here were the friendships I have made. But like a lot of companies they are struggling in this economy and no longer meet my income requirements.
Pros
nice halloween and christmas parties
Cons
reduced work week, high deductable medical benefits
started out real well
manager (Former Employee) –  Broad st. and whitehead road n.j.May 9, 2011
i worked there for 4 years..i went from assistant manager to manager in the first 2 years..i think they let me go because they thought that i was telling customers to go to another store that had recently opened up just about accross the street and i was friends with the former manager who left to open his own store with another partner. i stayed with general because i thought i had a future with them..but then the rug was pulled out from under me..here one day and gone the next
Pros
i liked the job
Cons
don't kow why i was let go, never a reason given, just said we we are here for your keys

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Floor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2