General Growth Properties Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Associate Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2017
Loved working for GGP, cash applications, working with mall properties and the other workers. Great atmosphere to work in, great location as well. If not for relocating would have loved to stay.
i loved that place
Corporate Concierge Services (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJNovember 5, 2017
great job. i was a GSA for the entire mall. we did gift wrapping and gave direction to stores in the property. I reallt enoyed working for the company
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
food court
Nice place to work
Director/Controller/Manager, Property Accounting (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 13, 2017
Was a great place to work in the Columbia Md regional office. I was there for 23 years. Unfortunately, my position relocated to the home office in Chicago, and I did not wish to relocate to Chicago.
Mondawmin Mall
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2017
This job has been a very long time ago I must say, so from what I can remember it seemed to have been okay. I worked in the Management Office across from the Security Office. Everyone seemed to get along well and had laughs
Always amazing turn out of events
Special Project Coordinator- Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Great atmosphere and good culture amongst the workplace. It is a very fast paced position and at time tasks cram together before being able to move on to the next you must assure the step is complete.
Good balance between work and life
Project Manager/Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 26, 2017
they do a good job when life happens in allowing you to take care of any issues. Their priorities are in the right place. Only concern is the ability to advance within the company.
Hire, direct and develop personnel.
Facility Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21236September 1, 2017
Supervision of five technicians, responsible for daily operations and oversee contractors. Appraise staff. Train staff for safety. Oversee HVAC operations.
Senior Director of National Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
Great Culture
Great Leadership
Industry state is not very stable
Not much room to grow
Very stratified
Work life balance is good
Not a lot of pressure from managers
Overall, typical corporate work environment
IT Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
The company provided great benefits, but training was lacking. Typical day included servicing calls and emails from over 1,700 employees from 150 locations all over the united states with a wide variety of tech support issues.
Not much room for advancement for field employees!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 11, 2017
Not much room for advancement unless you work at Chicago headquarters. Compensation could be better. Great work/life balance. Excellent benefits / PTO.
Pros
Benefits/ PTO, discounts
Cons
Work holidays for field employees
GGP owns & operates many Malls
Mall Accountant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 11, 2017
General Growth Properties, also known as GGP, owns and operates many mall properties in the United States. The malls range in size and diversity and house many well known stores.
Kept you busy & learned much
Associate Mall Accountant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2017
Management were fair and knowledgeable. Many perks to the jobs like special outings to celebrate accomplished company goals. The job workload was heavy but doable. Much support in meeting established dead lines.
Overall Good Company
Group Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMay 30, 2017
I enjoy working for GGP. At this time the majority of advancement opportunities are in the Chicago headquarters. In my time here I have learned about balancing multiple projects and coming up with creative solutions.
Favoritism runs rampant
Acountant (Former Employee) –  ChicagoMay 28, 2017
Managers play favorites are are unnecessarily harsh on those they don't like. Also, people spread rumors about others and HR doesn't step up. VP's see a problem and won't address it.
Great High School Job!
Marketing Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAApril 28, 2017
I worked under the marketing manager part time while attending high school. I was able to make brochures for the marketing manager that were used for events that were held at the Montclair Plaza. I worked after school every day until the Montclair Plaza closed at 9:00, as they needed someone in the office until closing. I answered phones for the marketing manager and worked the switchboard for security after hours. I was the means of communication between the stores and the marketing manager whenever there were events to plan for.
Pros
I loved working with the store managers, making brochures on one of the first computers made and working late hours in a quiet office.
Cons
Working with security calls
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 27, 2017
I love being an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist. At GGP I interacted with customers and tenants. I would open the office in the am and close the office at the end of the day. Answered phones, handled customer issues. Accepted and processed rent payments. Ordered supplies for the office. Worked with the Security team, Maintenance and housekeeping team, helping with the support that was needed.
Great management, terrible company overall
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 14, 2017
I loved the people I worked with, but it is very hard to advance within the company and to get an acceptable raise/bonus. The CEO does not care about any of his employees.
Strong culture and great people but opportunities limited
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
A lot has changed at GGP since the bankruptcy - the culture has greatly improved, I work with people I genuinely like and admire and the work life balance is excellent - I'm never there past 5:30. The problems I've encountered are the personnel decisions that are made are baffling - they'll let productive, knowledgeable people walk out the door while they'll promote people who just seem to walk around and chat all day. Also advancement opportunities are hard to come by - its a good place to go for experience but don't plan to move up the ladder quickly there unless you know someone. The compensation is what I call average - not bad but not overly generous either.
Pros
Great culture, cool people, work life balance
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement, average compensation
Good company that cares about its people
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 1, 2017
My team was small and close knit. The upper management respected family life and understood those needs. Building was old so always had alot to do. Enjoyed working here and the experience.
great work life balance
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2017
Nice place to work though advancement and good pay is hard to come by. So great for people who do not mind being in the same spot for a long time or in search of stability...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Growth Properties. Our community is ready to answer.