General Growth Properties Employee Reviews

Good Company To Work For
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
Good company to work for with lots of training and support. Usually work with a very diverse group of people. Good benefits.
non supportive
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2015
Its all fake. They act like they want to be team oriented but they really aren't. They have some sort of training team, but its just fake.
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2015
This has been the best job I've had thus far.
Management is pretty down to earth.
Co-workers are fun to be around.
Hardest part of the job is figuring out what to eat for lunch.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with.
Decent place to work, but...
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
It seems to have a high turnaround. Everyone seems to like working there, but they don't have a great model for measuring performance. You can do twice the amount of work, at triple the quality of anyone else, but you might still get sacked because of the tight knit politics in the office. Subsequently, you need to make some very high connections to stay employed past your first rookie mistakes. The IS department seems to be the most disorganized.
Good work culture
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2015
Handled month-end close duties. This involved account recs, bank recs, journal entries, and review of the general ledger. Also assisted in special projects as needed.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities
Owned and managed Shopping Centers and Office Properties
Sr Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 20, 2015
The company owned and managed shopping centers and office properties and is based out of Chicago. This company purchased the Rouse Company in 2004. They decided to outsource a lot of their work so in 2011 I was being laid off.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Outsourced our work
Good pay/benefits but no management or structure
Security Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2015
During my time with GGP, I realized that the only thing I'll miss about the job is the pay.

I specialize in CCTV administration, project management and networking but when I arrived on my first day, I learned that I would be reporting to a guy who managed desktop security and had no concept of cameras or networking.

I constantly had to deal with the difficulty of balancing the contrasting priorities of Corporate Security and Information Services since the two departments refused to communicate to one another. I learned first hand what it feels to be "between a rock and a hard place" as I could never find a solution that would make both sides happy.

The second bomb was dropped on me when I learned that even though I was brought in to help manage the CCTV installations at their malls throughout the country, the IT department had no budget for me to travel. They wouldn't even pay for me to go get trained in the video management system that I was expected to support!

I did get the chance to work with some very talented people and formed some great relationships. But I will not miss the stress associated with working for such a mess of a company.
Pros
Summer Hours
Cons
Lack of communication
Great working team
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleMay 5, 2015
Responsible for managing and providing aid/ training on quality customer service to mall retail employees in order to increase mall traffic and generate larger sales.
• Responsible for effectively manage, building, and updating different marketing campaigns for the Oaks Mall and its retailers specifically through new innovative social media platforms such as instagram and Facebook.
• Assisted the Customer Service experience/ Marketing Manager in creating innovate and quality services available for customers in order to increase mall traffic rates and retail revenue. Services included: Personal Shopping, retail/tenant relationship , “look book” outfit ideas, birthday and holiday gifting ideas under different budgets, free faxing and wheel chair services ext.
• Assisted General Mall Manager in holiday marketing research in order to understand, evaluate, and predict traffic/sales trends VS. Last year during the peak holiday season.
• Gained quality experience on effective oral communication and marketing skills.
• This internship allowed me to further develop my retail service skills through interaction and fundamental understanding of consumer psychology and motivation directly related to spending. By executing and conducting interviews and surveys I was able personally witness the significance that memorable quality customer service experiences has on rate of return rates and revenue spending per customer.
• Responsible for fostering and maintaining communication ties between General growth properties mall management team and its tenants.
Pros
flexible schedule, team building
Cons
suddenly laid off
Ggp
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 5, 2015
GGP is a great company to work for because they provide a lot of different opportunities. GGP provides a lot of healthy outreach programs to ensure employees are healthy. Small working environment.
Pros
Flexible working Environment
Cons
Lack of Advancement
Great experience
Senior Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 27, 2015
I learned a lot from working at General Growth Properties. I was responsible for doing the accounting for a large Mall in New Jersey , and my job was a challenge but I loved it.
Great company with clear focus
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  West CoastApril 10, 2015
Enjoyable work environment at a company that takes the time to focus on core values and build the culture of the team. Forward thinking with constant change, good for some and for others it may be a nuisance.
Mission is to operate the "Best In Class Malls"
Group Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 8, 2015
As a leasing rep for two Regional indoor mall properties, I have the pleasure of working in a multi-cultural environment.

I enjoy meeting people who have not only a desire to work in this industry, but those who have a plan to fulfill their dreams and to succeed in their new mall business adventure.

Traveling throughout the five state region, canvassing and prospecting for new potential tenants at other mall properties is fun and challenging. Every year is a new experience....it's a review process, monitoring how better or worse the retail industry is faring.
Pros
Company Culture, Great Benefits
Well structured company and managed well
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2015
I worked here as a short term contract (5 months) but I liked the environment here. Everyone here has a business mind and work together to get the job done. From my short time here I would recommend it.
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 11, 2015
GGP is a good company to work for. The benefits are wonderful. I would love the company to invest in me or give me opportunities to advance. I want to know my company wants to invest in my growth as much as I invest my time in doing the best job possible.
Great company with a lot of opportunity for growth
Property Accountant/Forecaster (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 8, 2015
My job was challenging and fun. I loved working with the team we had. I was responsible for the accounting for 2-3 regional shopping centers.
Pros
room for growth personally and professionally
Cons
the company experienced financial difficulties and my job was outsourced
Field Marketing Managers best talent at 120 malls
Account/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
I loved working with the field marketing managers across 120 malls. They simply were the best talent to work with as they worked hard to meet customer expectations and generate repeat spending. I managed full service development and execution requests from the field marketing managers to facilitate an average of 50 live creative projects for B2B marketing, interactive - social media, out of home, digital billboards and animation videos, in store collateral and barricades.
Pros
strong talent in field marketing managers
Cons
not enough positive reinforcements from management.
Poor Balance
IS TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  60606February 3, 2015
Lack of respect of personal life and responsibilities therein. Would have not worked there as long if I had been aware of their practices.
Making it happen! Attitude is Everything!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJanuary 20, 2015
GGP has a great culture to work in. The 2 years that I have been here going on 3, I have learned so much about the shopping mall industry and so glad to be a part of the GGP team of staff.
Fun place to work
Coordinator, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Management has grown the company to be competitive in the REIT market.
Great Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahJanuary 7, 2015
What began as a merger ended up with a lot of changes including a new CEO.
Pros
pay and benefits were very good
Cons
to much restructuring