General Healthcare Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Nurse Staffing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 9, 2016
Great workplace, lots of room for commission, competitive company culture. Management very helpful - lots of company perks and appreciation.
Great company to work for
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 30, 2016
The staff is great, they find you work when needed. Very professional and responsive to your needs. They truly care about you and show it on a regular basis.
Productive staff always seeking new opportunities, excellent pay scheduling
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 20, 2016
Since I began working for General Healthcare Resources in 2012, I have found them to be a thoroughly professional organization. I have worked with various staff members, all of who worked very hard at finding per diem pharmacy positions for me. In between assignments they make the effort to stay in touch with me and ensure that my information is updated as needed to be sure it is current, since pharmacist positions can become available on very short notice.
Pros
wide range of opportunities, flexible time schedules. direct deposit paychecks
Cons
can have lengthy periods of time with no work assignments
Awesome place to work
LPN TEMP (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 7, 2016
great compensation, able to work in alot different genres. uses all of my skills and all different hours.the recruiters work well with you and can communicate what they need and accommodate your needs
Pros
different hours, great compensation
Cons
had to leave because of a workers comp issue
Awesome Recruiters
RN, PSYCHIATRIC/PRN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Recruiters are personable. They are consistent with assignments when they know you are an asset to the company. The variety of employers to work with are innumerable.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Salary
Dependable placement company
Contract Assignment (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 5, 2016
Tell GHR the type of career opportunity you are looking for, and they will quickly find it for you. The recruiters are supportive, and they do weekly follow up calls with you to make sure you are satisfied with your placement assignment/job. The placement recruiters are very polite, positive, and they show genuine concern.
Pros
GHR Recruiters have very positive attitudes
Always staffed by professionals who were mindful of my needs.
On-Call Retail Pharmacist/Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 3, 2016
I was given high consideration by professional staff for jobs needing filling either in advance or at the last minute. I performed a wide range of pharmacist duties depending where I worked. I learned to not always rely solely on others to get jobs done, instead overseeing their completion. I was very much able to work with good and poor pharmacists alike, compensating with my contribution and not disrupting the work environment. I very much enjoyed the variety of pharmacies that I worked at. I did not care for being treated with disdain and disrespect by the pharmacist manager at my last work site inasmuch as I carried out my duties faithfully and professionally for the five months that I was there, which oddly enough resulted in their offering to hire me.
Pros
Variety of pharmacies, flexibility of schedule.
Cons
Unpredictability of work hours.
Temp Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 11, 2015
My recruiter was very helpful and always made sure that he set my file out to more than one potential employer. He also stayed on top of my time card each week. I liked that we got paid on a weekly basis.
Plethora of experience and excellent staff assistance
Per Diem Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 26, 2015
I have nothing negative to state about this company. Each and every co-worker places their best foot forward in terms of assisting each and everyone of us into a position in which we fit perfectly.
Pros
Great co-workers, many opportunities, Amanda
Cons
Nothing!
Very fun but Profesional work enviorment
Direct Treatment Worker (Current Employee) –  Norristown PaAugust 3, 2015
This assignment is through the temp. agency at variety development camp. There I work with an autistic child that requires lots of redirection and verbal prompting. He a very needy child who is aggressive and terminally impulsive. However as human being we all have needs, some more then others so I love what I do because it allows me to give my best to someone who really needs it.
Productive and funny company to work for.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 20, 2015
I love working for this company. They are very friendly and always try to keep us busy. I have experienced working with a lot of wonderful woman.
Good nursing agency
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 8, 2015
Plenty of work if you make yourself available and good management. Can be difficult to balance work and life and can be difficult to have steady hours.
Pros
Plenty of work most of the time
Cons
Down times with little work
It's a typical healthcare staffing agency
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 16, 2015
Nothing short of average, GHR is your typical staffing agency. They call you if they have a shift open and work hard to make sure you get the hours you need in.
Pros
make your own schedule.
Cons
sometimes there aren't enough hours.
Horriblr Place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Stuart FLFebruary 28, 2015
Worst Staffing Agency I ever worked for Horrible experience. Human Resource Director is a joke. Cheap send you far away never offer to pay for gas and if ther is a problem with your placement never ever have your back! Beware
It's fun environment and i love what i do there.
Behavioral Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 22, 2015
They're very professional and I love working with them. Also they're very respectful and understanding and circumstances.
good agency to work with
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 22, 2015
professional staff and competitive pay. nice to be designated to work at different facilities. offers benefits and other perks. most agencies do not offer. lengthy application process, but worth it.
A typical day would include a med pass in a variety of settings whether skilled nursing or LTC. I learned a lot about different facilities systems and protocols. The hardest part is learning the new staff and patient names. Most enjoyable is working with patients in a environment that is nurturing and positive and working with staff who demonstrate the same.
Pros
flexible, competitive pay
Cons
no guarantee with number of hours per wk, but rarely a problem getting hours if you are flexible
Good company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 5, 2015
This company is a good company to work for, although I was unable to get enough shifts. I would get about 2 a week, sometimes 3. They are very nice and efficient. Hard working staff and they are always able to be reached.
Cons
pay is slightly lower than some other agencies
They have helped me to procure assignments in various settings but of late there are not a lot of open possibilities.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 24, 2014
I perform various therapy duties associated with out-patient and inpatient facilities. I have met diverse groups of people and have learned to be adaptable to various situations and styles of doing things and paperwork.
Underhanded, Reported to Dept. of Labor/EEOC
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth MeetingAugust 20, 2014
Found out recently that director blackballed a few people by calling companies and other agencies specifically blocking former employees from employment. Disgusting and all parties involved have been reported to Department of Labor. Thankfully, the position was done well and Doctor informed of the director's request after discrepancies with interviews. All recruiters in HR and GHR head have been reported. Beware, if you move on. The sad part is contract was assignment well done.
Pros
nothing
Cons
blackballed for 2 years
Case manager / Social worker
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 5, 2014
This company always found jobs quickly. Staff at general healthcare resources are very helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Healthcare Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

General Healthcare Resources, Inc. Reviews by Location