General Healthcare Resources, Inc.

General Healthcare Resources, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Horriblr Place
LPN (Former Employee), Stuart FLFebruary 28, 2015
Worst Staffing Agency I ever worked for Horrible experience. Human Resource Director is a joke. Cheap send you far away never offer to pay for gas and if ther is a problem with your placement never ever have your back! Beware
It's fun environment and i love what i do there.
Behavioral Support Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 22, 2015
They're very professional and I love working with them. Also they're very respectful and understanding and circumstances.
good agency to work with
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible, competitive pay
Cons: no guarantee with number of hours per wk, but rarely a problem getting hours if you are flexible
professional staff and competitive pay. nice to be designated to work at different facilities. offers benefits and other perks. most agencies do not offer. lengthy application process, but worth it.
A typical day would include a med pass in a variety of settings whether skilled nursing or LTC. I learned a lot about different facilities systems and protocols. The hardest part is learning the new staff and patient names. Most enjoyable is working with patients in a environment that is nurturing and positive and working with staff who demonstrate the same.
Good company
LPN (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: pay is slightly lower than some other agencies
This company is a good company to work for, although I was unable to get enough shifts. I would get about 2 a week, sometimes 3. They are very nice and efficient. Hard working staff and they are always able to be reached.
They have helped me to procure assignments in various settings but of late there are not a lot of open possibilities.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 24, 2014
I perform various therapy duties associated with out-patient and inpatient facilities. I have met diverse groups of people and have learned to be adaptable to various situations and styles of doing things and paperwork.
Underhanded, Reported to Dept. of Labor/EEOC
Nurse (Former Employee), Plymouth MeetingAugust 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: blackballed for 2 years
Found out recently that director blackballed a few people by calling companies and other agencies specifically blocking former employees from employment. Disgusting and all parties involved have been reported to Department of Labor. Thankfully, the position was done well and Doctor informed of the director's request after discrepancies with interviews. All recruiters in HR and GHR head have been reported. Beware, if you move on. The sad part is contract was assignment well done.
Case manager / Social worker
Social Worker (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 5, 2014
This company always found jobs quickly. Staff at general healthcare resources are very helpful.
RESPECTFUL AND COURTEOUS TO EMPLOYEES
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee), PAJuly 2, 2014
GENERAL HEALTHCARE WAS A GREAT AGENCY TO WORK FOR. THEY ALWAYS TRIED VERY HARD TO GET ASSIGNMENTS BUT UNFORTUNATELY YOU COULD NOT ALWAYS DEPEND ON THEM FOR DAYS THAT YOU WERE AVAILABLE
Longtime contract work at various facilites
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 29, 2014
Pros: leaned variety of new skills
Cons: no cons
Gained extensive experience in a varity of settings i.e acute hospital, intensive care, trauma unit, medsurg, acute rehab, long term rehab, SNF, schools, home care, short term rehab, long term rehab, ALF, ILF. Enjoyed meeting many therapists in different OT job capacities
Work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 21, 2014
Patient Care, Patient Assessments, Transcribing Orders, Discharge Teaching, Diagnostic Tests (Blood Glucose, Blood draws, Lab work, etc.), IV Administration ( Drips, Fluids, Meds, TPN’s, etc.) Tracheostomy Care, Vents, Wound Care, Charting, Assist and greet family members
General Health Care Resources
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: supportive staff, work in varied settings and meet many other professionals with experiences and knowledge
Cons: assignment not always available right away or may have long travel time
I am currently working for GHR as a contracted Occupational Therapy Assistant. I have worked for the company for almost 4 years as a full time employee on assignments in various Skilled Nursing Facilities and just recently on a Hospital Rehab Unit. I had the pleasure and pride working alongside a caring and patient driven team. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am part of a team that makes a difference in a person's life. I have gained many learning experiences to enhance my knowledge and skill base as a COTA/L and as an individual. The staff at GHR are friendly, professional and supportive to find good matches that fit into my lifestyle and with the client. The hardest part of the job is when you work somewhere great and the assignment has to end! If I have any questions , concerns the staff at GHR get back to me in a timely manner.
long term care agency
LPN (Current Employee), burlington, njDecember 31, 2013
nice company, never enough work. all work is long term care, flexible hours
The staff is always so friendly and accomadating.
Ø Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2013
This company was well organized, and the staff always worked as a team. I learned a lot working on Medical-Surgical units in hospitals in the surrounding area.
agency
LPN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2013
agency vs. a full time job.....company good...just temporary work
There are better places to work for
RN (Current Employee), Plymouth MeetingOctober 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, facilities
Cons: no communication, unorganized, money hungry
When I first started with GHR things were great, however, the turnover with their staffing coordinators is abysmal. My last staffing coordinator was amazing and a very sweet girl but one day she was just gone. No explanation or anything. Sad to say, this was not the first time that this has happened. Also, a lot of the time you HAVE to stay on top of the coordinators and reach out to THEM when you want to work. Most of the time it feels like they have either forgotten about you or you get 600 calls within 3 hours for work when you've either told one person you can't work, or you're already working through another agency because they forgot about you!!

Communication really seems to be lacking with this company. Most of the time it seems like all they care about is many. I don't think the management is either paying attention to the way their company is working or what but no one ever seems to know what is going on. It's always "oh, I'll get back to you on that" or "I have to ask my manager." They nickel and dime you for everything when it comes to pay rate. You'll be lucky if you make a livable wage through this company.

The only reason I keep working here is because of the state of the job market. I will probably just move to one of the other agencies that works in the buildings they send me to.
I loved working for this company!!!!
Certified Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2013
Very good work enviroment, professional people. I got to work in a field that I attended school for and assist people who really cared about the well being of the patient population.
its great if they have a postion for you
Medical assistant, Phlebotomy, EKG Technician (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 20, 2013
I enjoyed my time working here when I had an assignment but now that my assignment is over I have not herd anything back for the company I have been employed and out of work for a month
This is a temp agencey but the position i was sent to was very rewarding and i learned alot from it.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: the experience i gained from workin at this facility.
Cons: it was only a temporary position and in order to keep the position you had to live in philadelphia.
I would start by assisting nurses taking blood pressures, blood sugars, and temperatures while they dispensed the residents medicine. Then pulled residents charts that were listed to be seen by the doctor, and then called them down and got all there vital signs before seen by the doctor. As the doctor finished his exams i would take the residents chart and follow the doctors orders. I would make outside appointments, arranged transportation, and set them up for blood work, which i drew myself onsite twice a week and then sent out to Quest Diagnostics. Filled out requisition forms, referrals, filed, and answered multi-line phone system as well as paging residents via intercom.

At the site management and co-workers were great everyone worked together, gave each other a helping hand if needed.

The hardest part of the job which was also an enjoyable learning experience was that the residents were either homeless, previous drug addicts, or had no family to care for them. They also ranged in age, race, and background.
Bad Experiences
Healthcare (Former Employee), Plymouth MeetingMay 5, 2013
Pros: assignments
Cons: attitude of ghr, pay and fees
Nothing positive to say. Just do your job to the best of your ability and one day you will be able to market your services without GHR.
the pharmacy representative is very friendly and helpful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJanuary 20, 2013
I enjoy working the places that I am placed, but you never know how the staff would be so you are walking in blinded. ( not a good feeling) I would refer others to GHR. the hardest part is not being able to plan day to day when you work as a temp but the little check help ends meet.