General Hospital Employee Reviews

Happy to working in pediatric .
Nursing Officer - pediatric (Current Employee) –  MataraOctober 3, 2017
Day 08 hours & Night time 12 hours.
Learned new method & Procedures about how to treat the patient.
Word management (In Charge) more than ten yrs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Worst hospital company to work for ever
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 29, 2017
I do not recommend anyone working for CHS. The quality of care for their patients is completely undesirable and a palling there are maybe three good doctors who actually have a level of patient care and a good bedside manner. Management all across the board is absolutely horrendous. Everyone is way way overworked way way underpaid and it definitely shows in their patient care.
Pros
Health benefits ( which are probably the worst health benefits I've ever had in my life )
Cons
Short breaks if you even get a break
it was a productive place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 18, 2017
I liked working there. It Was pretty easy. They were always short staff on numerous occasions which made some days harder than others. There's a lot of pulling and tugging that comes with it.
Pros
we got free lunches
Cons
pulling the heavy carts and being short handed
I ended up resigning from this rewarding job
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Private Hospital outside of ChicagoSeptember 13, 2017
I totally enjoyed every minute of working at this job. However, my husband and I decided to move to Canada. So I resigned and took another job in Florida.
Pros
Lots of positive changes
Cons
Had to resign
Good place to get experience
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  EgyptSeptember 5, 2017
Taking care of patient and overseeing other positions, such as LVN and nurse assistant.
Working on stressful environment.
Seeing people on pain.
Watching the people getting better.
In summary i enjoyed working for General Hospital; but the job was only temporary.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2017
A typical day at work is very detailed, you have to pay attention to interest amounts of money and make sure they match investors balances.I learned how to do Data Entry. Management was very professional. Workplace culture was good. There was no hardest part.The most enjoyable part was do Data Entry.
Its good to help people
medical practice (Former Employee) –  OhridAugust 10, 2017
Being a health worker is the most valuable work. To save human life, to help a sick person it`s something that shuts down every health worker. Humanity above all
great experience
Patient transport (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTJune 27, 2017
I will just be taking patients to and from test within the hospital and from time to time I will have to take dead bodies to the morgue. Management was Ok could of been better . the hardest part was when I had to pickup dead bodies . I loved the interaction with all the patients I come in contact with.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
hours
Safe Place
Public Service Aide (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2017
Is a Fantastic place to work . The Staff are great. The best place to get health services. I have got very good experience here. I wish I can work here and get a permanent job.
Pros
Non-Profit Organization
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent working place.
REGISTER NURSE (Former Employee) –  ZENICA, YUGOSLAVIAApril 6, 2017
I liked very much working there. A typical day with a very heavy working load. I gained a lot of experience. Good management. Nice working culture. I liked helping people.
Pros
Small facility
Cons
Very heavy working load
Productive , amazing
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 20, 2017
Working with great staff , good team work. Everyone is easy going , gets the job done on time it's a fast paste job . Working on the line preparing the food and delievering trays to each patient
Pros
Free breakfast lunch & dinnet
Cons
Short break excellent healthcare
A day at General Hospital
Representative Admissions (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 5, 2017
A typical day at work I walk to patients room and get them registered, as well as putting admissions through on the computer. I have learned how to interact with people, help keep positive attitudes with those who are sickly. I became employee of the month out of 3,000 people. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with everyone that comes in and getting them registered while getting the ambulances that come in as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the patients and getting to know people.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No time for breaks
Great learning facility
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2016
Great job good place to start career. Takes a lot out of someone comusing into the city every day. There is no daytime employee parking for free
Great workplace for developing skills, professional associates
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  MajdanpekJuly 4, 2016
My typical day starts by checking validation apparatus needed for treatment,then arrival of the first patients , providing the necessary treatment , cooperation with other colleagues,as well as providing other types of assistance that are done on the fly.
I learned how to practically provide the necessary therapy in rehabilitation of all kinds of injuries.
My colleagues in a professional manner providing support in the realization of all tasks.
The hardest part of the job was training the elderly after multiple fractures of the hand for six moths.
Therefore whatever best I enjoyed when this person was fully recovered and returned to normal life.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, free dental care, free parking
Early Childhood Center was an amazing place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJJanuary 25, 2016
Amazing school to work for and for students to attend. Fun, enriching, loving, and safe environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children's growth throughout the years. The hardest was seeing them move on.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible schedule, lots of room to learn
Cons
limited parking, currently closed
good companies but low salary
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJAugust 27, 2015
the davita is not really supportive for the update of their machines..
they still used the old machines...but davita wants to be the number one...i don't exactly also know the business side on how they earn from per treatment...General hospital is kind of money making coz they look forward for the bigger return....some nephrologist visit their patients very rare that is accdg to some patients i've heard...but nephrologist are getting good money...Fresenius really wants their technician to be equipt in dialysis that is why we were taught and updated by the educator so that they could avoid fatality and made good cleaning at the cut off for their return or money...fresenius is some other ways is kind of cruel to their employees coz they want
us to learn on how to give good dialysis treatment to patients and work hard in order for us to give the best treatment to our patients (census is 230 patients)to avoid fatality...but very low salary...!!!
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
break is kind of ok
Good place
Internship- Assistant Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  GrenadaAugust 25, 2015
Nice place to work. The nutritionist being the most gentle you'll know with a kinda heart. All employees are willing to make these work with what they have. However the place is in need of help.
Good place for internship though with real life challenges.
Pros
Dedicated Employees
Had the opportunity to learn many good job skills
Shredder (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 22, 2015
In 2001 I worked part time as a paper shredder then went full time as paper shredder. When my job as paper shredder was eliminated I worked in the incinerator room at General Hospital until I was hired at Family Practice (Residency program for General Hospital) as evening receptionist. When a medical records position became available I applied and was given that position. From there I applied for a medical billing position upstairs for First Hospital. I leaned many skills at all of these positions including customer service, insurance requirements, HIPAA rules, medical billing. Each of these jobs were fast pace. I made many friends who I still keep in contact with. The best part of my day was when I was able to help solve a problem for someone. The hardest part of these jobs was when I moved on to another position.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
High stress
What life was like at the hospital
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Eureka CaliforniaJune 24, 2015
A typical day at the hospital was for the most part enjoyable. We started the day by preparing our work cart. Disposing of trash and collecting laundry from the hallways. Cleaning bathrooms. The management was less then understanding when a crisis occurred in my family, the co-workers were great to work with and I remained friends with some of them after my employment with the company. Housekeeping is a hard job, however, I found it to be rewarding and fulfilling in my daily work life
Clerkship
Intraoperative Management of the Cardiac (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
I worked with fellows and attending physicians during different cardiovascular surgeries. Hands on experience with the system and patients.