General Hospital Employee Reviews

Early Childhood Center was an amazing place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJJanuary 25, 2016
Amazing school to work for and for students to attend. Fun, enriching, loving, and safe environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children's growth throughout the years. The hardest was seeing them move on.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible schedule, lots of room to learn
Cons
limited parking, currently closed
good companies but low salary
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJAugust 27, 2015
the davita is not really supportive for the update of their machines..
they still used the old machines...but davita wants to be the number one...i don't exactly also know the business side on how they earn from per treatment...General hospital is kind of money making coz they look forward for the bigger return....some nephrologist visit their patients very rare that is accdg to some patients i've heard...but nephrologist are getting good money...Fresenius really wants their technician to be equipt in dialysis that is why we were taught and updated by the educator so that they could avoid fatality and made good cleaning at the cut off for their return or money...fresenius is some other ways is kind of cruel to their employees coz they want
us to learn on how to give good dialysis treatment to patients and work hard in order for us to give the best treatment to our patients (census is 230 patients)to avoid fatality...but very low salary...!!!
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
break is kind of ok
Good place
Internship- Assistant Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  GrenadaAugust 25, 2015
Nice place to work. The nutritionist being the most gentle you'll know with a kinda heart. All employees are willing to make these work with what they have. However the place is in need of help.
Good place for internship though with real life challenges.
Pros
Dedicated Employees
Had the opportunity to learn many good job skills
Shredder (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 22, 2015
In 2001 I worked part time as a paper shredder then went full time as paper shredder. When my job as paper shredder was eliminated I worked in the incinerator room at General Hospital until I was hired at Family Practice (Residency program for General Hospital) as evening receptionist. When a medical records position became available I applied and was given that position. From there I applied for a medical billing position upstairs for First Hospital. I leaned many skills at all of these positions including customer service, insurance requirements, HIPAA rules, medical billing. Each of these jobs were fast pace. I made many friends who I still keep in contact with. The best part of my day was when I was able to help solve a problem for someone. The hardest part of these jobs was when I moved on to another position.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
High stress
What life was like at the hospital
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Eureka CaliforniaJune 24, 2015
A typical day at the hospital was for the most part enjoyable. We started the day by preparing our work cart. Disposing of trash and collecting laundry from the hallways. Cleaning bathrooms. The management was less then understanding when a crisis occurred in my family, the co-workers were great to work with and I remained friends with some of them after my employment with the company. Housekeeping is a hard job, however, I found it to be rewarding and fulfilling in my daily work life
Clerkship
Intraoperative Management of the Cardiac (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2015
I worked with fellows and attending physicians during different cardiovascular surgeries. Hands on experience with the system and patients.
Productive, not one day is the same
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2014
No day is the same because you may be working in a different area, for example a different Team. There are color teams, and depending on which team would mean different specialty clinics or family health. Loved working with very diverse groups of people.
productive work place.
EVS (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PANovember 30, 2014
It wasn't a bad place to work it was just that i was constantly getting sick from being around the patients when we had to clean their rooms. I left their was because i got really sick and they wouldnt except my doctors note and I was highly contagious where i couldnt be around anyone for 24 hours. I got along with most of the co-workers that I worked with.
Productive and fun workplace
A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAOctober 28, 2014
Coding invoices to be paid, matching check with invoices, balancing bank statements, journal entries.

Great team to work with
the fun thing is that having fun with working friends
food service or housekeeping (Current Employee) –  1425 Portland Ave, Rochester, NY 14621July 28, 2014
i like to work in a food service because i like to be a friendly to them and they will be remember me when they saw me somewhere and tell about me to their friend. and i will learn lots of different kind of thing's that i never know before .
Pros
bring by house
Cons
15 minets
oranganized and resourceful
Nurse manager (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohioJuly 15, 2014
Managing different levels of medical personnel who were responsible for caring for patients. Involved in quality assurance programs and responsible for the execution and monitoring of recommendations. Responsible for monitoring the budget and staying within the budget.
Pros
Salary and location was good.
Cons
Long work hours
My experience there was fair.
Female Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Umerkot,SIndh. PakistanMay 21, 2014
Mostly it was OPD and very heavy sometimes.
Actually it was not learning period but practicing period.
The management was fine.
My co-workers were good and helpful
I had to travel far away from the city to my health facilties located in far of villages.
The day I use to get my pay cheque.
very flexible
Inpatient Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 5, 2014
very flexible, work from home, great hours and over time. Great management
active provincial hospital
health care professional (Former Employee) –  cagayan valley PhilippinesApril 18, 2014
My typical day of work is to handle my patient with care and check their vital signs everyday. I learned to be more patience and relax every time i handle my patient. i am more focus about time management because the hospital is to far in my house and they are strict about time management. My co-workers is like my family already because we have to be intact and build a good relationship everyday of our work so that we can do our job properly. the hardest part is to attached more feelings to my patient which is i have to limit it especially to elderly and infant patient.The most enjoyable part is to give my full service and handle it with happiness.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
healtcare
hottestes
Dietary/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 6, 2014
taking different kind of food orders from patients also doing menus helping patients choose the right food and diet for there health
Fast paced atmosphere
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be to order patients blood work and draw patients blood. I learned something new everyday at the job I dealt with people on the regular basis and got to know them personally. Most of the people there were because they were not feeling well but I got to know who they were.
Workplace
Central Sterile Tech II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2014
Some co-workers are great to work with. The best part about my job is helping others.
nice place to work due to budget cuts hours was decrease
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2013
a very nice place to work, benefits are great and very professional co-workers
hospital environmental aide
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 1, 2013
They should keep you in your assigned areas of work, co-workers are great, management shouldn't favor certain employees, loved working with the patients
Pros
loved working with the patients
Great work place and a wonderful learning envirnment.
CNA/PCA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2013
General is usually a 12hr shift position. I worked in ICU which was a great leaning environment. My manager was very relatable and always helpful in scheduling my shift. C-workers were helpful and energetic and General was a all around great place to work!!
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
12hr shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.