General Insulation Company is a national wholesale distributor of commercial and industrial insulation products, HVAC supplies, 3M firestopping products, and associated construction supplies. We have built our business on providing the highest quality products with superior service. We are a family owned and professionally managed company that has been in business for over eighty years. With 40 branch locations across the United States and in Canada we have grown our company because of our dedicated people and a commitment to excellence.
General Insulation has continued to grow during these challenging times because of our commitment to our customers, vendors, employees, and because we have the ability to change as the market evolves. Our core values of intelligence, integrity, and intensity help us remain focused and provide an exciting and motivating workplace that offers our employees good benefits and an open door policy. We are looking for an individual to join our team that values these qualities and want to grow with us ‘THE DISTRIBUTOR OF CHOICE’. Please visit our website www.generalinsulation.com to learn more about our dynamic company.
Position Summary: Execute strategies for short and long-term branch and company goals/objectives set by General Insulation’s Columbus, Ohio location. Provides technical support and customer service to branch operations and ensures that the highest quality of customer service is provided at all times. The individual responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments. Light warehouse responsibilities are also expected of this individual.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handles incoming customer calls or customer walk-ins by answering questions and following up with product recommendations and price quotes utilizing excellent customer service techniques.
- Receives and processes orders in the system.
- Provides support to the outside sales team by maintaining product literature/samples, communicating customer activity and providing leads.
- Ensures pricing and packing slip matches when receiving or shipping material; makes deliveries when necessary.
- Determines appropriate billing situations: COD/Cash/CC/Invoice.
- Responsible for daily credit card processing needs and EOM report for credit card sales.
- Reconciles customer or vendor material returns.
- Provides consistent communication with warehouse personnel to ensure customer needs are taken care of.
- Must be comfortable with change, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and have ability to think outside the box.
- Works in warehouse loading/unloading trucks, pulling orders, cleaning/organizing and deals with UPS.
- Ensures bid follow-ups.
- Helps customers resolve issues with orders.
- Collects mail, faxes and Federal Express and distributes.
- Ensures all orders are pulled correctly and inventory is accurate.
- Unloads/loads all incoming and outgoing freight.
- Serves as the “eyes and ears” of the company in the field by reporting any customer feedback or competitive information to Operations or General Manager.
- Ensures cleanliness of warehouse and office area.
- Picks up materials from local vendors.
- Restocks material.
- Cleans trucks.
- Maintains safety mindset in all duties performed, especially (but not limited to) driving, material handling and job site evaluation.
- High school diploma
- 2 years of inside sales experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must posses a valid driver's license
- Proficiency in the use of fork lift and warehouse equipment
- Must possess good communication skills with customers, teammates and employees at all levels of the company
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 - 50 pounds on raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods
- Proficiency in the use of personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite to generate memos, reports and general office correspondence
- Must have good customer service skills and be flexible and adaptable
- Must be willing to work odd hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Occasional travel required
Indeed - 17 months ago