General Insulation Company is a national wholesale distributor of commercial and industrial insulation products, HVAC supplies, 3M firestopping products, and associated construction supplies. We have built our business on providing the highest quality products with superior service. We are a family owned and professionally managed company that has been in business for over eighty years. With 40 branch locations across the United States and in Canada we have grown our company because of our dedicated people and a commitment to excellence.
General Insulation has continued to grow during these challenging times because of our commitment to our customers, vendors, employees, and because we have the ability to change as the market evolves. Our core values of intelligence, integrity, and intensity help us remain focused and provide an exciting and motivating workplace that offers our employees good benefits and an open door policy. We are looking for an individual to join our team that values these qualities and want to grow with us ‘THE DISTRIBUTOR OF CHOICE’. Please visit our website www.generalinsulation.com to learn more about our dynamic company.
Position Summary: Execute strategies for short and long-term branch and company goals/objectives set by General Insulation’s Austin, Texas location. Provides technical support and customer service to branch operations and ensures that the highest quality of customer service is provided at all times. The individual responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments. Light warehouse responsibilities are also expected of this individual.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works under the direction of the General/Branch Manager.
- Oversees product pricing from manufacturers and all vendors and keeps track of all open orders.
- Works in warehouse loading/unloading trucks, pulling orders, cleaning/organizing and deals with UPS.
- Oversees all aspects of customer service from order taking to quotes, to satisfaction of product delivery.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for overseeing Inside Sales force.
- Assists in budget and plans; yearly budget, 90 Plan, Monthly Metrics Reports, Matrix Customer Reports, 5/15, and any other reports requested by Corporate.
- Assists in credit and collections, new accounts, credit limit increases and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for managing inventory, inventory turns, reducing 180-day inventory, maintaining accuracy of cycle counts, and maintaining freight cost control.
- Responsible for purchasing, shipping/receiving, dispatching, and truck routing.
- Works as a liaison between driver and warehouse manager to ensure deliveries are accurate and timely.
- Ensures bid follow-ups.
- Must be comfortable with change, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and have ability to think outside the box.
- Responsible for batching and daily invoicing, always checking for accuracy.
- Maintains safety mindset in all duties performed.
- High school diploma
- Preferably two years of managerial experience in the distribution industry or equivalent.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite to generate memos, reports and general office correspondence.
- Must have good customer service skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- Must possess good communication skills with peers, direct reports and at all levels of the company.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work odd hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Occasional travel required.
Indeed - 2 years ago