Outside Sales Representative
General Insulation Company
General Insulation Company is a national wholesale distributor of commercial and industrial insulation products, HVAC supplies, 3M firestopping products, and associated construction supplies. As a family owned company, we have built our business by providing the highest quality products and superior service. Founded in 1927, we have expanded to 40+ branch locations across the United States and Canada because of our professional management and dedicated employees who are committed to excellence.
Our core values of intelligence, integrity, and intensity help us remain focused and provide an exciting and motivating workplace that offers our employees good benefits and an open door policy. We are looking for an individual who values these qualities to join our team, ‘THE DISTRIBUTOR OF CHOICE’. Please visit our website www.generalinsulation.com to learn more about our dynamic company.
Position Summary: Execute branch/corporate sales strategies to meet short and long-term goals/objectives. Provide timely information based on market research and analysis of the competitive landscape. Provide technical support and inside sales help to branch operations while ensuring that our customer service is consistently highest caliber. Respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service/assistance and deliver on all commitments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain relationships and provide excellent customer service for existing customers.
- Maintain superior product knowledge in all areas of GIC services and products.
- Establish and build new business relationships with prospective customers in order to grow the business.
- Provide product pricing, literature, safety data documentation and all related materials to existing and prospective customers.
- Create and conduct effective presentations/technical workshops to train the marketplace, customers and GIC team as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, and closed sales.
- Develop annual business plan and target accounts in conjunction with Sales Manager.
- Maintain competitive database.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors, requesting joint sales calls as indicated.
- Prepare a weekly schedule of customer sales calls.
- Communicate pertinent sales and market information to Branch Manager, Operations Manager and Inside Sales Rep.
Minimum Qualifications: High school Diploma and 2 years sales experience. Requires proficiency in the use of office equipment including personal computer to generate memos, reports, and other communications. Must possess excellent communication skills with customers, teammates and employees at all levels of the company, and excellent organizational and negotiation skills. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Must be willing to work odd hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Occasional travel required.