General Insulation Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 21, 2016
A typical day where the coworkers and I get along and do our best on the job. All task would be complete to finish a room and move on to the next.
insulation
Insulator (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 3, 2016
General is a great company to work for when you start insulating but when you know the work you do and know what you doing you deserve better pay and a more challenging work place.
Busy
Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALJune 23, 2014
I left two stable jobs to work for this company based in Theodore, AL who promised to have a lot of long time steady work and to keep me employed.

I was working eighty four hours a week at the starting pay of eleven an hour for someone who has no experience. I was frequently put in high areas on unstable scaffolding without a proper safety harness.

I wasn't notified properly if work was cancelled and for someone who drives from mobile to get to work in moss point that's a lot of gas if im not working.

there was no option for health insurance because you had to be there a long time to even try to get it from what I was told.

I was also being harassed by a coworker who was belittling me and putting my health at risk, when I told management I felt like they overlooked it because I was still having issues with him.

I was recently laid off after my daughter was born and am struggling to find work now due to them lying to me. because they told me right before they laid me off that they had plenty of work for me and after the layoff they told me they had no work.

I was very loyal to the company and only missed one day of work, and it has upset me very much to have been treated this way by them. as of this point there is no way for me to go back to my two stable jobs because I was not able to work out a notice with them due to General Insulation not letting me know when the work was going to start until two days before. so because of them I am actively looking for more full time work and am having to hope I don't lose everything in the meantime.
Pros
lots of money
Cons
long hours, short breaks, no insurance, safety issues, unprofessional
Ok place to work.
Driver and Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILJanuary 28, 2013
loading and unloading trucks and delivering to construction sites.I wasn't here long enough to really form an opinion about anything.
Good Experience
delivering
forklift
Poor manage compnay
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJSeptember 14, 2012
Management did not have control of union workers. a tipical day of work was too early in the morning, I learn a lot of products use on the comercial insulations business, there is not much to said about my co-workers, the be honest they never where co-workers, the hardest part was seeing the olders employees just avoiting to work.
Pros
good salary
Cons
to much favoritism
Enjoy working with other at the power plant.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 19, 2012
I go in do paperwork, take job orders and they guys and I get started on the jobs. In this job I've learned organization and communication skills.

Want to know more about General Insulation?

Ask a question