General Motors Employee Reviews

Found 1,490 reviews matching the search
Productive and definitely great work environment. Very positive attitude among the co workers.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Never had any complaints about the job. I loved coming into to work because the co workers were always cracking jokes and just creating a very friendly family environment. Management was good, I like my team leader and the group leader in my team area. Very proud to say that I worked at General Motors.
great work experience
Lead fraud investigator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2017
the position has a heavy travel schedule. the work experience was challenging. turnover was high mainly due to the travel.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
heavy travel schedule
Fast paced and great learning experience howevrer, there is no time for a normal life if you have children.
General Assembely Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2017
No room to move up as a temp employee, however, you get a chance to learn a lot within the company. You get treated as a lesser employee compared to the permanent employees. Looked down upon even though your work is equal to or in most cases better than those who have more time and or experience than a temp.
Good company culture and friendly employees
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHJanuary 16, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone. It is a nice place to work. Good team spirit and management. Employees are friendly and I learned a lot working with them.
good place to work except for races place.
ORDER PULLER SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 16, 2017
they hire older workers just to blame stuff on them that not true to show government that old people are not able to work. the fact is that they cant get years out of you and heath.
the UAW is aware of it and do not do anything about it !!!
Pros
GOOD HOURS
Cons
BAD RACE PROPLEMS
productive, great place to work
Op-Tech (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 15, 2017
for the pay and benefits, you take the good with the bad. the good definitely out weights the bad. You just have to be serious about working.
Pros
Job security
Cons
mandatory overtime
Good work environment Great coworkers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2017
General Motors is a great company to work for I really enjoy building the cars we build here. The people you work with become close as family, Pay and Benefits are great if you're a permanent employee plus the profit sharing every year and singing bonuses every four years it's great at GM , Now on the other hand it's not so good as a temporary employee you don't get the benefits, vacation time or the same pay as your permanent coworkers that you do the same job as and contribute just as much if not more sometimes but what you do get is worked like slaves to get the numbers that management wants to hit, and when it's time for profit sharing even though throughout the year you and your permanent coworkers put in the same amount of work they get a profit sharing check and you don't and your hard work feels as if it's for nothing and last but not least the union, the union is ok but not so good at least here at DHam for temporary employees that is they take union dues out your check walk around and shake hands all day but don't help you if you're in a situation where you need a union rep to stand up for you like they should, that's really all I can think of right now overall good company if hired in not so much as a temporary employee just being honest a lot needs to be improved but it's not the worst and it's not everyone but the bad outweigh the good here
Pros
Good pay, Benefits, Vacation, Profit Sharing, Signing Bonus
Cons
Management only cares about the numbers not its workers, Union doesn't fight for temporary employees the same as Permanent employees, Its not so great unless you're hired in
Excellent Place to work and make a living
AR/ Assembly (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53545January 11, 2017
I loved going to work there everyday. It was the highlight of my Career! I would have retired this MONTH! Great rapport with my fellow Employees and Supervisors!
Technology first company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2017
GM is always working with the latest frameworks and trying to innovate. In that sense GM is great. You are not tied to legacy systems and they are open to using new technologies.

The work environment is a lot like any typical corporate environment (cubes, quiet, volleyball court that no one uses).
fun place to work with good benefits
Assembler Line Team Lead/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  7600 general motors blvd. shreveport, la. 71129January 9, 2017
A typical day is eight hour or ten depending on how line is running. its good to know the job in front of you and after, it help management an co-workers as well. the hardest part is learning the operation. I enjoyed working with others, getting to know people from all walks of life.
Pros
good money
Cons
you will work
Excellent job
Journeyman Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Great job. Excellent pay and benefits. Would love to get back to a big automotive company in management that offers the opportunities of General Motors. Only left because they closed the plant in my town and did not want to relocate at the time.
Line Supervisor
Production Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2017
an ability to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of a business, division, department or operating unit. Planning and directing activities are major components.require the ability to coordinate the activities of workers assigned to the supervisor and then report those activities back to managers
Old School company with Massive Opportunity
Chief User Experience Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2017
GM has in the last 3 years brought all of IT In House, migrating decades of dispirit third party systems and technologies under a single roof.

While horrific in totality, there is nearly unlimited opportunity for those interested in transforming a Fortune 10 company into the next generation for the industry
General Motors
Design Release Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 6, 2017
I absolutely LOVED working here. Great Environment. Would have never left if contract house that I was emloyed by did not pay a low rate. I learned a lot working here. They definitely set you up for success here.
great people to work for
General Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 6, 2017
it was a great place to work for the only reason looking for a new job as of jan 13 i will be getting laid off from there do to shift reduction i worked with some great people and and some good bosses to work for alround great comapny
Diverse Opportunities
Manufacturing / Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 4, 2017
Diverse opportunities. Excellent opportunities to participate in large dynamic programs and projects. Great sense of accomplishment in the design, development, installation, and startup of new products and production lines.
Great job.
Forklift Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Great company to work for but I'm relocating back home to the DMV... The east coast to care for my dad with his health declining. I really dislike having to leave such a great job.
Production supervisor good money no work life balance and management union not favorable
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJanuary 4, 2017
don't recommend no work life balance Union runs the plant union workers have more rights then supervisors. If you have family kiss them good bye your just a extra body
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Retired from GM, gained wide range of experience in customer service, contract/account maintenance, financial services, dealer account maintenance, credit approval/collections.
Pros
Retired
Cons
Few
Very Great Enviornment
Tier 2 Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 3, 2017
I loved working at the Warren Tech Center. My job was not hard at all, the management is very professional. I loved the environment, great atmosphere to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Motors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2