General Motors Employee Reviews

Found 1,780 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to wor
Document and Data Controller (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 7, 2017
Great people and great place to work. Met a fantastic group of people and a drove of new friends. Spent an entire life time making great products for GM. I would not change this work journey, it was everything and more.
Pros
awesome place
Cons
plant closings
Not the best
Paint Laborer (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 7, 2017
Good compensation and benefits. However, this is a very unstable work environment and very inconsistent. Make sure your financial responsibilities are minimal before deciding to work here.
Design Engineer
Designer, Developer (Former Employee) –  USAMay 4, 2017
Atomotive Seatings ,Interiors,NX CAD,complete seat design,foam headrestraint ,plastic components,door trims,sealing systems,r&d for packaging of door trims and bumpers
Working at GM was the best
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 4, 2017
even though I was a contractor at GM I worked with the greatest set of people, my boss that I reported to was absolutely the best boss I have ever had.
Great coworkers
General Assembly (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNMay 4, 2017
Great people to work with we joke around and just try to make the day go by management needs to see what's wrong before yelling on the radio about line being down.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Great work place an enjoy the work experience
Comprehensive logistics. (Former Employee) –  Springhill,tn.May 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for gm an learning about the auto industry. An running equipment. An driving a fork truck . I was pretty good at what I done.it was an great experience. I worked on front an back vertical lines an trained a lot of people.
Pros
Good work environment
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOMay 3, 2017
General Motors has many racist Managers. The job does not care for its employees and will take all of your time from your family and/or life. don't work there or buy their products... might as well be blood diamonds. Not to mention- a lot of mistakes are made while building these trucks.
Pros
good money, good health insurance
Cons
racist bosses with to much power, no time for anything but the job, will schedule last minute manditory work days
Overall a good place to work.
Corvette Design Release Engineer C5 Corvette (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMay 3, 2017
General Motors is a very large organization.
There is good opportunity to potentially learn various fields of product engineering. The company has a broad spectrum in engineering.
Pros
An overall decent place to wrok.
Cons
Can be difficult advance within the company
Work the assembly line continual repetition
Production assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHMay 2, 2017
working the assembly line is continual repetition. Management was fair. Hardest part of the job was doing same thing over and over came to make for a boring day.
Pros
wages
Cons
short breaks
Great Company with an Outstanding Culture.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2017
General Motors is a great company for anyone who is interested in working in the automotive business. Great opportunities and challenges abound in a career that you will find exciting and rewarding. The culture is as professional as any company you will ever work for, and the people are dedicated and have a great team spirit to win together. I have learned so much about the automotive business in my 34 years within the company's sales, service and marketing organization. Some of my best jobs were in Sales Promotions, Customer Care and Service, Dealer Development, and Field Representative roles.
Pros
Company Car!
Cons

Want to know more about General Motors?

Ask a question
Never a slow day always busy
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2017
This was my favorite job. My productivity rate was good. Would still be there if supervisor hadn't threatened to beat me up. Lost my job for taking up for myself.
Faurecia
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 30, 2017
Faurecia is a good place to work. As long as you can handle the work you will ok. We do the doors for the Cadillac cts and ats. My co-works are some of the best people I have worked with in a long time.
typical day work
D2 conveyor attendant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 28, 2017
I did a lot of part scanning which I enjoyed , Inventory was another important factor that played a very big role in my job place, putting in data was one that played the biggest role or important factor in my setting of work.
Pros
learning new things on the job
Cons
N/a
Terrible atmosphere
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, KSApril 28, 2017
Always sick from the dust/dirt in the air, great benefits and bonuses but this place is just as bad as working at the post office. very divided, very high school and you get harassed on a regular bases
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Division, diversity
Fast paced and Good people
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2017
Good place to work if you have a second job. Fast paced learning environment, and the people are willing to teach you whatever they can to help you succeed. The only downside is that it is temporary employment at the time and you don't know how many hours you'll be working.
Productive, Safe and Fun working place
Designer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 27, 2017
Working at General Motor was a great opportunity. good working environment with all the professionals. Offered flexible hours and very friendly, understanding Supervisors and Manager.
Productive and fun environment
General Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 27, 2017
Management was great enabled workers to work and move up in the company . Little to no stress from management. Team building and team work consistently shown throughout company
Challenging and Rewards for hard work
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
GM allows for success in your career. GM relies on continuous improvement by utilizing great ideas from all employees from engineering down to the dealer technician in the field.
Workplace was friendly
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIApril 27, 2017
I came in on a tier program there was no romm for advancement. I would like room to grow in my skills with the help of my employer
Was not able to excell in the workplace because of the tier program I want to be a full employer of GM without the tier program
Pros
Hands on training, educational probrams
Cons
Was not able to participate in programs offered because of tier program
Good
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MIApril 27, 2017
Cutting edge technology, one of the best places to learn and grow in skills and knowledge. Encourage continued education and training...............!
Pros
World Class Manufacturer
Cons
Rely on contract workers rather than hiring them direct

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Motors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2