General Motors Employee Reviews

Found 1,498 reviews matching the search
great job.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHNovember 8, 2016
Great job, to bad I didn't retire from there. You got to move around and build on your skills and go to school and learn all the time. I did a lot of traveling all over the country and learned many thing about many place.
Pros
traveling
Cons
it didnt last with the economy
Work at GM
Contract - Electrical Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milford, MINovember 7, 2016
Vehicle data analysis at the durability group in milford proving ground very challenging work place. Very tightly secured and lots of training and testing schedules are available
Fun job
Marketing Support Adviser (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48243November 7, 2016
Very fun and relaxed job. Pretty easy and the people in the department are great. Great entry level marketing position for people straight out of college.
Awesome employer
District Manager Sales & Aftersales, Chevrolet (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2016
Huge opportunity to develop your career and advance. Great opportunity to learn the automotive industry. Work/life balance, supportive management, great compensation.
It was a great place to work and I am very grateful for my time there.
Production Worker, Team Leader, Tool Crib (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 6, 2016
It was a great place full of great people. I am very sorry that its gone. The area needs jobs like those. The pay and benefits just dont exist in the area anymore.
Productive and fun team environment
Marketing & Sales MBA Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 4, 2016
The OnStar division of GM was a fast-paced and positive work environment where team members were challenged to think outside the box and constantly identify growth opportunities for the business unit.
Loved working here
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 3, 2016
Clean friendly people great insurance and great pay.. Did compplain would go back if I didnt take the buy out great place to work
Retired from there. Was paid well.
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  AC Dort H highwayNovember 3, 2016
Great place to work. Made a very good living. Jobs are decided by the date you hired in. Same thing with what shift you worked. Classes for moving up in the company.
Pros
Medical, Dental, and vision. Life insurance
Cons
Work the shift they want.
Great until layoffs
First shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 2, 2016
Easy place to work. Follow instructions and do the job is all they ask. Layoffs take place regularly, be weary of this. They will not call you back if they lay you off!!!
The ability to make your own salary
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 1, 2016
Speak with many individuals concerning the purchase of a new or used vehicle. I learned many sales tactics as well as customer relations. Management can be a little ruthless at times do to the numbers game. My co-workers act a team some of the time. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with my miserable co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with different people.
Pros
Saturday-free lunch, bonuses, nice cars to drive.
Cons
Don't sell-don't get paid, work on a draw, stressful people.
DRE-Closures (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 31, 2016
I had the opportunity to learn a lot while working for General Motors. I enjoyed working as a component design engineer in the closures department.
Customer Account Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCOctober 28, 2016
Great work environment. This is one of the only call centers in the region with the average tenure between 5-15 years for a reason. Management is great, everyone gets along, goals are clearly defined and help is always there if you need it. Work-life balance is really good and the company really does strive to make work a stress-free environment. Hardest part of the job is sitting down all day, best part is speaking with customers and helping them solve their problems. Pay is about average at $14 an hour, but goes up some based on years and productivity.
Pros
Lunches when objectives are met, company culture, work life balance
Cons
A very stable, secure job.
Production worker - Fork truck operator (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHOctober 26, 2016
There were a lot of overtime hours performed at this job, and very repetitious. Good benefits and job security. Good production reflected good sales.
Contract Position Good Working Environment
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 26, 2016
I was on contract for Validation Engineering Process Improvement for 6 months. Good working environmnent. Since I was a new graduate I expected more guidance. Time constraints and deadlines could have been more flexible
Very nice job with good pay and great benefits
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 26, 2016
I have worked with GM for a few months I love it here...fast pace work....work not really hard but you will perform the duty assigned to you as your job...safety is a big rule here..have great benefits....great hours...paid vacation....sick days....pto
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Unpaid lunch
well paid with great benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 23, 2016
The company allowed me to work long enough to achieve a pension and security for retirement. Not always the greatest way to live as far as health was concerned but I survived.
benefits
Cons
health
Great Job
Sanitation and Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 22, 2016
Great benefits and co-workers. Although it is stagnant and hot due to no AC it is still a great place to work. Although employees can be a bit like high school at times
Review
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Concentrix at GM. My overall experience has be successful. Worked with a lot of great people.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
The world's largest automaker, General Motors is comprised of four brands: Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 18, 2016
Good work culture. People are very friendly here.
Good Work Life Balance, friendly working environment.
Company understands work life balance"

"Good pay and benefits, close to work"
Pros
Good work-life balance, more learning opportunities
Cons
growth is saturated, nature of work is very limited
Great Place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHOctober 16, 2016
General Motors is the best job I have ever had. The money and benefits are more than fair and my coworkers and management is awesome. In my life I have never worked for a better company than General Motors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Motors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2