GENERATIONS FAMILY HEALTH CENTER Employee Reviews

reliable and responsible
house technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, TNJanuary 13, 2017
they provide excellent care and take time with every individual patient to make sure we are meeting there needs and functioning professionally. I worked there temporarily but even though it was brief my experience there taught me things that will last throughout my career and I still feel like part of the team.
Very poor ethics
Care Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Behavioral Health Department WillimanticAugust 29, 2015
I'm a former employee. I was unfairly targeted by managment. The atmosphere is stressful for the reason that managment continues to look for errors. You cannot mention God's name or you get fired for using innapropriate language. They do not offer breaks. There is no room for you to voice your concerns to managment. It will be taken as negative feedback which would have to be stopped immediately. You cannot say anything to your coworkers unless it is strictly job related. Example you cannot say so how was your weekend. That might start a conversation. Which is not allowed. Pay is very low for market. Benefits are outrageous. I left happily as I told them they were not a quality company to work for.
Pros
hours
Cons
management, ethics, quality, treatment.
Intern
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CTNovember 27, 2016
I completed my school externship through Generations. The site I was at was very efficient and most of the staff were kind and patient with me. They answered my many questions. As far as work environment there was a lot of tension between staff. I often overheard many negative statements about others such as complaining about job duties and personal issues. It made me uncomfortable. I did learn a lot and really enjoyed the patient population.
Fun stable work place
Director (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 29, 2016
They care about their employees, treat people fairly. Numerous locations and various positions. They have a strong community focus. Stable management in place.
Engaging atmosphere to work in!
Health Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTJuly 15, 2013
This company has offerred me may areas for advancement and allowed me to further my career in the best way that interests me. I have learned that everyday is not always an easy day at work, but in return allows one to grow and learn from their experiences. Working with others is something I value most and the relationships you mature with. The hardest part of my typical day is dealing with an undeserving population that makes you wish there was always something more you could do. At the end of day I feel accomplished with those I am able to help and the difference I make in their lives.
Pros
Luncheons
Cons
Benefits are not the best.
What I learned
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Willimantic ctMarch 24, 2013
Definite seperation with management and staff, huge desparities in pay from management to staff. Benefits are not good, pay is about 30% under market value. Tuition reimbursment is enough to buy one book a year. Organization just adds to the work load and expects you to keep up, doing the work of two people. Don't waste your time.
Former employee.
Pros
service to people who really are in need.
Cons
agency executives skimming the fat off the poor at the expense of the employee and the patients.
A total nightmare
office administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTNovember 9, 2015
I worked as a patient rep in the Norwich location. The manager is rude, desrespectful to the staff and there is favoritism beyond belief. During my 90 days there...was let go right before my probation period because I wasn't a good fit, I heard nothing but complaining from the medical assistants and the patients. I completed my tasks as assigned, however the lead office person for some unknown reason, didn't like me from day 1. Everyone bad mouths everyone. I was going to quit anyways, but I'm glad I got out of there. Total nightmare. Trust me. Do yourself a favor and find a place of employment that respects you and the work you do. Run from this place!
Pros
Hours
Cons
The manager, the head of the front office, lack of training, lack of respect
Ok
Patient Account Rep. Coordinator/Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTDecember 8, 2015
this company is great for starters for people that want to work in the health care field. it was great working my my co-workers.
Great philosophy needs to match actions
behavioral health (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJanuary 25, 2013
This is a good company to work for if you are seeking a job. They do service the people who truly need the programs. There is an atmosphere of separation of powers ie management vs employees. However, if you are seeking to work where the values stated in the mission statement and the actual practices you may find some contradictions.
Pros
flexibility, many paid holidays
Cons
no room for moving up, management cliques, hr leaves room for improvement
Great people to work with. Patients are pleasant and appreciative.
Medical Assistant; Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 20, 2015
At Generations I have the privilege of working with underserved patients and making a difference in their lives. From a personal growth standpoint, Generations encourages continuing education, participation in community events and gives thoughtful consideration to my well-being.
family practice clinic for patients that couldn't afford healthcare
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTOctober 9, 2012
I would check in patients
If they were walk in I would check doctors schedules and fit them
in depending on the severity of them.
chest pain, trouble breathing, asthma, ( put them right up)
runny nose, cut on finger, caugh, find something that day or
first thing the next morning.
I would do all intake information.
check insurance if they had it.
always asked for picture ID
was well versed in Hipa
the hardest part of the job for me was to pick up a second language
real fast. Most of the patients were of hispanic origin. and I had to
know the basics of their first and last name, date of birth etc.
Great coworkers and patients
Behavioral Health LPN (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTJuly 20, 2015
Fast paced environment that allows you to grow in the health care field. Great starter job that allows you to gain the experience that you need.
Receptionist
Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTNovember 25, 2014
I learned to operate medical record system, multitask answering phone calls, giving appointments , vitals with patients. I love to be around people all sorts of ages and backgrounds. I keep myself calm and steady and very focused at work, I like to keep a clean environment with my co-workers yet professional. I'am always willing to learn and experience new tasks.
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GENERATIONS FAMILY HEALTH CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8