generations federal credit union

generations federal credit union Employee Reviews

Love the environment and my co workers.
Financial Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78250January 9, 2017
Love working with generations, management is great! Very easy and easy understanding job. Just seeking other opportunities in career growth otherwise, it's a great company to work with.
Pros
Good benefits, great management.
If high schools went corporate.
Computer Operator/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 25, 2016
At first glance, the place looks like its full of opportunity but then you see that they focus on hiring youngsters who dont value the benefits. They talk them into opting out of the insurance to keep the costs low. These entry-level staff feel great about being part of a fancy organization and don't notice that salaries are low.

Experienced staff that are onboarded will be thrown into the mix with the entry-level and will be excluded from the "team" in fear that they can preformed at a higher efficiency and will earn raises sooner or jump to management. God forbid you don't like rap music.

Supervisors are too busy walking in at 9:30am and taking 3-5pm lunches to notice the "click" environment.
Pros
Nice building, covered parking, TV in lunch room, Xbox on site.
Cons
Too many entry level staff, weekend work, false team enviroment, and rap music
good credit union
Consumer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2016
ok to work for
like what I do
great members
good products offered to members
great pay
nice friendly employees
holidays off
a lot of locations around San Antonio
Great Organization
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Its a family, not a company. Generations FCU is an AMAZING place to work! They truly take care of their employees! Most people have been there for YEARS and I can truly see why.
Community positive environment!
Call Center Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2015
I joined generations federal credit while it was in the process of its brand transition phase, and was excited to be a part of such a positive community influence. Although this was a financial institution, there was a sincere feeling of 'family-first' that was a very important and appreciated aspect of working with gfcu.
Pros
Company community interest and investment
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 29, 2015
Its a good place to work and everyone is nice. The pay isn't great. The people are very great and management is nice. Everyone is very knowledgable of their job. Management does not micro manage you at all.
Pros
good environment
Cons
pay is not that great
P.T.O full benefits,compamy car,credit card and phone
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 3, 2014
I love working for this place,it was a dream come true when I got hired.My bosses were down to earth,they took the time to train me where I needed it.Most of all we were doing things for the Children and the Homeless and to me that was priceless,and something I will always keep with me
okay place to work, it feels like a stagnant company now
Financial Advocate I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 27, 2013
I worked here for over 5 years. The first few years were great. After that it just felt like the same old stuff, day after day. It gets boring after working there for that long. The pay was ok, but it certainly could have been higher. The yearly raises are real small. It didn't feel like there was opportunity for advancement. No bonuses. Branch management does what it can, but there's only so much they can do. They are ALL ABOUT referrals now. The pressure is super high in that regard.
Pros
co-workers are great, build strong relationships with a lot of members
Cons
pay, no advancement, too much pressure put on employees to get referrals
High turnover, unclear goals and expectations
Real Estate Loan Processor, Closer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2013
Lost director, management, co-workers due to re-organization, support, low morale, always referred to USAA to model against, but, never matched the pay associated and offered by USAA
Pros
Learning experience, new skills learned and processes learned
Cons
high turnover, unclear expectaions and goals set
fun but chaotic
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2012
A typical day at the branch was hectic. Our branch was always fast paste so you had to be very quick. I learned how to deal with different type of personalities. Members all need something different, and you have to know how to meet all their needs. Management could've been a lot better.