GENESEE HEALTH SYSTEM Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Having a loving and caring supervisor
Recovery Coach & Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 5, 2018
My supervisor was the most smart, intelligent, compassionate, wise person that I have ever worked for. She was so loving and caring. My workday was never the same. It would be challenging at times because not only did my clients have SUD's, they had severe mental health issues as well. However, I loved my job and hate that I had to leave.
Stay Away
Intern (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 1, 2017
Worked with Genesee as a intern and had a awful experience. Management and payroll was rude whenever I would ask a question. Couldn’t get a straight answer regarding payroll or hours from HR, payroll, or management. All the employees there are miserable. Not a enjoyable environment.
Pros
30 minutes lunch break
Cons
No benefits, no paid time off
Excellent company to work for
Nurse Consultant/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 14, 2017
I was employed with Genesee Health System as a contractor, hence the low scores for benefits, paid time off and job security. However, if I had been a direct hire, I would have had full benefits including health, optical, dental, 401K, paid time off, paid holidays as well as job security and advancement.
Targeted Case Manager/Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 16, 2017
This position was alright. This position had a huge work load and required home visit which I didn't care for. I would have appreciated more support from supervisors
Pros
Excellent colleagues
Cons
Heavy case load
Highly Stressful
Targeted Case Manager/Supports Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 23, 2017
Caseloads are far too high for case managers serving mentally ill populations. Management does not consider input from employees very well when making changes. Overworked and underpaid. A typical day includes a lot of paperwork, going out in the community to meet very ill clients and connect them to resources to meet their own mental health and other needs. The job is wonderful as far as helping people, but the organization is overloading employees, which limits their ability to actually help...which is sad and frustrating. Co-workers are supportive and "in the same boat" , but this creates a very easy playground for complaining about the job and "venting", because it seems like there are no plans to make things better! Great exposure to public service at its core and being "in the trenches", great for a resume. I enjoyed my co-workers, my clients, being able to make a difference. Hardest part of the job was too much paperwork that limits time spent actually helping people. high turnover due to fast burn-out so we were always "taking on" caseloads of caseworkers that quit. job security is good! Management overall was kind and wanted to help, but something there gets in the way of running the ship smoothly in a way that makes sense for employees so they feel they can perform their job correctly. Training is lacking.
Pros
co-workers, helping others, meaningful work
Cons
benefits, workload, bureaucracy, paperwork
Genesee Health System awsome place to work
Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 9, 2017
I had a great time working for GHS they were very kind and caring to their workers and patients. I enjoyed weekends of and the pto and benefits were generous.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
wages were slightly low
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my employment with this company. There are opportunities for advancement and some education assistance. The environment overall is friendly and helpful.
Good Job Opportunties
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIOctober 14, 2015
Changeling workplace with extensive work load. Have to be committed and dedicated. Also be able to work under pressure.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Extensive work load
Professional and Excellent Training
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 20, 2015
I have many years of experience with Genesee Health System; formerly known as Genesee Community Mental Health (GCCMH). It has a staff of truly dedicated professionals who have helped to make that agency a leader in the field of mental health and substance use disorders; including those with intellectual disabilities. The staff are highly committed, the management highly experienced and the consumers genuinely cared for with an attitude of excellence and respect. They offer great training opportunities. It is a great place for both the entry level and seasoned professional.
Genesee Health System
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Genesee Health System was a good company to work for with many supports built in for a starting position. I worked with mentally ill patients coming in seek help for their illness.
Pros
Job Coaching
Cons
Little growth oppurtunites
A very rewarding place to work.
Health Mentor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MiNovember 15, 2014
GHS is an agency with low turn overs and high appreciated employees. I have learned a lot working there and believe my experience there along with my past jobs has prepared me for my future career choice coming my way soon.
Pros
A very upbeat, fun, and rewarding company to work for.
Cons
The turn over is very low and there is not much room for growth.
Great Place To work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 6, 2013
Treated their interns very well and gave a well rounded education that demonstrated all facets of this company.