Genesee Intermediate School District Employee Reviews

Great job!
Special Ed Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 9, 2017
I have worked here for years love my actual job very much. There has been so many changes in the management area that it has been very hard on the employees and not enough staff in the field. This has been an on going battle for years. The pay has not changed in years and the benefits change every year for the worse. Hardest part of the job is not being recognized as a person instead of a bus number. Not a lot of advancement. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to the know the students and parents and forming a bond with co workers.
Pros
Snow days! Get to stay home in bad weather
Cons
Getting up at 4 am, split shifts
Headstart transportion aide
Buses aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 2, 2017
Love kids, lots responsible, Co- worker good to work with. Kid only can be on buses for hour one-way. Kid have sign in and out on buses. Lot down time. Good pay.
Pros
Field trip, good pay, co worker, paid hoilday, snow days, benfits
Cons
Lot down time, hours
Great environment to work in.
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2017
All of the teachers were friendly and well trained. I worked with individual students, helping them stay on task. Students were a complete joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning the mannerisms of individual children and learning how to deal with them. The most enjoyable part of working here was how rewarding it was to see growth among the students.
Enjoy to assist special needs
Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 12, 2016
A day of work starts really early, but enjoy working with special needs and to help their day to be brighter than before, management has been a learning experience as the best supervisor always said to everyone " cover your assets", and it has stuck with me, everyday is a learning day, listening to co-workers different ways that they may be able help out in the children, the most enjoyable part of my job is the kids seeing their smiles as they improve on their skills
Pros
paid snow days
Cons
time off without pay
Custodian (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 20, 2016
good balance for second shift worker who has available days. Independent working and what not, spacious work environment.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Productive yet different kind of environment
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 1, 2016
Enjoy working with family and children. I focus only on my job. Very interesting place to work. absolutely love my immediate co-workers. I try to be cordial to everyone else. You never know around here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Paid Lunch No pay increases
Productive Work Place
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 20, 2015
Great Work Environment
Opportunity for advancement (advanced to Coordinator) learned about how to manage staff with different work style and personality
Effective case management
Exciting Work Environment
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Davison, MIApril 24, 2015
- Davison Community Schools
- K-12 Grades
- All Subjects
- Enjoy seeing all different personalities of students
- Excellent support from teachers and district administration
A great learning opportunity.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 15, 2015
I gained some great friends and great experiences while working for this organization. I learned a lot about being in a leadership position.
Pros
Fridays off
Cons
No Health insurance
Koerts Glass
Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 5, 2014
I would clean up around the shop to make sure it was a safe environment for everyone to work in. I would also carry glass and other items out to customers cars if they were to need help. Loaded trucks for the guys in the morning to get them on the road. Workers and management there were great all respected each other and worked great together. The company went under and had to close so we all split and went our own ways.
I love working for the school systems
Substitute Teacher-Swartz Creek, Flushing (Current Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIAugust 12, 2014
Organized, prompt, and a joy to work with! I have had no issues with GISD.
School setting, pediatrics
Student PT (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganAugust 6, 2014
Work with teachers OTs and SLPs, do home visits and set up motor learning classes in the schools. If you love kids, love school hours, this is the place to be!
Pros
School hours, babies!
Cons
long drives especially difficult in the winter, sometimes unsafe neighbourhoods
Internship in the Technology and Media Services (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 24, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Genesee Intermediate Schools. I was able to use my knowledge I had learned at Baker College. I really liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Keeps you busy
Cons
short breaks
If you love working with children and working out side this is a wonderful job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 23, 2014
Driving school bus, you are your own boss. The hardest part of this job is the cold winter days waiting for the bus to heat up.
Pros
travel
Cons
summer breaks
wonderful district to work for
Transportation Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 12, 2014
I grew up receiving educational services in genesee county. I was happy to see that the administrative professionals truly cared for the students and their needs. The transportation department is dedicated to providing the best possible services to all students.
Very busy and detail oriented place
Special Ed Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 28, 2014
Work day is all about time managment and customer service.
I learned to have better customer service and manage my time.
Co workers are great when you get to see them.
Hardest part of the job is being at work before 6 am .
The most enjoyable part of this job is watching the children grow and become amazing young adults.
Pros
Go on field trips, meet new people, and snowdays!
Cons
Not a year round paycheck, long breaks.
Nice to help children learn
Substitute Teacher-PESG (Current Employee) –  Genesee CountyApril 15, 2014
Typical day is to be a guest teacher in a classroom. I learned that children learn in various ways. Management is not really seen in the school setting, the co workers are nice and most enjoy what they do which is educating kids. The hardest part of the job is disobedient children that just wont listen. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all the kids listen and get the lesson complete without questions and issues. The fact that is only a job that is only an as need basis.
Pros
Planning hour and lunch hour
Cons
Kids with severe issues that you want to help but cant
Difficult work Environment.
SSW For GISD (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 22, 2013
Difficult working with SEI high school students on a daily basis. Very good staff to work with in the program. Goal is to help students with social skills.
Pros
Small group of students.
Cons
having to physically manage students.
A fine place to learn how to handle stress
Parent Educator/Prevention Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 27, 2013
A typical day of work exceeded the normal work day, with preparations for the next day's work. I learned how to handle the pressure of getting a job done, that could not be finished during a normal work day. The hardest part of the job was knowing that the grant funding would run out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the students.
This program ensures that the students are learning beyond the classroom.
Youth Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 14, 2013
A typical day could range amongst many different activities. I learned how to deal with students more thoroughly on an individual basis. I was apart of the supervising team for my site. My co-workers were a joy to work with and they were very responsive to my leadership. The hardest part of the job is watching the students go home at the end of the day knowing that they are no longer in your care. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you made a difference and had an impact on a student that could potentially change the world.
Pros
Teaching the students.
Cons
Programs should have lasted longer throughout the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesee Intermediate School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2