Genesis Energy Employee Reviews

Unstable company /low paying loads
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Gayles, LA/ shreveport hwy 1June 5, 2017
Local loads pay no more then $50 dollars a load not a place for a young man trying have something good equipment terrible pay for a hazmat driver dangerous chemicals very rude dispatchers
Great Place to work
Pipeline Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
Wonderful place to work good management, excellent benefits, work environment is peaceful and pleasant, I enjoyed this job, learned a lot and gained excellent knowledge
Lack of direction, pay and amenities included
TERMINAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAFebruary 12, 2017
Stay far away from this company!! While working here there was poor and contradicting directions from Supervision, coworkers who changed forms, SOPs, etc on their own so nothing worked right on the computers, not a single running toilet or sink at any location, coworkers who wanted to be the supervisor so bad that you couldn't talk to anyone or trust anyone to do anything. Management couldn't care less about you and trusted you even less. Each site had Supervisors with serious anger and bullying problems!! I could go on but I won't! I'm glad I quit when I did! Just stay away from this train wreck of a company!!
Pros
Scenic view
Cons
Hostile work environment, Empty Promises, No restroom in the entire facility, No Recognition, no raises, no promotions, bullying from Supervisors and Management
Great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 17, 2016
Good company with plenty of hours but there is a legal issue with the company and one of its partners and are ready loads were haulted.
Productive Workplace
Measurement Technician (Current Employee) –  Sabine Pass, TXDecember 6, 2016
A great place to work , and great people to work with. You will have the ability to learn new material in your field of work. Top notch employer with great benefits.
Pros
14 days off a month
Cons
Away from your family 14 days a month
Easy work , good home time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 4, 2016
load and unload trucks, drive tractor trailer, Get dispatched out on loads . Go pick the load up and deliver. For the most part home every night just depends on where you have to deliver.
Pros
Great Benefits, good home time
Cons
Dispatch, Compensation, Work Loads
Extremely a professional Company/Environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2016
Extremely busy, meeting all deadlines that were required as well as dealing with Technical Quality & Safety regulations by the Federal Government.
Pros
My boss was extremely Professional and trusted me with all my assignments.
Cons
Driving distance sometimes was almost an hour due to traffice in Baton Rouge, La, though I was fine with doing that to contribute to our family income.
Good money, poor management
Tankerman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
Genesis has the potential to be an amazing place to work at. Their management is of poor quality, the pay and benefits there are amazing but they are ran poorly.
productive
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2016
worked with wonderful people. improved my driving, enjoyed every minute of working. the benefits were great. my supervisor was great
good company
lead man (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJuly 7, 2016
good company to work for with great benefits and pay. liked working there until i got laid off due to oil prices dropping.
Scenic Station is very unprofessional in terms of Supervisors. Bullies...
Railcar Operator/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2016
I worked at Scenic Station for eight months and I can honestly say that I've never worked at a job where my stress-level, morale, and drive to move ahead where compromised. My very first day in orientation, I was told that I will never get a raise by my bosses boss. I still gave my all but when I would notice facility supervisors bully certain workers for no reason, I begin to become stressed. And to see that calls employees made to HR would not bring change, I felt that all our jobs were threatened. This really has been the worst job I've ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Management at Scenic Station are not good for employees
Great.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 25, 2016
I started working for Genesis Energy through Securitas. Its amazing to see how much the company has grown and still growing. They have great management and great workers. I liked it.
Fast paced company that shows continuous growth in the industry of oil and gas services.
Anonimous (Current Employee) –  AnonimousMay 9, 2016
This company would be considered large in size, due to the various different divisions that they have in operation and the services each division provides within the oil and gas industry. The work is fast paced and at times can be highly demanding. Individuals looking to fill an available position with this company should be able to balance a large workload, while using proper time management skills to ensure that work is completed in a timely fashion.
Pros
Good benefits, fair salaries, and quaility low level management.
Cons
Company's organization is ineffective, upper level management is out of touch with workplace morale and difficulties.
Productive work place
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALApril 6, 2016
Work force is supported by management. Very good team work though out the company Weather conditions is the hardest part of this job. You can lean something new every day you come to work.
Pros
Training
Cons
Weather
good culture and everything
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
everything here is good, but with the acquisition of enterprise pipelines...the future for this company might change

management and people there are very friendly and will treat you right
operations and co-workers
Terminal Operator Baton Rouge (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 7, 2016
As an Terminal Operator, I store and transfer petroleum oil. My co-worker and I spend time away from work playing basketball and doing other activities together.
Nice Exp. working at Genesis Energy.
Sr. Oracle eBusiness Analyst / Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
Flexible work schedule. Immediate boss was very knowledgeable and enjoyed working with him. Management is good. Learned new software products and energy industry.
Pros
Nice env. to work
Cons
job security and advancement
they are a big company
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSFebruary 26, 2016
I learned how to use the computer systems in the truck and a typical day was a 12 to 14 hour shift. Christian management and co-workers was easy to work with and was understandable under any circumstances and I would think the hardest part of the job was getting to know the computer system inside the truck. I loved that te quarterly safety bonus because it made us focus on safety. The drivers alert each month helped me learn a lot ongoing through the job
Pros
quarterly Bonus
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful place to work
District Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 21, 2016
It was a great place to work it was a good experience and I regret getting laid off. I will always have good memories form there.
Enjoyable
Crude Oil Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 18, 2016
This has been an enjoyable job for me over the last 7 years, but the oilfield is slow, so hours and incentives are being cut.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis Energy. Our community is ready to answer.