Genesis Energy Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2016
worked with wonderful people. improved my driving, enjoyed every minute of working. the benefits were great. my supervisor was great
Scenic Station is very unprofessional in terms of Supervisors. Bullies...
Railcar Operator/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 29, 2016
I worked at Scenic Station for eight months and I can honestly say that I've never worked at a job where my stress-level, morale, and drive to move ahead where compromised. My very first day in orientation, I was told that I will never get a raise by my bosses boss. I still gave my all but when I would notice facility supervisors bully certain workers for no reason, I begin to become stressed. And to see that calls employees made to HR would not bring change, I felt that all our jobs were threatened. This really has been the worst job I've ever had.
Benefits
Cons
Management at Scenic Station are not good for employees
Great.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 25, 2016
I started working for Genesis Energy through Securitas. Its amazing to see how much the company has grown and still growing. They have great management and great workers. I liked it.
Fast paced company that shows continuous growth in the industry of oil and gas services.
Anonimous (Current Employee) –  AnonimousMay 9, 2016
This company would be considered large in size, due to the various different divisions that they have in operation and the services each division provides within the oil and gas industry. The work is fast paced and at times can be highly demanding. Individuals looking to fill an available position with this company should be able to balance a large workload, while using proper time management skills to ensure that work is completed in a timely fashion.
Pros
Good benefits, fair salaries, and quaility low level management.
Cons
Company's organization is ineffective, upper level management is out of touch with workplace morale and difficulties.
Productive work place
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brewton, ALApril 6, 2016
Work force is supported by management. Very good team work though out the company Weather conditions is the hardest part of this job. You can lean something new every day you come to work.
Pros
Training
Cons
Weather
good culture and everything
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
everything here is good, but with the acquisition of enterprise pipelines...the future for this company might change

management and people there are very friendly and will treat you right
operations and co-workers
Terminal Operator Baton Rouge (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 7, 2016
As an Terminal Operator, I store and transfer petroleum oil. My co-worker and I spend time away from work playing basketball and doing other activities together.
Nice Exp. working at Genesis Energy.
Sr. Oracle eBusiness Analyst / Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
Flexible work schedule. Immediate boss was very knowledgeable and enjoyed working with him. Management is good. Learned new software products and energy industry.
Pros
Nice env. to work
Cons
job security and advancement
they are a big company
Crude Oil Driver (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSFebruary 26, 2016
I learned how to use the computer systems in the truck and a typical day was a 12 to 14 hour shift. Christian management and co-workers was easy to work with and was understandable under any circumstances and I would think the hardest part of the job was getting to know the computer system inside the truck. I loved that te quarterly safety bonus because it made us focus on safety. The drivers alert each month helped me learn a lot ongoing through the job
Pros
quarterly Bonus
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful place to work
District Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 21, 2016
It was a great place to work it was a good experience and I regret getting laid off. I will always have good memories form there.
Enjoyable
Crude Oil Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 18, 2016
This has been an enjoyable job for me over the last 7 years, but the oilfield is slow, so hours and incentives are being cut.
DW/BI Architect Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Lots of potential growth in terms of IT and Information Systems. Very professional attitude, no politics. Respectful attitude, good corporate culture
great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  BeevilleDecember 13, 2015
A good place to work. Friendly working environment. Family oriented. Long hours but good pay. On job training is provided until they are sure that you can perform the task.
Great company. It is part of Technip, and the benifits are good.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2015
The work is fast paced but the benefits are great. Good opportunity for graduate students. The key to success here is a willing to take on projects that you are not familiar with and get along with everyone. They don't tolerate confrontation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
none, just be ready to work hard and get along with everyone.
Good job, but the schedule was hectic
Railcar/ pipeline operator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 26, 2015
Overall a good place to work and learn new things, but the work schedule is really complicated. I've learned a lot from this company and am looking forward to progressing my career.
Pros
40 hour week
Cons
schedule
Heavy focus on customer satisfaction & quality of work
Marketing / Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 5, 2014
I came across this amazing company by chance, and realized I have to work with this small but awesome company!

After reviewing over a dozen other solar companies, we found GENESIS ENERGY SOLUTIONS through our electrician. Finally, a solar company that would give us everything we wanted, at a competitive price, but without compromising the quality of the installation, and still provide a full warranty on all the materials and service.

I became a customer first, and an employee second. This company is the highest rated solar company in all of San Diego country for a reason. They put their customers first and the General Manager never skimps on the quality of the installation, so he pays top dollar for the best craftsmen in the area.

The downside, is if you are on the sales & marketing team, you don't get paid nearly as much as you would with other solar companies. However, since I can't sell something I don't believe in personally, there is no way I could go work for an inferior solar company.

That being said, I am still looking for a 2nd job, as most of the sales and marketing personnel for Genesis, have a 2nd job in order to pay the bills. It would be great if Genesis had a huge marketing & advertising budget to keep sales personnel busy all the time. However with so many local competitors providing a lower value, most of them have bigger budgets for advertising, and can thus afford more marketing and advertising then Genesis can.
Pros
very trustworthy & friendly personnel, customer satisfaction is #1
Cons
small marketing & advertising budget
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2014
Productive and fun workplace. Good benefits. Treated with respect. Great CEO. Growing company. Has many offices along the gulf coast.
Nepotism
Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYMarch 14, 2014
- Nepotism within Genesis is more rampant than I have ever experienced.
- Support for facility level management from higher ups is simple lip service. There is no support.
- The pay and benefits are average.
Cons
does not live up to the hype.
Great managers, Poor Pay
Crude Oil Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Hudson, LAJune 14, 2013
Great management, poor pay for the drivers. Salary does not compare to surrounding companies.
In field most of the time, lot of paperwork.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 17, 2013
Go to the stations and pick up paperwork and check with truck drivers about problems ar neede supplies, Attend meter provings when scheduled and work on stations as needed. Co-workers were good to work with and we helped each other when asked. Working on lacts and maintaining stations. Being around other people and working with the office personnel.
Pros
learning new things and the people i worked with.
Cons
long hours and being on call 24-7.