Genesis Financial Employee Reviews in United States

Great work and learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 25, 2016
Great work environment with potential to grow and develop as a professional.Genesis offers exceptional customer service training and knowledge to help employees grow in a competitive business atmosphere.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 27, 2016
GFS is a call center for retail credit cards. We handle inbound and outbound call volume for over 500,000 accounts. I enjoy the people and the constant changing environment.
Exceptionally Supportive Work Environment
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 3, 2014
Working in a collections call center can be stressful and upsetting at times, but the management and HR department for Genesis truly made it their mission to show support and provide a fun working environment. Between daily contests, bobbing for apples on employee appreciation day, and free soup or sandwiches on the first wednesday of each month the office was never dull.
Pros
fun work environment, supportive management team, lots of advancement opportunity
Overall, most of the employees were fun to work with.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 14, 2013
I'd get there at 9 or 10 am.. immediately have to start making phone calls to people who didn't make their payments the day before.. that normally lasted until 4 pm.. then when I completed that list I would have to start back over, but this time I was required to add skip tracing to the process.. I learned how to listen to peoples problems and try to decide who was being sincere, and who was being fake.. I hed the most customers say that I was the nicest, most reasonable acct mgr that they had had there.. The hardest part of the job was when I was FORCED to be harsh to people. That is not my personality! The owners of the company were awesome!! But the manager that was over my department was manipulative, and wanted everyone to act as she did. I wanted to treat people the way I wanted to be treated, but that is not how she wanted it.
Pros
we had chances to earn bonuses w/every check.. they range from $20 extra daily, to $300 monthly.
Cons
if we didn't hit bonuses the checks were small.
I love working with people
Certified Distress Property Expert (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2014
I have been intrigued by working and learning from all source of people and sharing ideas on how to be more effective and motivated. A day at work is making it a knowledgeable one and finding new ideas to better my performance. I am glad to have the opportunity to expand my mind and ability working with others.
Working with famlies losing their homes
Office Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 21, 2014
I worked with families losing their home. It was a great feelign when we were able to win the case in court but horibke when we had to tell the family they had to move in just a few hours.
Pros
helping families
Cons
management
Fun work place with challenges and prizes
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2012
Job consisted of contacting persons with debt with certain loan companies that were not paid back learned how to keep personal records on speardsheets,fax on fax machine.The most enjoyable part of this job was that we could win prizes everyday.
Pros
sometimes we got free lunch
Cons
depending on our performance was how we got paid hourly plus comission.

4.2