Multiple openings – primarily evenings and weekends 12 - 25 hours per week.
Candidates MUST be available to work a minimum of double shifts every other weekend.
Genesis Group Homes is a growing, progressive company headquartered in Brooklyn Park MN, whose mission is to provide supportive living services to individuals with disabilities. We currently operate eight group homes in Brooklyn Park, Champlin and Maple Grove. Please review our website at: www.genesisgrouphomes.com to learn more about us.
DSP’s work in a home setting, assisting individuals with developmental disabilities with life’s daily tasks. DSP’s assist consumers with household tasks, cooking and eating, self-care, leisure time, socializing, money management and behavior management. DSP’s are responsible for the cleanliness of the site. DSP’s also administer all prescribed medication and complete required documentation. DSP’s keep the House Supervisor informed of consumer progress and issues, and report incidents in a timely manner. DSP’s provide caring and therapeutic support and supervision to each consumer at their assigned site. DSP’s maintain a good working relationship with families, guardians, case managers, and co-workers.
- The desire to support individuals with disabilities.
- Age 18 or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle (transporting clients) and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass DHS background check.
- Strong computer keyboarding and computer skills.
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Must have physical ability to lift, transfer individuals and perform required interventions.
- Previous DSP or CNA experience.
Starting wage $11.64 per hour, with regular reviews and raises (performance based) to $14.49 per hour.
Apply online at: http://www.genesisgrouphomes.com/careers/employmentopportunities.