Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

not well organized and unprofessional
Picker/Loader (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMay 23, 2015
When they schedule a time to work it's never in advance. you are needed to follow the schedule as far as coming in on time but when it comes to your scheduled time off or day off. it's a problem cause it's not enough workers and they constantly cutting time from the hard workers that forfill the duties.
Challenging but rewarding healthcare experience
Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Nazareth, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: cooperative co-workers, pleasant patients
My experience with this company was very challenging, but it allowed me to become more adaptable and flexible with the changes in the work environment. I learned to utilize and manage my time wisely, while juggling various tasks. I learned to better communicate with my co-workers and collaborate to ensure optimal patient care.
the residents are a joy to be around
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Lancaster, NHMay 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, hot meals when you want one.
Cons: The hourly rate, don't always get a uninterrupted break, not enough hours.
On most days I enjoy going to work, I get along really well with my co-workers. I enjoy interacting with the residents and their families.There are times when you have to take a little extra time with some, but they always appreciate what I do for them. I have learned so many different things from this job, love, compassion,sadness at times,understanding, patience. I would say the hardest part of my job would be when a resident becomes to much for us to care for and we have to say goodbye and send them to another facility. The most enjoyable part is caring for them daily and knowing you are making a difference and when you hear them say that they missed you on your days off, that really makes my day. To hear them say thank you when you do something for them is always nice to hear.
Fun place to work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), FloridaMay 19, 2015
I come in, do my work, have fun with patients, then I go home. We have a work environment focused on teamwork. I enjoy the people I work with.
Certified Nursing Assistant
CNA (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 18, 2015
Great people, slow management, and very poorly paid. They work really well with schooling. Staff usually sticks up for each other.
Professional
Director of Admissions (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDMay 18, 2015
Pros: Family Enviorment
Cons: Pay
The pay wasn't the best but this company really was a great start. I learn everything I needed to know about customer service and getting the job done.
Health care is constantlychanging
Office Supervisor/ Patient Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Davenport, IAMay 18, 2015
Pros: humor, co-workers
Productive fast pace environment. Enjoyed working with patients and co-workers. Health care is constantly changing so it was a place where you would be able to learn different ways to achieve your goals.
Repetitive work days to get residents ready for each day and live each day to the fullest.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJMay 16, 2015
Pros: got to work with wonderful people, leaving each day knowing I helped them and did what was needed to make their lives a little easier
Cons: Often short staffed.
While I love helping others and going to work each day, this particular establishment often seemed to be under staffed, which made it particularly difficult to meet each residents needs in a timely fashion.
Great concept on paper not followed in real life
Clinical Reimbursement Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, NHMay 16, 2015
Genesis Healthcare has a great Core Values and Partnering Approach on paper. However, I can say from experience that none of the management team (which I was part of) follows either program. The company could be great if money didnt come before all else. They state they put their employees first and value employee retention but sadly that is not the case.
No management support
Environmental Service Director (Former Employee), njMay 15, 2015
Worked there for over 20 years and a management company took over after that so you were pretty much forgotten about and no help getting employment where management company did not take over
Good Place, But Beats Around The Bush
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHMay 14, 2015
The company itself is a good place to work, but management tends to lead its employees on.Good work environment, friendly people.
Unmanageable Assignments
Licenced Professional (Current Employee), Warwick, RIMay 14, 2015
Pros: Always pick-up a shift
Cons: Nurse to patient ratio, new hires work every weekend, unwanted overtime due to unmanageable assignments, unapproachable staff, lack of team-work
As the other person said, all they care about is filling up empty beds! They don't care that their nurses and cnas work like dogs. High turn over rate and under paid!
overworked, understaffed, underpaid
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse/LPN (former) (Former Employee), Tuscumbia, ALMay 14, 2015
Cons: Too many Chiefs and Not enough Indians and Overworked and underpaid for the amount of Work daily
Overworked staff, told we are paid Fairly compared to local establishments, administrator uses intercom to call staff to her office like Walmart calls for price checks FAR too much. NOT enough supplies unless staff purchases them with their own money. NEVER left alone when you're off always asked to come in and feel pushed into coming in on days off. RESIDENTS LACK CARE due to Workload on staff. Corporate acts like they care but does NOTHING to correct the problem. NASTY PLACE TO WORK.
flexibility
LVN (Former Employee), carmichael caMay 13, 2015
I had passion to advocate for all my patients holistically. I drew from the interdisciplinary team in order to meet the holistic needs of my patients. I am a team player, diplomatic in my approach as a charge nurse. I did not care for the 100% percent turnover in nursing and management. I've had 4 DON and 3 administrators in the two years I was there. I however learned flexibility and adhered to all constant changes.
Fun loving work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Cinnaminson, NJMay 13, 2015
All the patients were nice and friendly and the staff was welcoming and helpful. Pay was fine but hours were skim. Did more then in job description but nothing outrageous.
Enjoy job
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 10, 2015
Pros: fairly compensated
I work as a dietitian and enjoy the facility I work in and the management team. I assess all residents nutritional status on a routine basis and provide support to the dietary department.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2015
A typical day is when you come to work you know what is your assignment. one to one ratio. You get to learn about your patient's need and personality.
more work than a person can deal with
GNA/CNA (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: work load is too much
I do not like working at genesis health care because the don't pay enough. they do no pay for school as well. the work load is very high
Its what you make it
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Laplata, MDMay 7, 2015
Genesis Healthcare is thriving establishment to work at. A typical day at work is hard, but its what you make it. Keeping a positive attitude and remembering you're there to help the residents makes it all worth it. Coworkers were helpful for the most part. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the residents and putting smiles on their faces.
Great company
Assistant Admission Coordinator (Current Employee), Agawam, MAMay 7, 2015
I enjoy my job, this is a job that I actually look forward to going to in the morning. I don't dread waking up everyday. My co-workers are all friendly and always willing to help if ever needed. Unfortunately though after being here for only a little over a month, my position has been eliminated and as of June 1, 2015 I am again unemployed. I just started working for Genesis back in March, and although it has only been a short time, I am really upset that my career path with Genesis may come to an end in just a few weeks. Hopefully with my qualifications and experience the regional HR manager can help me find something to keep me with in the Genesis family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Photos