Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Wonderful consistant work place, great people
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 4, 2016
Love working here. Very Straight forward and productive yet easy going if that's at all possible. Great people. Managed well and I hate to leave Genesis.
Pros
managed well, low stress work place
Great Experience
Medical Assistant (extern) (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCFebruary 4, 2016
My experience at Genesis Healthcare was a great experience for me. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and welling to show me the different things that goes on in the facility. I was able to learn a lot while I was there.
Hard days at work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charles Town, WVFebruary 3, 2016
This was a great place to work most of the time. Main problem with this job, was that a lot of co workers had different work ethics. Seemed that co workers were automatically willing to lay blame on the next person instead of taking responsibility for their own errors. The Administrator and Nurse Manager were over the top. They were great to work for. Overall a great job.
Okay.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2016
It is okay. Job security is questionable as a treating therapist. If your building contract is lost minimal effort is put forth to relocate you.
Good hours, not much labor
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
I would work 4, 8 hour shifts a week. Work was very light I would say, I just had to make sure the residents received what they had asked for. My co-workers would work individually. I was always corrected on my mistakes. I got the chance to interact and have conversations with many peers around the workplace, I was open with others.
Pros
Long breaks, Light work, Caring for Residents
Cons
The workplace itself could've looked a lot neater.
Genesis is an alright place to work, used to be great
RN OR Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoy my co workers, the communication skills need to be improved upon throughout the organization. I used to have more autonomy in my position but with a newer director she tends to over micro manage everything, and it causes her performance to be less than optimal. Genesis does not follow their own policies when it comes to people transferring in and out of departments; which affects staffing and customer service.
Pros
If you show up and do your job, you keep your job
Cons
Expensive healthcare benefits with poor coverage
it was a good place to work, although they did not work well with work/life balance.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 27, 2016
You would go in and have a list of odds and ins that needed to be completed, you would also do anything anyone there needed. you would be "on call" which means they could call you in for any and every little thing. (ex. broken bed, broken door, shovel snow, etc.)
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
minimum wage
Genesis is a great company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2016
Genesis is a good place to work they just don't pay enough as well as they work with you to make your schedule meet your needs.
Pros
COMPANY WORK WITH YOU AND YOUR SCHEDULE
Cons
DON'T PAY ENOUGH
process payroll
Payroll Processing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJanuary 26, 2016
constantly busy, no down time, always something to do. fast pass working envernment with not the best benefits. not that great of a company looking out for their employee.
Very productive and fun place to work.
Senior Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 18, 2016
enjoyed my 10 years of work but wanted to get closer to home. Loved the residents and co-workers NHA was great. It was a union facility and all workers were team players.
Not a good place to work
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 14, 2016
patient to nurse ratio is 1:16 normal subacute rehab is 1:10.
pay is very low
benefits are horrible
management doesn't assist on the floor
Teamwork
customer service (Current Employee) –  MDJanuary 12, 2016
Accomodating and caring place, meeting people and working along side a great group of hard working individuals. Learning experience is that a lot of people do not want to face reality and the hardest part is when there is nothing you are able to do for someone. There are a lot of ups and downs throughout the day, but we are always there to support each other.
Pros
great staff
Not a good place to work
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAJanuary 12, 2016
Management is not fair to all employees. Genesis keeps taking away employee benefits. Not fair pay for work performed.

Unethical practices
productive, steady work.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2016
Work shift is always constant and steady. hardest part of the job would be remember weekdays to weekends.my coworkers are friendly and easy going, lots of fun o be around. the residents really do have to be the best part of the day.
Pros
free food, easy labor
Cons
management
Very well
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2016
Put up flyers and send out play-list cards.
Learned about marketing and social media marketing.
The hardest part is to interact with real people and no enough training process.
The most enjoyable part is that it is a very flexible job.
Functions poorly overall
Registered Nurse, PRN (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Management team that "knows it all"; but took 3 tries to pass the State Survey. Excellent initial process with staff development; but then hands on follow through with unit manager very poor. Unrealistic expectations regarding patient load and time management. Unappreciative team leaders. Threaten your license if someone calls off and you don't stay over to work a double shift proclaiming your liable. Only problem is, people are constantly calling off. Stack most of job duties on day shift and then brow beat you because you weren't able to get it all done in 8 hours. Acuity of patients is high (they take anybody). This was on the TCU unit. Since going PRN to other units has been a much better place to be. I recommend it as a great PRN job only.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
poorly managed, thankless job, poor staff retention
Received a lot of pressure to meet High expectations with very little time to complete all tasks.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 4, 2016
When I first started with Genesis it was very enjoyable. However, over the last several years pressure had gradually increased which made my job unbearable. Benefits were being cut back and it was difficult to get time off when needed. I also did not receive help from supervisors to remedy difficult situations and felt like I was running a race all day. Nevertheless, my co workers were great. We were very close and we made a great team, but they were also experiencing great difficulties meeting the Employer's excessive expectations. I stayed with Genesis longer than I should have because I loved working with my co-workers and treating the residents.
Pros
My Co-workers were wonderful and very knowledgeable.
Cons
No Support from Management.
Diversity in the goals and expectations for possibilities/
School Psychologist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 3, 2016
My days are full. I commute to Vallejo High School. I check into the school main office prior to reporting to my work area on the other side of the campus. Initially setting up desk with to do list and expectations for the day; reviewing the calendar, checking emails, checking voice mails and prioritizing duties for the day. review calendar and prepare for any meeting which may include reviewing a report or completing the report. My management at this time includes checking in with the 1) school site principle 2) director or special education and 3) my staff manager with Genesis Health care...all three are emailed or contacted in the event of any important
schedule or information concerns for me. I most enjoy my work environment (I was permitted to decorate and work in) and the coworkers in the work area--social worker, mental health clinician and 2 academic providers; a magnificent team of student interventionists.
My staff manager, has supported me in both ups and downs, during challenges keeping me focused on "possibilities." Allowing me to forge forward with my eye wide open. It has been a great privilidge to work with the Team at Genesis HealthCare, and being able to respect their ability to match me with valid work environments.
Pros
working and setting my own time schedule
Cons
right now, the commute.
Not a great place to work ..
worker (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 3, 2016
I have been working for genesis HealthCare for a few months now.And our management team only thinks of us #$%^ as a name and number.You go to them with problems and all you here is I'll take care of it.But does it ever get done (NO)...We have been through several DDS and none seem to stay more than a few months ..They tell u what u want to here to get u in the door.But don't follow through with there words.Some of our nurses think it's above them to help cna's out.but we have some that are great with having no problem helping us out.My cna coworkers all work as a team we do what it takes to get the job done!! Are scheduling is not too great at this time.They do what the want with it and who cares about what u think or you have going on in your life they don't care. we have a Great DDS he been there a few months in the kitchen he work really hard and care about the resident there but his staff are the worst they are lazy lie they don't listing and when they don't get what they want they run too the Administrators oh clue's about anything she treat people of color with no Respect at all. and if you do speak up about something they therin you about your job or tell you if you can do the job they tell you they need to in valuate your position and maybe demote you. or keep your to your self emotions to your self.
Pros
Not a Good Place
Cons
Not A Good Place
Productive, enjoyable work place.
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at the Madison center starts out with me greeting all my patients that i care for. Checking the computer for new emails with questions or tasks that i needed to complete. I learned a great deal Physically and emotionally dealing with all age groups and people of different departments. I am a Team player and tend to get along with all of my co-workers, I let off a positive attitude no matter what the situation may be. The hardest part of my job is loosing patients that you create a bond with and welcome into your life as family. The most enjoyable part would have to be the activities that we create for the residents. Seeing a smile on their faces is what im all about. Making people happy and pleased is the best thing to me.
Pros
two- 15 minute breaks and full 30 minute break.
Cons
Drama within the facility at times.