Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), philadelphia paAugust 25, 2015
Genesis is a great place to work as a new cna you will learn your job and meet new and friendly people. The management is very nice they work with you if you have two jobs its just a good atmosphere to be around.
busy and productive enviroment
Phlebotomist/ POC Assistant, computer operator (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: great employess, bosses work with staff
Cons: no room in position for advancement and better pay
Good working environment, people are friendly. Good location, easy to navigate hospital. Supervisors are friendly and work well with staff. Need to have better security in parking ramps and lots for staff, cameras.
REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Glen Arm, MarylandAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Communication with employees was outstanding
Cons: location the roads in the winter time is terrible.
A typical day at this location was always busy right up until the end of the day. I learned various diagnosis and effects that was presented which required therapy. I also learned wheelchair repairs and various supplies and equipment's for physical,occupational and speech therapy. The management was consistent, serious and respectful. The co-workers was always reliable and responsible. This job didn't appeared to be hard because all co-workers were very helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job were assistance within the therapy gym.
Work Somewhere else not here!
Dietary Supervisor Assistant/Diet Aide (Former Employee), San Leandro CaAugust 21, 2015
Work Somewhere else not here!..........
Work Somewhere else not here
Work Somewhere else not here!
Relaxed work environment, slow-paced, nice coworkers
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Relaxed work environment
Cons: Working with Alzheimer's patients was difficult
I worked as a kitchen staff member at a nursing home specializing in Alzheimer’s patients. I would arrive at work just after the residents ate lunch and spend the next half hour washing all the dishes. After that I would prepare the drinks for breakfast, lunch, snack-time and dinner. After that I would head out onto the floor and refill the snack containers at each of the three nursing stations. Taking care to pass out snacks to certain residents who were approved to to have them. By the time I returned to the kitchen it would be time to wash some more dishes then serve dinner. After cleaning up the dinner dishes it was time to go home.
I enjoyed my coworkers but working with the patients was heartbreaking. Washing the dishes wasn't very enjoyable either!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant / Patient Tech. (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 19, 2015
Pros: education and the practice
Cons: takes time and work time
My School education has token about 3 months now witch for all 3 certification it felt fast. its well worth it; the goal in life is to collect as many certifications and as much knowledge so that is my goal by aging experience with all the jobs i can get .
productive and good atmosphere
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee), Griffin, GAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: team players
Cons: short and interrupted lunches
good place to work, always room for advancement and growth. The management team is very strong, the residents are amazing!
Very Negative and Hostile Work Environment
Aide (Current Employee), New HampshireAugust 17, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Mandatory Unpaid breaks, Co workers
They will schedule your breaks for you. Dictating when you can eat, but if your a smoker you can go outside for a break as often as desired, yet non smokers must remain inside working 8 hour shifts without a single break because they are busy making up for the lazy smokers. No one gets along here. Everyone talks about each other behind backs. Aides complain the most, but even upper management complains daily about the staff they have working for them. New hires don't last because the work ethic here is terrible and no one can work in an environment like this. Any issues you report to your supervisor get ignored. Staff call out all the time, or show up late or not at all. Avoid any Genesis owned company. They are all about making money and could careless about resident quality of life.
Insurance Claims Specialist
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 17, 2015
Prepared billings for PremierCare/River Valley Healthcare, Worked daily with payment posting, electronic billings and corrections for various insurance companies.
Supervise staff, admit patients, discharge, administration of medications.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: fexible hours
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work is admits patients, discharge, and supervise staff. Genesis is long term skilled care facility and rehab center for post op patients. I have worked with different types of patients such surgical, dementia, diabetes, multiple pressure ulcers patients.
Untrustworthy company and administrator
Manager (Former Employee), Rome gaAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly residents and co workers
Cons: Company does not care about staff
Would not recommend company because it does not care about it's workers or at times it's residents. Company is all about Money and image. No money no help and if it will make company look good anything goes. Would not work or recommend to anyone.
Learned a lot about LTC and TCU
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2015
Cons: Health Ins.
I work 8 hour shifts getting report, chart check, give medications or IV to hang, address any patient issues, Treatments, work with great GNA's, hard when we work short, great when we are fully staff
CNA
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2015
Assists patient with or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL), Obtains and records Vital Signs and weights per policy; Assists patients with ambulation and transfers; Positions patients in correct body alignment in and out of bed; Applies adaptive equipment as ordered; Cares for personal belongings; Assists physician and/or licensed nurse with treatments and procedures as needed; Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds, Accompanies patients when transported outside the center for appointments as requested; Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area; Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing; Participates in the care planning process and implements care according to care plan; Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation; Applies simple clean dressings, slings, stockings, and support bandages, Feeds or assists patients with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per care plan; Records patient's oral intake and output.
good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 6, 2015
Co workers are nice .The hardest part is not a organize company to work for.It is a small company good to get start your career with.
FORMER EMPLOYEE
FORMER EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), BEAUMONT, TEXASAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Residents and most of the Staff
Cons: VERY UNDERSTAFF AND NO COMPANY SUPPORT
NO STAFF. THEY ARE NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING. NO COMPANY SUPPORT. NO ADMISSIONS DUE TO NOT ENOUGH STAFF TO CARE FOR THEM. GENESIS IS POORLY HANDLING THIS BUILDING. ADMINISTRATOR AND NURSING DIRECTOR HAVE QUIT.
Pretty good place to work for
GNA/CNA (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2015
the people are friendly and nice. everyone is treats the residents like family. they are very understanding of request. I love it there
I've never worked with a company that is so unorganized
LPN (Former Employee), Gardendale, alAugust 2, 2015
Pros: I loved my residents.
Cons: unorganized, did not care for their employees, racist, poor management, the facility looked very old and run down, and a very high turn over rate and always working short handed
There isn't anything nice to say about this place. I do not recommend this place. They want u working even when u can't walk or have the flu or they threaten u about your job. They have no compassion for their employees or their residents and they brush things off like nothing ever happened. And their Baylor pay is a joke. Who works for only a 10% percentive when working doubles?!? Everywhere I worked Baylor it was time & half after 8hrs. Very poor management, high turnovers, very unorganized, and if u need a form for anything good luck finding it. I believe everyone is equal but they sure don't think that.
everything revolves around bottom Line
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJAugust 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Company only cares about Profits
The Company is very reactive not proactive in all of its policies and procedures. I was unable to get any support when it came time for state inspection and was talked down to when I asked Questions. Upper management is only there to protect their own jobs. I was always told to refer to corporate web site but it is never updated. Most of the information that is accessible is at least 5 years old.
I loved working with the residents
pca (Former Employee), Macungie, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed working with the. residents
Cons: No breaks in between
Horrible place to work. Please do not apply there. I worked at the personal care unit and it's like working in a nursing home, for little bit of money. The nursing Staff is not professional and they don't show much interest for the residents. Take my advice and don't apply there you will regret it. The nursing staff is horrible they sit in the office while you work your but off They won't even answer a call bell if your serving the residents in the dining room. You have to leave what your doing to go and answer it. I will never ever apply to work there even if it was the last place on earth.
I cant say anything nice
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Groton CTJuly 30, 2015
Pros: patients are sweet
Management lives for drama. In my office I was the 8th manager in three years due to insubordinate staff and management who said why bother fixing it.