Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employer Reviews

team work a plus
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: benefits, lunches and coworkers
Cons: short lunches at times pateint care taken away
Very stressful trying to get everything done expected of you in 8hrs. Patient care and medication administration and any other task needed to be done. To do the best you can each and everyday with knowledge and skills given to you in nursing school. Management very approachable and easy to talk to. Nurse and CNA work as a team to provide necessary care to patients. Leaving when shift was over and thinking what didn't I do for a patient today that I could have done. Smiles on patients and family members that you did a good. and Families and Patients telling you how much they appreciate what you do for them. Doing they little things that count to see patient and families smile.
Things could be better
STNA (Current Employee), Sylvania, OHMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules and friendly staff.
Cons: I work for a union.
When I started I really enjoyed my job and over time the management has changed and so has the work environment. I'm looking forward to new changes.
Poor salary
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Meeting new residents
Cons: Pay scale is not good
Senior Management does not respond to employee grievances. Pay scale is horrible.

Senior Management does not address concerns by employees or residents.
Organized and structured workplace
On Call Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Philadelphia and surrounding areasMarch 27, 2015
Rules and expectations were clearly expressed. Although clinical care has its ups and downs, co-workers and management worked together to implement policies that made the facilities run smoothly. Patients were properly cared for and comfortable. The patients often treated me like family and visa versa. I appreciated the trust that they had in me.
busy, productive,
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: 30 minute break, residents usually pleasant
typical day at work usually very busy patients like to be up early
i learned better time management going from rehab to long-term care. management is nice overall. i have great time with my co-workers, great team work,.hardet part on job is people passing on your shift and work load. most enjoyable is having the team work with others
Overall a great place
INFORMATION SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee), Kennett Square, PAMarch 24, 2015
Genesis is a good company to work for. Genesis is such a good company that people tend to stay and there is no advancement within the organization.
productive and very caring about residence
Unit Clerk/Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: specail recognition celebration
Cons: short breaks
Genesis is good organzation to start and career
Very busy with a lot multi tasking
Managing budget and ordering supply
taking charge and managing
co worker and team players
trying to keep up with the boxes
talking with the residents and listen to their past lives
Horrible place beware!!!!
Cna (Former Employee), PuebloMarch 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
This place is so horrible the turn over rate is 93% they can't keep any employees,they are rude gang up on you and why you would think that I was a disgruntled past employee out for revenge but in all honestly this place is no place to work no teamwork no solving any problems they are rude beware!!!!
Productive and fun workplace
Part-Time Office Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2015
I enjoyed the days working at Genesis. I help with filing and organization in the office. The staff there is very welcoming.
Dietary Aide/ Hospitality Aid (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 19, 2015
Very fast paced enviorment. There's a bunch of work to do that takes a lot of team effort to really get done. The hardest part is learning the diets and remembering to put temps in.
Good job for working with elderly patients with all stages of Alzheimers disease and subacute nursing.
LPN (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: experience in all stages of alzheimers as well as sub acute nursing.
Cons: benefits were not good. no incentives for nurses. management also leaves much to be desired.
I loved working with the elderly and not only being a nurse to take care of them, but to be part of their world and be able to relate nursing with compassion and also help understand patients needs and wants, to help the families of these loved ones understand the disease and help them with any issues they have. The hardest part for me is getting to know my patients as well as family member, we become like family and in the event of patients passing, its hard to say good bye. But in turn I also feel happy that I was part of lives for the time they are here on this earth. I have had many pleasurable moments with my patients to put a smile on their faces and to know I take my job very seriously and I could be there for them makes me very happy I do the job that I do!!
job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Spring House, PAMarch 14, 2015
i worked here for three years and i like it i love the resdients that i work with and they love me and thats a good thing to know
Stable hours
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDMarch 12, 2015
I love my job, and working with my coworkers allow me to be the best therapist I can be. I would love to have a stable 7 hours day although it fluctuates more often than none. It is difficult to get vacation days due to non coverage.
Productive face paced job
gna (Current Employee), Gambrills, MDMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great staff
It is a new building that is going to need a lot of love from their faculty. If you have the heart to work here it is a great place to be.
Productive and fun place to work with supportive staff
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJMarch 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility, support from administration and co-workers
Cons: healthcare benefits
A typical day at work starts with morning meeting every morning. I then review any incident reports that have been generated. I review any admissions or readmissions that have come in. I check in with my staff frequently throughout the day to make sure we are getting everything done that needs to be done. I never hesitate whenever someone needs help - from toileting, to changing, to feeding, to calling the pharmacy or doctor or performing treatments for a nurse that may be running behind. The hardest part of my job is making time for myself to sit down and do my work. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing a home-like, caring environment for my residents. I enjoy the continuity of care that we provide and I do see a difference in the residents that receive that type of care. I have experience in handling behaviors secondary to cognitive loss, dementia, and psychiatric diagnoses. Every day is a challenge, and I try to learn something each day.
A great place to work
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, NHMarch 9, 2015
Genesis is a great place to work. Awesome caring nurses and managers and nursing assistants that have a passion for helping others and helping coworkers. Great place to work for.
Nice Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: open door policy
patient satisfaction is very important to the company. Compensation is good, the company pays for most Holidays .It is a good company to grow with .
used to be nice company to work for now they just don't seem to care about their employees, only to make money
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 8, 2015
Pros: staff, buildings
Cons: poor benefits, wage reductions, no ceu reimbursement, no std, 401k contribution minimal to none
poor company integrity. cutting jobs, benefits and pay over past couple of years without regard to how hard their dedicated team of therapists work
use to be great and now not so much
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great therapists, nice buildings
Cons: poor health insurance, no longer offer ceu reimbursement, no short term disability, poor job security, wage cuts are expected and current
Great staff/therapists however the company integrity has declined significantly over the past couple of years and the bottom line is making money for them while they work their therapists tiredly and continue to cut their jobs, pay and benefits consistently
short staffed and upper management is out of touch
Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 8, 2015
They have taken away most benefits making it very hard to get by. They have asked more from their employees but willing only to give less. hard place to work for because no one feels the company is loyalty to them yet the company is asking for loyalty from its employees almost to the point of putting the company before family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Photos