Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,355 reviews matching the search
Good benefits, poor communication
Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  LeClaire, IAJuly 26, 2016
Some days were busy, but made day go by fast. I learned how to use the EMR system, send requests for refills. Could improve on communication skills between management and offices. I loved working with people every day.
Pros
Free lunchs, helping people
Cons
poor communication
Excellent company with knowledgable managers and caring staff
PT (Current Employee) –  Upstate SCJuly 23, 2016
Excellent company, proactive with industry changes, great benefits overall. Genesis Foundation is a wonderful benefit, not found with most other companies.
Pros
Proactive with industry changes to maintain viable company.
Cons
Minimal holiday time off allowed.
Worst place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mcallen txJuly 22, 2016
Pay is very poor compared to other places. They work you 15+ residents to 1 cna with no help. But get angry if you don't get to a resident in time. Too much drama. CNAs lie about each other . management is poor. They are hardly there. I barely ever got lunch breaks due to lack of help and having over 15 residents to myself.
Pros
Always work to be done
Cons
Everything else
Productive,but high pressure,with diminishing benefits
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJuly 19, 2016
Genesis began as a really exciting place to work. It was a company looking to expand in the Health care community, which it did.

I have always found my co-workers to be friendly, knowledgable and easy to collaborate with on issues which arise during treatment. They have always been supportive and helpful.
Pros
The Company stays current with the rapidly changing Health Care environment.
Cons
High pressure on productivity; diminishing benefits.
management will not allow to manage your budget
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCJuly 18, 2016
health insurance its very expensive, and when I say expensive... trust me it is, deductible is extremely high! yeah u can get vacation time and time off, some of the building are very old and they don't like to spend money on it
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
benefits are terrible, you dont have much
Trying to find the right words.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 15, 2016
This was my lease favorite job. Management was awful. Very depressing to work for a company that does not emphasize team-work.
Family oriented business
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJuly 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working for Genesis HealthCare was working with the amazing office staff that make everything happen behind the scenes.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun
Center Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, GAJuly 13, 2016
I answered phone calls and assisted patients with routine procedures each work day. My job position allowed me to expand in my clerical and administrative skills sets. The management was friendly and so was the co-workers.
GHS, Loved it!!
Exec.. Assist to the VP of Strategic Planning (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IowaJuly 12, 2016
My work history is so blessed! Working at GHS was so fun, and being in the Dept. of Strategic Planning was a great experience. My supervisor, the VP, and the mid-level managers and I worked very closely together, a tightly woven group. We always had massive amounts of work to do and as support staff, I was the go-to for all sorts of issues. We had to assimilate graphs, charts, studies, demographics and logistics ad nauseum to produce a completed project. It was always a whirlwind of activity with little or no downtime, but we got the job done in a timely and orderly fashion. It was fun!

The most difficult part of the job was often interpreting the VP's directions; ah, those strategic thinkers! The most enjoyable part, the job itself!
Pros
The daily companionship of my co-workers, excellent benefits, reduced meals.
Cons
Tight deadlines, long hours.
Run!
Not saying (Former Employee) –  LA County, CAJuly 6, 2016
Genesis hires their unqualified friends to run the agencies. New person in charge is great at decorating. They claim to care about patients, but they really only care about $.
Pros
The managers care (but are kept in the dark).
Cons
The executive director & Genesis
Fun and exciting environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJJuly 6, 2016
Enjoyed caring for the geriatric population and participating in their daily events. I was pleased with keeping a smile on my patients faces.
Poor Management
GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Centreville, MDJuly 5, 2016
I worked here for quite some time,I have never seen a place ran so backwards management are all for themselves if they have to lie to cover something up they will,Talk to you like you are trash,pay rate is horrible,no insentives WORKS SHORT DAILY AND NO-ONE PITCHES IN TO HELP IF GNA'S help eachother they get jealouse so they knit pick to seperate you from helping each other they(Management/Nurses) will rather watch you struggle then help one another to get the job done..they rather you do computer work before taking good care of a resident..
Pros
you can be a no good aide and keep a job here
Cons
short breaks and they stalk you by the min while on break
great place to work
Physical Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  VAJuly 4, 2016
I like working at the facility and interacting with the patients and staff. We all work as a unit to give our patient the best care possible and make them feel at home.
Family environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJuly 1, 2016
Work day is fast pace and fun, co-workers are very helpful and shows care and compassion for all of the residents at the facility. The most enjoyable part is knowing that you completed your task for the day and have fulfilled the needs of the residents. While working at this facility I have learned to be patients and understanding with residents and their families and that a simple smile can change a persons day.
Bad experience, sorry to have to say...
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 30, 2016
Oppressive environment. Many good nurses have left during the past year. Hope things turn around soon. The residents and patients are great!
Pros
The residents and patients are great! Support received from coworkers, not administrator or DNS.
Cons
No time to take breaks and meet clients needs.
Overworked, understaffed daily, lawsuit waiting to happen
Charge nurse (Current Employee) –  QuakertownJune 30, 2016
The staffing ratios are crazy! It's unbalanced, one side has 4-6 nurses and 6 aides for 40-55 patients and the other 2 nurses and 4-5 aides for 60 to 70 patients!!! And that's a good nite!!! The side with 2 nurses, this is 3-11, is responsible for all of their own orders, admits etc, plus playing babysitter/ mediator to some of the CNAs. It's crazy unsafe! They are hiring brand new nurses, which is fine, but they aren't learning and picking up on anything, which is making matters scarier!! I'm sounding disgruntled, I'm really not. I used to love my job, now I'm just terrified. The pay has never been good, now I am afraid for my license whenever I walk in.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staffing ratios, no solutions, pay
Productive and fun
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 29, 2016
Staff is team oriented and welcoming. Schedule is flexible, notes are relatively manageable. Most importantly is the Rehab staff is helpful and hard working.
Company makes working in healthcare unrewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 29, 2016
If you are a healthcare professional who believes in honesty, respect for others, and doing what is right and ethical for your patients. Then Genesis is not the place for you. Especially Oakhurst in Ocala. Oh boy where do I start? I guess at the top with management. I have worked for my share of companies. And to say the least all of the management staff there at Oakhurst is very disorganized and careless and it shows. I had one fifteen minute interview with a unit manager and I was taken back to HR for new hire paperwork, my drug test and all the other new hire requirements. Now anyone who has ever been employed or that has had a loved one at this facility can tell you they are ALWAYS short. Yet it took them over a month to call me back with a date for orientation. Even after calling for weeks and asking to speak with someone from HR, a unit manager, and the DON. And their excuse was that the former HR manager had transferred(as if there is only one person in that WHOLE building who can take care of bringing in new employees). My point is, that the management staff is very lazy. There is clearly no teamwork because everyone feels if it is not their job they shouldn't have to do it or be concerned with it. The nurses are the same way. The CNAs try to tell them something about their patient. And they will get very rude and terse with you. I had one nurse that just flat out rolled her eyes and walk away from me while I was in the middle of telling her that our RESIDENT needed something that I clearly couldn't help with. I was so furious that I went on to tell the weekend supervisor  more... and he went on to say that she is a good nurse and he was "surprised". Then when they don't do anything about it. Or if something happens like someone falls or has to get sent out to the hospital. Or they call their family and explain how they havnt got helped and they come up to the facility furious. Everyone is upset with the CNA and they don't care because their not the ones that have to answer the light and be fussed at. And they know that. Nurses as well as management are good at avoiding issues until something happens. Like when state gets called(which they pretty much live at this facility) or AHCA has to investigate them. If you are a healthcare professional, and you want to keep your license, certification or what have you. I suggest staying far away from this place!  less
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Nurses, management, awful patients
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 28, 2016
Fun and good place to work. My first CNA job and it was great. I really enjoyed it. Benefits are great, managers are great and co workers are awesome.
Debatable
LPN (Current Employee) –  Salem, WVJune 28, 2016
You never know when you will have to stay over and it seems management would always manage to let you know a few hours before your shift ended. Patient wise you can learn a lot as you never know what the next admission is going to be like until they arrive. Management is all about that money and you can forget about them stepping out of their offices to lend a hand when your slammed. Co-workers are about the only other people in the building you can depend on. If your not willing to work and can work on your own this is not the place for you. A strong work ethic is required or i guarantee you won't last more than a month or two. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are providing good care to your patients along with seeing a smile on their face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9