Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employer Reviews

Lack of stong management skills
Unknown (Former Employee), Bluefield, VAOctober 19, 2014
As lower manangment I often looked to higher management for assistance with policy change etc. I never approached a manager there that knew he correct answer not knew what I was talking about.
wonderful caring people providing great service .
RN (Former Employee), Venice, FLOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great caring people
Cons: stress level and inability to care for ones self
best part of job "making a difference daily in someones life " learned much about myself spiritually,worst part of job was daily stress .
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: some of nursing staff caring, nice residents
Cons: lack of training and support. favoritism of troublemakers
High nurse turnover. A few nurses make life difficult for others and management is oblivious. Management likes to reprimand first and investigate later.Training limited. Written procedures/rules not provided but staff questioned when "procedure" not followed. Well what the heck are the procedures!? Lack of staff: 20-25 patients per nurse.Only enough – more... time to pass meds - forget holistic nursing! No procedure for ordering medications and supplies. Meds often not ordered - need to borrow from other units/residents.

A few good people make working here tolerable. – less
Not that great
CNA (Former Employee), Andover, MAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: 1/2 hour lunch only
Cons: 15 m
They have workers that they sleep at night time, and when i conpalid they got mad,they cover nurses and other cna witch it makes it bad because people who are actualy doing there job they end up geting fire , withc it was not reasonable.
Director Admission/Marketing (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAOctober 16, 2014
Good company to work with. Good benefits, ability to advance.
Productive and fun workplace
Director of Social Services (Current Employee), Rome, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: 30 minute lunch
Great place to grow and broaden your professional skills and very friendly atmosphere.
Challenging somewhat rewarding enviorment
Payroll Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Amesbury, MAOctober 13, 2014
Each and every day has its challenges
Assist receiptionist with phones.
Review of payroll for missing information, follow up and entering new or required information for payroll
Employee incident reports, if reqired reporting to workers compensation.
Facility petty cash

Resident petty cash. Reference calls
New hire letters
Appointments to administer – more... drug test and fill out prehire paperwork
Request background checks
Process hire in hiring system along and into hired status
Orientation
Post open positions
Ordering of office supplies
Employee benefits
Payroll
Payroll corrections
Meetings / Conference Calls

Have learned new jobs, process, new programs,

Hardest part of job, not being able to give employees, residents, and or family members un-interupted time in a quiet confidential secure area in regards to personal information.

Most enjoyable part of job: Helping employees, co-workers with satifaction.
Completion of tasks complete and on time.
Learning new tasks implementing without concern. – less
Free Parking
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee), Towson, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: location and parking
Cons: advancement
The corporate location is nice and clean. Friendly environment.
It was my externship
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
the people were nice the patients I loved working with. It was an great experience
UPS
CNA/GNA (Former Employee), Parkville, MDOctober 7, 2014
Very tuff Job but this particular job description can lead to a very rewarding career.
Gr8 depending which building your in
LPN (Former Employee), Baltimore, mdOctober 4, 2014
Pros: ot
Cons: pay
As an LPN I loved working for the company. The only issue in my last building was the trash the hired as a DON and she brought the trash and trouble makers with her from another company. The company itself tends to govern each building differently. In truth, the work load is NOT worse than the company I'm currently with. The pay is not to gr8 but I – more... love the culture. They really need to hold management accountable for the problems.they themselves create. You just have to choose ur building as they are not all the same. – less
Excellent place to work
COTA/L (Current Employee), Circleville, OHOctober 2, 2014
I work PRN for this company and it is my favorite place to work out of all the PRN jobs I have. Everyone is friendly, helpful and easy to work with.
A good place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: a good place to build your confidence in your work
Cons: understaffed, fast turnover workers
Gaining experience here is your biggest haul, learning a lot of new advances as the place constantly upgrades services with advances in the healthcare setting.

Easy to communicate with coworkers and management as the company gives a lot of premium on friendliness and care not just for their patients but also for and among employees.
It is always a pleasure to work for Genesis.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), 220 Sierra Dr North Miami Beach FL 33179September 29, 2014
It was a good experience to work of Genesis at Florida Club Care Center.I learn to manage my time, set up priorities. The most enjoyable part of the job is to save others life.
Challenging and rewarding
Medical Director, Emergency Medicine (Current Employee), Zanesville, OhioSeptember 29, 2014
Policy and Procedure development, market share and financial development, recruiting, staffing, scheduling, customer service initiatives, staff development, relationship development, process improvement.
Have worked hospital and home health and this has been the best so far.
Rn (Current Employee), WVSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: staff really work as a team
Cons: psych and drug abuser in facility which in my opinion do not belong in this setting
I have been with the company for about 2 months. So far I am very happy. The nurses all seem to work together and help each other out. Management jumps in and helps when they can. We have set schedules and no swing shift which is awesome. I work straight days and im new. Patient to nurse ratio is pretty high I take care of around 30 residents including – more... several iv's, pics, trachs, colostomys and feeding tubes. We also do the med passes, take off orders and treatments. You are busy but it goes fast and is over before you know it. So far so good. – less
Productive and entergetic work invironment.
CNA (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WASeptember 25, 2014
A typical day would be very fast-paced and goal-oriented. The hardest part would be the negative responses of some of the residents if a mistake is made.
great job
PCA, Med Tech, and Activities Instructor (Former Employee), Reading, PASeptember 24, 2014
Great place to gain knowledge on differnent types of people, such as elderly residents and patients with dementia.
Staff not appreciated
Staff RN (Current Employee), surgerySeptember 20, 2014
Culture is bad. Senior Leadership is not visible and the front line staff are under appreciated.
It is a corporation
Nurse (Current Employee), Newport, VTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: inexpensive meals, discounts on cell phone fees
Cons: insurance prices, work load
When I started 21 years ago was a great place to work. They have high standards which is a plus. They expect a lot from the employees and give little praise back. Corporate took away several little things that meant a lot and turned around and bought another company...didn't sit well with some of us. Benefits are good. Pay is ok...everyone whines about – more... the pay no matter where they work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Photos