Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employer Reviews

very productive fast pasted busy enviroment
cna (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJJuly 29, 2014
Pros: bought lunch
Cons: healthcare
begin at 7am an ending at 3pm we will have to get patients washed an dressed for the day feed them breakfast make there beds an clean there rooms with clean linen an thro out the day we make sure they have what they need an be available to them through out the day co workers did there job an stayed to them self until the job was done the hardest part? – more... there was not anything hard for me I loved it I learnd cna work. – less
Need Dedicated Workers
CNA (Former Employee), Englewood, NJJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: lack of staff, healthcare, short breaks, lack of respect
Working for Genesis on a typical is ok. I really didn't learn anything that I didn't know already. Management there needs working on. A lot of management take there position overboard. There's no teamwork really. Some of the co-workers will help when needed but not how teamwork should be. The hardest part of the job is when they give you a time to have – more... all patients up. Its impossible when you have patients that needs assistance with the Hoyer lift and you need to CNAS in the room. The most enjoyable time is seeing all the patients happy and enjoying there day. – less
Like a family
Nurse Practice Educator (Former Employee), Cartersville, GAJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at work was busy, busy. I am flexible, which is a good trait to have in long term care. I had wonderful co-workers and staff. The staff took great care of the residents under their care. Hardest part of my job was when I had to implement process improvement.
I learned a lot here!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 26, 2014
Pros: bonus for overtime!
Cons: short breaks or often none.
I was charge Nurse on a locked unit (station 7). I enjoyed my patients and staff. I interacted well with all my Colleagues. The hardest part of my job was when the unit had behavioral issues and I would spend extra time calming them and comforting them. I had some young people with Alzheimer's and it was sad. I enjoyed the time with my patients and – more... worked very hard for Genesis. – less
Decent
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee), WallingfordJuly 25, 2014
Pros: a
Cons: a
It was OK, it all depends on who you work with... As far as salary, it's pretty average for a CNA job. Just don't expect to get a raise, they can't give the administrator a massive bonus AND the employees a raise, so they pick the former.....
Good compnay
Food Service Director (Current Employee), 90+ bed facility in New EnglandJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good benifits
Cons: hiring processes takes forever
Good company. Great opportunity for advancement. Different facilities run very differently
Genesis Chester, PA
Slave (Current Employee), Chester, PaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can get away with murder if you kiss the right butt
Cons: pay, benefits, schedule
I can't believe how unorganized this place is. Also, if you are not from Chester, PA don't think that you will fair well in this God forsaken place. The patients are left for hours in there own feces and urine. The staff sleeps with each other in the basement of the facility, the location is in the worst possible place in all of Pennsylvania and possibly – more... the entire United States. There aren't any security guards and the staff to patient ratio is very low. People pass their responsibilities on to other staff members. Morale is very low.
I wouldn't send my enemy's dog there nor would I work there. – less
Hopefully not all Genesis are run the same way
CNA (Former Employee), VALLEY CENTER, SOUTH CHARLESTONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: the residents
Cons: communication, management, hr, lpns to the don
When state inspectors are there its a Great Place to work! With my experience , Management does not follow through with any personal compliants or keep confidentiality so you are not singled out! Alot of call offs that cause Mandations of a 16 hr shift.
Wonderful organization; patient care is top priority; teamwork; leadership inspires confidence in employees.
Medical Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Zanesville, OHJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free meals, flexible hours, supportive leadership and co-workers.
Cons: one hour commute each way to work.
Excellent leadership in my department. Relaxed and fun while remaining devoted and hard working to complete duties. Most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with co-workers, manager, physicians, and support staff.
not worth it
dietary aide (Current Employee), mt olive ncJuly 19, 2014
Cons: breaks cut in half. .no time to really take one
Like the residents but the work is not worth the pay.complete disorganization and managment shows favortism.
limited resources to work with
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), Conway, NHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: baylor shift
Cons: limited staff per shift
long term care facility with snf patient care. hardest part of day is limited nursing staff available.
Low pay
Licensed Practical Nurse-Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Oak Hill, WVJuly 15, 2014
Loved my manager and the residents. The pay was low but that is regional.
Receptionist and more!
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free meal when you pulled a double or when you worked a holiday.
Cons: wasn't too often able to take break or lunch/supper break away from desk.
I answered phones, directed visitors to the proper locations, typed new admissions, and entered data into computer. I also did filing, copying, and fax. Their were admission packets I made up, and assisted the accountant when needed. I also was responsible for bulk mailings, opening and distributing daily mail and distributing newspapers. Some of the – more... typing and computer work I did was monthly menus for Dietary and monthly calendars for Activities. Also, other work as needed and when assigned and supervising lobby so patient's that were not allowed to leave facility did not leave. I enjoyed talking to patients. – less
Management that struggles for cohesiveness.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 14, 2014
The work load is steady and keeps me busy. The struggle is that the management at this facility does not work as a cohesive unit.
A comfortable environment to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great preceptors/nurse educators, fair environment, comfortable to work with co-workers
Cons: equipment availability.
Company provided a fair and stable work environment. This company provided me with excellent training and orientation before I started working on my own.
focus on family and residents
GNA/CNA (Current Employee), German hill roadJuly 12, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: number of residents per employee and low pay
Genesis is a great place to work. I have been there for 10 years and I really like my job. When I come to work I greet my residents with a smile and offer my assistance to those who need it. I wash them up brush their teeth help them dress comb their hair to get ready for the day. Breakfast comes up and I open milk cartons cut up food if needed and – more... continue to feed if needed The staff is nice and my co-workers are always willing to help with pulling up and anything else I need to make the resident feel happy. Genesis not only focus on the resident they also focus on the staff by giving us training on how to deal with difficult residents. Sometimes we have to pick up extra residents due to call-outs and its a little hectic but we pull together and work together and the end of the day the smiles on the residents faces really make you feel good. I think genesis should pay more money because we really work hard then maybe they would not have people calling out as much due to being overworked. – less
My Review Of Genesis
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJuly 9, 2014
Genesis Healthcare is a great place to work. The staff are nice and friendly. Management as well are nice including the coworkers. I enjoy working with elderly people.
I Love being able to help and care for others.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, NCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: there are no pros, that i can think of.
Cons: alot of disorganization going on. no appreciation of how hard the cna's work. under payed.
You learn people everyday. You learn to work as a team not a individual, which some people try to make it difficult. But at the same time you can't let other peoples negativity cause you to have a bad day. The most enjoyable part is being able to see my Residents happy and smiling. The hardest part is seeing a Resident pass away.
CNA
Certified Nursing Assistant (Rehab) (Former Employee), Agawam, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros – Close to home, great co-workers. Great administrator. Love the job but underpaid for the responsibility and work load.great co workers. On the job trainging and paid in services.

Cons- frequently understaffed
Drama filled work place
Staff Nurse and Pool RN (Former Employee), Glen Mills, PAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: small facility, pay was ok
Cons: personal drama brought to work
This particular facility in Chester, was not my favorite. Lots of drama in the work place, because Chester is a small place and the people that live in Chester, work at this facility. They all seem to know each other. Things may have improved since I was there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Photos