Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare United States Employee Reviews

proffesonial fun workplace
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee), Parkville, MDApril 19, 2015
everyone is fun, I learned how to do a lot of things. my coworkers love me and they loved their job. the hardest part was dealing with attitudes. the most enjoyable part was being around fun, free spirited people. I really enjoyed my job the whole time I worked there. it was a great experience
What a Joke
Cook (Former Employee), Mifflin CenterApril 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: terrible communications, terrible pay, just everything
I worked at two different centers the first one I was able to advance rather quickly but nothing was taken seriously, people did whatever they wanted and didn't care about the residents and the director and chef manager were complete jokes in 2 years there were 3 different people they were just there for a pay check and refused to help any employees. The second center the director was completely rude and always tried to make everyone feel like they were not worth nothing. Crazy place to work definitely would not recommend anyone this company.
Genesis HealthCare has good job culture and a good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 15, 2015
Genesis HealthCare created a good atmosphere for their workers to work. The co-workers has good working ethics and are great team players. I enjoyed working with the company.
Genesis HealthCare maintains very high standards
Respiratory Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Kennett Square, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Meeting great people
Cons: limited resources in general
They are a great company who are driven to excel in providing transitional care and long term care .As employers they also strive to maintain the same high standards they expect from their employees, I would recommend them as a provider or as an employer.
As a respiratory Equip tech I visited every room ,once a week ,in a different location to ensure residents equipment was serviced and distributed disposables for their use This also included entering data for billing purposes, at this time I would communicate with staff regarding any needs they might have. The performance of monthly and annual maintenance and documentation ,to meet state requirements on respiratory equipment ,as well as SNF scales, RVSM, AED, blowers for air mattresses. The ordering, maintaining inventory of O2 cyl., concentrators, sx machines, bipaps, cpaps, nebulizers , disposable respiratory supplies.
I learned how precious every day is , and how powerful a smile is. The staff was exceptional and always giving their best.
Loosing someone ,even though we all know our time is limited, is the hard part . I have met the best people who always put all they can into "their people" and "their Home".
They are excellent management
Escort and Sitter (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 9, 2015
I am no more with Genesis for now, so I cannot say much about them
but they are good management. They are interactive , respect each other and they work as team.
HORRIBLE!
dietary (Former Employee), skowhegan maineApril 9, 2015
Pros: no hours, no communication
Cons: pay was alright compared to other dish washing jobs.
i should of known from the interviews.. they scheduled me more than once and didnt tell each other.. horrible management.. no hours.. they would go a month an forget to put me on , then expect me to fill in when ever they say. some times i didnt even get a paycheck.. i wasnt on the schedule for wks, then if i missed a day 14days later bc no one called it was my fault.. caddyness through out the kitchen.. horrible horrible. i do this same job at woodlawn.. still bad pay but i feel im valued ..but all of nursing homes tries to play up the dietary, but its just dish washing. one person even threatened me if i didnt take his shift the following day at work, hes still employed there..at night during weekends i did get 11.75/hr though.
Typical large corperation in LTC/SNF care
Nursing Manager and Charge Nurse on Skilled Unit (Former Employee), MaineApril 9, 2015
Pros: nice facility, some good staff
Cons: very poor management team, high turnover
Typical of the state of LTC/SNF facilities. Large patient to staff ratio, low pay, constant turnover, poor morale, no consistency.
Good people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 9, 2015
Company is growing but, not a lot of room for promotion. People are hard working and dedicated and they are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Satisfrying
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Advancement opportunities
Cons: no work/life balance
Bringing the unit together and creating a well run unit was very satisfying. The company on a whole was a good one and I enjoyed working for them. My problem was with my immediate supervisor who did not believe in a work/life balance even though the company itself states it's importance in almost every meeting or training session employees attend.
I've learned alot about Long Term care and Acute care
HIM Coordinator (Current Employee), Agawam, MAApril 8, 2015
•Prepare reports, provide information pertaining to EMR requests from PCPs, insurance cos. & law offices

•Purge and maintain discharged patient medical records, update logs and open chart diagnostic information

•Obtained Certificate of Completion in Dementia and OSHA Training and also act as a Patient Observer
nursing home
Director of Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIApril 8, 2015
this is a big for profit company that is in the process of purchasing many more properties in the united states . some people think they could treat there employees better and put some more effort in to homes they already run.
Fast paced environment
Scheduling and Payroll Manager (Current Employee), Phillipsburg, NJApril 6, 2015
There is never a dull moment working in a Skilled Nursing Facility. There is always new obstacles to overcome. Genesis provided great training opportunities and there is always a wide array of Jobs available.
Great for starting out
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 6, 2015
• Use of nursing assessment skills for continued monitoring of acute-care rehabilitation patients
• Implementing individualized care plans for acute-care rehabilitation patients
• Prioritization of patient care needs through medication and treatment administration
• Admission and discharge of patients to facilty
• Communicating with interdisciplinary care team
• Continuing development of clinical nursing skills
• Delegation of appropriate activities to licensed nursing assistants
exciting
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Westlake, OHApril 3, 2015
Pros: always looking to better the company
Cons: staff can not buy food from the kitchen
A very organized workplace and team oriented staff.
The company is always looking to better the workplace and how it can be suitable to other as well.
very exited to work this company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 2, 2015
I was hire this company when I was graduated Ultimate Health care as an LPN back 2008, and I have been with this company until the sold the facility March 1 2015.
Wonderful staff and motivated therapists
PRN COTA/L (Current Employee), South Daytona, FLApril 2, 2015
As a PRN COTA you travel from building to building to provide patient care. I can honestly say just about every facility with Genesis has demonstrated real emphasis on quality patient care.
Job Stability
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Pottsville, PaApril 2, 2015
Genesis is definitely a better place to work then most nursing homes. As long as you do your job you'll have job. So security is decent. Advancement, in the time I was there I only advanced one time. To truly advance you need to go to school, from there you could advance to a position as a nurse.
A nice comfortable place to serve our residents
Activity Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee), Broadview Heights, OH.April 1, 2015
The work scenery is typically fun, and diverse. I've learned a great majority of clerical duties and team camaraderie while working my position as an activity assistant. The management is fair. My co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of my job is gathering residents in 3 units in a 30 minute time span for a program. The most enjoyable part of my job is using my creativity to make fun enjoyable activity programs for the residents.
team work a plus
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: benefits, lunches and coworkers
Cons: short lunches at times pateint care taken away
Very stressful trying to get everything done expected of you in 8hrs. Patient care and medication administration and any other task needed to be done. To do the best you can each and everyday with knowledge and skills given to you in nursing school. Management very approachable and easy to talk to. Nurse and CNA work as a team to provide necessary care to patients. Leaving when shift was over and thinking what didn't I do for a patient today that I could have done. Smiles on patients and family members that you did a good. and Families and Patients telling you how much they appreciate what you do for them. Doing they little things that count to see patient and families smile.
Things could be better
STNA (Current Employee), Sylvania, OHMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules and friendly staff.
Cons: I work for a union.
When I started I really enjoyed my job and over time the management has changed and so has the work environment. I'm looking forward to new changes.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Salaries