Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,433 reviews matching the search
Execellance
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 19, 2017
I love working for Genesis Healthcare. I love my job at Genesis Healthcare. Providing a safe and maintained facility for residents who cannot take care of themselves is very rewarding.
Always changing, thus growing
Placement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Genesis was a great company to work for. Great boss and great co-workers! Would refer this company to anyone/everyone!
Pros
plentyof overtime
Cons
Very heavy workload. Many times you eat lunch at your desk
Great company
Director of Clinical Admissions & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Moving in the right direction... great software, and policies/procedures. Vision and Mission Statement are in line with corporate reform and evolution.
Job was great to begin with. Responsibilities quadrupled, pay never changed. Not good environment for parents.
Quality Assurance Manager Eastern Division (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 18, 2017
Employees are degraded for having children and putting family first. Raises are rare and work load constantly increases. You are forced to attend training and penalized for being unavailable.
2 1/2 years and no advancement or further education benefits
IS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Genesis is a place that is ok for people that are just starting out in IT. They do have unrealistic requirements for the call center. I got in because I knew and impressed someone. The call center "requires a bachelors degree... really? You need a degree to answer a phone and walk the customer through the troubleshooting steps?

This is not a typical IT environment. 99% of the tickets will be for users at the care facilities across America, so just about everything is packed and shipped out. This is almost a kinda like a IT warehouse/ pack and ship place.

Advancement? Don't get your hopes up. I expressed interest in several other positions that would get me out from under my current passive/aggressive manager. They will not provide in house training to bring their employees up through the ranks.
Pros
Good lunch places within walking distance
Cons
Stagnant work environment.
great team players
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJanuary 16, 2017
Great nursing staff!!! Always there if you need help or answer questions Very flexible and great team players. very happy I worked there and I would work there again
e cellent residents loved them
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  wv sissonsvilleJanuary 16, 2017
Overworked but rewarding job I did me passes and wound care. I noticed the rns don't get there hands as dirty as the LPNs did. It's a rough jobs at times having 30 reside to to 1 nurse and one may have 3 tube feeding go and 2 trachs with 2 admissions and the other nurse have none.
Pros
hours
Cons
mandation short staffed
Own little "city" in a hospital ;
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJanuary 14, 2017
It's like you're entering a whole new world when working there and if no one has given you a roadmap, you have minimal connections, & obviously are the "new guy" you are likely going to have troubles adjusting to the hectic, diverse environment.
Pros
Benefits, independent working mostly, shifts are great
Cons
Communication between staff, no sense of direction, management
Unsafe Place to work!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 13, 2017
Staffing is too low making this place unsafe to work for nurses, aides and residents. Overwork the good employees that actually work. Very high turnover. Pay is below average. Health insurance is poor especially for working with sick people everyday. Multiple resident complaints. Most other companies pay better and have better working conditions.
Pros
Cons
you will burnout from short staffing, low pay
good experience
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 13, 2017
it is a great places to gain some nursing experience. As a RN, you do pretty much a little of everything, including med pass, dressing changes, admissions, and discharges.
Pros
many iv starts, iv med administration
Cons
staffing is not good, could never call out sick (when i was really sick) because there a very few RNs.
Love working here. Great work environment!
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Cape May, NJJanuary 13, 2017
I learned a lot working subacute unit and dementia unit. Great learning experience over all. I love Nursing and helping people. Great team work with co-workers.
Pros
Great clean positive work environment!
Cons
No cons
Pay freeze and never enough hours.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 12, 2017
I was hired for 32 hours/wk 1.5 years ago and have averaged 22 hours/wk with no wage increases across the board. Productivity expectations are unrealistic and there is too much pressure on directors to be able to focus properly on patient care.
Nothing good to say
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  High Point NCJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my job, the company was tolerable at best, all about the money. While my job was great, I was loaned out to other buildings in need, mean while I was still expected to maintain my building even in the absence of my employees.
Cons
Management cared more about their bonuses
Standard rehab company
Physical therapist assistant (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 11, 2017
A run of the mill rehabilitation company. Operates in skilled nursing facilities near me. Good opportunity for growth clinically and professionally by offering diverse patient populations.
Pros
large well established company, many locations
Cons
low paying
Not good for full time work but PRN is great
Occupational Therapist Register/Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2017
I've been with Genesis for many years. I love the company for PRN, but fulltime is different. The company's work life balance or lack of make is a difficult place to work. Most employees are very unhappy.
Big company
Internal Case Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 9, 2017
I really am not able to give much of a review. This company took over our existing company and now we are being taken over by another company. Did not get a lot of time to work with many co-workers since such a short span.
Short Employment
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Only worked for them 2 months following their purchase of my facility. Left them to move closer to family after the birth of my second child. No complaints while I was there.
Nice facility
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTJanuary 6, 2017
Good location, quality co workers who care most about the residents. Employee relations, team work, all go hand in hand and we get along well with each other. Longevity and staff retention rate is high within the center.
Pros
Good place to learn new things
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJanuary 5, 2017
A good place to learn. Co-workers are nice and helpful.
Management is sometimes disorganized. A newer company still working out a lot of details.
My experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 5, 2017
At typical day at Genesis, can be challenging sometimes, but like most jobs, the staff members are professional and team players. Management can be a bit overbearing, but they only want what is best for the staff and the residents. Within the 4 years that I have been there, I have learned that it takes patients, compassion, communication, and understanding in order for the company to run smoothly. In my opinion, the hardest part of the job is loosing a resident, but the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a smile on a resident or a coworkers face.
Pros
care giving
Cons
staff challenged at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9