Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,818 reviews matching the search
Management doesn't seem to know what they are doing, and i feel they are discriminatory.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMAugust 18, 2017
Management can't seem to control all their employees and I feel they take aggressions out on the ones less aggressive . I feel they were very discriminatory towards myself and other Hispanic workers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
poor management
I don't know what to say
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCAugust 18, 2017
I worked at the Mount Olive location.. At the time I workes there the management teqm professionalism was very poor. They didn't seem to care about their employees at all.
Look Elsewhere
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAAugust 17, 2017
This company is only driven by profit. There is minimal support for staff. Training is almost non-existent. Professional collaboration is minimal. There are very few opportunities to work with other staff. It almost seems like it is forbidden. Very little opportunity for creativity. Opinions and suggestions are not valued. The workload is heavy and the pay is ridiculous.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Pay, no room for advancement, poor management
Kitchen work for assisted living
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 17, 2017
Staff was fun and friendly but management was terrible and mother daughter relationship chased alot of people out who liked working there. No compassion for employees
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Economic level care
Dining Services Director (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 17, 2017
Basic career, not a bit of quality in the employment. They burn through administrators like it's no one business.

This company need to rework their policies for more stricthourly employees. Our staff was able to call off all the time and we could do nothing about it.
Unethical at times
Clinical Specialist Midwest Region (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 16, 2017
Great work environment with the therapist and the different buildings! Working with the operations management was ridiculous when unethical things happened. What was asked of the therapists was hard to present, and I feel upper management forgets what it's like to be the " Indian" and not the chief.
Pros
Friendly environments and great therapists overall
Cons
Operations management wanting too much from the therapists!
Rehab dpt
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJAugust 16, 2017
Working with my rehab team is the best part of my job, if it wasn't for them I think I would fail as profesional and keep growing in daily basics.
The hardest part of my job is to deal with the lack of professionalism from nursing side (DON, head nurses, CNAs). Pt's compliants in daily basics, lack of communication and responsibilities from nursing area affects patients performance, recover and positive outcomes.
Pros
good boss
Cons
poor building administration
Awful experience
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 16, 2017
High Point location is horrible, however Asheboro is great. Always short staffed. I was brought into the office to be wrote up for a no call no show, but the DON failed to submit my doctors report. The two ladies that brought me in tried to find something to write me up on, in my face. The payroll lady got fired and before that my check was incorrect and I never was properly reimbursed. There were times when we had 2 aides, and a resident that took 3 hours to shower and we had to leave the floor to care for the resident. Causing us to neglect the rest of the floor. Management was more concerned with money than proper care. Which I don't understand how they could disconnect the two. Kitchen was horrible and most nurses don't help or stay long.
Pros
If you had a good team on your shift, you had help
Cons
Everything about the High Point NC location
Nice Facility
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAAugust 16, 2017
Fairly typical long-term care facility. I enjoyed working there as a student. Staff was courteous and helpful, as well as welcoming to students. Residents and families seemed content.
Genesis
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 15, 2017
it was rewarding experience gained knowledge i felt very proud to work there . I learned so much met very many great people Doctors , Nurses EMTS patients coworkers it was my life i miss it but due to bad health Ii am retired ow but I want to find work from home job to supplemate my income
Constantly understaffed
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 15, 2017
They constantly stay understaffed to save money. Will work you like a dog, move you around to different assignments willingly. Supervisors look down on nurse aides.
Pros
pay raises
Cons
Overworked due to understaffing
I still work here
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILAugust 15, 2017
I still work here, enjoy the patient's, the staff, co-workers, and scheduling is fairly flexible. Business does not offer raises, benefits are not good, and there is no real orientation when you get hired.
Abusive work environment
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  New MexicoAugust 15, 2017
Poor management that only cares about number of stars received not improving quality of care or employee morale. If you bring up concerns you will be targeted, ignored or told that the problem is you not the company.
Pros
Didn't impose formal dress code
Cons
No support for hostile situations within workplace, ignoring patients concerns
Poor team work
RN (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 15, 2017
Poor morale and not much team work. CNAs do not like to be delegated to or have their routine changed. Nurse to nurse reports are lacking appropriate communication and nurse to patient ratio is dangerous especially if scheduled on a unit where you may be unfamiliar with the patients.
Horrible experience
Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  WVAugust 15, 2017
I came to the facility as a contract nurse. Wasnt given a lick of orientation, just handed a set of keys and told "good luck". So it was up to me to learn things on my own. Doctors were horrible, and most times, wouldn't answer the phone so we were constantly charting to cover our butts and keep people alive with no assistance.
They had a policy that all contracted nurses had to call a Genesis nurse and get permission before calling the doc, to make sure it wasnt a bogus reason to call them. Most of the nurses would just try to give orders, or say "Let day shift worry about it".
I was jumped on constantly for not knowing how to do things, and told that if I was "goin tv to be charge nurse" I should know how to do stuff... never asked for or wanted to be charge.
After my contract ended, I was called and harassed by staff and told I would have to come in and work (for free because I wasn't contracted, just a scheduled eeror) or be added to their Do Not Rehire list. I told them to just add me! I've never been more scared for my license, and never so glad to be away from a facility!

Plus side is, the CNAs were fantastic and did their jobs well, when they weren't outside smoking a carton of cigarettes at a time to deal with the stress of constant mandation.
Pros
CNAs were great, no mandatory workover for agency nurses
Cons
Poorly managed facility, worried daily that I would lose my license
Great Place to work
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2017
Very Dedicated staff/ Management.. Good Place to work. . It is a fast pace work environment , continually moving..The employees work as a team which make it enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Good Management Team
Cons
Part- time positions
Great place to work, good people and good employees!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMAugust 14, 2017
I worked 6pm-6am, I served dinner to the residents, I feed the residents, I showered the residents and put them to bed, we had sixty residents that I had to care for. We had to make the beds and change the beddings and sheets and make sure the rooms where always cleaned and picked, we had to clean wheelchairs every other night. I had to fill the oxygen tanks and clean them as well!!!
Pros
I worked with people that were dependent able
Cons
When residents pass away is hard
great co-workers
Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 14, 2017
The staff working at Genesis are exceptional. It is nice to receive benefits. You have some options for health benefits. They have a Wellness program.
Pros
Caring co-workers
Cons
travel
Awful
LNA (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 14, 2017
Awful management, never helpful. Alway criticizing everything you do than telling you to do the same thing you were doing. Very unprofessional and untrustworthy. Low pay for the work you do with little staff.
Cons
Unprofessional, under staffed
Wouldn't go back!
Noneya (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 13, 2017
Upper management is on a power trip. Corporate is even worse. They say they are going to sell the building one day and take it back the following week. No one knows what they are talking about when you ask a question about HR or benefits. You feel like you need things in writing because people change their answers so often. I wouldn't bring my family to this facility and I would never work there again. For a nationwide company, they need to get their act together.
Pros
Decent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9