Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employer Reviews

good work place
PT (Current Employee), Los Angeles,CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short break
I work the 7am to 3 pm shift, which is the most busy shift, so my work day goes by pretty fast. At 7am I awake my residents, help bathe, groom, and dress them. When I'm finish I send them to breeakfast. For the residents who aren't able to eat in the cafeteria, I get their orders and deliver them a room tray. Through out the rest of the day I toilet residents, prepare their for their therapy, chart their ADL's, restoratice, etc on the kiosk. Around 11:30am lunch begins, and I get all of my residents in to the cafeteria for lunch. After lunch, I toilet them, answer call bells, do restorative with certain residents as needed, do vitals, and chart.
TRAINING PROMISED WAS NOT PROVIDED BECAUSE OF SO MANY VACANCIES IN THE COMPANY
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Riverdale, MDMarch 1, 2015
LACKS PROFESSIONAL STRUCTURE WHEN IT COME TO THIS INDIVIDUAL CENTER. TRAINING PROMISED WAS NOT PROVIDED BECAUSE OF SO MANY VANCANCIES IN THE COMPANY.
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Franklin, NHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: lunch available to purchase on site
Cons: not enough time with the residents
My co workers were helpful and fun to be around. I learned more about cleaning and different tips. The hardest part was not rushing myself and making sure i took my time so everything was like it needed to be. The most enjoyable part was making friends with the residents and hearing some of there stories.
good place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), NJFebruary 27, 2015
pleasant work envvironment. although the company could use more manangement it is still a good place to work. co-workers work very good together. over all we work as a team
Faced paced, with a accent to constantly Improve.
Accounts Payable Coordinator/Accounting IT Support (Current Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: management's open door policy for improvement.
Cons: healthcare benefits, retirment planand a stagnet pay scale.
Genesis is a good company, but I'm looking to relocate to a company with a staff that will recognize my skill's to move into a management position. Utilizing my personal, as well as my experience and education to gain a management position.
They don't know how to run a pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 26, 2015
When I started here, they didn't have a trainer for me, 2 other people quit and I was basically there to learn everything myself. Terrible work environment.
The staff really cares for the patients
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYFebruary 24, 2015
The director is very compassionate about the staff and the patients. I worked as an Intern and it helped me to understand the complex issues of the healthcare system
Very clean enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2015
I recomend the place for anyone looking to work with the elderly. Very professional staff. Work in the kitchen was very organized
Okay. loved the residents
Nursing Unit Manager (Former Employee), Tuscumbia, ALFebruary 23, 2015
Enjoyed the residents, the environment could have been a little more professional. However, it was a good experience.
Generally good place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Norcross, GAFebruary 23, 2015
Everyone gets along very well. The hardest part of my job is the monotony of the specific job. I learned about website portals and a little accounting. the most enjoyable part of my job is when I finally finish a project or task that has taken a while to complete.
This is a very poor company to work for.
Rehab Office Coordinator-ROC (Former Employee), Moorestown, NJFebruary 23, 2015
This company gives you a job description; however does not allow you to do any of your job. The Manager at the specific facility I worked in Micromanaged everything, would tell you to things her way and then in the next breath told you it was an incorrect way. You were never allowed to ask questions or learn though you were told you would be taught. There is no open door policy. HIPPA is violated quite often by the Manager by talking about patients in front of other patients and in the gym for anyone to hear. Manager would also have loud, agitated conversations with employees and patients where others could could hear.
Coworkers were very nice to work with The management was not Very rude to me at times The kitchen was very unorganized
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Newton NJFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: a good place to learn
Cons: low pay poor management!
If you want to work hard and not get paid well This is your place to work My coworkers were very nice My director was not She was very sociably ackward when trying to talk to you
Pleasant work environment with ample support, emphasis on quality care to residents.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Lancaster, NHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, health insurance, good working conditions
Cons: salary not competetive, limited advancement of nursing skills
I enjoy working with the long-term residents at Country Village. Quality of care is emphasized, the staff is very friendly, and management is responsive to needs and suggestions. Overall a pleasant place to work.
Busy Workplace, challenging
HR Benefits Designee/Payroll Support (Current Employee), Naugatuck, CTFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day, is anything but typical. But I love that aspect of my position. Everything changes and stays interesting. There are always unique situations! That is what I enjoy the most. We have the usual routine parts of our day.But, dealing with all types of people makes this position challenging.
Beware.
Nurse (Former Employee), Troy OhFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: floor staff has good teamwork
Cons: poor staffing, no competive wages with surrounding companies.
Poorly managed. Major staffing issues (130 residents -3 nurses/ 7STNA). No incentives. Insurance doubled this year. Poor staff morale. Little help from management. TCU not staffed appropriately. Little to no notice with admissions. On call staff not showing up leaving building in unsafe staffing state.
Please do not consider working for this corporation
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Dunbar, WVFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: pay rates are above average for this area.
Cons: there is zero compassion for the residents it is all about the almighty dollar.
I pour my heart and soul into my job each and every day; however, with this company your focus is to be on the money and not the patient. There are constant lies that are covered up to save face with families and surveyors. If it's a pressure ulcer, its a pressure ulcer. You can call it whatever you want but in the court of law the truth will be drawn out of you. The CNAs are worked like slaves. There is one CNA to every 12-15 residents on days, 15-20 on evenings, and 20-30 on nights. There is no time for adequate care and the floor of the shower rooms stay dry. I work night shift and our shift is totally disregarded. If it weren't for day shift the whole place would sink. Ha! This facility is currently a special focus facility; therefore, management has no time to hear staff's issues, care about staff's issues, or resolve staff's issues. The only concern is to clear the next survey. Well guess what, it is nearly impossible to clear your survey from behind a desk. If you want toothbrushes in baggies and labeled, grab a ziploc, grab a sharpie, get up and go do it. Help, you'll feel rewarded or get blessings from it. I know it's not your job, I know it can be delegated, but try it, try helping. You putting forth effort might be the only way you clear your survey and keep your job. Bottom line, there is a huge gap between management and floor staff. This particular building is very cliquey and drowning in nepotism. As for the previous reviews on this specific facility there have only been two and one of them is from a hypocritical "Christian" who will absolutely split he!! wide open so take them for what they are worth.
Great rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), National City, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Everyone gets along with each other. Develop rapport with patients we work with everyday. Open communication with one another, letting other therapists know if patients have appointments or medical changes happen.
If you like feeling more like a robot than a therapist, and if you like being treated like your replaceable then you will love this company.
PTA (Current Employee), Dover, NHFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: its a job, but then again so is mcdonalds!
Cons: high expectations, high turnover, micromanagement at its worst, high burn out rate, lack of equipment, no significant raises to keep up with cost of living, apathetic management
What you will quickly find out as a Genesis employee is that your only good for one thing. Getting your minutes in the most efficient way possible, which maximizes what Genesis makes off of you, upon reimbursement! You will not be payed what you are worth, and will receive little or no pay increase from your negotiated starting wage. Genesis prefers to hire new grads, who make much less than therapists with any kind of experience. The employee turnover rate is very high in most facilities because of high productivity expectations, over micromanagement, lack of equipment, high burnout rate, and a feeling that everyone is replaceable, and therefore unimportant. Upper management does not want to hear any negativity, and will often ignore, and even reprimand those who come to them with complaints. No matter how relevant or legitimate those complaints are. They are not concerned with the high turnover because there are always enough replacements waiting in the wings. Neither do they concern themselves with patient complaints either, unless there are legal ramifications involved. They are not interested with pleasing the patients at the expense of foregoing the Genesis model, which is to maximize reimbursement opportunities, cutting costs, and achieving the monopoly in the healthcare field. Of course, once you eliminate all your competition, employees will have nowhere else to go, thus solving the high turnover problem. Therapists are actually leaving the field because there are few other non-Genesis opportunities out there. Others are going per diem, so that they can be paid at a higher rate, and can pick and choose when, and where they work. This company will eat you up and spit you out, and not think twice about doing so. You will never feel so unhappy doing what you once loved, and You will never feel so unappreciated doing it!
Rewarding Work Environment
Property Manager (Current Employee), Towson, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Genesis Health Care is a long term care industry leader that exhibits care and compassion for the residents and patients they services.
Productive workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Typical day was coming in at 3pm to regular residents who enjoyed being taken care of. Co-workers were polite and helpful at times but was very big on gossip.

1 2 3 4 5

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Photos