Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,282 reviews matching the search
Co-workers are hard working and team players
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAAugust 25, 2016
I enjoy working in a facility that offers me the ability to rotate through the stages of a patients full rehabilitation.
Part time job
Unit Secretary/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 18, 2016
I work at this job on and off for about a year. I filled in for various positions and enjoyed learning all of the different fascists of the facility. I would have stayed if they had enough hours on a regular basis.
I enjoy it
Director of Rehab (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2016
I have grown as a therapist and as a manager. Sometimes you get stretched a bit thin, but overall it's a great opportunity to grow!
Pros
Advancement, resources, employee input, patient focus
Cons
Productivity
great facility
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 17, 2016
great place to gain experience in the long term care field and basic skills that are needed in the nursing field. excellent nurses and aides working on the floor. great care is provided to patients and their concerns are heard and managed well.
Do not take care about employees
PTA (Current Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 16, 2016
I loved working for this company when I first started. They have great educational programs and clinical support. But the push lately has been to micromanage employees and meet the bottom line. It is difficult to get vacation time and the benefits are expensive. Our manager is awesome but she works all of the time in order to compete all duties and treat patients. There is very little staff to help out when people call out sick. A lot of people are quitting.
Pros
Good clinical support and education
Cons
No focus on retaining employees or employee needs
Flexible and caring work environment
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 16, 2016
Hours were very flexible. Company really feels like a team with cooperation between facilities. Access to CEUs was nice.
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 14, 2016
This job was a create starting job when I started out as a surgical technician. However, now I have my Bachelors in Allied Healthcare Management and soon to have my Masters in Business Administration. I want to venture out and find a job that fits the education I have and am pursuing.
Great employees
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 12, 2016
I enjoy coming to work because of my co workers . We help each other and enjoy working with them. The practice is a busy and there is something new every day.
rest home with underpaid staff and poor leadership
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NCAugust 11, 2016
I arrive on shift more times than not to find a job that has not been done that i have to pick up the slack for on a daily basis. Managers and bosses do not pay attention to the detail and opinion of their employees or clients in the rest home.
Good company to work for and good communication with co-workers and management
Physical Therapist Assistant-Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 11, 2016
Typical work day is varied, due to working in several different settings. Patient notes are examined, and therapy is set to accomplish both short term and long term goals set by Physical Therapist.
Management and co-workers are very professional, and are easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is often just convincing a patient to attend therapy. Once they are educated about the benefits of therapy, they are usually agreeable to attending.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the progress that a patient makes from one day to the next.
Lpn
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
Taking care of mostly a geriatric population in a long term care facility on weekdays, and also playing the role of a charge nurse. Working in the acute skilled unit on weekends. Also assuming the role of wound nurse when the demand and exemplary, consistent, wound monitoring was needed. The teamwork and collaborations amongst employees is flawless. The diversity of the population gave sense of a belonging industry. The hardest part without doubt was the heavy assignments in relation to patient to staff ratio, but teamwork far outweighed the impact. Weekend commitment premium was a big plus.
Good
Cook (Former Employee) –  TNAugust 10, 2016
Insurance benefits and able to rise up in the company is great. Can advance properly and the staff is great! There's also the upside of getting to help children learn.
Very fulfilling place to work - the residents are wonderful
Director of Admissions and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 9, 2016
Each day is fast paced and always something new.
You learn so much about healthcare, insurance companies and staff/family dynamics.
Pros
Being able to make a resident feel beautiful; Seeing a resident make eye contact, and smile at me!
Cons
It's tough when we lose a resident - that's the down side to healthcare
Amazing facility with great staff
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Glenside, PAAugust 9, 2016
Everyone work very hard to keep patients and staff happy. I felt most comfortable going to any management head or staff with any problem knowing that I would be helped in a non judgmental and professional manner. Any teaching opportunity arises will be thought with zero judgement. Everyone is a team player. The hardest part of this job was leaving, knowing that I would not be working with these great group of people anymore and leaving my patients.
would be ok if not such short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 9, 2016
Not a bad location but very short staffed and under paid ..staff are not appreciated. some disorgazization on some units. The overall review of this enviroment are ok and managable just needs better and more structure.Most staff members are great and residents . they also have a good activities commity for all residents that qualify
Not very interested in their employees
Senior Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDAugust 8, 2016
Not a great place to work. Management is interested in profitability, since taking Genesis public. Poor regard for workers and clients. Cutting back severely on programs and maintenance.
Great energy
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLAugust 7, 2016
When I worked for Genesis I felt like I was a member of a team. The upper management was always available to assist in any way. The hours were flexible since I was a salary employee but that meant I could be there 6-12 hours a day.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Fun place to work in....
Dietary Aide/Cook (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 7, 2016
Fun loving place to work,10 years says enough ....looking to expand.. easy job to learn benefits are good.what I learned is how to deal with customers,hardest part of the job can be dishes it can take a toll on you if u do it on a consistent basis kinda get tired of doing it...
Pros
Free lunch, good enviroment
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay for labor
The office was a busy Pediatric Office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAAugust 6, 2016
My dad started early with checking in patients and making sure insurance and copays were collected. The phones would go on at 8:00am with transferring calls to the nurses as needed. As others came into work at 8:00am they would help with the phone calls and checking in, I would then focus on what job I was to do for the day.
Lunch was staggered so there was always someone at the front.
Pros
Free cups & lunch bags
Cons
No set time for breaks
ok
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 6, 2016
not to bad of a place to work i guess. once you start its not to easy to leave the place. most of the people are really nice. its a fun place to work

2.9