Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,637 reviews matching the search
Not enough team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PAMay 13, 2017
Typical day at work is people complaining about the job they are doing and getting not enough help from the people you are working with.
No longer get raises either
Pros
always had extra hours to pick up
Cons
not enough TEAM WORK
Challenging Job with consistent daily duties.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 13, 2017
This was a great company to work for, I learned a lot in the short time I was there. I wish I had known the job would be ending so soon and that a transition was going to take place. I still would have taken the position, but would have looked for work during the time there as well.
Pros
Flexible work enviornment
Cons
No training
calm , relaxing , feels like home
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Spring House, PAMay 12, 2017
feels like your at home and your taking care your kids. Everybody respectful and minds there business , but also help out when necessary. compromises when needed, and takes one for the team.
Pros
caring, generous
Cons
n/a
No productive team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, WVMay 12, 2017
Short staffed. some sections were the hardest need spread out. No help after people were done with there own patients. No team work. It was not organized what so ever. If u had a problem and went through the steps u never got the help you need.
Pros
There wasn't any pros I can think of genesis need a lot of work
Cons
short staffed
productive fun work place
Recreational Aide / Dietary Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 11, 2017
great co workers team work was great. horrible management and HR service. clients where great, loved coming to work everyday because of them. Management was rude didn't know how to talk to employees didn't show employees any respect.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
The best place ever
License Practical Nurse (Post Knee (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMay 11, 2017
This is a dream place for every nurse. Name it, they have it. treat workers with respect, lots of opportunity for advancement and lots of mentors. best place ever.
Loved working here
Full-time/PRN Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 11, 2017
I had the best rehab managers and working environment. Great support and staff during some trying times in my life. Excellent work ethic and great team members. I had the autonomy to arrange and manage my own schedule.
Training and Regional Support
Clinical Admissions Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2017
Clinical admissions director is a clinical sales position. This allowed me to still work in a healthcare setting but also excel in my sales experience, which is my passion. My regional team was very supportive and provided my the tools to succeed.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Internal components not in place
Great company
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 10, 2017
Friendly and caring company who offer new grads a chance to work and gain experience. Need to be able to multitask and work with high patient caseload.
Pros
Hire anyone
Cons
need to pay more
Great skilled nursing facility and rehabilatation center.
new LPN (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 9, 2017
I learned a lot about caring for a large number of Patients to one nurse. Very difficult and hard labor, yet very rewarding. My compassion grew for the elderly.
Pros
great nursing staff very knowledgeable
Cons
patient to nurse ratio, long hours.
Terrible just plain terrible
Former cna (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 9, 2017
Horrible place to work everyone is all about covering their own behind and quick to throw someone under the bus to make sure they don't get in trouble staff have no cares for residents overworked understaffed nurses don't offer to help highly illegal but they find a way to cover themselves or to put blame on an innocent person and favor other employees because they are part of a clique there is only a handful of good honest staff do not take a position here they have all new management for a reason they got out because it is a poor facility
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Terrible management
Hated it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 8, 2017
I would not recommend this job to anyone.
First of all they forced me away from the front desk position because i was a guy and they only wanted females working it because it will attract more men.
Secondly after being forced into sales, the pay is horrible and barely give you commissions off of over priced contracts. over worked safe and expected everyone to put in 10 plus hour days and a minimum of 6 days a week.
absolutely worst company to work for.
thirdly, after doing my part i eventually quit after my sales commission was being taken because they have no structure and anyone can say they contacted someone prior to you and they would get the sale regardless of who put in the effort and time and doing the contracts.
Management is not their strong suite and they hire guys with no appreciation of employees or customers.
Pros
free membership is the only pro
Cons
everything else
Wouldn't work there again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAMay 8, 2017
The work load is a lot. The ratio for CNA: residents is about 18. I wouldn't recommend working there. The residents aren't treated with respect and dignity
Nothing bad
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 8, 2017
They are nice people and people that you take care of can be a handful but it's is worth It and the parent some time help with stuff but the people that I helped didn't not
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Nothing bad
Totally different company now.
PCT (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 7, 2017
I worked for this company before they merged to one hospital, things were different then, but I know people who work there and they seem to really love it.
Work place filled with ignorant, ghetto, drama filled individuals (:
Part Time Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glenn Mills, PAMay 6, 2017
Typical work day is coming in, receiving some friendly hellos and then followed by the rest of the nurses giving dirty looks. I'm sure you dont care about my typical work day actually. The nurses are a disgrace to the human race that lack patience, compassion, are apathetic and do not have the ability to meet facility needs. 78% of them are ignorant imbeciles that shouldn't be in the medical field at all. They do not tend to their patients in a timely manner, they are not friendly what so ever and on top of that they are basically getting paid to sit on their a** for 8-12 hours and gossip at their stations. I truly feel bad for the 22% of staff members here that have to deal with these people and most likely have to do more on top of their own responsibilities. HR is also a freakin nightmare. I do have to give credit where its due, the administrator, his assistant/receptionist, director of nursing and director of admissions are amazing individuals themselves. If you would like to be in a place where as though you feel disrespected and get attitude all the time, then this is the place for you!
Pros
Working with patients
Great co-workers, fun friendly working environment
Rehab Tech/ Rehab Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 5, 2017
Genesis was a nice company to work for, my co-workers in the rehab department made it a very enjoyable learning and working experience for me, I attained a lot of knowledge working with the staff and patients in the rehab department, it was a great working and learning experience for me. Watching the therapist work with their patients, and rehabilitate them was very intriguing.
Pros
No weekends, free meals from dinning room, leave early on Fridays
Cons
Work load was too much for one person
Work place
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 4, 2017
Just started already to give my 2weeks management not great favoritism towards staff from management never flexible with staff overworked staff make staff work more than they suppose
Great team!!
Social Services Director (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 4, 2017
Working at Genesis was a great experience. The management team was great and worked well with each department. If you enjoy a fast pace environment
then this is for you.
Pros
Excellent team snd fast paced
Cons
Benefits could be better.
Love the people i work with. Love the patients i care for. The nursing profession can be stressfull but at the same time very rewarding.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 4, 2017
I love working for genesis heathcare. Its a goid place to work and has many advancements. They are such a huge corporation you have the option to transfer anywhere.
Pros
Flexibke schedules, compassionate staff, and overtime.
Cons
Stressfull at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9