Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Coolidge Corner Nursing Home
Supervisor/ Diet tech (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MANovember 14, 2017
Building got shut down shortly after I left. Horrible management. Kitchen was dirty, cooks would smoke outside and then cook w/out gloves. I wouldn't leave my cat there and my cat is a jerk.
Pros
The residents were nice.
Cons
management made working there miserable
We had a great management team
ADON (Former Employee) –  Broadview Hts, OHNovember 13, 2017
In gained a lot of experience in long term care and skilled nursing. It was my first management job and I certainly learned a lot as a manager. I still miss the residents to this day.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Force nurses to work as aides
Liscensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Walkersville, MDNovember 13, 2017
Management take advantage of employees. They couldn’t keep good employees so resorted to hiring agency nurses and forcing full time nurses to work the floor as aides daily. Management threatened employees on a daily basis. New management team is horrible. Hoping for residents sake corporate revamps glade valley genesis! Unsafe staffing ratios.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management, unsafe staffing ratios
Not a place to move ahead in your career
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PANovember 11, 2017
Very few resources were given but expectations were very high. Pay raises were only given to the chosen few although a 1% cola was usually the norm. Benefits were reduced especially healthcare benefits and 401k was not matched very often.
fun, hamble place to work
Health Information Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 11, 2017
i love to work at genesis. i just need to move the state
to AZ for family members need me there
i been in Genesis over 27 years i love people and clients they made feel like family, my job is very busy most all time but i love to learn more things like EMR documents PCC programs and scanning documentation i love to work with all departments
benefits
Cons
salary
An average work environment, each location has its Pros and Cons
Assistant Dining Service Director (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 10, 2017
A typically good place to work. Average hours are 8-10 per day.
Benefits are good decent health, dental, eye plan.
Paid vacations average about 10 days per year.
Pros
Fair work life balance
Cons
lack of advancement
Nearness to the lakes and secured environment
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 9, 2017
Every Staff and Members were outstanding. Workplace are well kept. We all work as one family and team work concept. Staff main duties includes Laundry, food and medication preparation.
Pros
Clients and Parents relationship looks enterprising
Cons
Workplace culture seems improved.
cool
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 9, 2017
I like the job that i have at Genesis Healthcare i just don't like the fact that don't offer me any hrs and the only hrs i get is when someone don't wanna work then those are the hrs i get when i interviewed there that was not told to me if so i would of never took the position at all.
Pros
very nice people
Cons
A lot of drama
Genesis Healthcare Partners Compassionate
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed working a Genesis Healthcare Partners, and learned a lot on Alscript software. I had a tremendous amount of experience working with the patient statement team, collecting co-payments and deductibles.
Pros
Understanding of Family
Cons
It was a far drive from Oceanside to La Jolla
Nice place to work at
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broadview The heightsNovember 8, 2017
I work there thru a temp agency and i been there for a month now. Is a nice place to work its team work and the work is light. There are hours to pick up.
Pros
Team work. Good attitude and light work
Cons
Innovative company under increased pressure from Medicare changes
N/A (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 8, 2017
Great colleagues, managers and employees. Continuous changes within healthcare reimbursement and client expectations require lots of operational focus. Excellent management leading the company and adjust to changes appropriately.
Things change
IT Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PANovember 7, 2017
I really enjoy the job at first but things changed with how they operate which made me look for a new job. You will learn a lot but they do not want you to advance.
Super Team
Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 7, 2017
Excellent team of knowledgeable nurses to work with at this company. Excellent support provided to centers and regional team. As a regional employee I traveled to centers in WV and was required to keep current KY license to provide support there as deemed necessary.
Pros
Benefits, resources, management
Cons
Travel, reimbursement
No job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  PANovember 7, 2017
I saw Genesis layoff good workers over the course of the past 10 years. There is no job security for employees at Genesis. There is no advancement at Genesis.
Fast paced
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PA 17961November 6, 2017
It can be a stressful job. Getting a large number of residents up and ready for breakfast. Make sure residents are ready for appointments. The call bells are going non stop. The day does go by fast.
Enjoyed the residents stories.
they dont care about there employee
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 6, 2017
I started working at genesis in 2010 you never know what to expect when you walk in the front always worked short, ,some of the nurses wouldn't help with the care of a resident if you ask the to help pull someone up in the bed they would say I don't get paid for that the nurses would come find you just to tell you a resident need a pillow and the list goes on
Ok place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 3, 2017
Ok place to work low staff low pay but it an ok work to work , if they would raise the pay I think people would stay,And not over work there staff.
Pros
Ok place
Cons
No staff
They should only admit patients for which they have enough staff to support
mid level Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2017
How does this happen is beyond me with the reports and data trends yet corporate management doesn't see these trends. Terribly understaffed facilities. Not fair to the patients, GNA's and Nurses. Those are the ones who seem to suffer as a result. They really should not allow admissions in if they don't have the staff. That is not safe for the patients.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
see comments
Genesis Rehab
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 3, 2017
It had a friendly environment and competitive salary. They offered employment in very suitable locations, and provided you with a variety of patients, as well as a flexible schedule.
Profit-driven, patients are means to an end
Nursing Administration (Former Employee) –  MaineNovember 3, 2017
The management staff is highly under qualified in many instances, corporate knows and does nothing. Staff turnover is high, morale is low. Some really great people working for this company who try to make up for everything else. Unfortunately, this causes a lot of burnout and the great staff members move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9