Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,281 reviews matching the search
Employee driven
Health Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PAJune 23, 2016
Genesis really caters to it's employees. Very good company to work for. They are always there to listen to concerns.
Residents are well taken care of.
A good longterm healthcare company
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJune 22, 2016
This company attracted people who were dedicated to healthcare and families who needed it for loved ones. Co-workers were superb. Hardest part of the job was meeting billing deadlines. Most enjoyable was working with dedicated individuals.
terrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 21, 2016
My time at this employer was miserable, we were worked very short and for very poor wages. Management was very unfair to staff and we rarely saw any kind of reward or recognition for our hard work. management at the time was very political.
Slow
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAJune 20, 2016
Typical day at work is spent behind a computer all day. Every one that works in the office treats each other like they are family. I learned a great amount if info about the health care industry. Hardest part of my job was staying motivated as we do the same exact thing every single day, behind a computer.
Don't bother
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAJune 15, 2016
This company showed very little compassion to their employees, Communication ? There is none. This company is unorganized , things disappear , people that have been working for the company for years get away with a lot of things, and they know nothing.
Don't bother trying to talk about the things that bothers you , from my experience It went from trying to fix a situation to it escalating to me ending up without a job. MY Advice GO TO CORPORATE.
Your personal , sick , vacation days are all combined in one, and it goes by the hour , NOT by the day , for example 24.00 hrs = 3 days vacation .
There was a new employee that had been working there for only 1 month , called out consistently and NEVER got fired ... There is A LOT of favoritism . Co-Workers , talk smack about every patient and even their own patients , supervisors take the title way too serious. N
Nobody wants to help anyone , yet everybody wants things done ASAP .
Pros
Nice receptionist
Cons
SUPERVISOR SUCKS, DISTRICT AREA MANAGER HORRIBLE, UNORGANIZED, FAVORITISM, ATTITUDES
Graduate Clinician
Graduate Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 13, 2016
This facility provided me with a wonderful learning experience. I was exposed to a variety of patients with various disorders and severity levels.
Stepford nurses
LPN (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJune 12, 2016
Management is horrible and constantly yells at the nurses who are busting their butts and whom actually do their job. Only certain nurses are held accountable for things, which is often the full time staff on day shift. CNA's get away with murder and you have no back up from management. Unit managers are never on the floor helping, they are always in meetings, then you get yelled at cause they don't know what is going on. Nurses are micro managed, their opinion don't count. Its a do as I say with no questions asked place, most likely boarderline illegal. Alot of bullying by management. Raises were frozen for charge nurses, not management or CNA's. They make up their own rules until they are challenged reguarding policies or state laws. Worst place I have ever worked. Big staff turnaround in every department.
Pros
Pay rate is good
Cons
Just bad all around
Inconsistent Staffing
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJune 11, 2016
Several staffing issues with technical and nursing staff. Inconsistent policy and procedures. Little support system through the staff.
Pros
All the shifts you want
Cons
Little to no breaks, short staff, Inconsistent management
productive
Laundry Aide (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 11, 2016
non-stop clothes folding.
flexible managers.
friendly co-workers.
hardest part of the job is going home.
the most enjoyable part is the residents themselves.
Typical day at work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 11, 2016
It wasn't to bad of a place to work if you need some experience this would be the best company to get it from they don't discriminate they will work you
Pros
New Management
Cons
The pay for the amount of work thats expected
Awful
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
I worked 37 days straight and many of them were double shifts. No day off no extra pay and I was told I Shouldn't complain about cooking because it was a small facility. They didn't get it, it wasn't about the cooking it was the number of days and hours I was putting in. The only time They did anything was when I said I should call the labor department. I had given three weeks notice they wanted four but once I said labor department they brought in some temp and told me I could make that my last day. I wont complain about my salary but the pay for dietary aides and cooks was very low and it is extremely costly to live in Austin.
Pros
Great underpaid coworkers
Cons
total disrespect for loyal employees who could have made a difference
Even with all it's faults one of the better places to work.
staff (Current Employee) –  Pennsburg, PAJune 9, 2016
Residents enjoyable to work with - staff helpful and cooperative. Facility clean and well kept. No major issues noted. Problems resolved ASAP.
Pros
Hours can be somewhat flexible.
Cons
Poor monetary compensation.
the overall facility is a nice place to work
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJune 9, 2016
I enjoy working. I love my residents, they make my job much more rewarding. The people I work with are helpful and enthusiastic. Anything you need help with any questions you need to be asked, there's always someone to help you.
relocate
RN-Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 9, 2016
I loved working in a facility specialized in Alzeimer's care. There is great staff, we worked very well together. I left here only because we moved out of state. Management could use some work, they have a new DON every year or two, it seems nobody stays long enough
ok place
Dietary Aide- Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 8, 2016
it alright is guess. good people and bad people, residents are lovely, free food is always good. overall like i said its ok
Pros
free food
Cons
micrmanagement every where
Summary of Genesis
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 8, 2016
My work experience from Genesis was excellent. I enjoyed my job. It was very demanding and never know what happened for the day. The physicians was excellent to work with daily
Questionable company
Daughter of a patient (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 8, 2016
They told my dad that they can provide Medicare b therapy five days a week and now were stuck with 20% of the bill.

i don't trust this organization so I reported them to Medicare.
Pros
Five days a week
Cons
Not skilled services.
Management stinks
LPN (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJune 7, 2016
I worked here for two years, the staff was OK but the upper management (not station managers) were terrible. I would not choose to work here again, at lest for the same facility.
Difficult
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 7, 2016
This company showed very little compassion to there employees. They excepted 100 percent but in turn did not provide that back
Run for the hills! Management sucks!
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 6, 2016
This company is unorganized. The program director and human resources know when things aren't right in the company due to workplace bullying and do nothing about it. They make everything the employee who is complaining fault. The first few months were great. But, when you don't get along with 1 person there, everybody seems to jump on the bandwagon. I did my work but coworkers made it stressful.

Clients were great. Just know if a coworkers wants to start something with a client and a client lashes out, you will be doing a restraint. No restraint I did was because of a client being triggered by voices but because of employees doing/saying something to them. They talk down to the clients. How are you supposed to help those with mental illness and you don't care. I love what I do and the people I help.

When people would come in and apply, I would shake my head no. Job security is great because of union. The pay sucks. And if they need you for overtime you will be working it. The department heads are very close and are like a gang. I can hold my own but I wanted to slap a few people. The day I gave my resignation was the best.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Coworkes and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9