Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Found 1,693 reviews matching the search
Productive and rewarding
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJMay 21, 2017
Typical work day is a fastpaste multi-tasking work day. I learn something new almost every day. Management is pretty good. Hardest part of my day is keeping up with the fast paste but I manage to complete my task. Most enjoyable part of my job is when I can encourage an employee or put a smile on a resident's face.
Challenging work place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 20, 2017
Everyday at work can be hard or fun, depend on the task. I love my work there because of the different behavior meet. I learn to be humble and patient.
Pros
Nice management.
Cons
No health benefit
Amazing Career and people
Director of Wellness and HCG (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 19, 2017
Everything about this company is absolutely amazing. I have never felt more comfortable, or motivated in any other career than working at Genesis Health: Hormone Replacement.
horrible
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDMay 19, 2017
the place is terrible people never come for shifts expects b/people to do back to back doubles its just awful nurses are lazy dietary is unprofessional all manager departments are uncaring
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2017
The kitchen manager will not hire males and the kitchen in the Lancaster facility is all women. This is sexiest. I do not recommend working here unless you're a female.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Only hires women in kitchen
Its an ok place!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 18, 2017
typical day at work is fast-paced, requires a lot of patient in caring for the elder; therefore it an be stressful at times. The hardest part of my job is lifting residence. The enjoyable to me is interacting with the residence. I learn to be patient with the residence in the coworkers.
Pros
short staffed, lack of supplies
Not a great place to work very stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macungie, PAMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work includes serving breakfast and lunch also toileting bathing and dressing. I learned the most important part of my job is loving my patients and meeting there needs. I am not very fond of manegement they do a very poor job.The workplace is very stressful it is not an enjoyable place to work you are pushed for time the nurses want you to do this and do that and therapy is on you to get this person or that person done then you have the higher ups who sit at the desk and think they are better then everyone and dont listen to you when you talk but hollar at you when they think you did something wrong whether you were wrong or not i had this happen 3 times i hate being embarressed in front of coworkers and do not feel this is how i should be approached and i want to be listened to!! The hardest part of my job is when one of my patients leaves or passes away. Just seeing the smiles on my patients faces and hearing them tell me how much they appreciate me and the job i do and that i am a hard worker!!
Working with chefs.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 18, 2017
Working here through my last few months of school and in the summer was very rewarding. I had the opportunity to work as many hours I wanted. The management could have a did a better job and the HR lady.
Pros
pay
It was an okay job.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ravenswood, WVMay 17, 2017
Job was okay. Just emotionally hard because you get attached to the residents, then they pass away. The people were very friendly and helpful. Just wansnt the job for me.
n/a
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2017
great staff, and great residents and family members. Hard working nurses and CNA. I love working weekends, close to home and I used to work here 22 years ago, as a dietician, and now I am back
Pros
great staff
Cons
management
my passion for caring is there
Wound Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Haven, INMay 17, 2017
Over the years been able to learn new things to improve patient care, learning computer skills, seeing the medical field changing with new laws,treatments and health care coverage.
Pros
residents, making a difference in their lives
Cons
benefits expensive, paper work
N/a
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  WyncMay 17, 2017
Responsible for cleaning the rooms I was assigned to. Collecting dirty laundry from patients rooms and taking them to the washing area. Emptying trash receptacles and ensure proper compaction of surgical waste according to the nursing home.
Do not work for Genesis
Physician Services (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 17, 2017
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Do not apply to work there. They have horrible benefits but will boast they have a 401K, although they stopped matching. They will never give more than a 0.5% cost of living raise regardless of your performance. Their management team is unprofessional and almost impossible to work for. They hire all their NP's straight out of school, because their pay is so low. They all leave after a year, no consistency of care. Genesis continues to buy nursing homes but will tell you that they cannot afford to give raises because they are cash flow poor.
Workplace culture
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work is extremely stressful and the work load is never ending. The most important part of the job is making a different of the lives of the residents and their families.
Pros
Employees are very friendly
Cons
extremely stressful
Loving workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Cape May, NJMay 16, 2017
Being able to take care of the elderly is a experience that u can and will never forget. They have so much love and respect for the patients. They treat the patients as if they are their grandparents.
Medical Director Assistant
Medical Director Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAMay 14, 2017
I worked under the medical director and assisted her in organizing and sorting numerous amounts of paperwork for clients. It was a caring environment to be in, and I enjoyed it very much.
Over all unsatisfactory
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAMay 13, 2017
A typical day at the facility consisted if getting yelled at by both family members of the residents and nurses . The work place environment was never really the most comfortable. The aids were very rude and weren't very helpful. Management did their best I suppose but never knew about anything that was going on in the facility . (Falls. Family members or residents harrasing aids . Things being stolen ect.) The ONLY enjoyable part about working for the company was that I got to meet a lot of different personalities. The residents were amazing and had a lot to say . It's hard to work in a facility without getting attached to At least one of the residents . Which comes down to the hardest part.. leaving a resident.
Pros
The residents were amazing
Cons
They were treated like they were just a bother
Not enough team work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orwigsburg, PAMay 13, 2017
Typical day at work is people complaining about the job they are doing and getting not enough help from the people you are working with.
No longer get raises either
Pros
always had extra hours to pick up
Cons
not enough TEAM WORK
Challenging Job with consistent daily duties.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 13, 2017
This was a great company to work for, I learned a lot in the short time I was there. I wish I had known the job would be ending so soon and that a transition was going to take place. I still would have taken the position, but would have looked for work during the time there as well.
Pros
Flexible work enviornment
Cons
No training
calm , relaxing , feels like home
Dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Spring House, PAMay 12, 2017
feels like your at home and your taking care your kids. Everybody respectful and minds there business , but also help out when necessary. compromises when needed, and takes one for the team.
Pros
caring, generous
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9