Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews

Horrible place beware!!!!
Cna (Former Employee), PuebloMarch 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
This place is so horrible the turn over rate is 93% they can't keep any employees,they are rude gang up on you and why you would think that I was a disgruntled past employee out for revenge but in all honestly this place is no place to work no teamwork no solving any problems they are rude beware!!!!
Productive and fun workplace
Part-Time Office Assistant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 21, 2015
I enjoyed the days working at Genesis. I help with filing and organization in the office. The staff there is very welcoming.
Dietary Aide/ Hospitality Aid (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 19, 2015
Very fast paced enviorment. There's a bunch of work to do that takes a lot of team effort to really get done. The hardest part is learning the diets and remembering to put temps in.
Good job for working with elderly patients with all stages of Alzheimers disease and subacute nursing.
LPN (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: experience in all stages of alzheimers as well as sub acute nursing.
Cons: benefits were not good. no incentives for nurses. management also leaves much to be desired.
I loved working with the elderly and not only being a nurse to take care of them, but to be part of their world and be able to relate nursing with compassion and also help understand patients needs and wants, to help the families of these loved ones understand the disease and help them with any issues they have. The hardest part for me is getting to know my patients as well as family member, we become like family and in the event of patients passing, its hard to say good bye. But in turn I also feel happy that I was part of lives for the time they are here on this earth. I have had many pleasurable moments with my patients to put a smile on their faces and to know I take my job very seriously and I could be there for them makes me very happy I do the job that I do!!
High energy eniviroment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), GaMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great co workers
Cons: Healthcare
Making routes in the am for deliverys ,dispatching deliverys to drivers for patients , speaking to nurses and family about time and place of delivery , I enhance my dispatching skills working for the company
Most difficult part of the job is getting attached to the familys and patients
Most enjoyable is getting to meet some wonderful people
job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Spring House, PAMarch 14, 2015
i worked here for three years and i like it i love the resdients that i work with and they love me and thats a good thing to know
Stable hours
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Randallstown, MDMarch 12, 2015
I love my job, and working with my coworkers allow me to be the best therapist I can be. I would love to have a stable 7 hours day although it fluctuates more often than none. It is difficult to get vacation days due to non coverage.
Productive face paced job
gna (Current Employee), Gambrills, MDMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great staff
It is a new building that is going to need a lot of love from their faculty. If you have the heart to work here it is a great place to be.
Productive and fun place to work with supportive staff
RN Unit Manager (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJMarch 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility, support from administration and co-workers
Cons: healthcare benefits
A typical day at work starts with morning meeting every morning. I then review any incident reports that have been generated. I review any admissions or readmissions that have come in. I check in with my staff frequently throughout the day to make sure we are getting everything done that needs to be done. I never hesitate whenever someone needs help - from toileting, to changing, to feeding, to calling the pharmacy or doctor or performing treatments for a nurse that may be running behind. The hardest part of my job is making time for myself to sit down and do my work. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing a home-like, caring environment for my residents. I enjoy the continuity of care that we provide and I do see a difference in the residents that receive that type of care. I have experience in handling behaviors secondary to cognitive loss, dementia, and psychiatric diagnoses. Every day is a challenge, and I try to learn something each day.
A great place to work
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lebanon, NHMarch 9, 2015
Genesis is a great place to work. Awesome caring nurses and managers and nursing assistants that have a passion for helping others and helping coworkers. Great place to work for.
Nice Place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: open door policy
patient satisfaction is very important to the company. Compensation is good, the company pays for most Holidays .It is a good company to grow with .
used to be nice company to work for now they just don't seem to care about their employees, only to make money
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 8, 2015
Pros: staff, buildings
Cons: poor benefits, wage reductions, no ceu reimbursement, no std, 401k contribution minimal to none
poor company integrity. cutting jobs, benefits and pay over past couple of years without regard to how hard their dedicated team of therapists work
use to be great and now not so much
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great therapists, nice buildings
Cons: poor health insurance, no longer offer ceu reimbursement, no short term disability, poor job security, wage cuts are expected and current
Great staff/therapists however the company integrity has declined significantly over the past couple of years and the bottom line is making money for them while they work their therapists tiredly and continue to cut their jobs, pay and benefits consistently
short staffed and upper management is out of touch
Unit Assistant (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMarch 8, 2015
They have taken away most benefits making it very hard to get by. They have asked more from their employees but willing only to give less. hard place to work for because no one feels the company is loyalty to them yet the company is asking for loyalty from its employees almost to the point of putting the company before family.
Fun Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great place to work
I really enjoyed my time at Genesis. The work was great never an over load of patients. Great environment and family oriented.
Fun, informative, diverse, caring
Physical Therapy Volunteer (Current Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 5, 2015
I really enjoy being a volunteer here, and I spend most of my time monitoring patients and shadowing PT's and OT's. There are a wide variety of cases that include: post-surgical patients , neurological disease, and stroke. Genesis is a great place to learn about in-patient physical therapy.
peaceful and cooperative work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Matawan, NJMarch 4, 2015
personalized and prioritized care to clients. collaborative care to clients. team work utilized. clients always are always with the care rendered.
Nice work environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Pottstown, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: budget cuts effects employees hours
We serve food to the residents then we wash dishes. Load carts, Unload carts, Mop, Sweep. I've learned that no matter how good a job may be, it'll always be somethings that make you do better in your career. As for management, its alright and co-workers, some are easier to get along with then others. The hardest part of the job is dealing with very difficult people and not really being able to do anything about the hours you receive. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say, is that I grew a bond with some of the residents.
Patient care
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Louisburg, NCMarch 4, 2015
We did hands on care with the patients in their home and ran errands for them we would do light duty house work and bath and with their meals.
good work place
PT (Current Employee), Los Angeles,CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: short break
I work the 7am to 3 pm shift, which is the most busy shift, so my work day goes by pretty fast. At 7am I awake my residents, help bathe, groom, and dress them. When I'm finish I send them to breeakfast. For the residents who aren't able to eat in the cafeteria, I get their orders and deliver them a room tray. Through out the rest of the day I toilet residents, prepare their for their therapy, chart their ADL's, restoratice, etc on the kiosk. Around 11:30am lunch begins, and I get all of my residents in to the cafeteria for lunch. After lunch, I toilet them, answer call bells, do restorative with certain residents as needed, do vitals, and chart.

About Genesis HealthCare

Genesis HealthCare creates care for people when care is what counts. The company operates more than 400 assisted living and skilled – Read more

Genesis HealthCare Salaries