Genesis HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,357 reviews matching the search
Compassionate and dependable
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
Compassionate and dependable CNA with hands-on experience in providing personal care to residents and clients suffering from differentdiseases. Outgoing team player who has a profound ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely manner while demonstrating adaptability and flexibility. Natural ability to make patients feel at ease during medical
Productive with good work environment
Clinical Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 4, 2016
Worked with great, upbeat and skilled therapists. DOR was very knowledgeable with excellent understanding of therapist needs in order to manage a productive facility. Wonderful facility with little turnover.
Great healthcare
Multi-Skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMay 4, 2016
Its a great place to work. Various jobs make this community run! If given the chance, I would go back! So many new friends met, and a lot of new things learned here!
Pros
advancement is very possible
Cons
sometimes not enough hands on the floors to care for patients, short handed sometimes
Registered Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wyncote, PAMay 4, 2016
Interesting management and facility care ethics. I learnes more at this facility than I had bargained for. I signed up to work in a rehab/long term care facility, but received psych Nursing experience.
Co Workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA 98204May 4, 2016
This place had some great co-workers and some not so great. Some co-workers do not know what the meaning of team work is.

Always under staffed, when under staffed, we had to do 2x the work with no extra compensation.

Patients were not always changed in a timely manner, or weren't changed at all.

The hardest part of the job is going home knowing that patients did not get the care that they should have.

Had a lot of good laughs with the residents.
Pros
Some good co-workers, scheduler always worked with your scheduling needs
Cons
Horrible management, No room for advancement unless you were in with management, Always short on things that we needed to take care of patients
Data Analyst, Genesis Health (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 4, 2016
I was working with team of 10 which I trained them how to use the Tableau software. and ability to identify ideas to bring it from conception to Completing.
Great company to work for
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 3, 2016
Very good at training new employees, excellent opportunities to be promoted or transferred from within. A typical work day consists of meeting with all the staff to go over our agendas for the day. This helps the entire facility to be on the same page. Some co-workers could work harder but have been here a long time so they have a feeling of entitlement regarding tenure.
Pros
Great opportunities within company
Cons
Older facilities need to be upgraded
Could be a great job and workplace; Needs an improved culture
CNA I (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 3, 2016
Really meant a lot to me, being my first job in healthcare. Saw good things on a daily basis, first 90 days was awesome. Saw things that weren't so good after that period passed. Saw another side of healthcare under review by the state. Without teamwork, no facility hospital or nursing home will be a good experience as an employee and coworker. It is essential. This is universally known, rarely achieved. Lots of reasons why, and it makes it tough to keep places staffed and enough to support staff that try to remain through tough periods. I learned a lot in my time there. It will only make me better at my job and hopefully as I transition into Nursing as an RN.
Pros
Decent benefits, plenty of overtime and open positions
Cons
Not staffed adequately; leads to all sorts of operational conflicts
Poor Quality Therapy
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 2, 2016
This company over uses COTAs and do not adhere to medicare guidelines. Poor guidance and basic knowledge of rehabilitation from supervisors because they hire assistance's for that position to save money but provide poor quality care.
Pros
Cons
This company over uses COTAs instead of OTRs to save money.
fun place
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 27, 2016
well I did love the workplace when I talk to people around the building but as for the management they was kind of off and didn't really know what was going on but at the same time was not working with the worker and threw things off as far as time of work and food ordering and helping out in the kitchen
Pros
people are good
Cons
management was not up to date
A typical work day
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 27, 2016
I should say that I don't work for the company full time. My position is staff relief. A typical work day is like any other work day for me. My job is to provide the best service possible to the person in front of me regardless of the insurance they carry. The company gives me the freedom to provide good service to patients. What I learn from being a staff relief PTA is that I need to be flexible and be willing to adapt. I get a long with all my co-workers, I love them all. The hardest part of my job is dealing with insurance. I know I have a limited number of visits/time with my patients and its hard to leave unfinished work behind. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to see the "fruits of my labor" when my patients improve.
Pros
Consistant work
Cons
Working lunches, Documention on the IPOD, The Productivity talk
Fun place to work
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 25, 2016
The company has good benefits including dental and vision coverage. The staff and co-workers are great and a great place to work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
n/a
Great boss and staff but horrible company in general
Rehab office coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irwin, PAApril 24, 2016
I couldn't have asked for a better group of therapist to work with! The company itself will rob you blind! Cutting hours to where you can't even pay your bills and if you go over your standard 30 hours your boss gets reamed out even though business picked up and things needed to be done!

Find a different field! Healthcare in general is a thankless and unrewarding job now days! You pay soooo much and don't get the care you need!
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Horrible company
Do not ever truly feel your job is stable. Unkept promises.
LPTA (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJApril 21, 2016
Below average to average...surprisingly for such a large corporation. Do not see advancement opportunities, nor feel job stability.
Under staffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 20, 2016
Working with patients and meeting their needs is priority. There were many times where the needs could not be met due to under staffing. The most enjoyable part of the job was enhancing quality of life for every patient. Over all it was a learning experience.
great place with great people
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 19, 2016
its a cool place to work because of the staff we have nice people there. I love working there the days are easy going, the hardest part of the job is cleaning up the kitchen. the most enjoyable part of the job is see the smile on people face when you help them
Pros
free food for me
Cons
the smell sometimes
Time goes by fast when your busy or having fun.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDApril 18, 2016
Genesis is a busy place to work. A typical evening consists of having at least one new admission in which a complete head-to toe assessment is done and documented in the computer. Each person admitted is tested for TB or x-rayed if hx +PPD and a flue and pneumonia vaccines if consent obtained or applicable. The on-call MD is informed of lab results, at which time new order are sometimes received and implemented. Medications are administered in a timely fashion. Wound care or treatments is also provided. most co-workers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was locating a CMA when needed or leaving work on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing improvements in the health of resiidents. To see the lame walk, the wounds healed, or to see that a resident no longer request narcotics because the pain is gone.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2016
Great training program, coworkers and opportunities for advancement. The only thing I didn't like was the high productivity standards. I would recommend this employer though. They are pretty good with introducing new technology.
Horrible Atmosphere
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJApril 14, 2016
If you thought a morgue was dreary, this was worse.
A typical day at work was very fast paced, high demanding, and hard-working. All things I don't mind, except at this work place.
I didn't learn much of any brain skills. As a dietary aide, you're really working strictly your body than your brain.
Management was okay. They were very "fake" and eager to push you to the bottom when chance came a long.
Co-workers in my area were the best part about this job, they understood the hard job pace and lifestyle, and knew it was hard to get a hang of. Co-workers outside of the kitchen, were very mean and angry, towards you and patients. They were not kind to the patients. It was awful.
The hardest part of the job was just being there. The atmosphere was dark, dreary, and miserable. You had nurses leaving patients in the middle of the hallway telling them "I'm sick of pushing your miserable a** around, push your d**** self.". Who says that to a poor old woman in a wheel chair?
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients. I would love to make them smile, goodness knows they didn't any of the other time.
Pros
Making People's Day
Cons
Horrible Co-Workers, Hard-Working, Fast-Paced, Not Even Pay For Work, Dreary Atmosphere
Not ideal
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 14, 2016
Not an ideal place to work. The pay sucks and it is hard to get ahead with the company. The management is all about the money and less about the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9