Genesis Logistics Employee Reviews

Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 14, 2017
Good Pay For The hours worked just short breaks and workers are in competition and sometimes think they can boss you around when they are not supervisors
good culture fast paced work enviroment
Md (Former Employee) –  va, mdJune 2, 2017
good working culture with very good management. the work was fast paced inside the warehouse and during deliveries we have to be very professional and productive.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
nights
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OH 43082May 14, 2017
i just hated the hours start time around 6pm but could be a lot later depending on the truck coming with the product or if the truck broke down you could be out all night
Strong work environment
Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
The work is not complicated, by showing up and completing your work one will establish employment security. Different shifts available and flexible hours.
Workplace Summary
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 25, 2017
It's a fast pace workplace, it consist of a lot of detailed information. Fast moving order putting/picking. What I've learned from this place is a lot of detailed information about HACCP and foods safety regarding 7-11 stores.
Picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAApril 15, 2017
It was cold in the freezer the people in there were kinda standoffish not the best environment I've worked in but I needed the money .Wouldn't suggest it for anyone.
unprofessional
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 30, 2017
Sort of unproffesional not th most job friendly or. Caring fpr their employees they are the reason im seeking different Employment from the top to the bottom there is a power trip going on
temp job always
Managed a crew (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 28, 2017
be prepared to work in cold area up to 10 hours, heavy lifting and you will standing on your foot all day. you will never be hired on this company unless you drive truvks
Its a great place to work
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 10, 2017
It's a OK place to work if you want to work for your self the management team is there to help them self get richer they really don't care about their employees
Steady work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 9, 2017
Decent job for a person with no family. Unsteady workforce, high turnover rate. Management needs to be improved. I think the job should pay a whole lot more for all the hard work and all the headaches you have to deal with.
Stay away!
Nighttime Driver (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJMarch 6, 2017
Aweful organization by management. Whether you work 8 hrs or 14 hrs pay is still the same. Trucks are garbage. Union shop but it's a joke! They didn't even have enough hand trucks I needed to bring my own! What kind of delivery company doesn't have hand trucks for their drivers. JUST STAY AWAY!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too much to list!
Keeps you busy and you can definitely make it a career
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 5, 2017
Pretty cool place to work, overnight was cool because it went by so fast. It's fairly easy if you know what you are doing and they do train you until they feel comfortable with you to be on your own. I memorized my route in a day or two, got to be at least kind of fit and this is not a job for the lazy folks.
Pros
Great money, overnight work
Cons
Sometimes confusion and laziness
Pay is wrong
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 16, 2017
They play with your pay and forget to pay at times the hours you work and no overtime at55 hrs a week it is not good for what you doing to many manager that don't have a clue
Pros
No boss
Cons
Hours pay
Top Rated Logistics Company
Lead Forklift Operator/ Receiving/ Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 2, 2017
Working for this company was a privilege, but like most warehouse jobs the company is only looking to get their daily quotas done. Worked for the New Santa Fe springs facility when it first opened and was one of the first 3 Forklift operators for their Freezer room. We off loaded trucks and received new product via RF Scanner. Restocked all depleted product and replenished all of the picking locations with our Raymond stand up forklifts. Great paying job, but they lacked good employees so they would lean on all the efficient employees. Forklift Operators would be over worked. The best part about this job was working alone on your forklift. They employed Staff agency workers that were incompetent and delayed work so that they could get full time hours instead of trying to save the company money. This would result in unnecessary overtime and good employees having to pick up the slack.
Pros
Free Coffee, Clean warehouse, Clean lunch room, clean bathrooms.
Cons
Employees
Basic job in logistics
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 23, 2016
Started out as a startup company. Grew but in growth forgot about who/how they got there. Profit became the only goal. Need to remember the people.
Good job...hard work, pays good overnight
Class B CDL Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 9, 2016
If you trying to get good money,come to genesis.
it is overnight so that sucks.
i worked 6 nights a week grossing 1200-1300 a week continuously.
hard work, but once you get the hang of it, its easy for real.
management cool, not a bad job
Pros
money
Cons
overnight
Understaffed, Underpaid, Unappreciated
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 30, 2016
I've worked there 3 years and it only gets worse never better. They added frozen items (up to 2 pallets) to the routes which increased delivery times and created further employee turnover. I was finally able to bid for Fri/Sat off but was forced to choose only one of those days since we are mandated to work 6 days every week (up to 70 hours). Dispatch has the ability to send drivers help but often chooses not to do so. Employees have been suspended (pending investigation) without pay for no reason. Management is beyond incompetent and the warehouse is usually behind schedule. The store clerks are often rude and slow to scan items. Genesis Logistics is the most dysfunctional company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Nearly $200 per night (or $10 per stop)
Cons
No time for breaks or lunches, 10-12 hour overnight shifts, expected to come in an hour (or two) before scheduled start time to complete routes by 5am, Teamsters Local 396 union is worthless.
Genesis Wrenthem
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wrenthem MaOctober 28, 2016
They want you to work all holidays so if you have plans for forget it and I am talking all the major ones Thanksgiving Christmas new years so instead of being with your family you are going to be behind the wheel of a truck delivering donuts and all types of pastry along with sandwiches and frozen items to seven eleven to a clerk who is not happy because they have to work..

That thousand dollars a week not true the advridge pay check is 800. per week and that's for 70 hours per week not good.

Comment – March 25, 2017

I wish I saw this before I wasted my time with them. I did work the 70 plus hours and on my day off among all the holidays. They cant get anyone to work for them and the people that are there are over worked because now you are forced to work one of your days off. I have been there three months I have never seen a pay check for a thousand a week even with over time you dot make that. Be careful .

N/a
Selector/picker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 10, 2016
I got to work in a freezer. The team was really good workers, personal friends, and we helped each other on a bad day. We showed each other also what to select to pull good numbers on a daily basis.
Pros
The Freezer.
Cons
Sometimes the team didn't do team work so we got off late rather than on time.
Fresh food delivery service
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2016
Operating 7days a week and 365 a year. Night time deliveries. As the company gets more product and growing it doesn't keep the work force up to equal the demands.
Pros
Job security
Cons
All night time work