Genesis Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Very stressful, short and steady
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Laburnum Avenue in Richmond VirginiaAugust 9, 2016
At the beginning it was very strenuous to get used to. If you want a temporary source of income, this job is for you. The personalities of truck drivers is not usually very integrative to learn stuff about the world around you, from as far as listening goes.
Pros
Fun, cool conversations that were sometimes uplifting.
Cons
Only nearly enough pay, few people that were smart.
ok
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJAugust 4, 2016
this was an ok place to work.
If you are into micro management.
One of my boss were great.
Won't go back
All the rest were just rude.
Productive workplace with great opportunity for advancement
Overnight Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 17, 2016
This was a great position with chance of cross training to learn more about the company and be more involved. Everyday was steady work with great management.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
Temporary position
deliver fresh and frozen food to seven eleven's
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAMay 14, 2016
I start work at 2:30 every day, and I work on average of 13 hours per shift. We unload the food off of track terms trailers daily and then we count our own product. Then we load our trucks and start our routes.
Pros
good money and benefits
Cons
weekend and holidays are mandatory
Production
Picker (Former Employee) –  Varina, VAMay 7, 2016
A day at Genesis was crazy. No one knew what to pick first, and no one wanted to work together on anything. We had managers come up from Lakeland Fl. They only care about the place when there boss came or when customers came through. Working for this company was one of the worst experiences I have ever encountered.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Poor management. They only care about the drivers.
Great company. great culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 16, 2016
Genesis is a solidly managed company doing a process for their client that few can accomplish.
they Culture is first Safety, and Employee satisfaction
they value engagement and innovation
Pros
Bonus, pay, benefits
Cons
work life balance with a 24/7/365 operation
Genesis Logistics
General Manager I (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 29, 2016
Excellent Company, Division of DHL Supply Chain, (Formerly Exel Logistics)
The Fresh Delivery Network of 7-Eleven
delivery in WA and OR operations
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
7 Days per week 365 days per year operations have to work all holidays
great ppl to work with
Order picker, Clamp Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJFebruary 11, 2016
a lot of walking for the 8 to 12 hours you'll work in a day. there are no mon-Friday shifts. for the amount of product moving through the warehouse there isn't enough works to handle the load some days. extremely hard to obtain a schedule change if you were consider attending school while working there
Pros
amazing ppl working there
Cons
you never know when your shift will end from day to day
good
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2016
load/unload material with hoists or forklift
Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
Expert Map reading
Heavy hauling Cargo handling
Great attitude
Clean DMV record
Efficient and cost-conscious Defensive driving
bad management
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 10, 2016
they don't think thing completely threw no team work at all the work its even hard the management just makes it more than it has to be
Pros
its a job
Cons
so much
You will spin your wheels here. No interest in fixing day to day problems
Driver/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 30, 2015
This is a hard job no doubt. Very physical and the hours are night time. But, it is made so much harder by a management team that will not or can not fix very simple problems. They pay a lot of lip service to the desire to get things right, but do very little to actually accomplish this. You are held to a 5:00am deadline to have your orders delivered but get your product up to several hours late every night. Thus starting your night two hours behind. When you do load your truck you will find that your orders have been mixed up and are incorrect. This is due to the fact that they use temps in the warehouse and have a completely new crew every week. No one ever stays long enough there to be trained in any meaningful way. This is their business model and there is zero interest in hiring people with a stake in the company. As a driver, you will pay the price for that as you try to deliver the correct product to the correct store in the time allotted. its almost impossible and it ends up breeding an atmosphere of mediocrity and outright uncaring about the quality of your work. You will give up here. if you last long enough to get to that point. You will also go for long stretches of time without a direct supervisor on location, because those guys give up and often times quit with very little notice. It takes them months to find someone willing to take on that job for the relatively low pay you will get. They make less than the guys they supervise.

on the somewhat positive side, some of the guys are quite nice, and willing to help you out. they give positive help to
  more... new people, but they are few and far between and they are also pretty bitter about the company as a whole. They stay because for a Class C driver they make pretty good money and it seems to work with their lives. If you can handle a bunch of chaos and a nightly negative vibe, then this is the place for you.  less
Pros
pay as a driver is pretty good for class C, or B, benefits are ok
Cons
Negative atmoshpere, management unable to fix basic issues
good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake VASeptember 17, 2015
I loaded trucks, checked inventory for accuracy. Drove twenty-six foot truck for twenty deliveries per night. Liked it generally.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fullerton CaSeptember 15, 2015
Fun and enjoyable place to work. Great people and environment. Learned how to handle heavy data entry and also customer service . Taking customer calls and complaints.
Fun Work Place
Admin Assistance (contract) (Former Employee) –  Varina, VASeptember 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. My work was respected and noticed. Employees, vendors, and members of management were all very friendly and helpful.
awesome
Driver II/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohioAugust 16, 2015
awesome place to work. the pay was really good and the management was top notch. the day was usually smooth. sometimes the customers would be upset about wrong orders but that was something that I had to deal with.
Pros
great hours
Very hard work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 9, 2015
This job delivered products to 7-11's throughout the Hampton Roads area. It was a very physical demanding job and for how much it paid the physical part would end up taking a toll on your body and making only around 500 a week bring home wouldn't compensate for that.
Very busy and fun place to work with routine work, minimal growth potential
Administrative Assistant/Warehouse/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 6, 2015
Employed through a temp agency but not to accrue sick or vacation time. Good pay and paid weekly. At the time of my employment there were no benefits and the work hours were not routine and based on volume. Management didn't always exercise or demonstrate ethical/moral approaches to employees and sometimes lacked professionalism. Employees work together and maintained good teamwork which was necessary to complete the workday.
Pros
Gained administrative skills
Cons
slow growth potential, very selective
Productive Workplace
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDJuly 17, 2015
Arrive around 11 a.m. would then grab our equipment that we needed for the day and begin to setup our work areas. After receiving our duties would then start our day picking orders for 7 eleven stores in the area. After everything was complete would then load our assigned truck with the orders we picked. Learned the true meaning of TEAM together everyone achieves more. Most of the coworkers were friendly, and helpful. Was very challenging having the orders picked in a matter of time running up and down the isles all day and having the trucks loaded before 7 p.m. Looking forward to getting off everyday by far was the most enjoyable part of the job.
conditions and motivation were horrible
warehouse lead order selector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 30, 2015
everything about this about this job was horrible all workers were unhappy.poor working conditions only recieved one lunch in 8 to 12 hr day.no other breaks worked us like dogs and treated us horrible
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Great place to work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 30, 2015
Day consisted of picking orders while following instruction through a headset. I enjoyed my time working at Genesis, but I needed a job that would provide a better opportunity for advancement.

2.8