Genesis Logistics

Genesis Logistics Employer Reviews

Order Puller (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
A typical work place at Genesis consists of pulling orders. I learned to code date product. Code dating product consists of adding prices and expiration dates before shipping them to the stores. I didn't think management was being fair sometime. I thought that it was very difficult for a female to push a cart full of milk gallons, I thought that was more for a man. The manager decided to let men pick snack cakes, chips and stack doughnut instead of pushing those heavy milk carts.
Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction....
Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2014
Pros: parent company exel offers good benefits at low cost
Cons: you likely won't be able to tolerate the 90 days required to get those benefits
Disorganized from top to bottom. Thug culture on the docks. Product never ready to load and you start two hours late but are still expected to pull off your deliveries by the 5:00 deadline. Pay is component, but if you figure it by the hour you're making about 10.00 to 12.00 bucks. Red tag a truck because it quits or has an air leak and you'll come in to find it assigned to you that same night. Manager in charge of trucks doesn't know a lug nut from a lift gate. Anything you sit down for more than a second will be stolen..If you can't keep it within your line of vision it will be gone...your watch, your hand truck, your cargo straps, your phone...Just a nightmare from start to finish.
Good entry position
Secretary (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 19, 2014
Needed structure and organization. Did not put clients first and did not do what was right for those who trusted in thee company. Co workers did not take their job seriously and continuously offended each others and clients. Staff was very unprofessional with no direction.
Perfect work foce
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee), Union City, CAAugust 10, 2014
The work force it impenetrable i would love to work here but things werent where they were supposed to be.
worker's
warehouse clerk (Former Employee), bordentown njJuly 28, 2014
Pros: they give you lunches for holiday's and good work perfromance, they try and get there emplyess to follow but it dosen't work, good benefit's etc.
Cons: they need to add a second 15 min break during the day, probally whysome people just take one. some people
the job itself is fine it's the people they hire, nobody check's on
it's employees enough worker's walk out for 30 to 40 min at a time
stand around and talk, mgmt dosen't enforce it's rules enough.
actaully enjoyed the work but had to leave for those reason's.
Exel Inc is a good company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJuly 27, 2014
I like working for Exel Inc, I have been with the company 7 years and you have growth to move around.
strictly business work place
Driver (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: consistent paychecks
Cons: driver are usually over worked and under paid and not really appreciated
we would have safety meeting and that would be about it.....everything else is strictly business
Great company To work for
Shutle Driver (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 24, 2014
Pros: when u get sick the managment never will fire anybody
Cons: very good health benefits, 401k, etc
I love to start my day at Genesis.
After 2 weeks of training I know my responsibilities and on demand requirements
The Management makes easier your job
Co-Workers are nice people to work with
There is no hard part in the job when communication is present
Helping people that accept as u are, working for Genesis is the most enjoyable part of the job.
I will say Genesis is the company that helps the American Dream Come True.
Mid-sized, team structured workplace with growth opportunities.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, paid vacation/sick leave, excellent health/dental and vision benefits.
Cons: inconsistant communication and/or procedures.
Genesis Logistics is a well established nation-wide food distributor for 7-11, Racetrac, and Walgreen stores. A typical day involves verifying, staging, loading and delivering daily store orders that consist of fresh foods, dairy and snack products. A normal shift usually ranges from 9-11 hours and delivery to approximately 20 stores a night between the hours of 5:30 PM and 3:30 AM.

Throughout my two years of employment with Genesis, I've had the opportunity to gain management experience by being given the responsibilities of training new recruits, routing, and acting as a liaison between stores, drivers, and upper management.

In many ways my immediate supervisors have served as both mentors and friends by passing along advice and expertise without being overly critical of my shortcomings.

My counterparts all bring individualized strengths to the table and enable me to build upon previously gained work-related knowledge.

The most difficult part of working for Genesis would be the unforeseen circumstances that occasionally arise e.g., extra stops/hours relative to staffing issues, compliance with Hours of Service regulations, and excessive delivery volumes

What I've enjoyed most about working for Genesis is the empowerment that each driver gains by independently developing his/her own delivery techniques, given that the techniques are safe and within general company guidelines.
Learned alot in a short period of time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bordentown, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches and gifts foe the holidays and great birthday celebrations.
Cons: not having enough help in the office.
There was nothing typical about this job. I began as a temp employee doing data entry. I was hired on within 3 months and from that point on was a very was a very significant part of the office team. Doing anything from data entry to accounts payable. Working 7 days a week at 60-70 hours per week. The management was somewhat difficult because it was ever changing. You had to learn to adapt quickly as to what each new comer expected of you daily. I think the hardest part was not being able to take even a personal day. Giving up holidays and not even getting a scheduled day off during the week because I was really the only person in the office that understood every facet of the company. I loved being the one that everybody had to come to in order to get through the day. I had so much knowledge of the office and was really needed. It felt very rewarding.
A lot of people come and go, productive and very busy
Putter (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: the pay rate.
I would come into work at 8am-6pm Sunday, Monday, Thursday and Friday. My duties were to set up for work and put merchandise in designated area's.
The only thing I learned from this job was how quickly food can expire.
Management was not good. My manager would consistently sit in his chair and just browse on the internet while we all worked and the other supervisor would constantly work us non stop even if we had a family emergency he would not understand us.
My co workers were really cool to work with.
Hardest part of the jobs was working all the heavy items such as crates and crates of milk.
Nothing really fun about this job.
very unorganized place to work and management is very poor.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2014
you come in Management tell you what products came in and whats going out and we start our day.
i've learned nothing good at that job.
management very poor.
co-worker are a great bunch of guys teamwork all the way that was very nice.
the hardest part of the job,the job was very simple so i didn't have a hard time at all.
working with the employees there really a great set of guys.
has the potential of being a really great company to work for
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Bordentown, NJDecember 25, 2013
Pros: my hours where in the evening from 6pm-2am
Cons: delay in paperwork, and sometimes vehicles, were not readily availabe
nice place to work for. currently not employed there, due to having my route taken by another driver with more seniority
great place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 24, 2013
Pros: you can be creative
Cons: time sensetive
great place to work. the GM really cares about people. He will give you the chance to prove yourself and will show you other aspects of the business
Fast pace work place and an ever changing envirnment.
Light Truck Driver (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 14, 2013
A typical day at Genesis is a fast pace and forever changing of the rules.
I have learned to adapt at short time notice along with accepting a work place for what it is.
Management at genesis is confusing and difficult to comprehend.
The co-workers are great hard working individuals.
The hardest part of the job is looking for your items to load up.
The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing your route
Fast paste productive environment.
Jonathan Perez-Supervisor (Former Employee), Fontana, CANovember 13, 2013
Pros: great work experience and history.
Cons: company shut down.
I enjoyed working with this company for several reasons. I was able to grow with the company as it was growing. This company was a new company being trained by another well known business. I was trained in several positions and was able to show my strengths in several of my previous positions from my past job history. The down fall was that the company was slowly doing lay offs due to sales and loss of clientele. I was one of the last employees to be laid off.
It is a good job
Route Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Portland, OROctober 31, 2013
Route delivery driver for 7 - 11. Deliver dairy, fresh donuts, & dry goods. Hours are from 8:30pm till complete. Usually aroun 4:00am.
Was a great place to work
Driver Trainer (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: working at night
Easy job and fun
I learn how to park in very tight spaces
Good to get along
Good people to work with
Working at at night
Benefits and pay
This place absolutely sucked!!
Route Driver (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VirginiaJune 14, 2013
Pros: low cost health care, with low premiums.
Cons: long hours of 10, 11 & 12, poor management & low pay or extremely physical work...nuff said!!
I used to work @the Chesapeake, Virginia location, you will work an average of 10+ hours daily, for $13.58, no overtime included as u get paid for what u carry on the trucks. I was a delivery driver with a route of 15 stores. Your pay for items on the truck is .5 cents, no matter how heavy the item. Often times ur truck is loaded to the max, as u can't even move to off load items, bcuz the 7-11 stores that u delivery to always over order. Management doesn't care about any of the people that work for them, routinely writing people up for even tha smallest infraction. A raise is hard to come by, 2% was being discussed as a possibility, when I worked there, but it was no guarantee. They don't like to give any days off, the place has 150% turnover of all workers, drivers, management & warehouse workers!! This 150% turnover happens 2x in one year I might add, I worked for them for 10 months...heh, ha, haa...I stayed way to long!! The work is extremely physical & extremely low paying & non gratifying!! Absolutely run from this job, u can do a whole lot better is my advice!!
Turned out not to be what I was hired to do.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 16, 2013
I was told it was a day time position driving tractor trailers between distribution centers. Starting salary was suppose to be be 15.00 an hour.

Turned out...starting salary was 12.75 an hour. Its an evening position loading, unloading and driving vans.

About Genesis Logistics

For Exel, the goal is to excel at supply chain management. The company arranges for its customers' freight to be hauled in truckload – Read more