Genesis Rehabilitation Services

Genesis Rehabilitation Services United States Employee Reviews

Meh
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Lehigh ValleyApril 14, 2015
Pros: Strong Clinical Teams
Cons: Undervalues High Performers
GRS is expanding, and it really doesn't seem much better or much worse than other rehab companies. I like the people I've worked with, but GRS in my experience has been stingy with benefits, competitive pay rates, opportunities for advancement and providing performance based incentives.
Fantastic employees
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Rehab bond, great administration, and
Cons: Traffic
Typical day: I am in change of my caseload (for two buildings), work with patients with a wide range of disorders and diagnoses such as AMS, MS, Parkinson Disease, Dementia, TBI, etc.

My current rehab manager has a fantastic work ethic, open door policy, and treats her staff like family.

The hardest part of my job is getting through the city traffic!

I highly enjoy my rehab manager, the therapists, and of course the residents. They are engaging, cooperative, and motivated to participate in therapy.
Stable and overall good company.
PTA (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2015
Genesis has a strong understanding of how to continue to stay afloat with a profit with the medicare reimbursement cuts. Despite being cut from 40 hours to 30 hours status (still retaining 40 hour work weeks) against my will, Genesis has provided a stable environment to work. The iPods don't hurt either.
Good Company.
Coordinator Corporate Support Service (Current Employee), Kennett Square, PAApril 5, 2015
I really love my work but direct management leaves a lot to be desired. I feel as if I am in grade school. My direct manager is fantastic at her skill but is not a good manager.

I love working for this company. And have to give the company in itself high ratings
Management and therapy teams are great!
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), kansasApril 3, 2015
Pros: DORs, staff therapists.
Cons: Demanding buildings.
I have been working for GRS for almost eight years. They are an awesome company, offer great benefits, great PTO (you can take all of your PTO as long as you plan your vacations and asked for it in advance). I have worked for multiple locations in Kansas. The staff and DORs aresuper nice. Also, productivity standards are very reasonable. Overall, a super nice company.
Great Staff and Great Patients
Rehab Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work can sometimes be stressful, but most days aren't that bad. My co-workers are great, we all get along and work together as a team. I have learned a lot working for this company. The hardest part of the job is finding staff coverage when someone calls out. I have to work very quickly to find someone to cover for the person that called off. Those days are what makes my day stressful, but I am able to pull it all together.
GRS has always treated me well
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVMarch 9, 2015
I have worked for GRS for 7 years and have nothing negative to say about the company. Unfortunately I am relocating and unable to find a position within the company to transfer
Independent and teamwork are essental, demanding at times, and good co-workers.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers are great. sometimes have special (free) luncheons or fun events for employees.
Cons: there's basically no place for advancement in medical records, but you may advance by going into other fields.
A typical work day consisted of processing medical records documents in the computer, answering phones mostly in relation to the documents received, filing paperwork, and purging charts. Periodically special projects would arise. The team would work together and offer ideas on how to best handle the projects when asked.
Not good work environment
speach therapist (Current Employee), N Cape May, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Bad work environment, demands are high with low technology and limited resources to accomplish job. Maybe a good job for a seasoned therapist
Not good work environment
speach therapist (Current Employee), N Cape May, NJFebruary 12, 2015
Life as rehab manager
Rehab director (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: coworkers are miserable but stick together
Cons: everything
You have no life. You're constantly working from home. Genesis demands too much from their DOR's . Expect them to also perform too many duties that should be HR responsibilty. Such as collecting urine for drug screens. That is disgusting . Quit being cheap and use lapcorp. Overall the company sucks and doesn't care about their employees. Only the money & high productivity.
Work and life balance
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee), Tujunga, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Excellent ability to have a balances work and personal life
Employee satisfaction is dependent on which facility you are working at
SNF/LTC Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Employee satisfaction is dependent on which facility you are working at
Loved my time at GRS
director/ physical therapist (Former Employee), hendersonville, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: education and resources for training
Cons: job security
A good company with caring people. Productivity was emphasized but never overbearing. Patient care first. Would work for them again.
Prn and scared about taking perm position
OT (Current Employee), CAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: pay, flexible hours
Cons: seeing many and i'm so discouraged
Needless to say I'm petrified about taking a permanent. I've been prn only and these reviews are horrific though I totally understand all of this and have experienced it in other companies so I guess I've been spoiled by being prn. No politics, give them my availability, work, then depart. I'm getting high pressure to be permanent and think I'm passing. Therapy is not what it used to be. 20 years ago it was not like this!
overworked and under apprciated
OT (Current Employee), ColoradoJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: pay is good if you like to sell yourself
Cons: no flexibility with time off, hight productivity standards
I work at a larger facility and wish I would have never taken the full time. PRN was great with better pay than most places, Full time. it is hard to get your time off and you have to give 60 days notice if you lucky you can get it off. Management does not like to use PRN people which makes no sense. Since they only use in house genesis PRN. This company does not treat their people well. They forgot who the people are in this company, its all about the money. What they don't realize is if they treat their people better the money will always be there!. High turnover, unhappy employees. I have worked at several Genesis building and there are few that have an awesome manager who will work with time off even if its a few days notice but definitely not in POWER BACK. I don't even know if its legal to deny those days off since there are so many people we will never be able to take the time off when we want since only 1-2 people are allowed to take off at a time. We also do our notes during lunch, they say this is not acceptable but there is no way to meet productivity with out doing this. Each day we walk into work it is a new rule or new paperwork added to our already busy schedule, we all leave home drained and unhappy. Cant wait to start my new JOB!!
Enjoyed working around new expectant mothers.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, LAJanuary 4, 2015
Loved the anticipation surrounding the delivery of new babies. From before to after delivery.
it was ok
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2014
the work was fine ,i learned how to image records on the computer my co workers were great we got along well,the hardest part of the job was when i first started and didn't know anything management was good they treat you good
NEW GRADS!!!! DO NOT WALK, RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: too much focus on productivity not enough on patient centered care, former therapists turned managers with very poor management skills, no communication or mentorship, program managers are mere pawns and don't fight for the therapists, you're pretty much on your own and good luck getting real help
Genesis Rehab is a rehab factory that pushes its therapists to be Rehab Robots. They are all about "skill and bill". The quality of treatment does not matter to them.

THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR NEW GRADS!!!!

My biggest regret thus far since starting was turning down a hospital position for a job at this place! I didn't last a month at this place! After I was told I was staying too long in the facilities to get my documentation done, I knew that this was NOT the place for me! If you are given 3 patients, all with 60 minutes (even though they don't need 60 minutes) you are expected to have ALL treatment and documentation done in 3 hours and 45 minutes. Forget if you have an evaluation, a discharge, recertification, if the patient is out, if the patient is at lunch, the network is down, or the computer is not working or unavailable. You are still expected to have everything done in those 3 hours and 45 minutes.

What they called a "mentorship" was basically an "extra person to see if you are getting all your work done" and not someone to help guide you and your career.

Productivity is #1 and patient (pt) care comes last. They basically don't care what you do to the patient as far as treatment goes, as long as you don't abuse the pt., or drop the pt. They only care about documentation, G Codes, and productivity. Genesis Rehab constantly teeters on unethical behaviors but staunchly hide behind their "10 promises" to make it look like they are an ethical company that cares about its patients.

Oh and don't count on getting a real orientation. You might get a day but a half day is – more... norm. You're on your own and you better not dare act like you might be struggling at first with juggling the workload they throw at you. They hire assistants from for profit schools and the quality of their work and documentation show. They want you to sign off on sub-par documentation of the assistants without actually looking at what they did with the pt.

You are expected to figure out how they operate and the flow of things on your own. They may send you to an "orientation" a month or 3 later.

The Area Directors (AD) and Clinical Directors (CD) somehow have forgotten they were once therapists and make arbitrary rules to keep therapists "busy" because apparently to them, therapists in the contracted facilities aren't busy enough.

The program managers are puppets and pawn for the AD and CD.

The benefits aren't that great either and good luck getting time off. You might be better off getting private insurance and an HSA.

The bottom line is: If you are a new grad, find a place that will truly mentor you, with other therapists like in a hospital, answer your questions without making you feel like you don't know what you're doing, and will be supportive and communicative management. Genesis is not this place – less
A pretty good place to work
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2014
Fun coworkers that can be supportive. Patient care is top priority. But could improve on the management.

1 2 3 4 5