Genesis10

Genesis10 Employee Reviews

You take the bad with the good
Contractor (Former Employee), Minneapolis St. PaulFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: professionalism
Cons: didn't work hard to get placed after contract was shortened
Worked on a project that was supposed to last 6 months, but lasted only 4. Definitely a down side, they do not press their clients to honor contracts (but I guess that is industry standard).

Management supported me during a wishy washy transition period, where client kept pushing back the start date. Gen10 stepped up and bumped my rate slightly for the inconvenience, which I thought was fair.

One big downside was mailing checks to 1099 C2C contractors. If you were to do a survey in this market, most agencies delivered payments via Direct Deposit. Hopefully, Gen10 will change.

One last disappointment was that once it was determined that my last day was moved up two months, Gen10 didn't do anything noticeable to get me placed. Their advice was to make sure I use other agencies as well. I believe I performed admirably in my assignment, and this was the best advice they could offer.

I hope they will read this critique as constructive criticism. I thought they behaved in a professional manner through out, just wishing for more.
Productive, stress free work environment.
Application support (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great healthcare benefits
Productive and non stressful workplace. Managers communicates and interacts well with employees and they do not micromanage.
Fun co-workers
Admin (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Nice small company environment. Great co-workers, people stay at their jobs for a number of years. Lots of flexibility as far as working remotely.
A very comfortable office environment, laid back culture.
Good place to work...
Accounting (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: no stability in management, no real career path and structure, decisions are made on monday and reversed on thursday type culture.
Peer groups were fun and energetic. Management team is flaky on every level. Beware, they have a marketing team out there writing all these great reviews.
Productive and Growing workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: holiday parties, early let outs around holidays, free pizza on second teusday of month
Cons: annoying and lazy workers, communication between different offices was not always clear and on time, yearly review took too long to happen and raises were not always that great.
The company itself is very well put together. The work load for my position was not as bad as some would make it seem. On an off week where it is just basic invoicing for time and services rendered, the workload was tolerable but sometimes could be frustrating, but on pay weeks, the days seem to flow with hardly any problems. I learned how to invoice, bill and post cash in BLA accounting system which to me is a very old accounting system but it worked very well most of the time. Management can use some work as to how they relate and communicate with other offices and workers. The hardest part of this job was either getting to work because of the busy commute or actually getting along with all the workers because some people are just always miserable no matter what they do. I actually enjoyed doing the invoicing and payroll because i like to do data entry so this was a perfect fit for me.
Very Professional Culture
Program Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 19, 2014
Pros: very professional
Expert Account Managers and Management. Highest level of ethics and accountability across the organization
Good Company to work for
Active Directory Engineer (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 5, 2014
Good company to work for.
Would work for them again.
It is centrally located in Troy.
Onboarding process is simple and well documented.
Awesome co-workers.
Very Productive
Desk Side Support (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 15, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
This was a very good company to work for. This was a contract job on the weekends to do a PNC Bank refresh. This was a very good learning experience for me. We changed out all of the PC's, Printers, Cisco switches in different banks throughout Monroe County Michigan and Toledo, Ohio. I was second in command due to my experience with being a computer technician.
Not a bad place to work....
Desktop Systems Eng (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 8, 2014
Pros: you wre left alone.. no micro management
Cons: surprise contract endings
Nothing really bad to say about this place....

Managers could have been a bit better....

But I would go back....
Growing IT Consulting firm
Manager, Payroll, Benefits & HRIS (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2014
Great place to learn and wear a lot of hats. Excellent opportunity to get more involved with Accounting and Finance
A Nice place to work that values work-life balance
Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 2, 2014
A nice place to work in a fast-paced Environment. Day-to-day responsibilities include supporting vendor managed clients, tracking requirements, submitting candidates, coordination and appointment/interview scheduling, placement/term paperwork, process improvement, timesheet and invoice issue resolution and coordinating consultant events and recognition
Installed new computers and other assigned duties
Project Consultant - (Computer Technician) (Former Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 14, 2013
Day to Day maintenance, network support, troubleshooting various computer and network problems
Awesome group to work for
Sr. Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 18, 2013
Pros: open communication, very good benefits, relationships with clients
This company is a wonderful company to work for. They are always out to help their consults grow. I have been on two assignments for them and can say they are a caring group of people that will do everything they can for their consultants. They also care about their relationship with their partner/clients and work hard to keep the relationship strong. I am proud to be a consultant for Genesis10.
Good work life balance
Senior Recruiter, Genesis10 (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2013
Genesis10 is a good company for individual contributors. Many teams are virtual so that is good in terms of work-life balance. The company has very little management. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Horrible Management Practices
Consultant (Current Employee), MinneapolisJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pay was fair
Cons: management considers consultants as throw-aways.
Having worked as a consulting professional for most of my career, I have encountered varying support from the intermediary companies I found work through.

Some have been quite good, some have been so bad, I have refused to work for them and one has been the biggest mistake of my career. That would be this company..

Be warned if you choose to work for these people: the very moment you need them to have your back they will throw you under the bus.
Fantastic place to work
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2013
Great people and work environment, highly recommend anyone looking to further their career to contact Genesis10.
Educational Experiance
Sales Sourcer/ Sales Recruiter (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2013
Pros: helping people find employment and my co-workers
Cons: lack of interpersional communication with the candidates
Being my first full-time opportunity right out of college it was a great company. I worked with a lot a great people, and learned a lot of information that will be used doing my career
Fun Work Place
Computer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Working with my fellow group hand in hand and working with computers. Installing and removing old and replacing new computers. Learnt that I have progress in installing and replacing new computers. Management is fine. The co-workers are better workers to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is removing and installing new computers. Do not have a hardest part of the job, it's just right for me and my school work.
Good contract company to work for.
Technical Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 4, 2012
A typical 40 hour weeks with no over-time. Management makes effort to provide a pleasant environment to work in. They hire good, experienced professional people.
Great place to work for a young professional
Recruiter/Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2012
Pros: great location, great industry exposure
G10 was my first professional job and the culture and people were both warm and welcoming. I learned so much within just my year there.

About Genesis10

Genesis Corp.'s raison d'etre is┬ábusiness and technology consulting. Focused on helping organizations streamline processes, manage – Read more

Genesis10 Salaries