Genesys Works Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Productive place
Young Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2016
Learned a lot from this job. Learned everything from professionalism, communication skills, and networking to learning study skills, how to make friends, and life skills.
Pros
Secure workplace
Cons
unpaid training
Big Stepping Stone
Intern Trainee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2015
Genesys Works is a non-profit organization that allows senior high schooners into the corporate world. Developing and enhancing their skills that they succeed in the internships after the 8 week training.
Avid business enviorment, that helps teenagers build on business and technical skills.
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2012
Genesys works is a very tough program because it takes most of you time. It's an internship for juniors in high school who are becoming seniors. It teaches you the essential function of a computer-- both hardware and software components. While also, giving you advice on becoming a business professional in the work environments. Lastly, it helps you with school getting into college and scholarships.
Save and fun workplace with learning IT skills and repairing computers,
IT training for possible internship (Current Employee) –  Minnesota, MN Twin City.July 18, 2012
A typical day would be working into the work place professionally dressed. Sitting at the desk and getting to work. I have learning how to repair computers and answers questions that customers have.
The hardest part of this job would probably be troubleshooting because I am still new at this.
Pros
internships, learing how the professional world works.
Cons
short breaks
Fun and productive!
Medtronic, Intern (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MinnesotaMay 21, 2014
LOVED working at Medtronic World Headquarters using the skills I attained training with Genesys Works. Would do it all again! Gained immense knowledge as well as respect for the professional setting I was working in.
Pros
professional setting offered a taste of the real world at the tender age of 17!
Cons
having to leave after my contract was fulfilled! had to focus on college.
Traning- 8 weeks of summer
MEDICA CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 27, 2012
We learned how to give a speech to a larger sized crowd, be more enthusiastic, and how to give a professional speech. We also were though the fundamentalist of IT work; how to configure a computer, what things are called inside the computer and how it all works together. Went through Cisco test curriculum; an IT trainer went through the chapters and we took the test on our own.
Co-workers were the other students in the training that fought hard to pass the training in order to be placed in a paid internship during our senior year in high school.
Hardest part of the job was leaving and not being able to continue training it was very fun and exciting everyday that went by.
Really enjoyed the family environment couldn’t have been any happier with a different group of people.
Growing company with a cohesive, hardworking team.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at Genesys Works included duties ranging from HR paperwork, management of client relationships, school visits, recruiting new companies via presentations, and teaching college access classes to a group of 20-30 students.

At Genesys Works I learned many skills including how to interview and process new hires, create compelling presentations, how to manage a team and hold them accountable for deliverables, and how to foster client relationships.

My coworkers were hard working and ready to step in whenever required in order to get the job done. This made for a very hardworking, cohesive team.

The hardest part of the job was switching roles frequently, but this soon became exciting and natural. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such an excellent, well qualified team.
Busy workplace with minimum downtime. Friendly atmosphere.
Information Technology Intern- Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
Working at Rush was a nice experience. When I arrived at work I had to first clock in, then I had to log into my phone so I could receive calls from customers. I listened to the technical problems and I attempted to fix them, over the phone. If I could not verbally fix the problem, I would have to enter a ticket with the information that I was given and send the ticket to an analyst.

Working at Rush, I learned self-control and patience. I have had angry customers calling because their devices were not working and I could not give them the help they needed right away. I learned how to calm angry customers down while still keeping my composure.

My co-workers were very friendly, and more experienced than me. When I had a problem or a question, I would not hesitate to ask my co-workers questions.

The hardest part about my job was receiving a call and I couldn't directly answer the question. But to eliminate stress on me and the customer, I would ask the customer to hold and I would GOOGLE the problem. I solved half of all the technical problems my customers had by using GOOGLE.

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually helping the customer with the problem and hearing the joy in their voice. That was the best part to me because I got to help, and the problem was solved. They were happy, and so was I.
great
Alumni Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2014
wonderful organization to work with, and continue with. there is a lot of room for advancement here
Loved my job!
IT Technician/ Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2013
I would recommend for everyone who is in high school to do this program!!! so worth EVERYTHING!

4.8