GENEX Employee Reviews

Relaxed but work oriented place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there but with downsizing i was layed off. I worked for them for 14 years and never regretted getting up to go in. I feel that i learned a lot and would recommend this kind of work to others.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
no room for advancement
Work Place Culture
RN Case Manager Telephonic Genex Services (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 15, 2017
Work at home is a plus. Most of the people are nice
Cannot negotiate a raise , raises are given company wide instead of based on your performance.
Difficult to change positions within the company
Pros
work at home
Cons
Poor benefits package, PTO time not competitive, Unable to advance once in a position.
Only concerned with production
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2017
Poor management. They only care about billing and making hours for the month. Management has no concern for life outside of job.
The only time I ever heard from management is when there was something wrong on a file, in a report or with my billing. Rarely, if ever, is there any positive feedback from the management staff.

I generally worked 10 hours a day and there is always more to do. Plan to receive emails if your work is not done quick enough.

I constantly felt that they were threatening to fire me if I didn't produce enough.

The supervisors and manager is very involved and will harass you for reports and explanations as to why you were short hours (even if you were only short ONE HOUR for the month).

If you have experience with case management I advise to find somewhere else to work. This is a good place to get your foot in the door and learn work comp. This company is not what it use to be.
The team dynamic is gone and everyone is out for themselves just to make sure they produce enough.

PTO days are not really PTO days. If you take 1-2 days off for the month you will be expected to make up the hours so it is not really a day off. 3 PTO days and over will be counted towards hours for the month.

Genex will NEVER take into account all of the work the nurses do on a file that can not be billed for. This is considered NONBILLABLE and they will not take any of that into account of the time you work each month.
Pros
Good pay, benefits are mediocre at best
Cons
Terrible management
Nice place to work with great benefits.
Office Manager/IME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 8, 2017
I loved this job but was able to obtain a job working from home which allowed me to be home with my children who were babies at the time. I was responsible for supervising the clerical staff and reported directly to the Director of Operations.
Pros
Awesome leaders
Cons
Located in Schaumburg
It is a mixed bag
Worker Compensation Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MDMay 5, 2017
Some days you love it
Some days you hate it
Someone is almost always sure to be telling you to do more
It is a challenging, but satisfying job if you like checking off the list...and the list...never....ends.
Pros
Life/job flexibility
Cons
High expectations and deadlines...many people to please
Good Place to work
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 27, 2017
This job allowed me to work from home and provide assistance to patients and insurance companies to obtain optimum care. Education opportunities were available. The internal culture was positive.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2017
Answered and transferred high volume phone calls. I scanned patient documents to nurses. Was in charge of all UPS and FedEx packages being mailed out.
Pros
Loved working with the nurses in the office.
Cons
Being layed off.
A good starting place for learning case management
Nurse Case Manager for Workman's Comp (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed my job as a medical case manager with this company and learned a lot about workplace injuries, as well as working closely with physicians and insurance companies. As a medical case manager, I would attend physician appointments with employees who had been injured in work place accidents, or had developed injuries over time, through repetitive actions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome. As a case manager in this field, you would give status updates to the insurance company as to the patient's progress and when they could be expected to return to work.
Pros
Telecommuter position, opportunity to meet new people, physicians, and insurance adjusters.
Cons
Hired only as a part time employee
This was a great company to work for
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2017
This company cared about their employees. My supervisor was great. Pay was great. I just did not do well working at home alone.
Pros
Expense account.
Cons
A lot of time alone
Productive and fast-paced
Lead Secretary/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with GENEX. They always had work coming in and at times was very fast-paced and stressful but the work got done.

Want to know more about GENEX?

Ask a question
Great company, the work and life are balanced
Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJanuary 17, 2017
Great company, the work and life are balanced and the people in the company are nice and help each other. The benefit is great
Enjoyed working with the people
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working for Genex. I may not have agreed with everything but at least you were able to voice your opinion and concerns. Management at all levels were helpful and not judgemental.
Pros
Friendly people and atmosphere
Cons
had 1 loud employee
Eighteen years
Office Manager/Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 9, 2017
I really enjoyed having my own office, being able to work from home as well as coming into the office. I loved my boss and coworker. The hardest part of my job was having to work late three times a month.
Based on productivy only.
Field Nurse Case Manager - Workman's Compensation (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 25, 2016
Could have been a better job, if management was more supportive.
Field work includes meeting members at their doctor appointments, therapy appointments, collaborating with Insurance Adjusters, Lawyers, Physicians, Members.

Work from Home, in Field a lot.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
High caseload, travel too far.
Challenging and very rewarding. Awesome experience.
Vocational Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2016
Great team & work environment. There's never a dull moment. Local management and co-workers are very supportive, honest, and positive. The work is challenging and rewarding. The networking opportunities with employers, injured workers, insurance companies, medical professionals, and local government officials and employees are priceless. The health benefits are not that great but the bonuses and incentives are fabulous!

Working at Genex has allowed me to increase my knowledge base and develop professionally.

Yes, they will throw you in deep water early on and dare you to swim. You will survive and make it to safe waters if you are able to tread water and overcome the early challenges. Only the strong will survive! ;-)
Pros
Local management, can work from home, pay/incentives, flexibility, networking opportunities, & free lunch.
Cons
Computer and internet are not that great but i've seen worse.
Wonderful work environment and management team.
Medical Diagnostic Network National Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 13, 2016
GENEX is it wonderful corporation who cares about their employees. They are always continue to grow and have great customer service .
Pros
Wonderful Management
Cons
Acquisitions
Not a bad place to work
case manager multistate licensure (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 4, 2016
I was hired on as a dedicated nurse case manager. My supervisor was remote. I left the company after my father passed away as I needed the time to come to grips with his passing and take care of his personal and financial issues of which I was not afforded the opportunity to do while employed full time.
Pros
Good people
Cons
not able to work from home
Fast-paced Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 24, 2016
Supervisor and co-workers were very kind and work driven.
The work was task specific and just fine however, I did not stay long due to waiting on the response from a desired position of which I received shortly after I took the position.
Good Company
Regional Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2016
Genex Services was a great company to work for. I gained tons of medical billing experience and gained a few friends while employed there. Due to downsizing, my position was eliminated and I was laid off.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Upper Management
Very productive
General Clerical/Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 19, 2016
Don't mind working hard. This company has no room for growth and under-paid. like the hours I work some people are not very friendly.
Pros
People sometime unprofessional.
Cons
Overworked and under paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GENEX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6