GENGHIS GRILL

GENGHIS GRILL Employer Reviews

Amazing
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Genghis grill is an amazing place to work at, the working environment is great, and the management is and coworkers are great to work with
Family Dining Restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Cordova, TNDecember 22, 2014
Genghis Grill is a fun family dining restaurant. Great food and customers. On a typical workday i might have at least 10-15 tables, where i meet a different variety of people daily. I learned a lot about different people in general. I also learned how to be a better people person working with a lot of different people everyday. The management is not the best but also not the worst. I love every one of my co-workers they are the best. We all help each other with whatever may need to be done. We are a great example of great teamwork. The hardest part of the job i would say would be sidework, even though that's not hard at all. The job is a very easy job to do. I enjoy every second of being at work everyday.
Enjoyable work environment with interesting people
Waiter/Server (Current Employee), West Monroe, LADecember 1, 2014
Pros: discount food, free wi-fi
Cons: slow repairs to building
I walk in and start to set up the restaurant. At 11, we open up and serve until about 3, or 4 if I'm the shift closer, then I clean my tables and complete my side-work. I present the money to my manager, then usually get a bowl before I leave.
Productive and enjoyable place of work.
Waitress/Cashier (Current Employee), Nash, TXNovember 22, 2014
A typical day insist of cleaning, customer care, and caring workplace.
I learned the importance of food handling and safety as well as cleanliness.
Management could take charge but they could also be your friend.
Co-workers are generally nice and understanding and easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was learning to multitask but its now second hand.
The most enjoyable part is greeting customers and the occasional friendly chit-chat.
productive and fun workplace
Server/Hostess/Busser (Current Employee), Brandon, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: works well with school schedule.
Cons: working weekend nights
A typical day at work, greeting customers, seating them, helping clean dirty tables, wrap silverware. management is very hard working, they are always making sure that the workers are on task and doing something. the hardest part of the job is making sure that you stay on top of your tasks. the easiest part of the job is making sure the customers leave happy and well satisfied.
Fast paced, independent work
Server/ Waiter (Former Employee), Hurst, TxNovember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: management needs work
Working at Genghis Grill taught me patience, gave me customer service experience, and allowed me to work independently with little supervision.
The management could have been better in some instances but otherwise they were very helpful.
Hardest part of the job was the big busy rushes that we had to take on.
Enjoyable when you get a good pay off at the end of the night.
Great envirorment A+ staff hand's down best place I've every work'ed
Line cook (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great meal disscounts on emplyoees
Cons: to long of a walk to get across the air port to get lunch
Laughter is always a plan of a the day we meet at the time clock and then we begin work. To ensure that the quality of customer's food is of it's best. And also to do the best for what you know and accept what critical errors that have took place thru out the day are minor errors. Don't allow them to dictate the remainder of the shift. the crew would always be curious is to whom mite be the lead for the shift. The grill would get to nearly 500+ degrees so that part was crucial. The smile's were great to see from most traveling patrons.
Not the best job
Cook (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 3, 2014
Me and the manager didn't exactly get along. He didn't like that I had another job at the time so when scheduling came he always made it had. It was always a fight as to when I was going to get paid or where my check was. The work environment just gossiped about each other, hardly any one got along there
I love working hard, and being my feet.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Hoover, ALOctober 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, and free meal.
Cons: no breaks (lunch, supper).
Extremely low income, and hard work. I could never get a break, owner kept employees whom continuous were a "no show", late, etc. Additionally, I was promised after 30 days I would receive a raise in pay, but almost a year and nothing, but have never been late, or missed a day of work. No benefits at all!
Hostess, Prep, Busser (Former Employee), Hoover, ALSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: getting cut early
Easy going environment with easy duties but not so good management
Productive and fun job, bad management though.
Cook, Customer Service, Manager. (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: eating fresh meats and veggies all day.
Cons: the bad management and owner.
Absolute favorite job I've had. All the crew members are easy to get along with and love to work just like I did. Not the sort to give up when things get crazy and trust me they will! Genghis Grill is a fan favorite in this area and people have consistantely going back for more since it's opening. I knew beforehand how to cook and properly prep food but you will find out how to do this all as they will teach you everything you need to know about basic food handling and grill work. As a previous manager I know its always so easy to get everything right and it's impossible to please everyone but the management nowadays is bad news. They will shave your hours down to save labor costs and you may not see the overtime worked so hard for.. Hardest part of the job is the endless lines of people on a busy day, sometimes it will hold steady for an entire shift and you have no choice but to own up to it. Most enjoyable part is the fact that yopu have a back of the house and can enjoy whatever music selection you would like!
Easy working environment with bad working staff
hostess (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: easy
Cons: bad staff
Host and greet customers coming in and out of restaurant. Fairly easy. Help assist servers and sometimes take drink orders. Prepare silverware and menus for each guests and direct to correct table for rotation.
Fun but stressful place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2014
I really liked being able to interact with customers and create amazing drinks.The best part of this job were the other employees. I got the chance to work with some really amazing people. One downside would be biased management advancements. The only people invited to management positions in the past year were people who weren't even at the company a month before being promoted. Another would be the insane amount of responsibilities entrusted upon every employee. They cut out use of a host/hostess and a busboy on most shifts despite making enough money to have at least one of the two on. They then required servers to take on these work loads, on top of everything else they had to do.
Interesting place to work
Server (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: half off food, drinks
Cons: not enough pay and hours
Serving guest, running food and prepping for the next shift.

I learned to serve guest, greeting and handle food.

Management was great, respectful and helpful for any questions i may have had.

Co-workers were equally as great .

There was wasn't a hard part.

I enjoyed talking to guest.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
I started working here a few months after opening. I loved working here and the other staff was amazing.
Great Place to make a buck
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2014
open environment very warm and friendly. Very easy going. management could be better. Coworkers are fun and food is good.
Productive and fun enviroment, flexible scheduling hours
Waitress (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, hardly any change in schedule
Cons: not enough hours
A typical work day would consist of providing food and drink to customers, taking payments and making change. Interacting with coworkers and customers. I learned how to up sale and convince customers to buy things they did not expect to buy. I also learned the true importance of team work and how essential it is to the overall success of the establishment. The management at Genghis grill was exceptional they made sure that customer satisfaction came first as well as employee's work experience obtainable. Coworkers were always friendly and helpful, Genghis Grill is a very team oriented establishment. The hardest part of the job I think is the sales, having to reach at least 20 percent in up sales. The most enjoyable part about Genghis was the environment as a whole there was never a dull moment and everybody is always friendly.
Poor management, poor hygiene.
Cook, Dishwasher, Host, and Busboy (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discount on food.
Cons: short breaks, very poor management, very poor sanitation, very poor morale and attitude of co workers in general.
Over 10 checks received as payment bounced once turned in. Vegetables containing mold w ere served after other worker cut off the sections with mold, claiming that it was okay. The small kitchen was doused in bleach and had bleach bottles left open to aid in getting rid of bugs. The training for me was carried out by a man who did not speak english well, and who made several sexist and homophobic jokes over the time spent there. In the end, the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
It wasn't my best job, but it did have nice times with co-workers and made friendships. Overall, it was okay.
Cashier/Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Woodlands, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: if you worked enough doubles they would give you a free meal.
Cons: over worked all the employees, stressed everyone out, made sure if you were good at your job that they would make you work 24/7, they would schedule me to work on my off days.
For the morning shift, I would have to make sure things were clean, set things up for when customers come, and prepare all the drink stations along with little things like turning on TV's, cleaning windows, and taking off the chairs from the tables. Then while we waited for customers we would fold napkins or find something to clean or dust off. Then when customers came it was a normal waiting job, took their order, gave them 100% customer service.

The night shift was similar, just backwards. For example, at the end of the night we would set everything down, turn off TV's, put chairs on tables..ect. The management was very disorganized, each manager said a different thing and confused all of us, and then they would yell at us when they got yelled at, although most of the things weren't anything we were doing wrong. We were short staffed all the time, no one wanted to stay more than a week-a month. My co-workers were great because we all had this common ground that we couldn't stand the job.

I would say the hardest part about my job was that I was a full time student and I was already working 5-6 days (not including doubles) and they wanted me to work more and I couldn't, I needed to maintain my grades at school. I felt tired all the time and too overworked. To the point where I eventually couldn't take it anymore, especially the disrespect from managers and customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a waitress, and interacting with customers to make their day brighter or just to give them a good laugh. I loved interacting, and I am really good at small talk so they enjoyed me too.

I would say what I learned at this job, was how to work with managers that all said something different about how to do our job, and I learned so much patience. I would get extreme rude customers that would curse at me for asking them what they want to drink and I learned to deal with those kinds of people and not let them get to me.
Awesome enviroment to work in
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TexasJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good healthcare.
Cons: the hardest part is the long hours.
My day at work consists of going in and running the restaurant to all food safety and brand standard requirements. Moving through the ranks I've learned how important it is to separate business from friendship, and the challenges that arise while doing so. I have two mid level managers whom I trained and, during the process, have developed a mutual and personal relationship. My employees are very respectful and appreciate me because of the example of hard work I set for them. The hardest part of my job is trying to minimize turn over rates. I love what I do because I feel successful, especially on a highly profitable day filled with challenges.

1 2 3 4 5