Genghis Grill Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXNovember 7, 2016
Empty promise of advancement, poor leadership.long hours, low customer rate. I was a bartender and spent many shifts waiting on customers to show up. There are times we have a little business . Average sales for the whole restaurant in a day is usually $1,500 but can get to $2,500 in a day. A lot of complaints from customers on average from store, some regulars. Must be ready to help others to work here and be a strong worker.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
See above
Fast paced job withminimal hours but fun coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXOctober 14, 2016
If the day is slow they send almost everyone home, people call in so you have to do their work plus yours, co workers are funny, some get special treatment, my favorite part is helping customers create food they'll enjpy
Pros
co workers are fun, customers are funny
Cons
employees not allowed to eat there, few varying hours, picking up others slack
Fun paced job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 21, 2016
Being able to sing happy birthday and lighting up a huge flame on the grill for the customers and seeing celebrate adds to the work place being fun to work at. I learned how to take multiple orders and multi task and organize my time. Management and co-workers were like family and look out for one another. The hardest part of the job was only relying on tips to get by but the best part was being able to make someone's eating out experience a memorable one.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay rate
Love the people not the management
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 15, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with but management rarely does their job correctly so we're always out of important items and when things are broken it takes WWAAAYYYY too long to get them fixed. Also the manager hired more hosts (some of which could barely do their jobs) and basically stopped giving me hours. The manager also only ever gave me one shirt so I had to beg other people for their old shirts. If you're looking for good employee benefits, go somewhere else; at Genghis you get 25% off your meal only on days you work.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
manager is a flake
server
Customer Service/Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2016
i enjoyed working there the management wasn't as great the place is now closed but i did enjoy working there. I learned strong leadership roles and how to work well with others. My co workers were the best part. The hardest part was having to please customers who were not always so friendly. For the most part i enjoyed working for the company.
Absolutley horrible treatment to the employees
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 17, 2016
The employees get no breaks and get in trouble for asking to get water. The general manager talks to the employees very rudley and curses at them. The managers are very unproffesional and are on their phones constantly, even in front of customers.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Service was fairly good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 19, 2016
When I walked in to the Longview, Texas Genghis grill the employees where helpful the only conplaint I really have was I almost slipped cause the floor was very slippery. I told them they need to clean the floor before someone rally got hurt and they never did. That is a safety problem.
Good Food, Poor Choices
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 5, 2016
Typical serving job. Got customers drinks and desserts. Instructed them on how to go through the line. Grabbed their food once it came out. All that sort of stuff. The management, at the time, made some very poor decisions when it came down to asking for more hours. I had been there a whole year and they never once asked me if I wanted to learn bar tending or anything like that, and they had people whom they hired and had working for 2 weeks that advanced. The tips didn't really make up for all the hard work that I had put into this job. Co-workers were okay. There definitely were some people whom didn't want to do their jobs and just wanted to slack off. I had many customers talk to my manager about how good I was at my job and that I needed a raise, but that never happened. Some of the customers made my day so that's a plus.
Pros
Free Lunch/Dinner
Cons
Co-workers and poor management
Fun, Young, and entertaining
WAITRESS/HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 15, 2016
This was the best first job as a rooki waitress I had a extraordinary time learning protocol procedure and how important punctuality plays a role in each anhd everything you do in life .
Pros
Learning Experience, great job
Cons
no advancment
Fast and very fun work place very friendly
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 11, 2016
It was always a very fun and calm work environment. Everyone was always very friendly there. The food was amazing and the customers are awesome as well. It may be a little pricey but if you are willing to pay the price you are guaranteed some quality food.
part time job
Hostess/Khan's (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 7, 2016
This place is closed down already. When I worked there, I was a hostess, busser and khan's coach. I greeted and sat customers as well as cleaned up after them and re stocked condiments. It was a fun environment to work in.
Good first job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2016
It was a great first job but don't go there and expect to move up at all. Its a pretty chaotic eviroment. Manegment was pretty bad you couldnt really expect much from them either. If its your first job you'll be fine but if not I'd look for something else.
Pros
some freindly co workers.
Cons
too many to name
Good people and atmosphere
Grill Master (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 22, 2016
Good steady paced work.Managers are awesome. Prep is easy just takes a bit to do. Cooking bowls and appetizers are simple. Can get extreamely hot cooking on a 500° grill
Pros
employee discount on food etc
Cons
Doesnt pay well
Eh
Host and Busser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2016
My time there was okay. Not the best. Just a job that got me going while i needed it. Simple stuff on a busy day from taking dishes to cups every minute became boring. Plus the management was dumb.
Pros
Food
Cons
Great co-workers and excellent food
Host (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The guests were always polite and complimented me on my smile. I enjoyed laughing and working together with my co-workers as a team.
Cons
Bad pay/No benefits
It's a stir fry buffet and bar, not great for servers
Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 19, 2016
Unless you're amazing at up-selling and you don't mind tipping out, you don't want to be a server here. You can't show off your menu skills or serving skills when patrons get up and go get the food themselves. There's no way to show that you're a good server unless you're an attractive female with a perky smile.
Cons
You have to make your own employee meals of the grill, getting sent home before my shift on multiple occasions
Fun and good place to work and eat
Server (Current Employee) –  Carrollwood, FLNovember 2, 2016
Everyone that works here is fun and sociable, the food is delish! Being a server is an interesting job. A good place for people 17-24 to work, everyone here is about that age.
Fun work place.
waitress (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 2, 2016
not like a normal restaurant to work for, managers change frequently, but the ones i worked under were typically very easy to work for and very laid back,
Pros
discounted food (:
Cons
short breaks.
The most unchallenging job ever.
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2016
As a server working here I found everything to be a little too easy.
You clock in to do some side work such as clean tables sweep
just making sure all the little jobs are taking care of before the store opens.

This is all fine and dandy since you are getting paid 2.14 an hour.
However if you are like me and prefer work that doesn't put you to sleep this won't be the job for you.

Lunch time is usually the busiest time just like any other restaurant.
However with my store a lot of the time we are over staff with servers, this gives an employee maybe 4-6 tables during lunch time which in my honest opinion just doesn't cut it.

After the rush comes in and out the Manager makes cuts you do whatever side work he asks you too and makes sure your section is nice and clean.

Then you clock out.

The job isn't a terrible one just not challenging in the least.

Working for tips hasn't been the greatest experience.
Pros
Easy, Quick, big tips
Cons
tips, boring, easy
productive working place
Bartender/ Waiter (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2016
Genghis Grill has a enjoyable working environment! I love working with my coworkers. Management there is one of a kind! They work well the my schedule.

2.4