Genghis Grill Employee Reviews

Solid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Great food and great work perfect for someone looking a entry into to management. Culture and the people are great. Hardest part of the job was pay. .
Pros
Great food
great place
General Manager, Customer serice (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALSeptember 13, 2017
It was a great place to work. I'm upset about it closing and would go back immediately if it repopened it's doors. The environment was like a family with the staff.
Positive environment and very enjoyable
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Genghis grill was a great place to work. I had a lot of fun while working hard. Customers are always so positive and co-workers are very motivated. Everyone was always busy but always having fun. I enjoyed working there.
Surprised that the health department did not shut them down
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 7, 2017
I am surprised that the health dept did not shut them down Non working ice machine, line table freezers not working.. would not supply prewash for dishes due to the expense..shelving in walk in
rusted etc etc etc
Pros
Cons
the entire eating establishment falling apart
Would not reccommend
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 6, 2017
Typical day at work was clocking in, putting up my belongings, starting my job.
I learned that people are dishonest and don't really care about you if they aren't happy with their job.
Manager was great but overall management was horrible.
Hardest part of job was taking on everyone's responsibilities as well as my own.
Typical work day
Guest Host/ Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Typical work day was very stressful because we were always short handed. So you often found yourself doing multiple tasks, which means something else would lack attention....not good. I did however acquire my TBAC to serve liquor and did learn how to mix drinks, and that could be beneficial to me later. Management changed often....unfortunately, which meant each had their own idea of how the business should be ran. I made adjustments accordingly, which can be confusing at times. Interacting with other employee's was actually very easy, everyone would pitch in and help without hesitation. The most pleasant part of the job was interacting with the customers, especially the new one's who were quite impressed with the concept of the restaurant. It was always fun to show them how everything worked. The busiest part of the day was lunch time, evening were slow....unfortunately the business closed.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, employee discounts or health insurance
management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2017
Management was terrible at this place. They didn't appreciate their employees and worked them until they couldn't be worked anymore. Management was unfair and had a bad habit of showing favoritism.
Pros
no pros
Cons
low pay, hard work
slow environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDAugust 30, 2017
managers always quit or were fired, the people there stole money, and nobody ever showed up to work on time. Selected people were treated unfairly. overall not a good place to work.
Fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
A typical was usually fast paced. I was to seat customers and prep tables for them. I was also supposed to inform the servers of their table, and occasionally help them if they needed me. I learned how to work under pressure and to work more quickly. The management team was a little harsh. The hardest part was working doubles for multiple days in a row. The most enjoyable was getting my first experience with working within a restaurant.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
good job
Server (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXAugust 23, 2017
Management is very understanding. If workflow increases it may get stressful. You learn to multitask and their many rules. You can have a lot of fun or a really rough time, it all depends on your attitude towards others and how quickly you learn.
Pros
good management
Cons
may be stressful
Its Okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 17, 2017
The management here were great... its the servers and workers that don't quite know their place and throw a fit over simplest things that you have no control over.
Server/bartender
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COAugust 17, 2017
I always had a great time our guests were amazing the people I worked with work absolutely just the funnest I've ever worked with I really enjoyed my time with Genghis Grill
Pros
The job
Cons
The distance
Productive days
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 16, 2017
Working at Genghis grill is an easy start out job for a high school kid. The restaurant stays busy and can get overwhelming at sometimes. Overall, It is a fun place to work and would recommend to anybody looking for some side money or a temporary job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 14, 2017
: Greet customers
: Use of cash register system and cash handling
: Always followed State Guidelines and Safety inspection
: Food Preparation
: Checked in Vendors
None-Productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  3298 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem, NC 27103August 13, 2017
Had a ruff time working on this place bad service with some employs some people never got there food an the table numbers were all screwed up i just would want anyone to work here
first serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87109August 10, 2017
At Genghis Grill I started serving. Fun place to work, but too many changes done with in the year I was a server there. Good place to start as a server.
Fun place to work
Khans Koach (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2017
My experience at Genghis grill definitely showed me what it took to be a hard worker. I was constantly pushing myself and it was very tiring but it kept you busy.
Pros
Free rice
Cons
No breaks
Good source of wants and needs of nutrition fullfillment
Grill Master (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 2, 2017
The job is great! Love working for a place that people can choose what they want and make their bowl just the way they want it! Cooking on a grill like Genghis has makes the job a lot smoother!
Pros
Discounts on bowls
Cons
No breaks, healthcare
Great
Master Grill chef (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 1, 2017
Loved Work In there. Great guy great place would love to go back I I had the chance. Highly recommended loved it
Best job of had treats workers great as well
fast paced enviroment
Texas - Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJuly 25, 2017
overall a really fun place to work if you have the right staff, but due to current managers it has become a very stressful and undesirable place to work.
Pros
20% discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genghis Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5