GENIE

GENIE United States Employee Reviews

Very fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAJune 30, 2014
Pros: 30 mints breack was nice.
Cons: 15 minuets short breack every three hours especially on a day not so good.
My review was always say good mourning to everyone. I learned always stay focused on my job :). The management is well organize. The co-works where nice but some days there not friendly but I learned that they cant give u a bad day. The hardest part of the job was when one boss manager tells u one thing but the top of the manager tells you to do something different. So it makes it hard when u cant do two things at once. The most enjoyable day was being happy at my job. .
Manufacturing
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Redmond, WAApril 27, 2014
Start the day at 5 am with daily safety meeting and end up at 3:30 or 4 pm according to what day. Its a routine job that can be challenging sometimes, but its a repetition for the most part of the day just manage yourself to be in the tack time limit. Very nice people to work with.We always help each other as much as we can. The hardest part of the job is when you fold behind on your time and you try to catch up,its so stressful. When everything is going parfait.
good place
Inventory specialist (Former Employee), Redmond, WAApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch often in a while
it is a fun working place.. i enjoyed working and building my inventory experience.
fun at work
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee), Redmond, WADecember 19, 2013
The people at CarlisleIT are amazing. Always eager to help when asked, and I don't usually feel like I have ANY stupid questions. It's always a welcoming environment. I do feel that they could spend a little more money on their employees (i.e. pay them more), but overall, it's a good experience working there
my first experience with assmebling
Hand assembled circuit boards (Former Employee), Shenandoah, VAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the people
Cons: wages and benefits
I was assembling circuit boards when I left for better pay and benefits
A day at the assembly line.
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Redmond, WAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: four ten hour shiftst, typically fridays off or overtime
My typical day starts at 5:30 am and ends usually around 4-4:30pm. This company practices lean manufacturing to eliminate waste. I've learned a lot about lean manufacturing and how it works. Management takes escalation very serious with team members. The hardest part about job is that it can be very hard on your body depending on your place on the line. With mine not being the easiest. However since it is a high pace environment the 10 hour days go by a lot quicker than you would imagine.
good pay, good amount of hours
Materials worker (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good pay and amount of hours
Cons: air quality
days go by quick / always keeps people busy
management is descent
no problems with co-worker
got to be punctual and on time
pay is great
only concern that had was the air quality
Paint Process Engineer I
Paint Process Engineer II (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2013
• Responsible for optimizing all powder coating equipment such as; Wheelabrator, 3-stage wash system, IR ovens, automatic powder booths, and manual powder booth.
• Continuously improves the powder paint process through participating in Kaizen events and identifying opportunities for improvement of safety, quality, delivery and cost (SQDC mindset)
• Designs and works with internal or external suppliers to develop appropriate tooling, material handling equipment required for the paint department
• Resolve process failures, identifying issues, developing resolution plans and communicating results a senior management.
• Leads the implementation of new processes to the value stream by collaborating with a cross functional group (i.e, Manufacturing, Design Engineering, Tooling, Maintenance, Suppliers, and Quality Assurance)
• Collaborate with product design and industrial design groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new painted part designs.
• Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all paint process and application equipment to maintain the specified quality standards detailed in the control plans for all products.
• Implemented LEAN manufacturing strategies to improve process flow and reduce cost , including Value Stream Mapping, Line Balancing, Standard Work and JIT (just in time) point of use.
• Resolves technical problems in the value stream and implement new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts. Assists with development and qualification of new materials, parts and processes to meet requirements. Performs routine tests and audits to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
• Conducts routine analysis to determine reasons for failures of materials, parts or processes. Assists in implementing corrective and preventive actions.
Fun and great work enviornment
Order Puller/Packer etc (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 20, 2013
The work day goes by fast and easy at Genie. I learned how to operate fork lifts there and had great co-workers to show me things step by step. Unloading trucks filled with garage doors can be difficult but with the staff there you can do it quick and easy. I also liked listening to the smooth rock playing throughout the warehouse, it was great!
Enjoyed the people and the facility
Production Specialist/Equipment Tester (Former Employee), Moses Lake, WAJanuary 18, 2013
Genie was a very good place to work Im just looking for a career and love to work outside
good job
Production specialist-materials (Former Employee), Redmond, WANovember 25, 2012
Pros: solid pay rate with constant growth
Cons: everyday uncertainty of when shift is over.
Receiving inbound product, inspecting quality and delivering items to production stations.
Loading finished goods (Gr roundabout units) into trailers and (scissor lifts) on flatbed trucks.
Ordering supply’s from various vendors to maintain the quality of product for our customers.
Reconfigured shipping area and changed processes to ensure better function and put in place lean manufacturing one piece flow process.
Safety representative for the materials department. Brief a team of 15 employees monthly.
Maintained a very high standard of safety first system.
Followed standard work and process operating procedures.
All the stuff u need they provide to you
Cleaner (Current Employee), Rome, NYOctober 14, 2012
Its sometimes rough but over all they make it fun.most of the coworkers r really easy to get along with