Genoa, a QoL Healthcare company Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2017
Poor management, zero teamwork, hostile environment, back stabbers, and the ones that got praised where the ones that wouldn’t do anything. Favoritism.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Work environment
Little Rock, AR
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 20, 2017
If you are not in the buddy system you will not make it. Poor/horrible management skills. The Pharmacist that was there prior was great-- prompt polite service. The Pharmacist there now just can't get right. The Pharmacist would rather have her friend working with her than anyone else. The pharmacy has gone down tremendously due to poor managing. I don't see the facility excelling at all.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work hours
Poor management
Consumer medication coordinator (Former Employee) –  West UnionSeptember 14, 2017
The pharmacist I worked for would not send my consumers medications out on time they were late getting their meds so they didn't want to use us as there pharmacy due to not getting meds on time. She was really rude and no one would do anything about it pretty sure she has left since then.
Pros
Relax atmosphere
Cons
Slow boring poor management
Great place to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22401August 13, 2017
Genoa is a great place to work for if you are a pharmacy technician. They pay way hire then it's competitors and treat employees like people not a number. Some stores are super busy and stressful others relaxed and never busy. Great benefits. You do still have to deal with numbers and trying to meet them like any other pharmacy but they are more open instead of harsh if the numbers aren't met.
Pros
Free lunch every month, benefits, possible bonus, great hours
Cons
30 minute break, stressful
Very good company with excellent Values and Mission
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 11, 2017
Highly recommend. Very good leadership and management, quality employees who care about the population they serve. Lot's of growth and advancement opportunities. Growing quickly but intelligently.
Good 8-5 M-F company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 8, 2017
Overall, I had a good experience at Genoa with onlly a few problems, but big problems. The pay wasn't that great, but the pay isn't great for pharmacy technicians anywhere. The biggest problem I faced was the company culture. Too much to do, not enough technicians and not enough hours in the day. People were stressed out all the time and that created a tense, uncomfortable atmosphere.
great place just rude sacasm
consumer medication coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 8, 2017
im not sure if it was me but once new manager pharmacist was hired it was no longer a place I enjoyed being felt like I was the black sheep of the pharmacy I don't know if it was a race thing or what but I rather not discuss that in this review but that is how I felt
It was a great learning experience, endless opportunity, exceptional pay, tuition reimbursement
Phlebotomist/Lab Technician/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2017
This company is a leader in teaching, training as long as each employee to obtain a position they desire. Manager Trainee University and training. Competitive wages very well versed in lean manufacturing process.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, travel, bonuses
Cons
Unable to take breaks bc of how fast paced the environment
Busy workplace serving the mental health community
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 8, 2017
Genoa can be challenging to work for, as you essentially have two bosses: Genoa and the mental health facility the site is contracted to, and meeting both their needs is not always easy
Down the drain
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  USAJune 7, 2017
Management is horrible, they don't replace horrible employees. Someone can be losing patients with their mistakes and no one does anything about it. It's a normal retail pharmacy, just with better hours. Don't work here if you expect fairness and teamwork.
Pros
Drug rep lunches
Cons
NO breaks, only lunch.
Company needed more organization and software updates.
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJune 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the patients and feeling that I made a difference in the lives of others. I learned patience due to the type of patients I dealt with on a daily basis. My management didn't communicate very well. We didn't reall foster a work place culture which I was really hoping for. The hardest part of the job was when patients couldn't afford their meds and I couldn't help pay due to our conflict of interest policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped a patient along in there treatment plan which of course included taking their scheduled medications. We were able to provide special packaging based on the patients specific needs.
Pros
Interaction with the patients.
Cons
Compensation.
Interesting place to work
Phlebotomist, pt.assist.coord. Pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMay 14, 2017
I learned so much at this place, I had not worked for a pharmacy before, My manager was so great. Great culture., Great management awareness of the day to day work. most enjoyable part of the job were the customers. Hardest part was dealing with insurance companies not wanting to pay for some medications.
Pros
Enjoyable staff and clients
Cons
Suffering of the customers trying to get there medication if not paid by the insurance.
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Technician/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 7, 2017
Genoa is a company that truly cares about their employees. Excellent benefits with a 401K. Insurance after the first month of employment. I would recommend this company to just about anyone!
Apply at your own risk!
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 1, 2017
This is probably the second worst job I have ever had. Although I am thankful to at least have a job, I am strictly here for the paycheck. Not typical of me, because I am a very hard worker and a team player. There is no team work here period. It's every person for themselves. There is obvious favoritism being displayed, back biting and there is no level of trust or confidentiality between supervisor/employee. The manager micro-manages, is very disrespectful and rude and does not go to bat for the employees when their backs are against the wall. Benefits are minimal and short lunch breaks. You have to really watch your back at this company because if you make a mistake you will thrown under the bus faster than you can blink. Upper management is no better. There is constant bullying and harassment between the employees and you are not compensated pay wise for your work habits, job performance, skills or training. At best, I can look forward to weekends and holidays off and a steady paycheck bi-weekly; the most positive attributes about workin here...
Pros
No weekend or holiday work, good work hours
Cons
Short breaks, not much work/life balance, minimal pay and no team work
Company was bought out
Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 31, 2016
the buy out was the most disorganized take over I've ever experienced in my career. There was no compassion for those who lost their jobs. The severance packages weren't provided until months after the staff was informed of their positions being eliminated. Final pays were not accurate and health benefits were not provided as agreed upon.
Pros
non
Cons
management did not lead by example
Very small pharmacy with NO work to do!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 14, 2016
This was by far the most BORING job in pharmacy I have ever had in over a decade of working in the profession. I went to work feeling like I was there for no reason and that I was not needed by how SLOW the workflow was. We had 3 techs and that was way too many for such a slow environment. We probably did around 20 NEW prescriptions a day and the staff would go into panic mode from getting a new order as if they were busy. It was such a joke. A typical day at work consisted of standing in 1 spot for 9 hours wishing and hoping you get a prescription to process and trying to stretch the work you did get as far as you could. For a person like myself who was used to working in very fast paced work atmospheres with a minimum of doing 250 prescriptions a day this was not a job I enjoyed. The work environment gave no challenge to staff at all, it's basically easy money. Most of the time the staff just texted in their phones all day, laid on the floor from being bored from standing, or cracked jokes waiting on the day to end. The work would be good for someone who doesn't like doing a lot of work and has entry level pharmacy technician skills. I am in shock that they even have any positions to hire for hence why most of there positions are PRN and part-time. The prescription number count is so low they really only need 1 good pharmacy technician to get through the workflow for ENTIRE day.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps, no weekends, no holidays.
Cons
Pay rate minimal, no work to do, entry level, boring.
Extremely poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 13, 2016
Great schedule but extremely poor management, both locally and at corporate. Management shows favoritism to other employee which is really awkward as there are only about 5 people working there including the manager. Poorly organized. Zero teamwork and a lot of back stabbing. Hostile work environment.
Pros
Free lunches, Monday through Friday schedule, closed on holidays
Cons
Poor management
Hands down best pharmacy to work at!
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 12, 2016
Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company is the best pharmacy I have every worked at. I have done home infusion, retail, out-patient, and mail order. I worked for this company previously for 5 years in a state that I didn't call home. I only let the company to be able to move to my home state. They ended up opening up pharmacy near where I lived, and I returned happily to Genoa. Working at Genoa is always different, you do some mail order, some retail, some medication packaging, some injections and sometimes detox. The population that you work with is the most fun, and you have the largest opportunity to make a real difference. Our patients can be the most appreciative of any you have ever dealt with. Working at Genoa is not just a job, it is truly an uplifting career where lives can be changed every day by every action.
Pros
Fun monthly events for patients, and ability to make a difference
Challenging environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 11, 2016
Great company to gain experience. Reasonable goals and expectations are set for each team and individual. This company is growing with no expectation of slowing down.
Helping others
Consumer Medication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RINovember 19, 2015
The most enjoyable part about this job is being able to provide the best care to the patients we serve. Customers are among our organizations most valuable assets. With a strong job knowledge, I am able to provide exceptional customer service and that's the most rewarding part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genoa, a QoL Healthcare company. Our community is ready to answer.

Genoa, a QoL Healthcare company Reviews by Location