GENOA HEALTHCARE

GENOA HEALTHCARE Employer Reviews

Learned to understand and love mental health!
Certified pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 10, 2014
Genoa was a great experience for me. I learned about mental health and drug and alcohol addiction. Working here I also learned about other parts of the pharmacy that I was not exposed to in my previous job, such as billing, Medicare Part B and specialty medications.
A great place for technicians to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Bloomington, INJune 27, 2014
Pros: salary, schedule, drug rep lunches and dinners
I have really enjoyed my time working at Genoa, as well as working with the staff at CenterStone. Working with the severely mentally ill has provided me with greater understanding of how to work inside current healthcare restrictions and to utilize all resources available to provide the clients with the desired medications. I have enjoyed getting to – more... know the clients better, and appreciate working with the nursing and prescribing staff as part of "wellness team." – less
great place
Call Center Rep/Refill Due Technician (Former Employee), Fort Thomas, KYJune 4, 2014
great coworkers/helping patient daily/rewarding/ compouding daily
Great Pharmacy - Upper Management Terrible
Pharmacy (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 4, 2014
Overall the pharmacy at the local level was a fun place to work and we got a lot of work done. I enjoyed working with the pharmacy team and the nurses.
Upper management did not appear to care that we had any concerns or needed for help to get day to day work done.
Concern about job security. People were easily fired.
Nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 27, 2014
Great boss and co-workers. I worked for an agency, and was placed at Genoa Healthcare. Everyone was very nice.
Productive and work with great people
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Management is easy to work with and you can always lean on them for friendly help. I have learned a lot since being with this company, this is just the beginning and still a lot to learn, and that is the hardest part is learning how to navigate the systems and the right wording for the scripts.
good team work
Balance Forward Cash Poster (Former Employee), Tukwila, WADecember 25, 2013
learned how to balance, answering phone and talking to patient
Not for the weak of heart
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee), Rather not mentionSeptember 25, 2013
This company may have some perks but the pros do not outweigh the cons. They do not pay well and expect you to do more than your fair share of work. If you have a problem that requires upper management or HR your concerns fall on deaf ears. The computer system is ancient and behind the times and extremely confusing. Instead of fixing the program they – more... just add another program to replace it so you have multiple programs just to complete 1 task. It isn't a good work environment and I have worked at multiple locations. All are bad! – less
Entry level positions
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: monthly birthday celebration
Cons: lack of training
this place is nice for entry level position, fresh out of college.
worry about you mental well being
CPT (Former Employee), OregonJuly 11, 2013
Pros: free meal once a month
Cons: management is a let down.
Will always back upper management even if they are in the wrong. Human resource seems to be lacking in helping employees when needing help with office conflict. Company has a great idea just not great leadership. Communication is lacking. Becarful of the mental games played. You are always on call even on your days off. Company acts more like a disfunctional – more... family than functional. Many unhappy people there, but feel there is no where to go do to the job market. – less
Liked working here
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), IndianaJune 25, 2013
Pros: feel like you are making a difference, the hours, benefits
Cons: no advancement, unfair salary practices
Good company with really good benefits. Company does seem to genuinely care about its employees and offers nice bonuses/gift cards etc for a "job well done." The hours are typical 8-5, and you do have to be somewhat intelligent to be successful with this company. Hard to get a raise and there are no annual "cost of living" pay raises.
On call 24/7 -- not much personal time
Marketing Rep & Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 20, 2013
Typical day included pre-packaging of psychiatric meds for 32 group homes for over 200 residents. Drawback was that when one or meds changed, I was required to go back into the office and adjust them, whether it be after work or on weekends.
Fun, casual work environment
Pharmacy Technician/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMay 16, 2013
I would recommend working here to anyone. The environment is relaxed, the workload reasonable and the pay fair. I would have stayed if they had been able to offer me a full-time position when I needed it.
Worry about YOUR mental health before working here!!
CPT (Current Employee), WAApril 7, 2013
Pros: you can call in sick when ever you want and get away with it?!?!
Cons: no breaks, no lunches!!! no union, no one on your side.
This company basis itself inside mental health facilities because it can't lease a site of its own! It relies on federal grants and money from drug (mental drug co) to keep afloat, and quarterly inventory (by employees) to borrow money to open more stores in more sites, to use more people to take advantage etc. etc. It is so unfortunate to use this – more... field of the already "less thought of" in such a shocking manner! – less
Good benefits, employee activities, but lacking in training and leadership
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits, competitive pay
Cons: very stringent expectations on new hires, not much flexibility
Genoa has good benefits, competitive pay, fun employee activities to get involved with, but the training is poor, and the expectations for new hires is pretty stringent. The office I was in was also a little too relaxed in some of the daily conversation contents and language useage, including the management employees.
Only looks good on screen/paper.... Employees beware!!
Ptcb pharm tech (Current Employee), Washington stateFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: discounted employee medications
Cons: no breaks, no lunch!!
Nothing good to say about Genoa. All negativity starts from the top and works all the way to the pharmacies technicians. No diversity, they don't employ all races or all orientations. Only worried about bottom line dollar. So sad!!!
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Washington (worked in Oregon)February 13, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: having to work with people that didn't believe in the vision of the company
I really enjoyed working for this company. Out of all the people I worked with there were 2 people that did not have the owners vision. All in all I had a great time working for Genoa.
NOT a fun place to work, Not a pharmacy to get your meds from!
Certified Pharmacy Tech. (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: weekends off :)
Cons: favoritism and drama coupled with meaningless gossip .
I think at this point, the less said the better. Genoa is Definitely the Wrong place to work! I have nothing but problems coming from the top flowing to the little guys.
Too much stress to out-perform, under-deliver. No breaks, guilted lunch 1/2 hour.
Pharmacy Technician: Account specialist (Former Employee), Seattle area: Capitol Hill, Everett, BremertonFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: drug reps. weekly morning breakfast/coffee: 1/2 hour lunch
Cons: upper management/ceo's manipulative. in house managers ever changing, drama in workplace, unidentified expectations: grievously understaffed pharmacies: pit coworkers against each other
I believe this small mental health pharmacy was formed with great intentions, but money hungry, philosophical changes, and unrealistic expectations became more important than consumer satisfaction. An 8 hour day became 10 without a lunch, or breaks, understaffed pharmacy, extensive work load without reliable employees, no affirmation, just negativity – more... and drama/blaming gossip about management, who wants standards but clearly don't follow standards and expectations themselves. You always hear what the CEO and his coworker/girlfriend are doing on any given day. The M-F work week was great, but that was the just of it. – less
Fun but stressful
Pharmacy (Former Employee), IndianaDecember 20, 2012
Pros: hour long lunch
Cons: very high stress
Stress seemed to always be very high. Management frequently changed. Expectations were not always verbalized. Loved the hours, but overall the stress was too much.