GENOA HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Walton Beach, FLJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for Genoa Healthcare, the hours, benefits and pay were right on target with what I needed at the time. I had the best boss, my pharmacist was awesome to work for. If there was a Genoa Healthcare around where I'm living now I'd definitely try to work for them again.
Cons
Working in a mental health facility was a challenge some days
Very busy pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2016
You are constantly on your feet, long days, sometimes weekends, and helping customers.
Insurance verification can be the hardest part, especially if you can't get the insurance to pay for it.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
drive from tucson to marana
Busy environment
Pharmacy Assistant/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 3, 2016
The pharmacy was extremely busy, Muil tasking was put to a test, with answering phones, filling prescriptions, helping customers pick up their prescriptions, and so much more.
Pros
My days flew by because of how busy we were all the time.
Cons
The level of tasked asked was too much for one person.
good place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MSApril 12, 2016
very good work atmosphere. Team concept. Work staff very supportive. rarely worked past 5 pm. Good family/ work balence
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
Learned a lot of new things
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2016
outdated system
terrible benefits
a little down time
midday lunch
Awesome environment and company!
Cpht (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KsSeptember 29, 2015
I just started with Genoa but all in all love that they have truly made me a team member! Awesome experiences so far, I'm excited to move forward with this company!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Computer system was difficult at first, but getting use to it.
Very scattered brained.. nothing in any logical order
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 2, 2015
I witnessed the technicians talk down to the pharmacist!! Very unfortunate, rude, embarrassing environment to be in for 8 hours a day!!
Pros
paid 1 hour of lunch.. thats a 1st in my 10+ years of retail pharmacy!
Cons
not enough training/help
A great place for technicians to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 27, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time working at Genoa, as well as working with the staff at CenterStone. Working with the severely mentally ill has provided me with greater understanding of how to work inside current healthcare restrictions and to utilize all resources available to provide the clients with the desired medications. I have enjoyed getting to know the clients better, and appreciate working with the nursing and prescribing staff as part of "wellness team."
Pros
salary, schedule, drug rep lunches and dinners
Not for the weak of heart
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Rather not mentionSeptember 25, 2013
This company may have some perks but the pros do not outweigh the cons. They do not pay well and expect you to do more than your fair share of work. If you have a problem that requires upper management or HR your concerns fall on deaf ears. The computer system is ancient and behind the times and extremely confusing. Instead of fixing the program they just add another program to replace it so you have multiple programs just to complete 1 task. It isn't a good work environment and I have worked at multiple locations. All are bad!
worry about you mental well being
CPT (Former Employee) –  OregonJuly 11, 2013
Will always back upper management even if they are in the wrong. Human resource seems to be lacking in helping employees when needing help with office conflict. Company has a great idea just not great leadership. Communication is lacking. Becarful of the mental games played. You are always on call even on your days off. Company acts more like a disfunctional family than functional. Many unhappy people there, but feel there is no where to go do to the job market.
Pros
free meal once a month
Cons
management is a let down.
Frequent change of management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INNovember 25, 2012
I believe that Genoa Healthcare's founder started the company with very good, honorable intentions, but was and is not at all familiar with this type of pharmacy practice. What looks good on paper may not always work in real-life situations.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the mental health patient base, but felt that I was always under pressure to concentrate more on working faster and less on quality of work. Management was not always dependable as it changed often and was most times understaffed.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
management always changing, high pressure on working very fast-not concentrating on quality
Good benefits, employee activities, but lacking in training and leadership
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 5, 2013
Genoa has good benefits, competitive pay, fun employee activities to get involved with, but the training is poor, and the expectations for new hires is pretty stringent. The office I was in was also a little too relaxed in some of the daily conversation contents and language useage, including the management employees.
Pros
good benefits, competitive pay
Cons
very stringent expectations on new hires, not much flexibility
Worry about YOUR mental health before working here!!
CPT (Current Employee) –  WAApril 7, 2013
This company basis itself inside mental health facilities because it can't lease a site of its own! It relies on federal grants and money from drug (mental drug co) to keep afloat, and quarterly inventory (by employees) to borrow money to open more stores in more sites, to use more people to take advantage etc. etc. It is so unfortunate to use this field of the already "less thought of" in such a shocking manner!
Pros
you can call in sick when ever you want and get away with it?!?!
Cons
no breaks, no lunches!!! no union, no one on your side.
Liked working here
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 25, 2013
Good company with really good benefits. Company does seem to genuinely care about its employees and offers nice bonuses/gift cards etc for a "job well done." The hours are typical 8-5, and you do have to be somewhat intelligent to be successful with this company. Hard to get a raise and there are no annual "cost of living" pay raises.
Pros
feel like you are making a difference, the hours, benefits
Cons
no advancement, unfair salary practices
Fast pace work place
Pharmacy Technicain (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 12, 2012
This was a great place to work. It was a small pharmacy, but we all got along. I looked forward to going to work everyday. But there was always drama coming from corporate, that had nothing to do with us. My manager was a great pharmacist, and I learn a lot from her.
Pros
great place to work with
Cons
never getting positive recignition from corprate for meeting quotas
Great Pharmacy - Upper Management Terrible
Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 4, 2014
Overall the pharmacy at the local level was a fun place to work and we got a lot of work done. I enjoyed working with the pharmacy team and the nurses.
Upper management did not appear to care that we had any concerns or needed for help to get day to day work done.
Concern about job security. People were easily fired.
Learned to understand and love mental health!
Certified pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 10, 2014
Genoa was a great experience for me. I learned about mental health and drug and alcohol addiction. Working here I also learned about other parts of the pharmacy that I was not exposed to in my previous job, such as billing, Medicare Part B and specialty medications.
Productive and work with great people
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 8, 2014
Management is easy to work with and you can always lean on them for friendly help. I have learned a lot since being with this company, this is just the beginning and still a lot to learn, and that is the hardest part is learning how to navigate the systems and the right wording for the scripts.
Only looks good on screen/paper.... Employees beware!!
Ptcb pharm tech (Current Employee) –  Washington stateFebruary 13, 2013
Nothing good to say about Genoa. All negativity starts from the top and works all the way to the pharmacies technicians. No diversity, they don't employ all races or all orientations. Only worried about bottom line dollar. So sad!!!
Pros
discounted employee medications
Cons
no breaks, no lunch!!
great idea but bad company
pharmacy manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 19, 2012
many pharmacist requirements were not mentioned in the interview and did not relate to typical pharmacist duties. their technology is WAY behind times, and they do not have a good computer pharmacy system.
Pros
employee discounted medication
Cons
expected to work overtime with no compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GENOA HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8