Genomic Health Employee Reviews in United States

The most enjoyable part of my job is working alongside a highly talented colleagues.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 19, 2015
Although the company is a great company to work for, the management team, at least in my department, is infested with favoritism that severely undermines merit in performance as the base for promotion and advancement.

Moreover, the company never acts on grievances expressed during surveys conducted on a regular basis; as a result, the dysfunction of our management team persists to the level of losing the great majority of its talented and hardworking workforce.
Pros
My colleagues are highly committed to advance teamwork culture, not only to make our work environment friendly, but also to produce high quality of results to the customers we serve.
Cons
See my review above
Overall a fast, learning and enthusiastic environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 8, 2015
My typical day at work always depends on what phase of the project I am in. Normally it would begin with checking my email and calender for the day and running to meetings and discussions.
Very high pace
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 9, 2015
Working at Genomic Health was ok. A typical day was being very busy all the time make sure we got daily patients samples into our system and ready for processing. There was never a samples or coworker left behind.
Pros
Friday after work get togethers
Cons
Health care & breaks but very high pace job
Intern at a biomedical startup
Summer Environmental Internship (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 14, 2014
This job was an summer and winter break internship while I was in college. The job itself was incredible because it left me with a unique perspective among my classmates of just how much a "simple" environmentally friendly fix could be. Being able to learn the workings of corporate life while finding a way to convince management that the money required is worth spending on environmental programs was a valuable experience.
great place to work for most departments
SENIOR QA DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CaliforniaMarch 13, 2014
Great place to work.
Executive officers are great leaders and it trickles down the organization.

EXCEPTIONS (my opinion is mostly biased on rumors) :

IT department seems to have lots of infighting and the top level management is very political.

I've heard that the customer service department will only hire people who are known by other customer service employees.

Facilities department is very demanding and will get rid of people who are not hard workers.
Pros
corporate culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genomic Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2