Genova Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Flexible hours but poorly managed company
Molecular Biologist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 26, 2016
The lab has very flexible hours. Unfortunately this is the only advantage to working at Genova. Good for hiring those who have little to no experience (college grads but no experience) but the pay reflects it. Benefits too are poor. Company has 2 US locations. Atlanta location bought out and the favoritism of the NC location is heavily seen. Not much opportunity to move up. As far as the lab, most people et a couple years experience and move on.
Great people but terrible management
Lab technician II (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 22, 2016
I love the flexibility of the job and they are very great at accommodating with your schedule. The people are great but the management is terrible, the pay is unfair, and advancement take awhile. The don't recognize hierarchy and they don't really listens to the tech that does a majority of the job. Some people that work in terms of management don't do their jobs thereby making other people suffer for their lack of work. And they don't reward you with bonuses after all the hard work
Pros
Flexibility, great people
Cons
Not enough pay, terrible managment from higher uppers
Awful management
Laboratory Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 28, 2016
Management was awful. Once Metametrix Clinical Laboratory was acquired by Genova Diagnostics many managers were fired for scandalous reasons. Bad work environment.
Good for Experience
Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 10, 2016
It is a good place to start out for your first lab job. Gain as much knowledge as possible while you are here. There are fun things to look forward to, such a lab week in May every year.
kind of a relaxed environment - good for new grads
lab technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 4, 2015
Shift hours were flexible but the pay is not great. You can make a little bit of overtime to make ends meet. Management has poor leadership skills - poor communication skills both written and oral. Training is lousy, It is like they put anybody in charge with college degree. Management then would hire family and friends and give them the more favorable positions. My Ex- boss come to work at 10 am in the morning, take an hour lunch from 12-1 come back and take two 15 minute breaks and then leave at 5- that is only a total of 27.5 hours a week.
Most of the Co-workers were OK but you had to be careful because you had some that would stab you in the back.

A typical day include processing stool samples into the computer, making labels for vials and making big samples into small samples by pouring them off. Work was really easy but boring. You are allowed to listen to music while you work so that help pass the time.

Hopefully with the new CEO things will change for the better. Sometimes the customers's sample would get lose or mislabeled so maybe he at least fix this part of the company
Pros
Flexible hours, work is easy
Cons
Very low tuition assistance 500 a semester, poor training regiments, managers with weak leaderships skills, poor pay
Enjoyed working with my fellow employees
Report Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 7, 2015
We printed the medical reports, scanned & shipped them. Easy atmosphere in which to work. Organization was an important part of the work.
Pros
Hours were 8:30 to 5:00 with some overtime
Cons
Put work behind when printers did not work or computer went down.
Good job for recent graduates only!
Tech (Former Employee) –  AtlSeptember 19, 2015
Management sucks at this place! Pay sucks compared to the amount of work they expect from you. Some supervisors don't know what they are doing, what's going on in the lab, etc and still find time to have a bad attitude. It's stressful and so not worth it. Only good for recent graduates to gain experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, a lot of things are swept under the rug, inexperienced supervisors
Great employee culture and open communication across levels
Lab Support Services Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 1, 2015
I love working at Genova. All employees are taken care of and kept up do date on any and all structural developments. All employees are encouraged to engage with and help develop process improvements. This is not a top down kind of place. All employees on all levels are valued along with their input in all matters.
Pros
Great people, transparency from management.
Excellent environment to further your knowledge, spirit and health
Microbiology Laboratory Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 14, 2015
What more can you say? This company not only approaches a whole health approach in the clinical sciences to its patients, but extends that very same philosophy to its employees as well.
Pros
Excellent people, opportunity to cross train and advance, high technology
medical administration
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Duluth, Ga.April 12, 2015
A great place to work at the start, laid back atmosphere,good salary and good benefits. But then the office shifted locations to there North Carolina office and we were all laid off. Without notice, they are truly focusing on moving there operatons there.
Pros
laid back, good salary
Cons
Atlanta location will probably close soon
Great opportunity to gain science related experience
Microbiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 9, 2014
I have gained a lot of experience at Genova, however, management is not very organized and there is not much opportunity to grow. In addition, compensation is not equivalent to the demands of the position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Benefits, Compensation, Communication
Good place to get a good start
Materials and Shipping Planner (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 1, 2014
This is a great place to begin your career or launch your next career step.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Great company who cares about their employees.
3rd Party A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 5, 2014
Learned a lot about the industry employed in this position. Would like to have had more training. Company is great with some wonderful employees and good benefits.
Okay place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 1, 2014
Genova is an okay place to work. I'm satisfied with the work most of the time.
Great reference laboratory with awesome intangibles
Laboratory Technician II (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 17, 2013
After having worked at Genova Diagnostics for six years, I can truly say it was the best employer I have ever had. My time there was beneficial both for the people I had the chance to work with and the skills I was able to hone. The best part about working at Genova was the schedule where I was able to work a Monday-Friday 1st shift after only 3 years. My management was very personable and always tried to keep the department working together in a positive and motivated atmosphere. The hardest part of the job may be the amount of free time we enjoyed when our testing was incubating, the amount of down time was sometimes too much. I definitely enjoyed getting to know the people I worked with and became friends with many. I would highly recommend Genova to anyone looking to work in the medical laboratory field that wants to work in a specialized company that tries to keep its employees happy.
Pros
Coworkers, schedule
Cons
downtime
Excellent company to work for
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 31, 2012
I really felt great working for Genova Diagnostics. The people there were like family to me. The hours and days were flexible, no holiday or overtime work was required. The pay was somewhat less than the same job in a hospital would be but the flexibility of hours made up for it. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
less pay than at a hospital
Poor management and constant financial crises
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 23, 2012
A good company but when I was there the manager in my department was a basket case. They at least believe in paying a decent salary.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
chaotic management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genova Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5