Gentex Corporation

Gentex Corporation Employer Reviews

Ok at times
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Zeeland, MIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: bad leaders, mandatory weekends
Decent work feels like you should get payed a little more for the work that you have to do but over all the pay is okay. Management if a joke the only time i ever say my boss was when he was reprimanding someone.There was mandatory over time every Saturday and Sunday as well so it left little time to do anything besides work.
production line
production support, group leader (Current Employee), zeeland MichiganMarch 18, 2015
Working with a group of people is all about team work and getting the job done together. At Gentex i learned that its helpful to communicate with one another in order to get the job done correctly. listening skills and paying attention to what your doing and how is helpful as well. i enjoyed working there, and i learned a lot of helpful skills.
best place ever
final assembly (Former Employee), Holland, MIMarch 11, 2015
Learning new things every day was a typical day. the management was okay depending on the shift you worked. The co workers were okay as well just kind of depending on the group. It kind of felt like high school all over again. I can definitely say that if I could I would go back and I would of never quit.
Gentex was a good company to work for
HR/Payroll (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 12, 2015
My day started at 8am until 5 pm. I oversaw payroll and my staff were very well educated on how to process payroll. I enjoyed my time there.
Not What I thought it would be
Product Support Engineer (Current Employee), Zeeland MIJanuary 6, 2015
Gentex is a company that is spoken very highly of. Maybe its just the department I was placed in, but I have not been treated very well. It seems I was set up for failure from the start. Don't let this review turn you away from a career at Gentex just take this as Proceed with caution warning.
Innovative and Competative
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Zeeland, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: bonuses/401k-5% match
Cons: long hours
Working at Gentex was fun. They were always (and still are) coming up with ways to improve and produce their product.

Their benefits are pretty good. 401k, profit sharing, stock, etc..

A great place to start your working career.
Good starting up type job
POD Assembler (Former Employee), Zeeland, MIDecember 28, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: young bosses with little or no experience.
A typical day is going to your assembly line and then shifting left or right 2-3 feet every 2-3 hours then break then repeat. I have learned that getting bonuses every quarter is a good motivator to stay working there. Management is a lot of young kids that get power for the first time with us being their experiment. Most of my co-workers are friendly. We talk about general things in life and what we are going to do with the next bonus. The hardest part of the job was hitting over rate (100) and then rate would go higher (125) and higher (150) and then hitting (100) would then us frowned upon because we didn't do everything perfectly. The most enjoyable part was the bonus.
Easily one of the best places to work!
Operator (Current Employee), Zeeland, MIDecember 7, 2014
A simple review and the most important factors to me.

Gentex has allowed me to provide for my wife. I have benefits and a consistent schedule. I'm grateful for everything they have offered and to be honest, I love the company. The quarterly bonus is just icing on the cake.
HR and Reception
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Dudley, MAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: stock options, 401k match
Cons: office no windows, many temp. positions
A typical day at work requires half the day at the reception location. This is great, as there is a view of out doors and get to meet and see new people every day. The phones, paging and computer business process done at the same time makes the morning go by very quickly.
The afternoon is short with lots to do, the back office offers less interest of activity, but less distraction, to complete the days needs.
Very demanding and sometimes rewarded.
Process Technician (Current Employee), Carbondale, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: pizza parties
Cons: 12-shifts
Like the job and what I do,Management and Support are very slow at solving issues on the production floor,not very educated and hardly ever solve problems.It would be people like myself with the experience to solve most of the issues.
Well established organization
Planning Manager (Current Employee), Carbondale, PAJune 1, 2014
Pros: focus on improvement
Cons: location
Dynamic work environment , Continuous improvement methodologies focused on lean implementations. Owner of company one of the best I 've seen, a great compassionate person. Co-workers are like family. Only hard part is the drive from Riddlesburg to Simpson 250 miles one way. Most enjoyable parts of the job are the people I get to work with and the constant kiazan activity towards improvement.
A fast pase warehouse job
optics (Former Employee), Carbondale, PAMay 2, 2014
i learned how to cut lences for goggles and check over the lences for cracks
hard place to work
lens inspector (Former Employee), MAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: benefits were good and the money
Cons: breaks and 12 hour shift
some managers are nice others not same goes with co workers everyone is not treated equal bad communication with everyone hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts and trying to focus... took all our bonuses away.
overall great work experience
parts room mgr. Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Carbondale, Pa.January 28, 2014
Pros: benefits with opportunities
Cons: very few to mention
Worked my way through company.
Everyday was full of challenges, always thriving to improve product and work environment. Had various opportunity for management positions.

My relationships at work were something I looked forward to everyday.
VERY PRODUCTIVE
TECHNICIAN, TRAINER (Former Employee), Carbondale, PAJanuary 14, 2014
It was your typical factory job 5 days a week for 8 hours a day. I loved the job it was easy to learn and be crossed trained in different areas. After a while it became monotonous and lagging. I definitely needed a more fast paced fun place to work.
Solid growth company
Sr. Sales Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 19, 2013
Very demanding job with lots of travel. Customer focused company and good teamwork within headquarters.
Fantastic diverse organization.
Director of Research & Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Carbondale, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: diversity of the products and size of the laboratory.
Cons: difficult environment when so dependent on suppliers.
You could have lunch with the owners on a daily basis. The personnel worked together for a common goal. The broad diversity of technologies deployed by the organization for the size was phenomenal. Laser dyes, Laser protection, combat ground helmets, Air Helmets, Uniforms, Padding, microphones, fire protective wear, textile weaving operation and many other unique technologies.
Very structured and organized culture and operation
Director of Research & Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Houston, PASeptember 14, 2013
Pros: all is good at cycam!
Cons: none.
You could eat off of the floor in this operation (literally!) The President provided any resources that you would ever need to be successful. Very structured and detailed oriented operation. Personnel were great!
I an a quick learner and get along very well with others also I like the outdoors like fishing hunting and camping
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Carbondale, Pa 18407July 22, 2013
Gentex optics manufactured eye glass lenses and other type of visores for comercial and military useage.Most work included repairing 300 ton hydraulic presses and packaging equipment due to company downsizeing many of us were left go.Being a new hire it was a challengeing job I worked night shift 700pm-700am the only problem we had minimal axcess to a lot of parts that may be needed for repairs.
produtive workplace
lens inspector (Former Employee), Dudley, MAJune 30, 2013
Pros: dinner at christmas time
Cons: working the 12 hour shifts
everything had to be in order with very few mistakes we had big contractes which guidelines needed to be meet they also had dinners for us at christmas the hardest part of the job was the 12 hour shifts.

About Gentex Corporation

When it comes to your career, take a good look in the mirror. Consider Gentex Corporation, the world's leading auto-dimming – Read more

Gentex Corporation Salaries