SUMMARY: The Mechanical Engineer, Power Generation, will design thermoelectric power generation devices for industrial applications and the automotive industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in a new Thermo Electric Generator product design suited for medium to high volume production processes including metal forming and joining.
- Prepare CAD models, drawings, and revisions on SolidWorks including: Assembly drawings, detail drawings, exploded views and bill of material.
- Evaluate production methods and processes, establish components and assembly costs.
- Design and set up assembly tooling, fixtures, and test setups.
- Prepare standard operating procedures for system assemblies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position could eventually have supervisory responsibility for a CAD draftsman/technician.
- Excellent knowledge of SolidWorks
- Experience in metal forming techniques (stamping, forging, deep drawing, etc.)
- Good knowledge of joining processes (welding, brazing, soldering, etc.)
- Tooling and fixture design
- Product design for medium to large production
- Experience in heat transfer and/or thermoelectric materials
- Basic Finite Element Analysis (thermal stress, thermal expansion)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering with 3 years experience in mechanical designs of medium to mass produced devices.
Ability to read and write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Permanent authorization to work in the United States is required.