Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services Employer Reviews

Certified Nursing Assistant 10+ years
Hospice Aide (Former Employee), Newnan GaMarch 13, 2015
Great Benefits, alot of paper work. see your patients and paper work and you will have no issuse there is nothing more I can say.
epitomy of unprofessional
PT (Former Employee), YoungsvilleMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nice patients
Cons: expected to complete tasks that you are not reimbursed for
1. pressure to complete OASIS to make patient look worse at start and better at discharge to skew the data.
2. Mileage reimbursement low and never what you document.
3. When a start of care is only one visit, pressure to treat patient more than necessary and you are not paid for the work completed.
4. When you are assigned a patient that you do not see, no pay, but you are expected to call MD, document, yet no pay for this.
Amazing
Caregiver (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2015
Taking care of the patients is something hard to do but everyone that is working around you made it a little easier when someone was in their final stages of life.
ok
Records Coordinator / Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: learning new things.
Cons: the conflict between home office and my office
I loved the job. A typical day - I would get all billing done first , take care of orders (sending the out to MD's to get them sign), ordering supplies (laptops, office supplies, medical supplies). opening mail and scanning to home office so that the vendors would get paid. I also handed all hiring paperwork for new hires. This included background check, and keep HR files up to date with license. I also helped out the other two manager with anything that they wanted me to do as well.

My coworkers were fine and I would say that we got a long great. The management in the office was good but the home office and my office could not agree on anything. I was told to do my job one way by my manager and another by the home office and I was stuck in the middle. I would say trying to please the home office , my manger, the other two mangers and all the office and field employees all at the same time was the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working together to get the job done.
New Branch Director seems to care about her employees
Nurse (Current Employee), Everett, Wa.March 10, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: home health has too much documentation. ipad is not great for charting.
This has become a more unified office. We can ask anyone for help and don't hear "That's not my job and that's not my team".
We have a strong field clinicians and the management are hiring the right people. We love our team and the people we work with.
a real learning experience
Certified Home Health Aide and Homemaker (Former Employee), Greenfield, MAMarch 9, 2015
I learned so much at this job - it was the beginning of my career in home healthcare. I had many good supervisors over the years and learned about how to help care for clients in their homes. It was challenging work, but very rewarding personally. I developed a lot of self confidence in this job.
Disorganized
LPN (Former Employee), GeorgiaMarch 7, 2015
Pros: flexibilitythat comes along with home health
Cons: pay, mileage, management, high turnover
The company is disorganized, there are a lot of things going on with the pay, basically it's never right, the mileage is always off, and I discovered that my visits were rearranged so that the amount for mileage would be less. You are never in one area so there is NO continuity of care. HIGH turnover!!.
Busy place but the staff gets along well and helps each other
Healthcare Manager Extern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2015
Pros: very professional
Cons: extremely busy
Gentiva Hospice is a very busy but productive cooperation. I worked at Gentiva as an extern and this made it possible for me to see how all of the departments functioned. One of the most important lessons I learned while working as a healthcare manager extern was that at times managers have to make quick assessments of difficult situations and choose the best decision based on the information they have. I also learned that in order to be successful a manager must know what goes on in each of the departments. The management team at Gentiva took great care in knowing the duties of the employees and the employees. This action caused the employees to have great respect for Gentiva’s management. This company deals with death on a daily basis and that can be hard but when you receive a thank you note from a family member you remember why this job is so important
Built a successful hospice program
Executive Director (Current Employee), Farmington, MOMarch 2, 2015
I have learned alot during my career with Gentiva from the clinical side of the things all the way to financials and human resources.
Terrible place to work
Executive Director (Former Employee), West Allis, WIMarch 1, 2015
Completely unrealistic expectations and poorly run. To much turnover, to much micromanagement at the corporate level and sales is allowed to manipulate how patients are admitted.
Coworker compatability
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaFebruary 28, 2015
Worked with a group of wonderful co workers and Physicians.
The schedule was conducive to my lifestyle, THe benefits package was cost effective for me and my family.
No training, New company bought the company
Collector (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: hours: 7-3:30
Cons: healthcare, no advancements
Like the work. I like researching, calling payors when the claims are not paid correctly.

New company bought us and don't know what is going to happen
Productive and very comfortable environment
Quality Assurance and Software Tester (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: employees are encouraged to work outside of their comfort zone.
Cons: they only had room for contract employees to assist in an assignment.
I overall loved working for this company. I learned and experienced allot as a QA and Software Tester. I had the privilege to uphold majority of the responsibilities and work with very friendly coworkers. My manager was great, she is very straight forward and understanding. She believed in giving employees room to advance and encourage employees to suggest new ideas that may contribute to the company advancement. The hardest part of the job was the assignment ending and the fact I honestly miss working with my former coworkers. To this day we all remain in contact which is great.
middle and upper management are crooked
RN case manager (Former Employee), KingsportFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fellow field clinicians
Cons: incompetent management who retaliate with lies when they are confronted
Horrible turn over. Management constantly lies and make rules up as the go. Underhanded, backstabbing. Never supports clinical staff. Do not work for this company. Management work you like dogs but refuse to go out and help. Known for firing staff who have been with company for years
a team work environment
Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Answering a multi phone line from 8 - 5pm. Working from a spreadsheet of missing information for patient chart, called hospitals and doctor offices to obtain signed documents for patient charts.
This position is a minimum supervised position. The most challenging part of the job was getting doctors to sign older documents. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing out a patient chart with all completed documents signed.
Not a good place to work any more.
RN Case Manager, (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 18, 2015
Poor management and no job security. Money is the bottom line here. Not a patient oriented place to work any more. For profit healthcare, not for patient healthcare.
I loved the people I worked with and my patients
LPN (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: my friends at work
Cons: no time for anything else
I really loved what I did. I loved the staff and of course my patients. I had little or no time with my own family as my job was all consuming of my time.
Kind and caring work atmoshpere!
Volunteer Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers were very helpful and productive.
Cons: not enough staff.
Gentiva gave me the tools to engage my inner knowledge obtained from college and also provided a clear pathway to help me in my success.
Fun place to work
Employee Services Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: flexibility
Good co workers staff that works as a team for the good of all the employees within the organization. A real since of urgency to employee issues to resolution.
Disorganized with a side of attitude
No idea what job description was. (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: unprofessional, degrading comments, severely disorganized
I've never experienced a company that shows no direction at all to new employees. The majority of my experience was sitting behind a desk wasting the company's money doing nothing because there is absolutely no training. I had no idea what my job description was because the girl training me did not have the time to train me, nor the patience for it. There would have been plenty of time to train a new person or give some sort of direction but smoke breaks and gossiping about the other employees in the office took priority. I have never seen anything more disorganized and sadly, on my first week there, I heard so much negative talk about other employees and how the company was going to shut down due to a company merge. Unwelcoming to say the least and they need someone that is open to training, instead of giving an awful attitude anytime a question is asked. I wish I would have read a review like this to save me from the hassle of the experience, although, I know I'm not the only one that has had this kind of experience in this office. If you are going to work here, make sure you can read minds and that you don't ask any questions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services is a gentle giant. As one of the nation's largest home health care and hospice services firms, the company – Read more

Gentiva Health Services Photos