Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great oportunities, hard to have good work/life balance as fulltime RN
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 12, 2016
Loved the patients and their families and helping bring support to them. Support team was awesome and hard working. Expectations were high to see patients and document and follow through on all changes in allowed time. Did receive compensation for documentation time, just hard to have time for life outside of work, documenting, and being on-call. Very thorough orientation.
Pros
opportunities for service, great relationships with patients, families, and care team members
Cons
didn't feel support from management to balance work/ life, company unable to hire and maintain enough nursing staff
Big Company, big heads
Home Health LPN (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 28, 2016
This company used to be great to work for until it went under new management. Then as usual everyone thought they knew what was best and forgot the real reason why nurses have jobs...patients!!! There was so much extra stuff and micromanaging that it was nearly impossible to take proper care of your patients. Sad. If the management changed I would go back in a heartbeat. The rest of the staff was AMAZING!
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
management, not a "defined" area you worked in, changed according to how people in charge felt about you ;(
Assisted living
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 7, 2016
I had the pleasure of working with clients in their daily living activities. It is important in the healthcare services that clients are being treated with respect at all times. The company made a point to match healthcare workers based on clients' needs emotionally and physically. The hardest part of the job was when a client has a bad day. The enjoyable part is creating and sharing positive moments.
Pros
Seniors are able to live in the comfort of their homes
Difficult for sales team to anticipate care giver potential
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2016
Most work appears to be getting as much medicare business as possible under the guise of "what's best for the patient" . No chain of command. If sales reps didn't like doing what they were trained to do the usual reaction was to complain to top management. Top management let this happen and did a poor job of communicating this information.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Sales Bonus tied to ability of Nurses and therapists completing care which happened infrequently
Profit is all they care about
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  RGVJune 30, 2016
Horrible place to work. Unethical managers whose job is to profit and cut expenses at the expense of patient care. They demand employees only have 40 hrs at the end of the week yet call you and demand you see extra patients. Members of the sales team are paid in excess of 100k per year while the nurses and aides are doing all the hard work and grossly underpaid and bully them into working OT yet won't pay you for it. Shows you where their primary interests are. Sales reps are given large monthly bonuses and take referral sources out to eat at the best restaurants in town all on the company dime while aides and nurses struggle to find time to eat a decent lunch. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
Unethical business practices, patient care takes the back seat
Horrible Place
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALMay 2, 2016
Worked there for 6 months, volunteered for extra hours to try and help out because they were so short-staffed; then when things got tough, they started cutting jobs. Management is horrible, only look out for themselves. Director has no loyalty to anyone but herself! Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!
Pros
Good co-workers, bad managers.
Cons
12 hour days, multiple expectations, no appreciation, then expected to pull call.
Nope.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 22, 2016
Gentiva is the worst job I've ever had. If you want to be overworked, underpaid, undermined, and other negatives...this is the place to be. Training is inadequate, people seem to operate in cliques, no stable manager, turnover is RIDICULOUS. I left on good terms but I'd NEVER go back there!!
Pros
Cons
Pay, schedule (working almost every weekend), back stabbing coworkers, terrible training
Great coworkers, entitled management
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 19, 2016
Truly value my time with coworkers out there trying to give the best experience to hospice patients and their families. The case managers generally try and take care of each other but burn out is evident. Morale is low and this is because management will threaten you, pile on more work, and never rescue their staff when overload happens. Text messages with all caps, multiple exclamation points, and innuendo do not a happy staff make.
Pros
Good pay, autonomy, loving field staff
Cons
management that have no intention of leaving the safety of their desks to provide support
Great company but as a nurse you have NO LIFE outside of work
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NCApril 19, 2016
Management and company are great but you have no personal life outside of work. You see patients all day then go home and document for hours at a time. Their form of communication is all e-mail so you better be on your tablet all the time or it gets lost in the shuffle. The benefits here are phenomenal though, lots to choose from, they even offer pet insurance which has been great. The only thing I would change is their communication style. Pick up a phone and call someone during the day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad work life balance
Office staff always gets their hours, field staff, if its slow go home unpaid.
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 29, 2016
Worked their for many years, constant management change, managers acted like high school kids with their clicks, luckily my pts loved me. The plus side of this job flexible, nice coworkers and lovely pts who made my day.Benefits and pay were good enough to put up with the bad management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expensive benefits and sometimes hours cut short
Productive and professional place to work
Staffing Coordinator/payroll (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2016
Great place to work, multitasking is a must in this field. Works with clients and providers on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference when it comes to my clients. The hardest part is keeping up with all the daily issues that you have to deal with on a daily basis. My co-workers are very professional even when we a rough day. We do have our ups and downs but we can always move pass it and move forward for a better tomorrow.
Pros
Great pay & fun eviroment
Cons
Hard to get time off to handle your personal matters
Family Oriented
Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
The staff within the agency environment is family oriented and warming. Visiting terminally ill patients and meeting patients are rewarding but can be emotionally draining I have learned to maintain boundaries with patients as as well as staff. Management commit to open communication with staff member if there are any suggestions or issues regarding patients. the most difficult part of the job is traveling between patient visits during peak times of traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing emotional and social support to patients and families.
Pros
weekly interdisciplinary team meetings/ (discussions)
Cons
emotionally draining
Great workplace with very good management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 24, 2016
This workplace was one of my favorite. Excellent manager who was honest and appropriate with staff and delegation. Taught me excellent nursing skills that I continue to use to this day. Would not have left this company if I would not have moved to Florida, and was able to move to full time. Would strongly consider working for this company again.
Competent RN -admitting Nurse in home health and accomplishing OASIS accurately per state standard policy
RN - Start Of Care /Admitting Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 31, 2016
> Does 3 start of care in a day and complete documentation on time per Medicare ruling.
> Hardest part of the Job is documentation and coordination
> Most enjoyable part of my Job is meeting different people in all walks of life and able to help them to cope up with their illnesses or any health problems within the scope of responsibilities.
Your job is your life
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Albany, MSMarch 27, 2016
The money is good but the work is all consuming. You have ridiculously difficult patient loads then spend your evening doing the paper work. You are required to do your mandatory training on your own time at home. They just pile more and more work on the staff and offer very little help.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
There is no limit to what your supposed to do in a work day, the office is very hands off with patient care, they offer very little assist with high patient loads and do not have a clue when enough is enough
Gentiva is a wonderful place to work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2016
Gentiva cares about their employees and the patients they serve. The pay is not great, but is competitive. My co-worker are wonderful. The hardest part of the job is the driving, I put about 150 miles on my car a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patients.
Pros
Work independently.
Cons
Not consistent with hours of work.
Enjoyed the challenges and the patients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2016
I managed an average of 12 cases at a time where home visits occupied the majority of my work day. I enjoyed working with our patients and assisting their family with their home health care. The doctors relied on my knowledge and expertise to keep them advised of our patient's progress and to clearly describe their state of health in order for the doctors to prescribe the necessary medications and treatment program.
It's a great place to work
Payroll and Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 27, 2016
Love doing what I do with the team I do it with. It really a wonderful company to work for. It's lots of laughs with lots of hard work. We typically have 100 referrals a day to get entered in a timely manner for 24 branches. Its hard work, bt at the end of the day we manage to get the job done.
Pros
Eating
Cons
Raises
Excellent job, decent benefits, complex work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMarch 10, 2016
Love the autonomy and allowance to provide necessary service to the client. That however is restricted by poor work/life balance d/t extensive documentation often needing completion at home during family time. Must be available, weekends, holidays and on call. High turn over d/t stress, must have good organization skills to succeed. Clinicians are amazing and supportive, management is supportive but distant and often does not understand circumstances and stress.
Getting to set my own schedule with my clients at our convenience and see a change for the better in their lives and know that I was a huge part of that change.
Pros
Automony
Cons
Benefits recently reduced, unpredictable pay, Autonomy often means you are on your own totally
Great Pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for Home Health. It became very stressful and overwhelming because of the Office Manager who had a terrible attitude. There was a lot of responsibility placed on me as far as office work and not enough hours in the work day to get everything done.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
short breaks

2.7