Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services United States Employee Reviews

Home health company with pleasant co-workers
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: driving in city traffic everyday
A typical work day involves driving to patients' homes, who cannot easily leave their homes for doctor visits, to address their health care needs.
I have learned a lot about wound care and delivering patient education to all different types of patient populations.
The management team at Gentiva is very hard-working.
The co-workers on the healthcare team are amazing clinicians. They include physical therapists and assistants, occupational therapists and assistants, speech therapists, medical social worker, and home health aides.
The hardest part of the job is driving in city traffic during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all different kinds of people and getting to know them over a long period during their home health needs versus just getting to care for a patient a day or two in acute care.
Pleasant coworkers but too much disorganization.
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee), Georgetown, TxApril 25, 2015
Pros: flexible, understanding coworkers
Cons: unrealistic expectations from management
Typical office setting. Very pleasant coworkers. The company was in the middle of buying out another company. There were a lot of changes in a short period of time. I did not feel the chaos that it was causing was going to be getting better anytime soon. I was also concerned that, had I stayed with the job, I would not be able to keep up with the changes and would loose my job. I feel that the company is a good, solid company to work for, but was not for me at that time.
easy going staff
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: discounts on items
Cons: a lot of customers to serve before closing
i learned how to organize things a lot better my co workers easy to get along with hardest part having a lot of customers at night most enjoyable part getting discounts on items.
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Turnover
I enjoy working for a great company that gets to provide such great care to their patients. I have a great passion for Hospice.
great place to work
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee), Kerrville, TexasApril 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: High employee turnover
Making a difference in people's lives..one person at a time. Helping people during the most sensitive and intimate journey during end of life.
Fellow staff talented and compassionate
Social Worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2015
Pros: Busy work and dynamic environment
Cons: Unforeseen events is the nature of the work and difficult to manage at times.
Working in hospice social work means every day is full of unforeseen events. I learned life is short; patients never discussed money but only the love for their family or spouse and wished for more time with them. Co-workers were among the most caring and compassionate in the field. The hardest part was seeing the grief experienced by the family. The most enjoyable was to be a part of someone's life especially if they had no family.
productive fun environment
Gentiva hospice-Hospice Aide (Former Employee), virginia beach , virginiaApril 17, 2015
very easy going, work flow was very good, communication was great, enjoy going to work everyday. really nice coworkers management was ok
GENTIVA/KINDRED IS RESPECTABLE PLACE TO WORK
RN field case manager (Current Employee), tYLER, tEXASApril 15, 2015
I am field case manager, who sees approximately 4-6 pts a day and complete the oasis as well as do admissions, recerts, discharges, N SCIC, AS WELL AS WOUND CARE
the most f#$%#$ up company
Site Revenue Coordinator (Current Employee), Maumee, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great CoWorkers
Cons: poor management, huge staff turnover, no direction form the company
This company changes names every few years because they are bought out. They have horrible management. No direction from the company. Don't ever work here. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
Chaplaincy
Chaplain/Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2015
Pros: Type of service rendered
Cons: corporaate level decisions
I very much enjoyed my position as bereavement coordinator and would have remained in this position if I had not been laid off due to declining census.
productive workplace and good co workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: schedule felxable and able to take a lunch
Cons: time at home you had to use to finish job.
Get report from RN supervisor on why you are seeing patient and setting time to see patient. People are welcoming to a healthcare team willing to keep them at home and out of hospital. Some management approachable and others not, had to learn when and how to approach some people. Co worker there were the best sometimes working for many RN's in one day great communication. Time spent at home finishing your job charting and making sure everything correct before submitting to office. Most enjoyable job I have ever had making patients feel like they are part of a team that is willing to do what needs to be done to help them.
Average
Vice President- North Central (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Very autonomous in every day work activities. They allow for the field executives to manage their business with little support from the central office.
Unfortunately, high performance is not rewarded which results in mediocrity throughout the organization.
It's a laid back company to work for
Claims Analyst-Gentiva (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 29, 2015
It's a good company that's very high on quality of the work then productivity and you don't find that at a lot of companies.
Loved the job - management inexperienced
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Summersville, WVMarch 27, 2015
Pros: casual atmosphere
Cons: lots of overtime
I loved working here - but management was inexperienced...perhaps that has changed with time.

This was a "9-5"position with great co-workers. I was required to put in a lot of overtime...a lot of overtime...
Dedicated Professional environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: benefits
A typical day would be traveling to a persons home or facility and performing activities of daily living on a patient. I have learned that every family is different as far as dealing with grief.

The management is very dedicated and communicative. My co-workers are team players. The hardest part of the job is caring for a loved one and they pass away. But the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the families and they appreciate everything you did for their loved one.
Certified Nursing Assistant 10+ years
Hospice Aide (Former Employee), Newnan GaMarch 13, 2015
Great Benefits, alot of paper work. see your patients and paper work and you will have no issuse there is nothing more I can say.
epitomy of unprofessional
PT (Former Employee), YoungsvilleMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nice patients
Cons: expected to complete tasks that you are not reimbursed for
1. pressure to complete OASIS to make patient look worse at start and better at discharge to skew the data.
2. Mileage reimbursement low and never what you document.
3. When a start of care is only one visit, pressure to treat patient more than necessary and you are not paid for the work completed.
4. When you are assigned a patient that you do not see, no pay, but you are expected to call MD, document, yet no pay for this.
Amazing
Caregiver (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2015
Taking care of the patients is something hard to do but everyone that is working around you made it a little easier when someone was in their final stages of life.
ok
Records Coordinator / Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: learning new things.
Cons: the conflict between home office and my office
I loved the job. A typical day - I would get all billing done first , take care of orders (sending the out to MD's to get them sign), ordering supplies (laptops, office supplies, medical supplies). opening mail and scanning to home office so that the vendors would get paid. I also handed all hiring paperwork for new hires. This included background check, and keep HR files up to date with license. I also helped out the other two manager with anything that they wanted me to do as well.

My coworkers were fine and I would say that we got a long great. The management in the office was good but the home office and my office could not agree on anything. I was told to do my job one way by my manager and another by the home office and I was stuck in the middle. I would say trying to please the home office , my manger, the other two mangers and all the office and field employees all at the same time was the hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working together to get the job done.
New Branch Director seems to care about her employees
Nurse (Current Employee), Everett, Wa.March 10, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: home health has too much documentation. ipad is not great for charting.
This has become a more unified office. We can ask anyone for help and don't hear "That's not my job and that's not my team".
We have a strong field clinicians and the management are hiring the right people. We love our team and the people we work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services is a gentle giant. As one of the┬ánation's largest home health care and hospice services firms, the company – Read more

Gentiva Health Services Salaries