Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

interesting new expierience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 18, 2017
Home health is unlike anything I have ever worked before , Oasis was big change from MDS, but I loved it. Seeing people in their homes and the different cultures and settings were refreshing
Pros
working on your own
Cons
alot of paperwork
Great Manager's
MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
Working at Gentiva was a huge learning curve. Although I had worked in collections before I had not worked collections for Medicare/Medicaid payers and for a home health and hospice company. The work is very rewarding because of the business line and type of patients the business handled.
November 18, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to provide the best support to our Gentiva team members. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITm

Good place to work for experienced person
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 8, 2017
Home Health Care of all types. Lab draws, PT/INR testing. Wound Care, Patient and Family teaching.
What I learned was the need for education for the average person with and without medical background.
Management of time was a major factor in this position. Management at the facility was good,
The work place culture was mixed.
The hardest part of job was time management and attending meetings while trying to conduct patient schedules and care.
Not being micromanaged.
Pros
Working alone, yet having someone to call if needed
Cons
long drives without pay
November 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us.

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITd

Productive work enviornment
Senior Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 1, 2017
-Great work environment with great management and co-workers

-Worked with Manager and Data Analysts to use application programs, data queries and reports to load and extract data as required
Pros
Work enviornment & co-workers
Cons
N/a
November 2, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

Good patient care great nurses
Visit LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Very condescending management. And very unsupportive of their employees. Concentration on improving the census not on improving patient care. Coworkers in the field are very nice but the management in the office are cutthroat.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Cutthroat management
November 2, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Gentiva. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Very High Paced
Medical Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 28, 2017
Very busy work place when I was there, they had let go several employees with down-sizing & the job duties were then split up between all of us that remained causing a bit of a strain on the work environment. The field staff was amazing, a wonderful bunch of people to work with. The office manager was great- she was given so many duties to perform, but she handled it all very well. Management was new just before I left, so I cannot really speak to that affect. I felt very happy & like I had a purpose at that company for the most part & enjoyed my time with the company overall.
Pros
Plenty of PTO, Great Benefits
Cons
Lots of Down-sizing & lay-offs
October 30, 2017

Typical work day
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 27, 2017
Consisted of 3 or 4 different home visits to provide care with assessments, medication, wound care, treatments. Teaching and education on any individual need.
Pros
Ablity to prioritize and manage visits
Cons
Wear and tear on car
October 30, 2017

Very fun and productive enviorment
Little Rock - volunteer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 17, 2017
As a volunteer i did not do as much as an employee but helping the residents enjoy every day was the best part of volunteering. painting nails, puzzles, bingo, and small activities they loved to do
October 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

A temporary job at best
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXOctober 13, 2017
Enjoyed the flexibility. Did not enjoy many other things about working for this company which became Kindred at Home a few months after I was hired. The particular office I worked for was very unprofessional, unorganized and rude. The pay was minimal with no reimbursement/compensation for gas/mileage, no benefits, no promotions.
October 14, 2017

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

ok job
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2017
Private duty care to effectively plan and manage patient goals. Teach patient and family members about disease process and home care. Communicate effectively with interprofessional team regarding patient's needs, changes, or needs to facilitate excellent patient care.
October 10, 2017

We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and the only way we can grow is to learn from our successes as well as our failures. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience and concerns from working with us. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Hated it here
Employee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 6, 2017
No altruism. Very cut throat and poor team management. Difficult to balance and all patients are just dollar signs. In all my time there were 4 directors no one stays long.
Pros
Cons
Corporate health care
October 8, 2017

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Willing to work with you.
Hospice Case Manager/Admission Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 4, 2017
Opportunity for advancement. Willing to work around your schedule Good people to work with. Keep the patient as our first priority. Company changed name to Kindred Hospice
Pros
The orientation process is very educational.
October 18, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate your sharing your feedback with us.

Internship
Medical Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALOctober 3, 2017
I worked at Gentiva as a Medical Office Intern this was part of my college internship I enjoyed the excellent staff and warm, welcoming environment what an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Hours

no no no
Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCOctober 2, 2017
Staff are worked very hard. lots of paperwork. no time for family. Upper management all about the dollar not the staff or the patients. Would not go back

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

For a mere volunteership, I felt I was a treasured employee.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I was only a volunteer, explaining why I gave Genitva minimum scores in compensation and job advancement. Can't very well promote a volunteer, now can you? That being said, I felt like I slotted very neatly into the small part of the company I joined. I felt more like a beloved intern than I did a disposable cog that worked for free.

In a typical day, I would make my way through the streets to the office, report to my manager, and be given a task or list of tasks to complete. Such tasks included organizing patient records and adding new documents to their files, assembling paperwork dockets, or running copies for the staff. Rarely, I'd be assigned a computer task, typically mass-producing mail-ready envelopes for the families of patients.

I didn't learn much, as I was only there for so brief a time, but I gained some minor computer skills and found a happiness in performing simple office tasks. It was a pleasant little dip into office life, and it makes me wish to return to it.

Management was typically quiet, as the tasks I was assigned needed very little supervision, but pleasant to speak to even in as cordial a situation as the office was. Everyone was a professional with a smile on their face. It was telling that there was not one single worker or manager who failed to hold a door open for anyone they came across.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with monotony when assembling dockets. Organize papers by number and then by colour, stack neatly, staple, repeat. It was a drone to be sure, but never actually difficult. In contrast, the most enjoyable part of
  more... the job was that on a grander scale. Adding patient documents to master files somehow turned assembly-line work into a hidden object game, always hunting for the indicator that tipped one off into where Ms. Someone's new paperwork slotted.

In summary, Gentiva was a pleasant job of simple tasks. If you're the sort of person that wants a volunteership but struggles with physical labour or otherwise needs a calm environment, you simply couldn't ask for better.
Pros
Simple duties and a pleasant atmosphere to the office, one of quiet efficiency without seeming mechanical.
Cons
Location was a pain to get to even with public transport, and certain tasks grew dull.
October 3, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience volunteering at Gentiva! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

Enjoyed the job and the patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 29, 2017
It was a learning experience for new and different techniques for in home care. Distance traveled to some patient locations was long and some were difficult to find.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
long drives and being on call
October 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

The patients felt the all disciplines were spending more time on charting in the home then actually treating patients needs and providing education.
Contract Home Health/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 28, 2017
I am experienced in electronic charting in the home healthcare setting with Kinnser, McKesson and Homecare Homebase. Gentiva has their own software and is twice the charting than any other home care company I have worked for. I recently was working with Gentiva in a contracting Registered Nurse position.
Cons
Double the Charting than another Homecare Software.
October 3, 2017

We value all feedback, good or bad, and strongly believe that our employees are the heart of our company. Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk through your concerns. Or you may choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Great people to work with
Executive Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 27, 2017
Good compassionate employees who cared about the quality of care they gave their patients. Care given as it should be in the hospice industry. Great teamwork
Pros
pay
October 3, 2017

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to provide the best support to our Kindred team members. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITm

Good
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 26, 2017
This was a good company to work for, benefits package was fair, pay was competitive and hours were good. Pto was available whenever needed as long as you had it available.
September 29, 2017

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITm

Too much stress. Work loads and deadlines were impossible to reach.
Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCSeptember 26, 2017
I have worked in stressful places of employment many times, but since home health agencies began to use the five star rating, I felt that the patients were not so much the priority anymore. It was one report after the other and the next report better look impressive or your work started to be questioned. The clinicians were always overwhelmed with visits even if they had already met their quotas. Nobody was happy.
Pros
The employees and the patients. Every once in a while a free lunch.
Cons
No breaks, eat your lunch at your desk while you are still working Unable to leave at 5pm.
September 29, 2017

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8