Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services Employer Reviews

Providing support to Patients/families in their time of need. was the most important part of my job.
Social Worker/Bereavement Coordinator (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the feeling that i was helpful to a patient or family member
Cons: excessive travel
I provided supportive counseling to patient's and their families regarding their feelings and the challenges of dealing with a life threatening illness. During the course of my work I learned a great deal from patients about how each individual copes. There have been multiple management changes over my tenure, their styles varied a great deal. My co-workers – more... were caring and compassionate frequently finding creative ways to assist patient's and their families.
The hardest part of the job had to be not finding options in some situations, even when using creative solutions. I found patient's/families expressing happiness to see me or relief upon my arrival to be the most gratifying. – less
Productive and interesting workplace
Human Resource clerical support (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: macromanagement, interacting with others is encouraged
Cons: not enough pay, no team-building moments/activities
*Good working environment
*Learned more about benefits and human resources
*Management leaves us to do our work and doesn't micromanage
*Co-workers are friendly
*Hardest part of job is some outdated methods of doing things
*The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with other depts within the company.
Leader in Home Health
Administrative Assistant (Multiple Roles) (Current Employee), Multiple locationsOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay
Cons: constant changes, no upward mobility
This is a fast paced job within the home health industry. Demands are high as well as attention to detail and flexibility. Company is in several transitions but is the nationwide leader in home health and hospice.
Family
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 3, 2014
I was blessed to work with a wonderful family. Gentiva cares about patients first.
Gentiva: Best job experience yet!
Gentiva Home Health Speech Pathologist (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons: documentation on your own time aside from the visit
Yes, I became introduced to home health in a more full time way with Gentiva and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Flexible schedule, co-workers that were easy to work with. Hardest part of the job was decreasing at home paperwork time....and documenting more in the home during the visit. But the most enjoyable part was the actual functional progress I felt – more... my patients achieve. – less
Typical day is customer collections and Insurance claim submittal
Billing/Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
There is anticipation for advancement and hard work daily. The potential to learn workforce and time management.
Flexible Job to run away from
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management, inconvenience of your time, too many issues not handle
This company is a mess. I work there as a contract because all of there full time staff quit and I see exactly why because the management is horrible. Plus the staff are so inconsiderate when It comes to your off time they will constantly call u throughout the evening for stupid stuff that could wait until the next day but they want to call or text – more... you about a patient at 8 and 9 at night. I hated this place I will never go back there. I know some of their full time staff wasn't not getting enough patients but they would swamp us and the prn staff because they didn't want us to leave.. So they don't look out for full time staff.. I've heard that other locations are great to work for but the one in Lawrenceville ran by a physical therapist is not the one.. I hope state go shut them down because it's a lot of unlawful things going on in that place. – less
Reimbursement Analyst Medicare
Medicare Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee), Melville, NYSeptember 25, 2014
* Responsible for designing and administering training implementation plans on a Regional and National Level
* Provided expertise/consultation in answering questions from administrative and field associates regarding policy/regulation/procedures/processes
* Proactively responded to negative trends in performance metrics (clinical outcomes, operational – more... measures, financial goals, field audit results, etc.) and assists location managers in the development of action plans to resolve local issues
* Designed service development plans and conducted operation assessments
* Formulated, wrote, and implemented new employee orientation manuals and training program on a national level
* Successfully refined and implemented new projects; including multiple system conversions and 2000 Medicare Prospective Payment System
* Developed and facilitated training modules for company Webinars – less
great office but difficult Regional team.
management (Former Employee), Raleigh NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great staff on a local level, very supportive of one another. if you love home health there is no better office to work at
Cons: lack of support from regional level
Very long hours. Difficult to get new positions posted, Love the clinical staff i work with but Regional level leaves alot to be desired.
an enjoyable place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2014
I loved my time with Gentiva Health Services.
Being a home health aide is a very rewarding job
The nurses and staff made it even more so
Great place to corporation to be a part of
Works well with others, easy going. Able to be in charge of fellow co-workers with respect.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Muskegon, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: patient's are well educated.
Cons: long hours.
Hard working. Enjoy helping patient's educate themselves in regards to long term diseases. Work well with a team. Strong advocate for patient's rights. Refuse to do anything out of scope of practice.
Gentiva doesnt do hospice well at all. Very corporate environment.
Patient Care Mngr. (Former Employee), Austin TexasSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: most local teams rock.
Cons: gentiva corp.
Unfortunately, hospice has become very competetive, and Gentiva likes to sit on the sidelines and cross their fingers rather than put their money where their mouth is. You can almost hear the undertones during conference calls..."please, please get admissions today. Keep pushing. NO, you cant have support. We pay hundreds of people HUGE salaries to – more... make you work more and spend less."
Decisions are made on the knee jerk. Leadership is motivated and influenced by whomever is best at sucking up. The list goes on.
You will meet awesome nurses and other folks, but dont expect the company to support your team in terms of staffing, recruitment, resources etc...
If the need offends the bottom line...forget it. – less
Gentiva Hospice in Tucson
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: supportive, provided an excellent new employee orientation, promotes autonomy, minimal on call
Cons: there are days with out lunch, hours may extend greater than 8 hours daily, may require driving fairly long distances daily
I enjoy working with this wonderful group of people. Both local management and co-workers are very supportive. They truly work together as a team when providing care.
Working Conditions
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2014
High Stress, poorly managed and always waiting to be laid off.
Dedicated nurses and staff seeking to help patients in-home.
CSA/Behavioral Health Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Farmington, CT AND Springfield, MASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: being able to work from home
Cons: not enough staffing
*A typical day at work consisted of; Updated reference manuals to ensure compliance with agency regulations and internal policies, procedures, and standards as directed as well as respond to telephone inquiries, recorded messages and/or direct caller to appropriate party. Case managed over [40] caregivers. Prepared bi-weekly payroll. Created, maintained – more... and updated the clinician’s schedules according to authorizations and patient needs.
Prepared clinical records for new patients upon receipt of referral. Completed administrative review of clinical records at start of care and upon patient discharge. Served as point of contact for all interactions with clinical team members, administrative associates, referral sources and patients. Filed incoming documents daily. Maintained a control procedure for active patient files. Maintained a tracking system to ensure clinical records are current according to company policy and regulatory requirements. Met all work demands in a timely manner.

*What I learned from Gentiva was how to be better organized and how to work in a fast paced environment.

*The management was good.

*My co-workers were wonderful, thoughtful and considerate.

*The hardest part of the job was coordinating schedules for over 40 nurses with hundreds of patients per week.

*The most enjoyable part of the job was, the job itself. It was fast paced and very complex. – less
Teamwork
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Faced challenges on a daily basis with the process of collecting from Insurance companies not wanting to pay their claims.
Don't even consider working here
RN (Former Employee), CDA, IDSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: everything above
The worst job I have had in my nrsg career. I felt like a slave. Felt deceived by mgmt. Unable to put together any sense of work/life balance. The workload was over the top unreasonable, working 12-15 hr days and never feeling caught up. Working 6-8 hrs a day on my days off at home without pay. I was Gentiva consumed.
When I resigned, they withheld – more... close to $700 in pay, did not return my phone calls and I went to a lawyer. I did get paid but they attempted to denigrate my character and integrity.
I once witnessed a supervisor horribly humiliate an employee at an all staff mtg and then overheard same supervisor yelling, screaming at an employee on the phone. She was so out of control she had to leave. I did not put in a two week notice due to feelings that they would mistreat me for two weeks or fire me on the spot.
And pay per visit is only a profit for Gentiva. It works out to be very very low pay for nurses. Mgmt works a very nice timely 8-5 with lunch break. For employees no such thing. Mgmt felt defensive in telling me on hire, not an 8-5 position but never indicated 12-15 hr days.
Do not even consider working for Gentiva. There is other work out there. You will become a slave – less
Caring and dedicated coworkers
Site Revenue Coordinator to Office Manager (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: co-workers, nice office, slightly flexible schedule, close to home
Cons: healthcare coverage, pay, lack of appreciation, instability
I have great co-workers who truly care about providing top notch patient care. A typical day consists of juggling multiple administrative tasks and keeping the office organized. Unfortunately there is not job security in the office, but if solid fellow management would be hired we would do amazing things!
Awful...
Home Health Specialist (Former Employee), Maumee, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: nothing at all...
Cons: awful..very hostile work enviorment!
This is the worst job I have ever had in life!! Everyone is rude and disrespectful to one another! I never received any training or better yet orientation. If you say anything you will be fired. I went to work sick everyday, very unethical. Accepts patients that they cant service nor care about patients at all. They let patients sit at home for 7 days – more... before they get to them. They only take Medicare patients and will tell you they do not want any other patients because of the payer source. Management is awful, rude and will not help you with anything!! – less
Productive in Patient Care and wellness.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, raises
Cons: no one to fill my position when out sick or vacation.
A typical day at work was fast paced, constant flow of phone calls and managing the Medical Record Department.
I have learned hot to multi-task different projects as well as set up my environment that was conducive for the other personnel in the office.
Management was up to par in making sure the office was ran in a production-line type fashion as well – more... as maintaining personable actions.
Co-workers were limited in number but everyone had an understanding of their roles in order to make the office run smoothly.
The hardest part of the job was to break away for lunch because of my personal target goals I set in place each day.
The most part of the day was at the time reports were to be pulled for analysis of documentation submission via EMR. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services is a gentle giant. As one of the nation's largest home health care and hospice services firms, the company – Read more

Gentiva Health Services Photos