Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Average work place with sometimes very high nurse/patient ratios
RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 23, 2015
Overall poor place to work.
Executive director has very poor communication skills and direct supervisor is not competent.
Hard work, poor dispersement of patient load. Good co workers.
Home Health RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, VAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, loved the patient contact
Cons: Poor mileage reimbursement, long days
A typical day of work, I would start my day about 9am, as many older adults refuse early am visits. I would perform wound care, education, IV site visits...a variety of tasks during the day. I was hired to perform 25 visits a week, but often ended up seeing 30-35 patients a week. My area was Bedford county, but we were occasionally asked to see patients in surrounding counties to help out another branch.
My coworkers were great, but most of the time, we were all overwhelmed, or one nurse had an overfull schedule, while another was not meeting her productivity. My coworkers were all very supportive of each other.
Management has become more about money and numbers, at times having unrealistic expectations.
I enjoyed the patient visits very much. I worked well with the elderly, and was well loved by my patients.
I learned all about home health, and broadened my knowledge of diseases.
The hardest part of the job was trying to perform quality care to every patient when you were seeing too many patients in a day, consistently.
Excellent Team
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 19, 2015
Typical day consist of going out to rual areas and educating referral sources on Hospice care.
Community events.
Meeting with Dr.s & staff, SNF's, Home Healths, & Hospital staff.
Not all about the numbers but how we educate and grow.
Managment not very supportive.
Co-workers are great!
Patients are the only thing good about this corporation!
LPN (Current Employee), Anderson, SCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: What Pros?????
Cons: No life, all work and no time to even eat!
Lies to get me to take the position. Lied to about pay. Work your butt off and never get appreciation or even a simple "thank you". Drama in the office so bad, nobody goes in unless they have to. The sad part is having to leave your patients that love you as a good, loving and caring nurse. Management is a joke! You get a list of patients and by the end of the day, you have emails blowing up your computer to add to it. Takes on too many patients that don't want Home Health and you go back and forth for the same thing. Why take patients that don't do what their doctor tells them to do. Management in the office is so busy fighting in the office with all the drama they stir up, they get nothing done. Of course they get to sit in a nice air conditioned building while everyone else runs their tails off. Relying on emails while driving is very dangerous, who drives around with a laptop on your steering wheel! That's what phones are for!!!! I think this company only wants the almighty dollar but could care less about their employees! Wish I had read these review before I dove into this mess!!!!! Don't walk away from this company, RUN as fast as you can!!!!! They don't train you right, but throw you to the wolves and expect you to know what to do. Nothing is ever good enough for them!
Lots of Work
Office Manager (Current Employee), KentuckyAugust 18, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Worked to bones
Lots of work for some and not so much for others. alot of talk regarding compliance but no real enforcement. Upline managment is not very truthful
Growing company
Home Health Clinical Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2015
This is a good company to work for and they promote within. I have learned how to call on accounts and ask for business. This is a very self driven position with nice people to work with daily.
STNA/HHA (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 13, 2015
Love working for Gentiva. Feels like family. A company that puts the patients first.Very willing to work with employees to balance home and work.
Hospice Crisis Care Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Loving and Caring staff, Caring for the patients and their families
Cons: The Driving and not knowing if you are going to work due to census
This job is amazing. The staff is so loving and caring. If you are ill, in the hospital or lost a loved one. Everyone pulls together to make sure that you are ok and will help in any way possible. All the supervisors are great. Everyone is great to get along with. As a Crisis Care Nurse we did a lot of driving depending on where our patient was located. It can get tiring after awhile. Most of the patients and patients' family are great. We make are own schedule and if we worked 7a-7p or 7p-7a and we got a call in between ( lets say 9am/pm) we still have to go to work. The downside is you might not get a call depending on the patient census. Overall Gentiva Hospice was a great place to work for.
first call center i ever worked at
EBA Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale,AZAugust 10, 2015
Pros: easy days
Cons: wasn't able to learn new areas of company
was responsible for making sure that MS patients had all their supplies and medications in timely manner, would make sure all auth requests were passed to correct department. co-workers were separated due to call center style buy for most part all were friendly and willing to help out other co-workers
Highly productive sales and operations team.
Senior Home Health Specialist (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Base salary and bonus structure, great collaboration between operations and sales teams, good teamwork with colleagues.
Cons: Limited collaboration with my last manger.
I enjoyed a great working environment while with Gentiva in San Luis Obispo, CA. While with them I was able to grow market share and referrals from 16/wk to 25/wk in the first 3 years I was with them. I learned a lot about various disease states and issues with vestibular and balance issues. Gentiva's clinical sales training was excellent!
A wonderful chance to help people with disabilities.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Stroud, OKAugust 8, 2015
The hardest part for me was when I had to leave my clients, whether, when they had to go into homes or when I quit. The most enjoyable part was making a positive difference in someones life.
Enjoyed working at Gentiva
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee), Hazlehurst, MSAugust 4, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, hated to be laid off really enjoyed working with this group of people. Great staff. I loved the freedom of working on my own.
Only thing good is the people you help take care of
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityAugust 4, 2015
Pros: meet nice people
Cons: No raise. No benefits. Extremely low pay.
I have nothing good to say. Learned that your hard work and dedication will get you no where with this company. No pay raise no benefits. Absolutely nothing but just a very very low pay check. And there's no overtime, if you go over your time you will not get paid. Did I mention the "low pay" just a reminder once again. Last but not least this is a company that only looks out for those who work inside and not out in the field.
Competetive benefits and salary
Staff PTA (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Stable staff
Cons: Several buy outs over the course of 8 years with significant change each time
Went through several buy outs with the latest to become into power in 2016 with more changes to endure as is common with a buy out. Many years of pleasant experiences with a stable staff.
Great workplace with collaborative atmosphere.
Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2015
Great management staff. My coworkers were experts in their field who were willing to share knowledge with those working with them.
I enjoyed the challenge
Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2015
Uploading information to patient charts
Answering the phones.
Calling doctor office to obtain signed documents
Through HIPPA released information to Attorneys
Co-workers great to work with
Hardest part was getting signed documents back from doctor office
The most enjoyable was closing out a patient chart marking complete
Always a pleasant work day.
Administrative Volunteer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 15, 2015
When volunteering here, I was always told how much I was appreciated. I was always treated with respect and kindness, which is why I kept my administrative volunteer position for two years.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Hugo, OKJuly 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for Gentiva. The office people treated you fairly and respected the providers. The staff cared for its clients. My mom was a client of theirs before she passed. I met the provider that cared for her while I was working and she did an excellent job. My mom never had any complaints with her. I would go back to work for this company if I had the opportunity. The best part is taking care of the elderly and disabled. It is nice to walk into a house and see their smiling faces when you appear.
Mismanagement Runs Rampant.
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Petersburg, VaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: The job itself was fun and easy.
Cons: Horrible management, gossiping, lies, threats, bullying, emotional manipulation and mismanagement galore.
The job itself would have been wonderful if it weren't for the mass of awful management running the place. There are too many people who think they run the place and no one takes real charge or has any clue what is going on from day to day. There is so much finger pointing and gossip that it makes work nearly impossible to accomplish. The management is also comprised of bullies and use threats and lies to get what they want out of you. I was directly asked at one point, what they had to do to get the work out of me. No one is properly trained, the turn over is so high that they start throwing people around to different positions with no training and no help. The Petersburg and Richmond offices are in shambles and regardless of how much "money" they make, the staff is miserable and the compassion is completely out the door. It is sickening to listen and hear the management at staff meetings pointing fingers at all the staff they have had issues with in the last month and then giving employee of the month to the person who they want to suck up to because they are going to abuse them in the coming months and unfortunately for them they are too stupid to realize it. To them a gift card makes up for all the abuse, I however, don't take that sort of mess from anyone. You treat me well all the time, give me proper training and help and then we can talk. If you abuse, threaten and belittle me, I will not perform to your liking. This job is hard enough as it is, knowing that the nurses and aids are helping people in the last moments of their lives as well as the families cope with the – more... death of a loved one, you would think that compassion would extend into the company as well. You would be 100% wrong, there is zero compassion for the employees and the only care is about the money. Which I feel could be greater if only they treated their staff properly. You treat your staff well, they are happier, they perform better, the company gets more positive feedback and more business is made. However, this is not how Gentiva, excuse me, the Richmond and petersburg offices chose to do business. They instead want to push and shove their employees to the breaking point and then when they are no longer any use to them cut them lose, regardless of how well they actually did their job. Disgusting and unbelievable place with heartless, cruel and useless management. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. I am telling you, not only do they try and mess with you emotionally they will fire you for no good reason and they pay you peanuts. Not to mention no one knows anything about anything there, it is always some one else's problem. Avoid a problem and find work somewhere else. I promise you won't regret passing on this opportunity. – less
I enjoy working with great RNs and patients.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 14, 2015
I like the independence of the job and freedom to create our own schedules as Medical Social Workers. A great place to really enhance your medical knowledge around death and dying.