Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Rewarding to work with the patients and family
Case Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 23, 2015
The documentation too long and it was redundant. It left little time to give quality patient care and educate families.
gentiva
Senior Home Health Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMay 20, 2015
ok company with benefits and management available to manage you. Very unorganized company with high racial profiling of their employee's and mistreatment of certain specific genders and races
Family-like environment
Social Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: on call
Enjoyed working with patients and families in their home environment. My co-workers were my favorite part of working with Gentiva. Always willing to help or offer support. Management can be clique-ish but still mostly is understandable and has your back.
Great Place to work!!!
Electronic Health Records Intern (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 14, 2015
Great people to work with very helpful and compassinate about there work. I do volunteer work for them i love it there great.
Productive. Very intense workplace
Supervisor-Beth Michels (Former Employee), Malta, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: Casual, laid back atmosphere with other medical coders
Cons: Training was complicated for me, pressure applied to learn and certify
I learned a lot with Gentiva regarding Home Healthcare. Unfortunately, I did not train well enough for their standards. I do appreciate the opportunity and education I received while employed with Gentiva. Made friends with some great people.
stress free, professional but fun
Clinical Eligibility Intake Nurse (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: stress free
Cons: kindred buy out
Things are changing since buy out from Kindred. Deleting departments and always watching every thing you do. Hope they keep the Gentiva integrity.
Able to continue experience with working with terminally ill patients
RN case MANAGER (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Skillful co-workers and care of patients and their families.
Cons: need for improved supportive and positive management
Calling patients needed to be seen or followed up with that day. Much of the day was spent with the significant amount of paperwork required. I know paperwork is a requirement of every job but at this establishment it was overly excessive. Was able to improve my skills with working with patients with a life limiting prognosis. In particular palliation of symptoms with comfort being paramount. Management could of been a lot more positive and supportive which would of led to a much improved work environment. My co-workers were some of the most knowledgeable and skillful I have ever worked with. The hardest part of the job was balancing out the paperwork with the patient care needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help my patients and their families at this most important part of life's journey.
carry a crystal ball
rather not say (Former Employee), morehead cityMay 9, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: all of the listed
orientation- u r given a packet and told to figure out library computer and do online competency classes for weeks. then u travel along with whomever. they do this to say u were oriented a certain amount of time. u dont train on ur laptop til on ur own and the important clinical parameters and guidelines are not covered. until u r off orientation and do something "wrong" , then they start keeping track of all u are doing "wrong"and get labeled a " problem", so they do not assume the responsibility for ur ill- trained actions.
all clinicians- know ur licensure guidelines and contact ur governing body if in doubt. and if u see u r being asked to do something beyond ur scope or that they r restricting u from doing what u can- " for gentiva reasons", quit on the spot because u r going to b constantly baffled by what u should do.
time and money- u wont hav a life afterwork cause theres no way to get all done duting work hrs. and u dont get paid for it. the lowest mileage reimbursement around.
patient care- u will care but they wont. just about whatever they want to pass the blame onto you for.
coworkers- nursing helpful, therapists backstabbing to cover their own job security. they want u but only if u play by the wrong rules- and u will figure that out quickly. like high school cliques. they pass the buck answering questions which all turn out to b different, to avoid extra work and responsibility, or because they werent trained correctly and dont know; but they will act like they do.
Very Bad Experience
Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free Coffee
Cons: No Support from Management
This company expects their employees to go over and beyond a normal work day. Their clinicians are expected to admit at least two patients a day, see 3-6 other patients and have all of their paperwork completed within 48 hours--and it is a lot of computer-generated paperwork. Currently, the company is operating over their capacity with too many patients and not enough clinicians and instead of turning down new business until the clinicians can catch up, they keep on taking on new clients. There have been several resignations that really turned into "firings" due to the fact that they do not allow you to give two weeks notice. They just tell you to leave and treat you like a criminal. It is a very stressful environment to be in. The management team does not care that their staff is stressed and feeling stretched beyond repair. They only care about how much money a new patient will bring in. Unless you can work 50-60 hours a week, I do not recommend this job to any clinicians.
Executive Office is all about the numbers not the patients or staff
RN (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: nurse co workers were team players
Cons: Put nurses in executive position to advocate for patients as opposed to lining pockets
Change in policies often because nursi g management is not valued but executive non medical management is. Nursing management was helpful. Executive office was disorganized and unproffesional In front of staff.
Healthcare company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TexasMay 5, 2015
Pros: great hours, pay, and co-workers
Cons: buy outs from bigger companies
I would stay very busy at Gentiva. The daily routine of helping patients and making a difference was amazing. The hardest part about this job was the buyouts by bigger companies. Management was very understanding to your personal health needs.
Love working with patients and families
Social Worker (Current Employee), Roswell, NMMay 1, 2015
I enjoy working with the patients and families as well as other professionals in the community. I enjoy the nurses, chaplains and Volunteers. I find the administrative staff, for the most part, lacking.
Home health company with pleasant co-workers
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: driving in city traffic everyday
A typical work day involves driving to patients' homes, who cannot easily leave their homes for doctor visits, to address their health care needs.
I have learned a lot about wound care and delivering patient education to all different types of patient populations.
The management team at Gentiva is very hard-working.
The co-workers on the healthcare team are amazing clinicians. They include physical therapists and assistants, occupational therapists and assistants, speech therapists, medical social worker, and home health aides.
The hardest part of the job is driving in city traffic during the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all different kinds of people and getting to know them over a long period during their home health needs versus just getting to care for a patient a day or two in acute care.
Pleasant coworkers but too much disorganization.
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee), Georgetown, TxApril 25, 2015
Pros: flexible, understanding coworkers
Cons: unrealistic expectations from management
Typical office setting. Very pleasant coworkers. The company was in the middle of buying out another company. There were a lot of changes in a short period of time. I did not feel the chaos that it was causing was going to be getting better anytime soon. I was also concerned that, had I stayed with the job, I would not be able to keep up with the changes and would loose my job. I feel that the company is a good, solid company to work for, but was not for me at that time.
easy going staff
Administrative Volunteer (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: discounts on items
Cons: a lot of customers to serve before closing
i learned how to organize things a lot better my co workers easy to get along with hardest part having a lot of customers at night most enjoyable part getting discounts on items.
Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: Turnover
I enjoy working for a great company that gets to provide such great care to their patients. I have a great passion for Hospice.
great place to work
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee), Kerrville, TexasApril 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: High employee turnover
Making a difference in people's lives..one person at a time. Helping people during the most sensitive and intimate journey during end of life.
Fellow staff talented and compassionate
Social Worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2015
Pros: Busy work and dynamic environment
Cons: Unforeseen events is the nature of the work and difficult to manage at times.
Working in hospice social work means every day is full of unforeseen events. I learned life is short; patients never discussed money but only the love for their family or spouse and wished for more time with them. Co-workers were among the most caring and compassionate in the field. The hardest part was seeing the grief experienced by the family. The most enjoyable was to be a part of someone's life especially if they had no family.
productive fun environment
Gentiva hospice-Hospice Aide (Former Employee), virginia beach , virginiaApril 17, 2015
very easy going, work flow was very good, communication was great, enjoy going to work everyday. really nice coworkers management was ok
GENTIVA/KINDRED IS RESPECTABLE PLACE TO WORK
RN field case manager (Current Employee), tYLER, tEXASApril 15, 2015
I am field case manager, who sees approximately 4-6 pts a day and complete the oasis as well as do admissions, recerts, discharges, N SCIC, AS WELL AS WOUND CARE

1 2 3 4 5

About Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services is a gentle giant. As one of the┬ánation's largest home health care and hospice services firms, the company – Read more

Gentiva Health Services Salaries