Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

an exciting and challenging place to work with a wide variety of tasks and services performed.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIAugust 31, 2015
A day at work included meeting new clients, new health care professionals and learning new techniques. Each day provided new opportunities to help someone rehabilitate and become empowered.
Pros
excellent learning environment, opportunities to learn the latest in rehabilitation techniques.
Cons
varied and extensive driving in inclement weather conditions was necessary.
great pay, supportive
Full time staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 30, 2015
This agency has excellent, competitive salary and benefits. Supportive and works with staff most of the time considering no place will be perfect. I was not pleased with their software which caused paperwork to go as slowly but they were willing to not push deadlines too badly as long as you make them aware of issues. The problem I had was a slowing referral rate that caused my pt visits to go down significantly. However, I brought it to their attention and they worked with me by allowing me to cover some of my time going out with the marketer as well as putting me and the other OT staff on salary until they were able to get a hold on the issues. They showed they valued us as well as their confidence in their agency to rebuild the caseload all the while encouraging us therapist. My coworkers were awesome and while other larger agency have gotten rid of rehab managers which is so important as most offices are run by nurses who do not have a full grasp on rehab, this agency is keeping that position available and believe me we all used are rehab director often for therapy questions!!
Pros
Team meetings counted toward productivity whereas they do not with other larger agencies, great pay rates
Cons
outdated technology software that is time consuming
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlAugust 28, 2015
Terrible upper management only care about numbers not employees or patients no training for employees to perform job communication with management is terrible super long hours and on call is terrible you will no longer have a family life of you work here always say things will get better they never do no organization whatsoever
Pros
Helping the families
Cons
Need a moment of silence
Average work place with sometimes very high nurse/patient ratios
RN CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 23, 2015
Overall poor place to work.
Executive director has very poor communication skills and direct supervisor is not competent.
Hard work, poor dispersement of patient load. Good co workers.
Home Health RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VAAugust 21, 2015
A typical day of work, I would start my day about 9am, as many older adults refuse early am visits. I would perform wound care, education, IV site visits...a variety of tasks during the day. I was hired to perform 25 visits a week, but often ended up seeing 30-35 patients a week. My area was Bedford county, but we were occasionally asked to see patients in surrounding counties to help out another branch.
My coworkers were great, but most of the time, we were all overwhelmed, or one nurse had an overfull schedule, while another was not meeting her productivity. My coworkers were all very supportive of each other.
Management has become more about money and numbers, at times having unrealistic expectations.
I enjoyed the patient visits very much. I worked well with the elderly, and was well loved by my patients.
I learned all about home health, and broadened my knowledge of diseases.
The hardest part of the job was trying to perform quality care to every patient when you were seeing too many patients in a day, consistently.
Pros
Flexible hours, loved the patient contact
Cons
Poor mileage reimbursement, long days
Excellent Team
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 19, 2015
Typical day consist of going out to rual areas and educating referral sources on Hospice care.
Community events.
Meeting with Dr.s & staff, SNF's, Home Healths, & Hospital staff.
Not all about the numbers but how we educate and grow.
Managment not very supportive.
Co-workers are great!
Patients are the only thing good about this corporation!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 19, 2015
Lies to get me to take the position. Lied to about pay. Work your butt off and never get appreciation or even a simple "thank you". Drama in the office so bad, nobody goes in unless they have to. The sad part is having to leave your patients that love you as a good, loving and caring nurse. Management is a joke! You get a list of patients and by the end of the day, you have emails blowing up your computer to add to it. Takes on too many patients that don't want Home Health and you go back and forth for the same thing. Why take patients that don't do what their doctor tells them to do. Management in the office is so busy fighting in the office with all the drama they stir up, they get nothing done. Of course they get to sit in a nice air conditioned building while everyone else runs their tails off. Relying on emails while driving is very dangerous, who drives around with a laptop on your steering wheel! That's what phones are for!!!! I think this company only wants the almighty dollar but could care less about their employees! Wish I had read these review before I dove into this mess!!!!! Don't walk away from this company, RUN as fast as you can!!!!! They don't train you right, but throw you to the wolves and expect you to know what to do. Nothing is ever good enough for them!
Pros
What Pros?????
Cons
No life, all work and no time to even eat!
Lots of Work
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 18, 2015
Lots of work for some and not so much for others. alot of talk regarding compliance but no real enforcement. Upline managment is not very truthful
Pros
PTO
Cons
Worked to bones
Growing company
Home Health Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2015
This is a good company to work for and they promote within. I have learned how to call on accounts and ask for business. This is a very self driven position with nice people to work with daily.
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 13, 2015
Love working for Gentiva. Feels like family. A company that puts the patients first.Very willing to work with employees to balance home and work.
Hospice Crisis Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,TXAugust 12, 2015
This job is amazing. The staff is so loving and caring. If you are ill, in the hospital or lost a loved one. Everyone pulls together to make sure that you are ok and will help in any way possible. All the supervisors are great. Everyone is great to get along with. As a Crisis Care Nurse we did a lot of driving depending on where our patient was located. It can get tiring after awhile. Most of the patients and patients' family are great. We make are own schedule and if we worked 7a-7p or 7p-7a and we got a call in between ( lets say 9am/pm) we still have to go to work. The downside is you might not get a call depending on the patient census. Overall Gentiva Hospice was a great place to work for.
Pros
Loving and Caring staff, Caring for the patients and their families
Cons
The Driving and not knowing if you are going to work due to census
first call center i ever worked at
EBA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZAugust 10, 2015
was responsible for making sure that MS patients had all their supplies and medications in timely manner, would make sure all auth requests were passed to correct department. co-workers were separated due to call center style buy for most part all were friendly and willing to help out other co-workers
Pros
easy days
Cons
wasn't able to learn new areas of company
Highly productive sales and operations team.
Senior Home Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed a great working environment while with Gentiva in San Luis Obispo, CA. While with them I was able to grow market share and referrals from 16/wk to 25/wk in the first 3 years I was with them. I learned a lot about various disease states and issues with vestibular and balance issues. Gentiva's clinical sales training was excellent!
Pros
Base salary and bonus structure, great collaboration between operations and sales teams, good teamwork with colleagues.
Cons
Limited collaboration with my last manger.
A wonderful chance to help people with disabilities.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud, OKAugust 8, 2015
The hardest part for me was when I had to leave my clients, whether, when they had to go into homes or when I quit. The most enjoyable part was making a positive difference in someones life.
Enjoyed working at Gentiva
HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSAugust 4, 2015
Friendly atmosphere, hated to be laid off really enjoyed working with this group of people. Great staff. I loved the freedom of working on my own.
Only thing good is the people you help take care of
Patient Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityAugust 4, 2015
I have nothing good to say. Learned that your hard work and dedication will get you no where with this company. No pay raise no benefits. Absolutely nothing but just a very very low pay check. And there's no overtime, if you go over your time you will not get paid. Did I mention the "low pay" just a reminder once again. Last but not least this is a company that only looks out for those who work inside and not out in the field.
Pros
meet nice people
Cons
No raise. No benefits. Extremely low pay.
Competetive benefits and salary
Staff PTA (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 4, 2015
Went through several buy outs with the latest to become into power in 2016 with more changes to endure as is common with a buy out. Many years of pleasant experiences with a stable staff.
Pros
Stable staff
Cons
Several buy outs over the course of 8 years with significant change each time
Great workplace with collaborative atmosphere.
Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2015
Great management staff. My coworkers were experts in their field who were willing to share knowledge with those working with them.
I enjoyed the challenge
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 17, 2015
Uploading information to patient charts
Answering the phones.
Calling doctor office to obtain signed documents
Through HIPPA released information to Attorneys
Co-workers great to work with
Hardest part was getting signed documents back from doctor office
The most enjoyable was closing out a patient chart marking complete
Always a pleasant work day.
Administrative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 15, 2015
When volunteering here, I was always told how much I was appreciated. I was always treated with respect and kindness, which is why I kept my administrative volunteer position for two years.