Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Great field staff, horrible management, compensation is low for workload
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2017
I can't say enough about the great field staff of RN's, PT's OT's and ST professionals. The managers are nice people, but poor managers. The director is very business minded and was very focused on the branch position as it related to bonus, ranking against other branches etc. The scheduling is frustrating and poorly managed. The driving territory was vast and poorly managed and poorly compensated.
Pros
Flexible schedule and hours
Cons
Alot of driving and charting is long and tedious, management is poor
Independence; flexible
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 25, 2017
Excellent for family life. The work is flexible and adjustable. I love meeting new people and feel I've learned more about patient's by seeing their lifestyle and this helps me to be a better nurse.
I have no comments
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAApril 24, 2017
The work pace is very slow in the morning. There is a lot of unproductive time. Referrals start coming in in the late afternoon so there is a big push to finish the day. There are a lot of meetings.
Pros
laid back atmoshpere
Cons
a lot of unproductive time
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 23, 2017
Good place to work nice people and work with you they help me and works not hard and I love helping take care of people so it makes it easier to help them.
High expectations
Staff development (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 22, 2017
Assign work no matter how big the work load. Great expectations low compensation. Unable to complete work within a reasonable amount of time without working no paid.
Great company with smart people
Homecare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateApril 18, 2017
This is a nationwide company that proves itself with identifiable outcomes. Great patient care and satisfaction. Great community resource. Prides itself on outcomes.
Caring and supportive
Hospice Intern (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 18, 2017
Gentiva hospice now Hope Health, is a wonderful organization that offers training, and support to all team members. This type of work can get heavy and the staff is good at balancing challenging/rewarding work with a good amount of team building.
Overall a good place to work
RN ON-CALL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
I worked as an on call nurse on the weekends and it was very stressful. You are on call 63 hours from Friday at 5pm to Monday at 8am and you work very hard during that time. Sometimes without sleep and then you have safety issues.
Nice people to work with, but issues with fair compensation
RN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 17, 2017
Lots of paperwork that we had to complete off-the-clock after seeing patients all day. Had to use our personal cell phones when making phone calls while out of our homes. It was difficult to have a good work-life balance. If you are PRN, you receive no benefits.
Pros
Nice people to work with. Enjoyed working with the patients.
Cons
Too much paperwork. Off-the-clock work.
Wonderful place to work. Great people. Not enough training time
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2017
The working conditions were wonderful. The pay was wonderful. and people were wonderful. There were a lot of changes happening in the company and I feel I was not given enough time to learn my job responsibilities.
Pros
Fun people to work with.
Cons
Not enought job instructions.
Great Hospice Company
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2017
Loved the responsibilities that I was over including telephones, doctors and staff. Able to educated others on the job that I performed. Management was always had an open-door policy. The hardest part of the job.. it's hospice.
Pros
Close to my heart
Cons
Driving the freeway to work.
Great people - Good experience visiting patients at home
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 15, 2017
Positive experience overall. My manager was positive and encouraging. Good team player all the coworkers. I learned how to assess patient through OASIS, how to manage home health visits. The hardest part of the job was driven from one patient house to the next one during summer in a dessert (120 grades).
Pros
Good pay
Cons
driven during summer
Growing company with much potential
nurse (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2017
In the field, the pace is fast and is self-driven. Self-scheduling allows for flexibility. In the office, the pace is steady and the team is very knowledgeable of the processes of home health. The hardest part of the job is leaving work at the office place. Communications often occur after hours which does tend to infringe on home time. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different patients and their families and developing a relationship with them as we spend time in their homes providing care.
Pros
getting to see the sunshine and weather
Cons
after hours documentation
Number driven
Referral/Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 10, 2017
Corporate based Hospice. I felt like the number of referrals was more important than the actual person behind the number, not the reason I am drawn to Hospice.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Distance from home
Family friendly
LPN (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVApril 7, 2017
Great job for a working nurse with a family IF you can balance both. The flexibility is the best but again you have to be able to stay on top of paper work and patient follow up!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No advancement, no raises
Work culture
Supervisor/Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
Save yourself the time, energy, and intelligence. Changes are made daily without any thought processing. The managers are all over the place. If you go to them for assistance, the managers will bounce you back and forth to the next manager because they do not have any logical solutions. Staff is over worked, managers bark orders and will tell you not be on their cellular phones but will leasurely text on theirs. Everone who actually work (not the 3 managers) are overwhelmed with work and under paid. There's no over time but they expect everything to be done by 5pm.
Highly stressful position
CTC-Care Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCApril 5, 2017
Gentiva has been bought by Kindred Hospital. They closed the Asheboro, NC branch. I enjoyed working with wonderful clinicians providing excellent home health care. The clinicians were offered to work out of Greensboro, office staff were layed off.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
highly stressful position
Not too bad
Other (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2017
Compensation & health benefits were very good. Sales representatives are awesome there. Some of the management in the office are very difficult to work with & the medical director is down right mean.
One on one care of sick children
LPN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 27, 2017
I enjoy the one on one care of patients which allows you to give them all the attention they need. A typical day at work involves getting a full body assessment, administering medications, repositioning the patient, bathing, feeding, interacting with the patient and family and educating them on care and disease process.
Pros
one on one care
Cons
insurance is very expensive
Good work environment, good management.
Systems Operations Contractor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 27, 2017
Supported multiple computer systems.
Ran reports, backups, transmitted files.
Management was fair and supportive.
Workplace culture was comfortable, clean.
The hardest part of the job was working the third shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was producing required reporting on time, and assuring systems were available for next day business and assisting internal customers with computer and application issues.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, little pressure from management. Ability to complete work with little oversight.
Cons
Working the third shift, and driving to Overland Park Kansas at night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8