Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Front desk experience
Electronic Health Records Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 27, 2016
It was my externship. I answered the telephone directed caals, answered questions, directed patients family members to the right room. Would visit certain patients, and just made sure everyone was happy.
Fun place to work but no room for advancement
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 26, 2016
The most enjoyable part ot my job is the people that I work with everyday. We are like a family. The location is less than 15 minutes from my home. My overall rating is 5 stars.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no room for advancement because I'm not a RN
team oriented
Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 23, 2016
great team of clinicians
focused on great clinical outcomes for patients
excellent learning experience
willing to invest in staff
community outreach programs
Open work environment, and very joyful and respectful people to work with.
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 22, 2016
There was no typical day at work when it came to my externship with Gentiva Hospice. I was able to work in the office, out on the field visiting patients in multiple locations, or at their 24/7 outpatient clinic. I enjoyed working there during my externship, and was glad that I was able to make a difference in peoples lives. My coworkers were very respectful, and hardworking. I am glad that I had the opportunity to work with such fun, caring people. The hardest part of the job, i would say; was the organization of papers, files, and taking inventory for the supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job is visiting the patients, and being able to have music therapy with some of the patients. And to be able to see the change in their character, and see that the music triggers a certain memory which they cherished; it was quite rewarding really. It gave me a sense of pride and accomplishment.
Pros
Lunch was sometimes provided, the employees were very nice and helpful, the office was a clean/ organized environment
Cons
I had to use my own transportation to visit the patients.
gentiva hospice
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Excellent benefits and Paid time off -vacation, also Holiday pay. Pay rate is on the low end compared to other Hospice Companies.
Company has great people to work with
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoy the people I work with. We mesh well together. I think that communication with parent company could be better........................................................................
Enjoyed staff relations
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 17, 2016
The employees were outstanding in caring for home care patients; it was an honor to work with everyone in all disciplines.
Further, it was very gratifying knowing the progress made clinically and in our patient's quality of life.
No two days were the same and I enjoyed the variety of work.
Pros
pay
Cons
too much call
Provides Home Health and Hospice Care
Insurance Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 13, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my work is the satisfaction knowing how many patients my work affects.

The most difficult part of my work is the time constraints based on volume.
Hard working group of dedicated health care professionals serving in the home care setting
Area Administrator & Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 1, 2016
No two days were the same and I enjoyed the variety of work.
Pros
Gratifying work
Cons
Many hours worked each day
Stay away
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 24, 2016
This place is not a good place to work long hours without pay management is the worst they want you to finish all paperwork in 24hrs even if you work till 1am they don't care management has no idea what they are doing at all short staff stay far away and run fast
Pros
Patients
Cons
Everything long hours with no pay
Enjoyed coordinating home health services to our patients and community.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ALAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with the community, patients, and facilities to coordinate home health services. The coworkers were delightful to work with and big team players. Visiting with the patients was the most enjoyable part of this job. I loved going to work everyday.
Awesome Director, under management terrible and does mot support patient needs ot medical staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 14, 2016
Great Director! Terrible secondary management and undermine director, staff and patients. Regional and Adminstration of Regional Office aware nothing done support or help. Salary seems great until they work you down to really making minimum wage and patients schedules thrown off daily so medical staff and patients suffer because of lower management incompatiency
Exceptional support from management, nursing colleagues, and allied health care professionals
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 12, 2016
This company provided me with the proper training, tools, techniques, and skills to deliver optimal patient care. The orientation was extensive, and I felt confident in my ability to succeed in my Nursing position. Everyone was patient, understanding, and supportive.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Independent care
Den of vipers!
RN (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 11, 2016
You do NOT want to work in this environment. It is very clickish. Management is poor and corporate is blind. Their slogan is "our care matters" but only certain people matter.
Pros
Some people are genuine.
Cons
Long hours, short staffed, high turnover rate, toxic environment, & poor upper management.
Horrible management.
On Call Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 10, 2016
Worked as an on call nurse for about 6 months. I had no hospice experience and they allowed me to shadow another on call nurse for two days as my orientation. Then they put me by myself!! After certain hours the managers wouldnt answer calls when I needed them. There is nothing more frustrating then being at a patients house who called because of an issue and not knowing what to do and no one will answer their phone. A few of the managers had no clue when you ask them questions. They were always changing paperwork and never kept the on call staff in the loop as to what was going on. When you went to them with complaints they did not care. Per Medicaid and Medicare guidelines their is criteria that patients have to meet to qualify for certain services. Managers would tell you to bring the patients onboard for these services knowing they did not meet the criteria. They are unethical and only care about the bottom line, making themselves money!!! It is a very cliquish and they lie.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Management is horrible, poor work and home life balance, unethical practices.
No job security, to much office politics ,bigots.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 10, 2016
If your knowledgeable, and assertive management finds you a threat... I was the advocate for the patient, management wasn't open for suggestions...management either ignorant or just plan stupid.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Milage, incompetent managers, working with bigots
Productive workplace with no room for advancement or career growth
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2016
Productive, professional work environment. There is a degree of job security due to the aggressive management incentives to obtain market share.
Pros
Company picnics, massages
Cons
No opportunity for growth or advancement.
Caring co-workers that are always willing to help.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2016
This Company is well known in the community for great care and excellence. It is a leading company compared to other Hospice companies.
Pros
Caring co-workers
Cons
This job can be emotionally and physically stressful at times.
Fun and Exciting place to work
JUNIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2016
I always had a chance to l,arn new technologies. Enjoyed working with co-workers. Management is great. Wish we could work more from home. I definitely would recommend the company to future employees.
Pros
Option to work from home two days a week
Cons
non
Case Management of 30-60 patients
Field Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCAugust 4, 2016
Overall great place to work. Management needs more understanding on how to be supervisors and know how to deal with field staff on a more professional level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7