Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services Employer Reviews

Productive and very comfortable environment
Quality Assurance and Software Tester (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: employees are encouraged to work outside of their comfort zone.
Cons: they only had room for contract employees to assist in an assignment.
I overall loved working for this company. I learned and experienced allot as a QA and Software Tester. I had the privilege to uphold majority of the responsibilities and work with very friendly coworkers. My manager was great, she is very straight forward and understanding. She believed in giving employees room to advance and encourage employees to suggest new ideas that may contribute to the company advancement. The hardest part of the job was the assignment ending and the fact I honestly miss working with my former coworkers. To this day we all remain in contact which is great.
middle and upper management are crooked
RN case manager (Former Employee), KingsportFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: fellow field clinicians
Cons: incompetent management who retaliate with lies when they are confronted
Horrible turn over. Management constantly lies and make rules up as the go. Underhanded, backstabbing. Never supports clinical staff. Do not work for this company. Management work you like dogs but refuse to go out and help. Known for firing staff who have been with company for years
a team work environment
Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Answering a multi phone line from 8 - 5pm. Working from a spreadsheet of missing information for patient chart, called hospitals and doctor offices to obtain signed documents for patient charts.
This position is a minimum supervised position. The most challenging part of the job was getting doctors to sign older documents. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing out a patient chart with all completed documents signed.
Not a good place to work any more.
RN Case Manager, (Former Employee), Mobile, ALFebruary 18, 2015
Poor management and no job security. Money is the bottom line here. Not a patient oriented place to work any more. For profit healthcare, not for patient healthcare.
I loved the people I worked with and my patients
LPN (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: my friends at work
Cons: no time for anything else
I really loved what I did. I loved the staff and of course my patients. I had little or no time with my own family as my job was all consuming of my time.
Kind and caring work atmoshpere!
Volunteer Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers were very helpful and productive.
Cons: not enough staff.
Gentiva gave me the tools to engage my inner knowledge obtained from college and also provided a clear pathway to help me in my success.
Fun place to work
Employee Services Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: flexibility
Good co workers staff that works as a team for the good of all the employees within the organization. A real since of urgency to employee issues to resolution.
Disorganized with a side of attitude
No idea what job description was. (Former Employee), Denton, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: unprofessional, degrading comments, severely disorganized
I've never experienced a company that shows no direction at all to new employees. The majority of my experience was sitting behind a desk wasting the company's money doing nothing because there is absolutely no training. I had no idea what my job description was because the girl training me did not have the time to train me, nor the patience for it. There would have been plenty of time to train a new person or give some sort of direction but smoke breaks and gossiping about the other employees in the office took priority. I have never seen anything more disorganized and sadly, on my first week there, I heard so much negative talk about other employees and how the company was going to shut down due to a company merge. Unwelcoming to say the least and they need someone that is open to training, instead of giving an awful attitude anytime a question is asked. I wish I would have read a review like this to save me from the hassle of the experience, although, I know I'm not the only one that has had this kind of experience in this office. If you are going to work here, make sure you can read minds and that you don't ask any questions.
Great Company that cares about employees
Collector (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pto
Cons: gossiping
I learned that hard work pays off and that you can move up in the company. You always have support there if you have a question. The people have a great team spirit and they really care about their employees and that they are happy.
Growth company with a passion for patients
Vice President, Training and Development (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 3, 2015
Gentiva is an aggressively growing company both organically and through acquisitions. The service offerings are Home Health, Hospice and Community Care.

This company provides a bridge for the patient and family from acute care to post acute care in their home setting. Gentiva has great clinicians that are passionate and dedicated to providing quality care to their patients.

Gentiva's teams are diverse in culture, experience and education which benefits the patient in clinical depth and expertise.
huge turn over, uncompassionnate upper management
RN field staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good training/continuing ed
Cons: cold hearted upper management
I haven't worked with Gentian since 2004 so keep that in mind. However, while reading the other feedback I cant help but tell of my experiences...most negative. The worst part as a FT RN was that I was worked into a state of complete exhaustion. Besides working all day we had to take on call that evening , often requiring me to just keep driving out at all hours doing more admissions til 10pm!!
Eventually I was so overworked that I injured my shoulder on the job... when I showed up in a sling and in pain, I was completely ignored by management... I filled out the forms but received no follow up. Years later my injury has become chronic... thank you Gentiva!
I couldn't wait to leave this job!
The two positives were nice coworkers and a very good continuing education system.
Terrible place to work. Hope Kindred looks at Management
RN, Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed the actual work.
Cons: management, no policies & rules, changing hours on a dime. not paid for all the over time.
They over work you. Under pay you. Don't appreciate you. If you aren't liked by the "it" people you might as well forget it. No matter what you do it's going to be wrong. They don't train you properly. They change the rules every other day. No set policies. It's whatever they make up that day. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. It's a shame. I was hoping to hang in there & see if Kindred would take over & clean house. Which they need to do.
Enjoy working at Gentiva
Workers' Compensation Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2015
Enjoy working for Gentiva, but the company was recently purchased and job was eliminated. Given a reasonable amount of time to find a new position.
No Advancement
I.T. Helpdesk (Contractor) (Former Employee), Overland Park, KansasJanuary 25, 2015
Gentiva was recently bought out by Kindred and is in the process of layoffs and would not recommend looking for employment there.
Staff (Former Employee), MissouriJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: co-workers, flexible hours, no on call, food
Cons: manipulation, cheap company, poor communication
When I came onboard, the company was Odyssey. It was a leading provider of hospice in our market and people wanted to work for the company. Then Gentiva came along. Zero collaboration between home health and hospice. Gentiva does not know how to run hospice and it shows, especially in declining census. As many reviewers have said, focus is on money and not patient care. A dysfunctional culture exists at this branch, but the field and office staff are what make it worthwhile. Most genuinely care. Some managers are clueless. Varying levels of accountability depending on who you are. Work hard and never complain? That just means you get more work, same pay, and zero authority to do your job. Some great opportunities exist and I will miss that. With the Harden acquisition and Kindred takeover, it seems more of the same will follow. I hope, for the sake of those I care about, that things can somehow return to the glory days of Odyssey. There are too many middle managers, except in areas that matter (such as support services). I have offered my opinions on how to improve this branch and the company but I guess I am too lowly to matter. I would welcome the opportunity to actually make systemic changes in the system but I am not holding my breath.
Productive workplace, enjoyed the job
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: early hours, kept busy all day, supportive co-workers
Cons: no advancement, no raise in 3 years. changes in management.
Very busy Medical Records office, non-stop paperwork and filing. Enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers, very caring and supportive.
Great office staff
Reimbursement Specialist-Central Intake (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Great team work and operated as a unit. I enjoyed my time with Gentiva.
Horrible management - unethical and illegal corporate practices
Hospice nurse (Former Employee), West allis wisconsinJanuary 11, 2015
This company is very poorly run on the corporate level and locally - very little care is given good patient care - more about the dollars - HUGE amount of turnover - on all levels - unstable and poor care results - shady shady shady practices go on here
Slow technological changes
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANALYST (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good working wnvironment
Cons: healthcare benefits
Not the best - but as a job, it is stable and I am able to pay mortage payments and other bills.

I am looking for more challenges and advancement.
good company
Account Executive (Current Employee), FLJanuary 6, 2015
solid company to work for. fast-paced work environment. good people employed by Gentiva

1 2 3 4 5

About Gentiva Health Services

Gentiva Health Services is a gentle giant. As one of the┬ánation's largest home health care and hospice services firms, the company – Read more

Gentiva Health Services Photos