Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Not the best overall place to work
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Gate City, VAAugust 14, 2017
Long hours, loved the patients. Lots of mileage and hardly any help. Expected lots from their employees and not a great way to grow in the company. Expected you to be on own, which I loved. But you had to do everything and had very long hours.
Pros
Working with different types of patients
Cons
Mileage
August 30, 2017

We appreciate your sharing your experience working on our team.

Nice work environment.
Clinician (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 14, 2017
They have a lot of educational materials for clinicians to review. My boss is great at responding to my e-mails promptly or within 24 hours and she is very professional.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours are given
August 30, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored by your service!

Great Work place.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 8, 2017
I love working here it gives me a chance to do what I love most, caring for people and showing them that people care. I hope to continue working here and do what I love.
August 30, 2017

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission!

Nice place to work. To many boss's
Patient Care Secretary (Former Employee) –  Avon, INAugust 7, 2017
Nice place to work, Started as a small company then was bought out by bigger company. Lost sight of what the real goal was. To take care of the Patients
Pros
Loves the people I worked with
Cons
not enough time in the day to complete tasks asked of you
August 30, 2017

Company no longer in existence merged with another company
Account Executive/Hospice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 6, 2017
Lack of support from upper management. High turnover. Unrealistic expectations. This company is no longer in existence and merged with another company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no longer in existence
August 30, 2017

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

It could be okay if you have experience in this area.
part time RN services in hospice care (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 5, 2017
I had a poor orientation for the job and didn't feel adequately prepared since this was my first job caring for patients in the home. I was pressured to do task that I hadn't been checked off on. I enjoyed the opportunity to have quality time with client and family and teach them about their care.
Pros
Cons
assignment change once you have started your day.
August 30, 2017

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Good place to work. Benefits very good
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 5, 2017
My 25 years at Gentiva was an overall good experience. I really enjoyed my job duties, The management while working there was quite a turnaround. They could not seem to keep that position filled.
August 30, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us. Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITm

Paperwork, Paperwork, more Paperwork.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 5, 2017
Great pay! If you like working for people who are not PTs, stuck in the 80s, nor know anything about the profession then this job is for you. You can make your own hours but your free time will be spent correcting paperwork because your nursing supervisors don't understand what PT is.
August 30, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Gentiva. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Very unfair
home health aid (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 3, 2017
This workplace is very unfair and not a professional place to work for. The case managers don't treat the crew with respect. They get mad at the crew and they will give u hardly any hours.
August 30, 2017

Thank you for sharing. To ensure your concerns are heard and to serve future employees better, it’s important for us to talk to you more about your experience. I am available at experience@kindred.com so we can talk in detail.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

Company bought out at that time created stress and instability in staff
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2017
Modestly stressful. Worked other roles without acknowledgement by management of being a team player. Role involved education and support of clinical staff. Responsible for PI and ADR. Often did admissions and home visits. Covered PCM responsibilities. Short of clinical staff stressful. Frequent turn off of case manager, on-call staff.

At the time company change over. Positions laid off.
No assistance with internal job placement.
Frequent change in managers, 3 branch directors in one year.
Overall a good company, probably better now under new management and procedures.
Pros
Self directed, flexable
Cons
job security
nice experience
hospice assistant (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 27, 2017
When we arrive at the office, we get our assignments for the day. I phone my patients to let them know around what time to be expecting my arrival. We develope a friendly relationship with our patients. sometimes we are the only person they see that day.It makes me feel good that someone needs my assistance.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 26, 2017
Scanned in records, orders, and answered incoming calls daily.
I learned a lot about the health of each patient, and how the team work is very important through any position.
The culture of the work place is very exciting I got to meet different people nurses and the Head office.
The hardest part of the job when there where patients that I talked to everyday died.
Coming to work and being apart of my team
Pros
Knowledge of the HIPPA laws
Cons
Patient deseased
Flexible
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 25, 2017
Very flexible if you have young kids. Great for setting your own schedule. However pay is based on per visit and is discouraging when patient load is low. Difficult to manage bills when income fluctuates as it does in home health. Limited time spent in the office which is good. Unfortunately it can consume your personal time with phone calls, charting and follow up. Great opportunity to meet new people in the field. You work very independently, must have strong organization skills and be a strong thinker on your feet.
Pros
flexible, great benefits
Cons
pay fluctuates, can consume your personal life, lots of driving
Management is not up to date , and they do not treat employees equally
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 24, 2017
the rate of pay is great , the Management is not up to par . Some employes can make decision they are not qualified for , and others are not even allowed to complain . long story short they need new Management .
work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with my patients in their homes. The independence was nice but the wear and tear on my car was a negative mark. Compassion and comfort is the goal that we as a team attempted to strive for.
Over- worked RN
Registered Nurse- Per diem (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2017
The workload was was horrible. I was up until midnight finishing the paperwork everynight and only get paid per visit. Gentiva is a good company to work for, however, home health care nursing has become an impossible and miserable job.
private duty
Home Health Private Duty Nurse, LVN (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Gentiva. I learned a lot about the inner workings of an private duty and some intermittent nursing, medication and communications. I would recommend
Pros
perdium
Cons
perdium
freedom with your schedule....teamwork
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapmanville, WVJuly 19, 2017
I found Gentiva to be a great job....it was the traveling that I didn't like and having to do my charts at home, leaves for not much of a home life...because most of my patients were in rural areas and didn't have access to wifi.
The company was new to hospice and has a great deal of strength in home health. They may have launched the hospice division too soon
regional Director of Operations/SALES (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 18, 2017
It's always a great day to have your team gather first thing in the morning to review the previous day and priorities the daily tasks. I found this as a Director an opportunity to give appreciations in real time and also to address short comings with opportunity to become better.
The nurses and care team had such great hearts and dedicated to their patients and families. The Medical Director was always available and willing to do whatever it took to make sure patients needs were met.
The company closed over 70 branches throughout the united states with very little notice to Executives. It was an unfortunate experience.
Pros
Great team of nurse and support staff
Cons
Company unable to be successful long term in hospice
A part-time position
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 14, 2017
This position offered/required opportunity for independent decision-making in the field and good time-management skills. Clients were often chronically ill or disabled; thus often isolated and appreciative of the emotional support and service offered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8