Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Senior Accounts Receivable Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Gentiva was a very stable workplace, however, there was no room for advancement and the salary was not very competitive for today's market. Managing staff was also not always professional.
December 9, 2017

Thank you for reaching out to let us know your experience. Would you be willing to talk with our team? The impact of sharing your concerns is crucial to the future experience of other employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Home Health PTA
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 8, 2017
Enjoyable time with patients in their homes, relaxed environment, ability to schedule my patients as I see fit, the hardest part of the job was the driving distances, the were and tear on my car, and having to drive in snow, ice and dangerous conditions. My supervisor allowed each therapist to schedule patients as needed.
Pros
Ability to work with a schedule that I designed, flexible hours and days, appreciative patients/
Cons
Too much driving between patients, not enough time with each patient
December 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete.

work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MD 21122December 7, 2017
lots of driving day in and day out, they make you go from one county to the next...... they hangout like they are in high school..... No time for that!!!!
December 9, 2017

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients and residents. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience working with us. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you prefer to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

over all rating three star
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 3, 2017
Company sold recently. Things are changing fast. There is a lot of turn over and restructuring. The Nursing shortage is affecting quality care. Working with Hospice patients is a calling and not just a job.
December 5, 2017

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? I can be reached at experience@kindred.com.

Thank you, Joy S, Manager, Kindred Healthcare

summary
Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCDecember 2, 2017
I would never have left if I had not been laid-off. would like to continue a career with them and have applied recently for a new job with them and will be waiting to hear.
December 4, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your experience working on our team.

Excellent Home Health Agency
Full - Time Home Health Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 29, 2017
Excellent Home Health Agency . Great management; Very proactive to be sure medicare guidelines and standards of care are followed before they become a problem 4 star rating on medicare. I would return to work there in a heartbeat
December 1, 2017

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We believe it is absolutely crucial to support our caregivers and always keep our patients and their families successes as the goal of our work.

This is an outpatient rehab center for traumatic brain injury clients
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  72327 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2017
I managed a the business office overseeing transportation of clients and supervising admin staff. Also brought all transcription services back in house after having had them done by a contractor. Also organized our transportation \employees into a separate and viable department.
Pros
I got to be creative and do various different jobs
Cons
I got replaced by my own employee
December 1, 2017

Rewarding
On-call LVN (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 27, 2017
Loved working with patient and families. gave a lot of meaning to life. self motivating work, great work experience. Most difficult time in someone's life and to be there for a family member in need is rewarding
November 29, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working at Kindred! Every single member of our team contributes to the successes of our patients and their families.

We would love for you to further share your experience. It will only take two minutes and the impact of sharing your success with potential team members is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITm

great home health orginaztion
Client care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 23, 2017
very caring staff and co-workers, like a family. Well known home health organization, would recommend to a family or friend if they ever need their services.
November 24, 2017

It was a good place to work until Kindred purchased Gentiva
Collector/ Biller/Follow Up (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 22, 2017
After Gentive was purchased by Kindred I saw a lot of discrimination and people climbing their way to the top regardless of how they had to do it.
Gentiva was an awesome company to work for when I went to work for them
Pros
the hours were great 7 am - 3:30 pm
Cons
Big company purchased Gentiva and morale went down
November 24, 2017

interesting new expierience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLNovember 18, 2017
Home health is unlike anything I have ever worked before , Oasis was big change from MDS, but I loved it. Seeing people in their homes and the different cultures and settings were refreshing
Pros
working on your own
Cons
alot of paperwork
November 19, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please consider sharing your experience with friends who are looking for a career in healthcare!

Great Manager's
MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2017
Working at Gentiva was a huge learning curve. Although I had worked in collections before I had not worked collections for Medicare/Medicaid payers and for a home health and hospice company. The work is very rewarding because of the business line and type of patients the business handled.
November 18, 2017

We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Please take this two-minute survey to share your experience and allow us to continue to provide the best support to our Gentiva team members. http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITm

Good place to work for experienced person
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 8, 2017
Home Health Care of all types. Lab draws, PT/INR testing. Wound Care, Patient and Family teaching.
What I learned was the need for education for the average person with and without medical background.
Management of time was a major factor in this position. Management at the facility was good,
The work place culture was mixed.
The hardest part of job was time management and attending meetings while trying to conduct patient schedules and care.
Not being micromanaged.
Pros
Working alone, yet having someone to call if needed
Cons
long drives without pay
November 13, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us.

Would you be willing to share more about your experience? It will only take two minutes, but the impact of sharing your successes with future employees is priceless! http://www.questionpro.com/t/ALUdMZaITd

Productive work enviornment
Senior Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 1, 2017
-Great work environment with great management and co-workers

-Worked with Manager and Data Analysts to use application programs, data queries and reports to load and extract data as required
Pros
Work enviornment & co-workers
Cons
N/a
November 2, 2017

Good patient care great nurses
Visit LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2017
Very condescending management. And very unsupportive of their employees. Concentration on improving the census not on improving patient care. Coworkers in the field are very nice but the management in the office are cutthroat.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Cutthroat management
November 2, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Gentiva. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412.

Very High Paced
Medical Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 28, 2017
Very busy work place when I was there, they had let go several employees with down-sizing & the job duties were then split up between all of us that remained causing a bit of a strain on the work environment. The field staff was amazing, a wonderful bunch of people to work with. The office manager was great- she was given so many duties to perform, but she handled it all very well. Management was new just before I left, so I cannot really speak to that affect. I felt very happy & like I had a purpose at that company for the most part & enjoyed my time with the company overall.
Pros
Plenty of PTO, Great Benefits
Cons
Lots of Down-sizing & lay-offs
October 30, 2017

Typical work day
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 27, 2017
Consisted of 3 or 4 different home visits to provide care with assessments, medication, wound care, treatments. Teaching and education on any individual need.
Pros
Ablity to prioritize and manage visits
Cons
Wear and tear on car
October 30, 2017

Very fun and productive enviorment
Little Rock - volunteer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 17, 2017
As a volunteer i did not do as much as an employee but helping the residents enjoy every day was the best part of volunteering. painting nails, puzzles, bingo, and small activities they loved to do
October 18, 2017

A temporary job at best
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXOctober 13, 2017
Enjoyed the flexibility. Did not enjoy many other things about working for this company which became Kindred at Home a few months after I was hired. The particular office I worked for was very unprofessional, unorganized and rude. The pay was minimal with no reimbursement/compensation for gas/mileage, no benefits, no promotions.
October 14, 2017

We do not wish for any employee experience to be a negative one. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com to talk to you about your experience. Or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous and report your concerns.

ok job
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2017
Private duty care to effectively plan and manage patient goals. Teach patient and family members about disease process and home care. Communicate effectively with interprofessional team regarding patient's needs, changes, or needs to facilitate excellent patient care.
October 10, 2017

We believe in maximizing the potential of our employees and the only way we can grow is to learn from our successes as well as our failures. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience and concerns from working with us. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may call our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 if you choose to remain anonymous. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.