Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

too many changes too often
Manager of Clinical Practice (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2015
Because of recent acquisitions in the last 3 years, there are always significant changes occurring, this leads to an unstable employee culture of insecurity
Gentiva Kindred
Revenue Cycle Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 9, 2015
i enjoying working for Gentiva, but would like advancement. Would recommend other personnel to apply with Gentiva home health.
Pros
relaxed work enirnoment
Cons
Should require further training of employees
Emotional abuse and manipulation
Therapist (Former Employee) –  TallahasseeOctober 6, 2015
Everyone is basically a new employee and everyone is miserable. Just saying that the corporation is disorganized would be a complete understatement. Your supervisors (of which I had several) will bully you and your colleagues. The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing 24/7. The harder I tried the worse it got. Several times I could hear someone crying in the director's office. Several times the director would call everyone into a meeting and then shout about what a terrible job we were doing. That's always great for morale. I encountered unprofessional and belittling behavior constantly via email and over the phone. Your caseload will be greater than you can manage. Patient care is less important than how many people you can see a day. I had so many patient's tell me that someone came in the door just as fast as they went out. That's not what I would want my loved one to face when in need. Quantity over quality. This is a toxic work environment and only breeds more negativity. This is only a job I would take if NOTHING else were available.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No work/life balance. Poor communication. High turnover.
Stay out of the office politics. Stay out of the office as much as possible.
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2015
There is no job security. In 3 months, 3 personnel were dismissed and 5 personnel resigned. PRN served as a full-time employee for nine months with a caseload of 60+, when position was advertised, it was given to a person outside of company with less pastoral experience. There are no opportunities for promotions.
Pros
The ability to work with patients and family members.
Cons
Management has no concern for personnel. If an employee is not favored by management, they will be dismissed and/or forced to resign.
Great Company
Field LPN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 5, 2015
Great Company to work for. Worked as a LPN in the field. Managers are very great and are there when you need them. Sometimes hard to manage work and home life. Hours are normal great but have to rotate weekends.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
balance between work and home
Reviewing Accounts Targeting new pportunities
Account Executive/Home Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples/Fort Myers, FLOctober 3, 2015
Day would start with maintenance calls and then some cold calls, visits to hospitals systems and nursing facilities. I had some great managers in my 11 year tenure at Gentiva. I enjoyed the energy level of this employment and my co-workers. Gentiva closed many offices in South Florida suddenly and was surprising to all of us. Having re-located to SC now I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Vacation time Benefits
Cons
Market unpredictability, Medicare cuts
Good Company to work for.
Customer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for this Company & my coworkers were very knowledgeable & helpful at times. The Company changed when they were bought out by an East Coast Company.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
New Company takeover
Team work a must and is encouraged
Licensed Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 1, 2015
Gentiva is a large company that focuses on patient-centered care. Team work is encouraged and is the center of true patient care. There is no micro-management which makes it delightful to perform your job.
RN Case Manager
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 1, 2015
Typical busy days.
preceptor turn over
managment turn over
wonderful co-workers everyone working as a team
coordinateing care and communication with all disciplies
Helping people in there homes d teaching caregivers.
Pros
some flexiblity
Cons
extensive charting
CNA (Former Employee) –  Rock hill SCSeptember 29, 2015
Don't leave your FT to go work there, CNA try to get over on new CNA work load sucks,drive time btw patients is awful & don't get paid drive time, if census are low you have to use PTO to even make up for hours, get paid by the visit, CNA is very unappreciated, and if your not in that certain group then your overlooked!!! Not a truthful,trustworthy company from my experience to work for!Everybody I've had close encounter with complains of wrong treatment but too scared to stand up for what's rite. The interview process sounded sweet but once I hit that field on my own it was horrible... You never know what to expect hour to hour,minute to minute working there. Please pray before accepting what's suppose to be full time before you leave a for sure full time job that's what happened to me.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Lack of communication, no for sure work, not knowing what your work will be like on a day to day basis.

Want to know more about Gentiva Health Services?

Ask a question
Work with people of all cultures and an exciting feeling of providing help to those in need
Povider (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Wonderful company to work for loved the support of the office personnel. Awesome feeling helping those that are in need, such a rewarding feeling knowing that I could be of any assistance. Knowing that you are needed and being able to fulfill those needs makes you want to keep going day after day and you cant put a price on that.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay, use own transportation
excellent patient care with a team of caring, skillful professionals.
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 26, 2015
The employees care about their patients. They have a high knowledge base in hospice and are experts in pain management.
Lots of travel
Home Health -Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 25, 2015
Majority of time is spent traveling between patients. With additional 45-90 minutes of paperwork per patient after the workday is done, which is non-compensated.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
large portion of day taken up with travel between patients, inconsistent case load.
Work
Payroll Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasSeptember 24, 2015
Gentiva is a good place to work for I really enjoy the people I work with they are very helpful with anything that is needed.
Productive and fast paced environment
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 20, 2015
This is a great place to work for. The benefits are great and they really do take care of their employees. This is a corporate setting and there is a lot of responsibilities that are involved in making sure that that the clients as well as the employees are taken care of. Everyone is friendly and ready to help at any given moment. There are also opportunities for growth.
Corporate mess
Home Health Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 17, 2015
There is no place for Speech Pathologists in this company. You can work yourself to death and never advance. My fellow therapists were great, but management was not to be trusted company wide.
Pros
great co workers and patient
Cons
no growth or reward for hard work
Loved my actual job with Gentiva
Senior Hospice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 17, 2015
Loved my actual job with Gentiva Hospice. They are difficult to work for. Management are demeaning to employees. Demands are high. Stress is high.
Pros
pays well
Cons
stressful with high demands
The pay is Very Good--You earn it
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 15, 2015
This company is all about the buck. They pay better than alot of their competitors because they have to. But then they get it back by pressuring you to work "off the clock", cheat you on mileage, etc.
PAYS WELL...but not worth it.
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 15, 2015
Never get a break...management has no idea what is going on and uses Pinterest as a means of communication. Mamagement has no desire to grow branch...and would rather lay low under the corporate radar. The place is sketchy at best. Do not trust Management.

LISTEN TO ME PEOPLE...theres a reason they pay so well.
Pros
Pay/Bens
Cons
Everything else
Gentiva was a very good company to work for and beleived souly in patient care.
LPN / CTC (Former Employee) –  Calhoun City, MSSeptember 13, 2015
I was very pleased with my job and my co-workers.I worked 14 years
for Gentiva Home Health and requested a part time job and there was no part time position available so I retired,Management was
supportive and I learned from them and all my colleagues.There was
a lot of variety in my daily job duties.