Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Compassionate caring people who really want to help others. They care about staff like family.
Their therapy helps people recover from illness and come out stronger than before. Everyone works as a team. Very good at what they do. Great to work for.
Pros
Professional, caring, loving, effective therapy, free food at meetings
Cons
Lots of driving, with paid mileage
Emergency Department is a hard job
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  NashvilleJanuary 17, 2017
Great job for two or three years. And then the grind of working in the Emergency Department was just too much. I can't see how this job would be different in another ED to be honest. It's just a tough job regardless.
Unorganized office; unstable
LPN/Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Gentiva is a good place to work overall. The office where I am located just has too many changes in paperwork/job duties.
Very unorganized and unstable environment.
Pros
Local
Cons
Unorganized and unstable
They are very helpful and give you room to grow and advance.
RN Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
They are a great place to work. I like working for this company. I don't really know what else to say. The employers are nice and considerate, but you have alot of documentation that is required when you are an RN.
Pros
good salary
Cons
long documentation
Productive nice place to work
Contract Assignment as Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 8, 2017
I would go to my office daily to get my patient load for the day. All the people in the office were always extremely helpful. I then would go out and visit my patients.
Company is fine, management isn't
Director of Clinical Management (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 31, 2016
Management at local branch is difficult, gossipy, childish and not honorable. Workload is sometimes unreasonable, favoritism is rampant.
Gentiva/Kindred is OK to work for, but this branch has alot of problems.
Home health agency
Care Team Coordinator / Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonDecember 30, 2016
Ability to use skills and move forward in positions is encouraged

Long work hours required in some positions

Negative culture / employees not disciplined appropriately to encourage a positive atmosphere

New transition to ownership by Kindred a positive step
Review for Gentiva
Hospice Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2016
Decent company, not the best morale or benefits. Requires personal time, and takes a tole on emotions. Expect weekend work and after hours work as norm.
lpn home visiting nurse
Immediate Supervisor Jamie Word, Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 26, 2016
A typical day as a visiting home health care nurse is very rewarding. Starting the day with receiving my daily visit schedule, checking physician orders, collecting needed supplies, organizing a route with efficiency and contacting patients to verify times that coordinating times best for the patient and/or caregiver.
The most challenging part of a career in home health is the travel area in which is cover. On a more personal level home health is a rewarding field due the time a nurse can spend with a patient and actually get to know the family and in some cases become part of the family. This definitely is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Nursing, as a whole, is a constant learning career. New studies, medications and procedures for different illness is truly fascinating.
As far as management of patients, coordination of care with the supervising RN, Physical Therapy, Occupational therapy, Speech Therapy and home health aides. Organization is the key to success.
Pros
learning great organizational skills and wonderful relationships with coworkers and patients
Cons
excessive travel in a day
Very supportive management. Quality co-workers with emphasis on teamwork in order to provide quality therapy and nursing for home health patients.
Began as PRN followed by full-time. (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 16, 2016
Great experience working for Gentiva in Carson City, NV. Management was very supportive and always available for guidance and help with issues that would arise. Excellent mentoring until I felt ready to go out on my own. They gave me as much time as I needed to feel comfortable with the job. One of the best employment experiences I've had!
Great to work on own and flexible.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 10, 2016
I recommend working here if you enjoy driving from patient to patient at their home. Schedule is flexible and it is rewarding to be able to help others with needs they cannot do on their own.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
LOTS of travel
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCDecember 8, 2016
I love the autonomy this company offers and the genuine camaraderie and respect between disciplines. Work/life balance can be a challenge though.

A typical day for a social worker is between 3 and 5 visits, depending on how much travel is involved that day.

Mileage reimbursement is really low, the lowest I've ever had, but it is processed timely.
Pros
competitive pay, lots of autonomy
Cons
too much driving, only two weeks vacation (no rollover)
I enjoy speaking to and assisting the patients.
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCDecember 8, 2016
I enjoy speaking to people and assisting the patients and visitors over the phone. It is a pleasure to be able to help someone who is in need.
Horrible Place to Work
LPN Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WVDecember 8, 2016
Very unprofessional management with no people skills, this company only cares about how much money they are making, not the patients and their needs, worst place to work!!!
Excellent company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 6, 2016
Loved working here!!!! Wish they hired LPNs but once I get my RN I will return. The pay is great the company is great very tight close knit family feel. The patients and family are all very nice. Management is always there to help you and they are very flexible. Best hospice company ever.
Hospice Sales and Marketing
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 4, 2016
I have loved called on my skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, hospitals and physicians to create awareness for hospice services through Gentiva, however, our clinical staff has turned over so many times this past 6-8 times that the facilities were leary of using our services. Things are much better now that we have switched to Kindred Hospice and gotten new management and clinical staff.
Pros
Love Hospice and helping patients and their families!
Cons
Management and staff constant changes
Slow environment
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 2, 2016
Very slow pace, it was an ok job opportunity.
Job included filing, answering phones, scheduling patients, putting together brochures.
Loved it
Hospice Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 1, 2016
Hands down the best company I've worked for. Room for growth. Great staff. What you see is what you get. They have great scheduling. Perfect for those who don't mind traveling
Pros
Ed verything
Cons
Driving
It is a great place to work.
Sr. Home Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNNovember 29, 2016
Great caring and compassionate clinicians! Gives excellent therapy and nursing services to the geriatric population. Provides lots of marketing materials and education to help in sales process.
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 18, 2016
Gentiva no longer is in business. The years I worked there I learned a great deal regarding the responsibilities of a care team leader for the home care patient population and the care team.
Pros
Flexable hours.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8