Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Great to work on own and flexible.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 10, 2016
I recommend working here if you enjoy driving from patient to patient at their home. Schedule is flexible and it is rewarding to be able to help others with needs they cannot do on their own.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
LOTS of travel
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Manning, SCDecember 8, 2016
I love the autonomy this company offers and the genuine camaraderie and respect between disciplines. Work/life balance can be a challenge though.

A typical day for a social worker is between 3 and 5 visits, depending on how much travel is involved that day.

Mileage reimbursement is really low, the lowest I've ever had, but it is processed timely.
Pros
competitive pay, lots of autonomy
Cons
too much driving, only two weeks vacation (no rollover)
I enjoy speaking to and assisting the patients.
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCDecember 8, 2016
I enjoy speaking to people and assisting the patients and visitors over the phone. It is a pleasure to be able to help someone who is in need.
Horrible Place to Work
LPN Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WVDecember 8, 2016
Very unprofessional management with no people skills, this company only cares about how much money they are making, not the patients and their needs, worst place to work!!!
Excellent company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 6, 2016
Loved working here!!!! Wish they hired LPNs but once I get my RN I will return. The pay is great the company is great very tight close knit family feel. The patients and family are all very nice. Management is always there to help you and they are very flexible. Best hospice company ever.
Hospice Sales and Marketing
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 4, 2016
I have loved called on my skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, hospitals and physicians to create awareness for hospice services through Gentiva, however, our clinical staff has turned over so many times this past 6-8 times that the facilities were leary of using our services. Things are much better now that we have switched to Kindred Hospice and gotten new management and clinical staff.
Pros
Love Hospice and helping patients and their families!
Cons
Management and staff constant changes
Slow environment
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 2, 2016
Very slow pace, it was an ok job opportunity.
Job included filing, answering phones, scheduling patients, putting together brochures.
Loved it
Hospice Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CADecember 1, 2016
Hands down the best company I've worked for. Room for growth. Great staff. What you see is what you get. They have great scheduling. Perfect for those who don't mind traveling
Pros
Ed verything
Cons
Driving
It is a great place to work.
Sr. Home Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNNovember 29, 2016
Great caring and compassionate clinicians! Gives excellent therapy and nursing services to the geriatric population. Provides lots of marketing materials and education to help in sales process.
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 18, 2016
Gentiva no longer is in business. The years I worked there I learned a great deal regarding the responsibilities of a care team leader for the home care patient population and the care team.
Pros
Flexable hours.
Cons
Good working enviroment and the employees are so amazing!
Administrative Assistant Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
Best Hospice. the employees are well mannered and grounded in their work. They are respectful and kind hearted.
Lots of food during break!!!
Good Company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2016
Management, co-worker and schedulers are very nice and ready to answer any questions I had. This company had very good communication skills. I loved this company!
Safe enviroment
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 7, 2016
Going into different residents timely manner and provide quality.That the elderly are not afraid to face death.Management was not always supportive,but efficient in getting hours.Good teamwork with some of the emloyers. Driving in the snow when the weather was bad.Making your own hours.
Pros
Lunch time when you decide.
Cons
Driving in the storm.
Volunteer
Patient Care- Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 6, 2016
I volunteered my time to offer companionship to those who were in nursing homes and hospices. I helped them eat, read books to them, accompanied them to their activities for the day and just talked with them. It was a very fulfilling and eye opening volunteer job that I learned a lot from. I would love to get a job working at a nursing home or assisted living facility.
Productive and very rewarding
Case management (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 4, 2016
A typical day consists of day to day traveling to different patients. I learned a variety of skills pertaining to wound care. Management was easy to talk to and helpful. Co-workers worked well together. The hardest part of the job is traveling in bad weather and reimbursement, The most enjoyable part of job is the autonomy.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Money
Care Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCOctober 31, 2016
Enjoy working at Gentiva with a great bunch of women and men. Gentiva is a fun place to work. Always celebrating something. You work 8-5 but you do not feel like you punch a time card.
Unfairly terminated as stated by unemployment judge
Home Health RN, Manager of Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 26, 2016
Became a hostile working enviroment after I had taken off work after breaking a wrist and ankle, then with loss of mother, father and spouse. Director made it known that I would be required to work weekend shift even after knowing spouse was in ICU and dying. Was terminated on a Friday and spouse passed away on following Tuesday.
Loved the clinicians, but management was HORRIBLE
CTC (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 26, 2016
I absolutely loved the clinicians, but the branch director and MCP were best friends outside of work and the acted very unprofessional at work. One minute they would be acting like teenage girls and cutting up while watching videos on their phone then the next minute they will CUSS you out.If you were on their "LIST" you were gonna be fired.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor management
Review of Company
employeer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2016
company is ok salary is ok , management sucks . They do nothing to retain their employees and just assign responsibilities to employees without asking
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Professional environment with caring employees
LPN/ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSOctober 19, 2016
This job was with a hospice company, a Kindred Care affiliate. I was proud to be hired by this company and to be a part of helping with the needs of hospice patients. However, it wasn't quite the position I had thought it would be. It required a little bit more of a sales approach than a nursing approach. It just wasn't a good "fit" for me, nor was I one for it. Really enjoyed the people I worked with. Had a great, easily approachable supervisor, who does all she can to promote teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8