Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Good co workers and enjoyed patient care
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ROANOKE, VAOctober 20, 2015
Orientation period was not long enough due to short staffing when I was hired. A lot of the paperwork is repetition, not enough time to finish it and ended up doing it on your own time without compensation. Extensive travel with low reimbursement for mileage
To many chiefs
Bank of America provides commercial, retail banking services as well as different credit cards to customers and businesses
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2016
BOA is more accessible and comprehensive application that has viewing ability, which would enable customer to easily access various features.
To work with team players that have love and compassion for those that are in need of love.
Health Care Provider/ Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2016
I find every thing that i have read is sufficient for my needs and a great opportunity to be a team player with your company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
15 minute break
love working with ppl I can bond with. espescailly when it comes down on doing one on one daily livings.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Childress, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I've been certified as a c.n.a since 2001. Love doing what I do. I feel like I have alot to offer and I can really make see it for their selves and in others eyes as well.
Pros
just being involved in ones life
Cons
dont understand
Only wants to be number one
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALMay 28, 2016
Upper management turn over every 3-6 months. Office management has no clue. Never enough. Always needs more. Rn case managers complain about everything everyday. Back stabbing all day long.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Great company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2016
They do really well with taking care of their employees and putting patients first. They provide quality care and have great specialty programs. This is a nationwide company and provides great care across the nation.
Gentiva Home Health
My job is as a Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 3, 2015
Acceptable place to work. Could have better benefits but overall fair.
Growing and expanding to keep up with the changing dynamics of health care.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Can only see a certain amount of patients per day.
Productive, fun work enviornment
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WVApril 18, 2016
Loved going to work. I had an amazing team that was fun to work with. I managed RN, LPN, PT, OT, PTA, COTA, HHA. We averaged about 220. I was the quality assurance manager. I reviewed oasis, paperwork, medicare billing.
Productive and fast paced environment
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 20, 2015
This is a great place to work for. The benefits are great and they really do take care of their employees. This is a corporate setting and there is a lot of responsibilities that are involved in making sure that that the clients as well as the employees are taken care of. Everyone is friendly and ready to help at any given moment. There are also opportunities for growth.
Good
Records Coordinator/H.R. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 29, 2016
A very nice and balanced company to work for, this is a Home Health office with lots of pros and room to grow in the for the future.
Nubmer and dollar driven environment
Branch Director/Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Magee, MSNovember 2, 2015
Not a bad place to work but money and census are made more important than patients or employees. Local management is no concerned with employees needs or needed time off. No pay increases in more than 3 years.
professional environment
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNMay 6, 2016
independently work throughout day efficiently from visit to visit following schedule of patients provided by scheduling coordinator and communicating with team of each patient
Great Company
Field LPN (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 5, 2015
Great Company to work for. Worked as a LPN in the field. Managers are very great and are there when you need them. Sometimes hard to manage work and home life. Hours are normal great but have to rotate weekends.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
balance between work and home
Highly productive sales and operations team.
Senior Home Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed a great working environment while with Gentiva in San Luis Obispo, CA. While with them I was able to grow market share and referrals from 16/wk to 25/wk in the first 3 years I was with them. I learned a lot about various disease states and issues with vestibular and balance issues. Gentiva's clinical sales training was excellent!
Pros
Base salary and bonus structure, great collaboration between operations and sales teams, good teamwork with colleagues.
Cons
Limited collaboration with my last manger.
I love this workplace!
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 13, 2016
I love going in to Gentiva, The people there are amazing and so is the environment. This is a volunteer position, but I like to put in 100%. I love what the company stands for and the services this Hospice provides to its patients and their families. I handle mostly paperwork and organizational duties. I love it.
Management could have been better
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2016
They gave me 3 days training as a brand new RN grad then expected me to succeed. Was not satisfied with management team. Heard they changed training so it may be much better now.
Gentiva Review
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
I clock in with my clients house phone and make sure my client has used the bathroom and has eaten, then I lay her down for a nap. I learned how to properly care for a elderly person. I have no co-workers its just me and my client in her home. The hardest part of the job is working for a client who family is over your back telling you how to do your job. The most enjoyable part is when you and your client gets to bond and laugh and talk about the things going on in each other lives. Good to have someone to talk to.
Pros
You get to relax most of the day
Cons
You have to change diapers and communicate with the clients family if they have any.
Hard work, poor dispersement of patient load. Good co workers.
Home Health RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VAAugust 21, 2015
A typical day of work, I would start my day about 9am, as many older adults refuse early am visits. I would perform wound care, education, IV site visits...a variety of tasks during the day. I was hired to perform 25 visits a week, but often ended up seeing 30-35 patients a week. My area was Bedford county, but we were occasionally asked to see patients in surrounding counties to help out another branch.
My coworkers were great, but most of the time, we were all overwhelmed, or one nurse had an overfull schedule, while another was not meeting her productivity. My coworkers were all very supportive of each other.
Management has become more about money and numbers, at times having unrealistic expectations.
I enjoyed the patient visits very much. I worked well with the elderly, and was well loved by my patients.
I learned all about home health, and broadened my knowledge of diseases.
The hardest part of the job was trying to perform quality care to every patient when you were seeing too many patients in a day, consistently.
Pros
Flexible hours, loved the patient contact
Cons
Poor mileage reimbursement, long days
too many changes too often
Manager of Clinical Practice (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2015
Because of recent acquisitions in the last 3 years, there are always significant changes occurring, this leads to an unstable employee culture of insecurity
political environment with a dedication to home health services
HIPAA Training Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2015
Lots of politics and unfair practices with the corporation. Offers lots of great services for patients. Lots of members let go for innocuous reasons,
Pros
team members
Cons
compensation