Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work with wonderful people.
SITE REVENUE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMarch 3, 2017
I was very happy at Gentiva. Unfortunately, job security was an issue for me. Gentiva was purchased by a national health conglomerate who decided my position was no longer needed across the southeast region.
Worked here part time
Supervisor of Provider (Current Employee) –  Hugo, OKMarch 2, 2017
Home health company with good standards. The comuters are not very good system for the area, poor internet, makes it hard to do your visits while you are in the home.
Corporate homcare agency that treats employees right
Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2017
Gentiva Healthcare created an enjoyable work environment and encouraged and supported all of its employees to maximize their potential. They focused on being an advocate for their patients while developing relationships in order to grow.
Very active, always on the go.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 1, 2017
I traveled in my own vehicle to patient's homes to provide any assistance needed for activities of daily living. From bathing to laundry care. Also reporting any concern to RN or DR. Documenting everything.
Loved the people I worked with
Hospice Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Management needed improvements. The people I worked directly with with great. The company was getting bought out and was changing culture.
Great working environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2017
This is where I was first allowed the privilege of learning the medical field. I learned so much that when this company was acquired and I was laid off I was able to take that knowledge to Carolinas Healthcare.
Pros
Great work force
Cons
Totally new job skills for me
Manager of Clinical Practice (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 16, 2017
This is a family-like environment work place. It is extremely fast paced and exciting on a daily basis. The managers are sweet and helpful if there are any needs.
Pros
flexible
Cons
balancing life and work
Good for partime work if willing to drive.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Good company. Not many patients in my area need to be willing to drive around. Certain management ladies have attitudes and take forever to help out when needing things done.
good place to work
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLFebruary 7, 2017
good place to work with helpful supervisors and good work environment with team approach to patient care. good communication within rehab disciplines
fair
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I worked there for a long time and when management changed ,it became to demanding and was not able to every have family time due to all of the double charting required . I enjoyed my patients but was unable to provide the care needed do to all paperwork
Pros
freedom from being in one place
Cons
charting
ED did not have nursing experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Not good office dynamics. Lack of support of field staff by middle and upper management. Complaints not listened to. Massive loss of field staff due to lack of response of management.
very nice workplace
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2017
The typical day at work was meeting new clients and learning all about durable medical equipment supplies. Call center was extremely busy and you got to learn about the company and products. I learned that Blue cross blue shield companies from other states had almost similar polices and procedures.
Good compensation and benefits
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Great team with strong leadership and attainable goals. Compassionate, caring staff. Support from upper management. Great incentives for meeting goals.
negative place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 22, 2017
Lacks communication, the training is often late and inadequate, very over worked. Year after year they have told me the same lies of improvement, more nurses and staff and has not happened.
Pros
love my patients
Cons
the business side, corporate, lack of communication
Good Co-Workers
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 20, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Gentiva. Overall most people were professional and great to work with. Worked at the FSU in OP and work is split by teams and area covering. They tried to change your case load every six months or so. Sometimes collections just need a new set of eyes. At the FSU you work closely with each branch you are assigned to make sure all billing requirements have been fulfilled so they are paid the max allowable.
Pros
Good benefits when I worked there
Cons
Drive. Not so great about letting people either come in late or take of due to weather.
Be prepared to work at home many additional hours
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Pay rate fluctuates by task and is not addressed from the start. More often than not you will be charting and making calls late into the night. Much of the office does not understand what it is like to be out in the field and time management. Co-workers are friendly, but often burnt out. Schedule will change daily, if not by the minute.
Company as whole great, sub divisions lacking management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Great Company Model, Outstanding training and business development. Short comings are local sites, poorly managed. existing politics and restraints, enabling no territory growth.
Again AWESOME company, local management self imploding, in regards to marketing and sales. one example, new marketer given a territory, allowed to call on physician, but no access to Hospital in same pavilion. Absurd! Account hoarding by senior reps, threatened by new reps existing relationships with accounts.
Pros
Great concept and staff training
Cons
local management
Best Job Ever
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Compassionate caring people who really want to help others. They care about staff like family.
Their therapy helps people recover from illness and come out stronger than before. Everyone works as a team. Very good at what they do. Great to work for.
Pros
Professional, caring, loving, effective therapy, free food at meetings
Cons
Lots of driving, with paid mileage
Emergency Department is a hard job
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  NashvilleJanuary 17, 2017
Great job for two or three years. And then the grind of working in the Emergency Department was just too much. I can't see how this job would be different in another ED to be honest. It's just a tough job regardless.
Unorganized office; unstable
LPN/Patient Care Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Gentiva is a good place to work overall. The office where I am located just has too many changes in paperwork/job duties.
Very unorganized and unstable environment.
Pros
Local
Cons
Unorganized and unstable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentiva Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8