Gentiva Health Services Employee Reviews

ok company from what I remember
Home Health RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I did not work for this HHA very long as they decided to only service the other side of the DFW metroplex. It has been many years since I worked here. I recall loving the other RN that I worked with. As usual my patients were my pride and joy!
Management Doesn't Have a Clue
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 25, 2016
I cannot speak for other Gentiva locations, but the San Marcos location is a horrible place to work. When I first started working there, I was paired with many of the Case Managers on their visits for the day. I was amazed at how quickly they opened up to me. They talked about management and disorganized they are. One manager will tell you to chart one way and then you will get the document returned from another manager telling you to make those changes back the way you had them. Very, very disorganized. And they chastise you when they are correcting you about something. They would speak to me like I was 10 years old and I had done something wrong. The training I received before I was on my own was ridiculous. I had only observed one admission, and management gave me an admission twice a week. There are many hospice companies out there who have a competent management team. Looking for new employment now!
Pros
RNs work as a team. They all think the same about management, as they all told me, even when I was very new.
Cons
Unprofessional, unethical, and abusive management. If you want to spend some time in a psych ward, go work for this company a while.
The Company
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2015
My client was actually great I felt sad when I had to leave her. I just think the company itself needs a lot of improvement with front desk associates and coordinators. The pay isn't that great either. I will go back only if I needed too or if my client will ask me too. The good news is that before I left I think they were under new management. Hopefully the were going to change some things for the better.
Pros
Availability
Cons
Pay is Awful
huge turnover/no accountability
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLNovember 16, 2015
Run away! As fast as you can. RN s get the short end of the stick every time unless you have friends in the office. A different nurse every visit. Schedulers dont know what they re doing. Run all over creation. Work 8 hrs see 3 patients because you have to be "available" while the others (with friends in the office) make the $$$. Patients complaint, nothing is done. Some nurses are like warm bodies. Staff complaint, youre ignored. Management cover for each other. You end up getting blamed for whatever you reported.. weekends you get 8,9,10 visits because other nurses "push" their visits to the weekend or scheduler "didnt know" etcetcetcetcetc
Run fast!
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything
hard work but rewarding
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 8, 2016
Travel is approximately 100 miles a day. Patient care is individualized. Lots of paperwork is the downside to this job. Staff is wonderful
Working as a triage nurse is very satisfying but the boss at triage makes it hard to enjoy work.
Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 12, 2015
Gentiva as a company is good to work with but the management at san Bernardino office needs help with treating people with respect. This is especially in triage department. Professional bully and allow other hate and bullying is a common practice in triage department. This makes most employees dissatisfied. I think upper management should take a closer look at how current supervisor is making people feel "outsiders"
Gentiva Review
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
I clock in with my clients house phone and make sure my client has used the bathroom and has eaten, then I lay her down for a nap. I learned how to properly care for a elderly person. I have no co-workers its just me and my client in her home. The hardest part of the job is working for a client who family is over your back telling you how to do your job. The most enjoyable part is when you and your client gets to bond and laugh and talk about the things going on in each other lives. Good to have someone to talk to.
Pros
You get to relax most of the day
Cons
You have to change diapers and communicate with the clients family if they have any.
Very caring and professional environment
Volunteer - Chart Auditing, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Gentiva was a very caring and professional environment to work. It was a pleasure to volunteer with them and be a part of something that deeply touched the patient and their family.
Managment was not very organized
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pollocksville, NCNovember 10, 2015
Working for gentiva was a learning curve. It was my first time in home health care and really enjoyed the patients and the work. Except i was driving over 4 counties when i was hired to cover 3, the management team was not united on anything and changed their "protocol" when it suited them. It was a great experience to be in the field, but very hard company to work for.
Good
Records Coordinator/H.R. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 29, 2016
A very nice and balanced company to work for, this is a Home Health office with lots of pros and room to grow in the for the future.
Nope
RN CM (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 23, 2016
failing organization, high turn over rate, high caseload for nurses, not a good place to work. Seek employment somewhere else.
Demanding and rewarding work
Hospice Specialist/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2015
Challenging service/solution to sell. Great group of sales and clinical professionals. I enjoy the opportunity to be out in the community every day.

There are many rewards in this industry, however after almost five years I am ready for a change
Pros
Satisfaction knowing that you are making the difference in the lives of the patients we are serving, opportunity to educate and empower the community to make educated healthcare decisions
Cons
Tough market, extremely competitive. Can be very demanding. Sometimes difficult to find a work-life balance
friendly environment
Branch Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 23, 2015
very busy day with traveling and many hours of work completion after the day of seeing patients for an RN. In management it is very busy as well more than usual. company doesn't allow for extra people to hire due to the budget and cuts by Medicare in trying to keep the money in, but less regards to the employees that have to do the work.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
much charting after the day of seeing patients, May miss many hours with the family with time working.
not a bad place to work, just a lot of new face,s
Cna/hha (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 28, 2015
very productive workplace a lot of new changes since our merger but overall it,s okay we strive to give the best patient care available, patients always come first that's our primary goal
Pros
no hassles liberty
Cons
geographics
Stay out of the office politics. Stay out of the office as much as possible.
Spiritual Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 6, 2015
There is no job security. In 3 months, 3 personnel were dismissed and 5 personnel resigned. PRN served as a full-time employee for nine months with a caseload of 60+, when position was advertised, it was given to a person outside of company with less pastoral experience. There are no opportunities for promotions.
Pros
The ability to work with patients and family members.
Cons
Management has no concern for personnel. If an employee is not favored by management, they will be dismissed and/or forced to resign.
Reviewing Accounts Targeting new pportunities
Account Executive/Home Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples/Fort Myers, FLOctober 3, 2015
Day would start with maintenance calls and then some cold calls, visits to hospitals systems and nursing facilities. I had some great managers in my 11 year tenure at Gentiva. I enjoyed the energy level of this employment and my co-workers. Gentiva closed many offices in South Florida suddenly and was surprising to all of us. Having re-located to SC now I would love to work for them again.
Pros
Vacation time Benefits
Cons
Market unpredictability, Medicare cuts
Productive, challenging, learning experience with unpredictable changes that go with the job.
Presently Employed as a Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, Ca.October 16, 2015
It provides a wide variety of experiences in advancing my nursing skills. The patients are generally very appreciative of the assistance provided which is very rewarding.
Pros
A wide variety of nursing experiences.
Cons
MDs are occasionally less than timely responsive.
Good place to work. Cares for their patients
LPN (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 6, 2016
I have had good experiences at Gentiva homehealth. I am still employed there. Due to our census low, I am not getting enough work. I only want to work 2-3 days per week.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Not enough work
Great employer
Medical Billing Collector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 2, 2016
Great employer, very involved in employees well being at work. Holds frequent activities to boos company morale. Only downfall is high expectations
Work with people of all cultures and an exciting feeling of providing help to those in need
Povider (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Wonderful company to work for loved the support of the office personnel. Awesome feeling helping those that are in need, such a rewarding feeling knowing that I could be of any assistance. Knowing that you are needed and being able to fulfill those needs makes you want to keep going day after day and you cant put a price on that.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough pay, use own transportation

2.7