Gentle Dental and Orthodontics

Gentle Dental and Orthodontics Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work for someone without too much experience
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 22, 2015
The office I worked for was great. The dentist, front desk, assistants, and manager were amazing. Never any drama and it felt like it was privately owned because we all believed in quality not quantity. Unfortunately after 7 years of experience and 2 years of working for this office my pay was topped out, meaning I could stay there 5 more years and never receive another raise. The pay and benefits were good, and the bonuses were also nice. I didn't like the fact that we were opened until 7pm some days and one sat a month :(
Pros
pay rate, benefits, bonuses
Cons
opened late and weekends
Hostle Work Enviorment
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2015
No team support and Drs and Staff are always changing. Managers spend more time doing conference calls than working with office and Patients never hear back from them. They seem to focus on patient Balances yet cant seem to keep the office bills up and paid. Office had Cable turned off multiple times, got a number of collection call from companies, saying our account is past due. No office janitorial staff.
great company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 22, 2013
great company with good benefits, I enjoy the flexibility as well as the up-beat but professional staff.
benefits
Avoid this company.
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJanuary 14, 2014
I worked for this company for over a year. We did not have a single office manager that stayed for more than 3 months. The doctor I assisted was the biggest reason I stayed as long as I did, as well as our PCC. The two of them made the company worth working for. The benefits are really expensive, and really not as impressive as they pan them out to be. The company doesn't hire enough help and makes you run around with your head cut off until you beg and plead them for help, then it takes them 5 months to finally consider hiring someone. Yet they make you feel guilty for working overtime because you didn't want to leave anything undone, because you would have to do it all tomorrow during your double booked day when there is only one you. I learned that this was an awful choice to leave my private practice office for. The hardest part of my job was being alone with no help at all and expected to order everything, place things away, set up for the next 3 procedures, clean everything, shut everything down, set them all up. Their expectations are absurd and unrealistic. The only enjoyable part of my job was working with my doctor and patient care coordinator... who I often tried to get their own private practice. Because we all knew we were under paid and not getting what we want. This company has no values for their employees. I placed a 2 weeks notice and NO ONE said anything about it, not my VERY part time office manager or the regional manager... until 2 days before my last day asking me to extend my time with them.... really?! Oh, and had I not e-mailed them my notice, no one  more... would of seen in until the day I left, because that was the next time any "manager" decided to show up at the office. Poorly ran places, I have no idea how so many are open still. They do not treat their patients with the care they all deserve. Will never in my life, work for a corporate dental office. You only have job security because they don't hire enough people.  less
Cons
way too much to list.
don't work at Gentle Dental
management (Former Employee) –  orange county,ca.July 30, 2014
worked for this company for close to 7yrs. and for my Xmas bonus
was laid off the week before Xmas. No severance pay, nothing.
that's the thanks one gets for working hard, and being loyal to
their employer.

they have a bad reputation & bad reviews online by patients
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no breaks, no reviews.
worse place to work
manager (Former Employee) –  mesa, ArizonaDecember 17, 2013
This place sucks management is the worse! Never work for them they are crooks!!! The staff is great their dentistry sucks most of the doctors just graduated from school and are practicing on you with no real experiences. Run while you can before you make the biggest mistake of your life!
Worst experience ever
assistant (Former Employee) –  oregonMay 3, 2014
worked many years for this company and they could care less about any employee working for them. All they care about is their money coming in. Glad I'm gone and will never return!!!!!
Pros
staff was great except dome new doctors
Cons
working as slaves
Great learning enviornment
Externship (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORAugust 26, 2013
I was an extern for three weeks at this location. I learned a lot and gained valuable experience.

2.7