Gentle Dental Employee Reviews

Patients are numbers
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2017
Hygiene wages are low base salary plus production. If you are not a senior staffer you get patients worth no production, therefor you are earning base salary which is an insult to your education.
Pros
splatter gown supplied
Cons
money
hated it
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2017
this job was very unprofessional the company has a very high hiring turnover rate. I worked their under two different title just to try and stay with this company because it was very convent for me.
great place if u can be top ten
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMay 15, 2017
this office is very very productive oriented. must meet procuction to get ahead your compared weekly to every other RDH in the state
must meet production goals
if you want to learn you can learn alot!
Patient Care Coordinator, Orthodontics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2017
interact with patients in the most professional manner as they are normally anxious to be at the dentist. we provide the most comfortable environment possible. Billing insurances, receiving and posting checks and following up on unpaid claims. Organizing periodontist Dr's procedures and pre-auths and schedule also same with the orthodontist's patients.
Pros
if you have an awesome doctor she will buy you lunch
Cons
healthcare benefits not great. sick time is vacation time. not constant staff.
No communication between staff and management
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 4, 2017
They don't care about there employees, they make promises and don't stand by them. Communication is horrible, patients constantly complain about the office and billing.
Amazing
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2017
I only had an internship position at Gentle Dental. But for the few months I was there I had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the environment. A typical day at Gentle Dental consisted of assisting the dentist and the EFDA, setting up and breaking down rooms, instrument sterilisation, taking impressions, pouring models. The only hard part was the fact that they couldn't keep me.
Pros
all pros
Cons
I couldn't stay
Good beginning office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAApril 25, 2017
I worked here just as it was opened, so the schedule was very light and there weren't a ton of opportunities to work alongside the doctor because the other assistant with more experience gets the appointments. The office manager and doctor are wonderful and very nice. They are welcoming and willing to teach.
Awful environment for patients and employees
Back Office (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZApril 21, 2017
This office continues to employe the most unprofessional and disrespectful front office people no matter what complaints are brought to the office manager and corporates attention by both employees and also patients. This office will never be successful until they can have an employee up front who can welcome patients with kindness and respect and who can talk to patients in person and over the phone without making them feel unimportant and stupid. The bullying that goes on in the office is unreal and how a person can treat their fellow professionals and employees so blatantly disrespectfully makes me wonder how long this office is going to last with the amount of turn around one person can cause!
nice office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMarch 29, 2017
beautiful office, orthodontist and general dentist both practiced there. very busy schedule so i was always on the move. best part was the connection with patients
Great staff and culture
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 18, 2017
This position was part time filling in for the primary doctor who had surgery
great staff
great associates
good compensation
the owners are compassionate friendly and understanding
Pros
no micro-management

Want to know more about Gentle Dental?

Ask a question
fun place to work at
Dental Assistant Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 9, 2017
They made me feel comfortable the whole 6 weeks, I learned so much and I appreciate them so much. All of the staff works well together it was like a family.
Learned lots of things
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I liked externing here it was a very good experience. I would have loved to stay there, but unfortunately I couldn't. The hardest part about the job was having to grasp the way they do things because learning them in a class room is way different. The most enjoyable part about the job was all of the RDA'S that I worked with. They were all very helpful and very patient with me.
Pros
always busy, always something to learn
Cons
short breaks
Great Doctors
RDA (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAFebruary 27, 2017
At the time it was a very nice company to work for. I started in the year 2007 and worked there until about October of 2014. I got to meet a variety of Dental professionals. And in doing so became aware of multiple dental procedures as well as how the office is ran and maintained.
Disappointment
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 20, 2017
I learned a lot on how to advance in my career because employees are thrown in situations in which you do not have a choice, but to succeed. On a daily routine at work there is a lot of negativity, and management is so over stressed sometimes it is hard to get what you need accomplished. The most enjoyable part of working with Gentle Dental is the team with out each and everyone of the Doctors/ assistants/staff you would not be able to make it. The hardest part of the job is the high turn over, you will get someone trained and then the next day they are either transitioning them out or they are being let go because they didn't make the cut. I would not change working with them one bit, because it has shown me the kind of practice manager i would want to be for my team!
Pros
put in tough situations which forces you to learn and excel yourself
Cons
Poor management, high turn over, disrespectful Corporate representatives
Great Place to Work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 14, 2017
Very Caring staff and Management, including the Doctors. Great pay and hours! Fun and Productive, supportive and felt like family!
Not a friendly, family environment. All about the money not the CAREING
Receptionist/Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Some of the staff are funny, energetic and very knowledgeable but at the same time, burnt out and under paid. Everyone is non trusting of the other. Alot of putting the blame on someone not admitting when you're at fault. When in fact it doesn't matter, it's a corporation and the only thing that matters is the numbers, not the patients or the employees.
Pros
Health/Dental Insurance
Cons
Long hours with no incentives, not a TEAM organization
Very good company
Hygienist - 35521 (Current Employee) –  New Baltimore, MIDecember 13, 2016
This company is offers a great place to work, with really nice and friendly doctors. The position is full time and offer health care benefits.
Great staff and very family oriented
Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MINovember 26, 2016
What I like most:
Own and operated by women
Office manager is nice
Owner is compassionate
Celebrity Patients
Bi-Lingual Staff
good
Dental Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 15, 2016
good, great expierence and alot of learning, all the staff is very helpful and awsome, love being there as an externship wish i could of worked there
Think twice...
East Valley Orthodontic Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 4, 2016
In the lower-level positions at Gentle Dental, it is fast paced, but not too stressful.. Unfortunately, you do not have lee-way with any adjustment decisions, so if a patient waits 2 hours for an appointment you still do not have authority to waive their $5 copay. It would be better if managers had a tad more authority to make decisions for their office.
Pros
401k, discounted dental care, affordable health insurance
Cons
no breaks, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentle Dental. Our community is ready to answer.