Gentle Dental Employee Reviews in United States

New applicant need not apply
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2016
New employees will get the worst hours and saturday schedules. You never know what time your lunch is or if you will even get a full lunch. There's no balance between outside life and work. One doctor tries to be everyone's friend and invites employees to go have drinks then talk behind their backs. Have a drink or two with the woman in charge and maybe you can added to the favorite list, if not don't waste your time with the lazy employees who always has something to complain about. Don't waste your time to the bonus structure they may seem promising, but there is no bonus.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Lousy hours, employee confidentiality, favoritism and all the women drama around the office
Money driven and nothing else matters
Assist dentist (Former Employee) –  Tucson arizonaAugust 16, 2016
Worked at this company 4 years. Did have a couple small raises but still was under paid for my experience. Company had me training fresh out of college students who got hired making more than I was making hourly. Bonus rarely giving, added more tasks on employees with no awards. 1 review for possible raise given in all.the 4 years I was employeed. HR, Clinical directors and manager lack attentiveness to further employees concerns. Schedules over booked lack of respect for employee labor.
Very poor company to work for and lack of appreciation towards employees .
Pros
Great detailed dentist willing to train
Cons
Greed, unorganized and deceitful company
Very Busy and Managed well
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolf Point, MTAugust 6, 2016
Loved working with all the kids
Loved the Experience
Grateful for the training
Awesome Boss/Instructor
Lovely Environment
productive and okay place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 4, 2016
Overall the company is awesome company, but there are some cons that I just don't agree with. First off this company doesn't offer sick time. They want you to use your PTO for when your sick, which isn't fair at all. Another thing about this job is that they don't allow you to use your phones during the day, in todays society a phone is the biggest way we communicate, and I don't have my phone would I know that there's a family emergency. Other then that the company is steady growing, and they are trying to find ways for us to do more activities as company, instead of individual departments.
hours
Office Mannager (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMay 22, 2016
Hours worked no overtime this should not be required. Would like to proceed with my application. It was a place to work. No culture. No sense of security. Your are number and replaceable
Pros
80 hrs
Cons
work more
Uptight employee
Dental Assistant (Extern to Hire) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2016
Hired on from extern. Cool company to work for, particular office not so much. I made due but would not work under those conditions again.
Pros
hired fresh off of extern $15/hr
Cons
conflicting personalities traits
The people i work with are great
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OR 97086February 26, 2016
I loved working here because it felt like family the down side was commuting everyday. I would pull charts for all the specialty drs, call on insurance benefits, confirm appointments, schedule treatment, review treatment plans and possible finance options.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
commuting
Will explain in my interview
Surgical Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 9, 2016
I was a traveling Oral Surgery Assistant. Assisting the doctor in many different oral surgery procedures. I used my experience to help and train new assistants in the practice.
Not productive, ran out of basic needs, such as gloves, masks, x-ray film
RDA (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 23, 2016
I have worked in enough offices, and realize that things happen and go wrong, but working for this office/company was nothing but stressful and embarrassing. There were not enough hand pieces to perform procedures, and were constantly running out of supplies. I could go on and on, but I am just happy I no longer work there.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
n/a
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2016
manager didn't treat co-workers equal
pt's was always happy to see me
got along great with co-workers
the day was stressful when the manager is
assistant manager/Patient care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 15, 2015
My work day started by opening the office and checking voice mail, followed by making sure all the charts are there and prepared for the day and that all the proper paperwork is there for the patients so when they come in and need to update any necessary forms. I also had to make sure that all the insurances are verified for the day and the next three days . Aside from that I did the deposits, reports that my boss assign me to do. When it came to treatment I did treatment coordinating for the patients which was going over the total cost of the treatment and explaining the insurance portion, patient portion.

I worked very well with all my doctors and co-workers, most of all the patients that I met and help we had a bond and they all gave me amazing review on yelp
Unstable work environment
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 4, 2015
Its hit or miss with your schedule, made to clock out when not with patients, pushed to make sales, hourly wage based off production.
Productive and stressful work environment
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 14, 2015
This company was a fast paced working environment. There were high volume calls that really put pressure, but helped the worker adapt to the environment by making them work and learn faster than the average worker. I enjoyed the company and the benefits that they offered. The employees there are pretty cool, some are very inconsiderate and like the average worker, talk behind your back. The management is....let's just say not as professional as the company sets it out to be.
Pros
Pot-lucks
Cons
You have to put your phone in the lunch room the whole day!
good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HIOctober 20, 2015
wish management were understandable with employees
with situations that may occur. under pressured work enviroment
fasted pasted environment
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 16, 2015
saw multiple patients at one time helping doctors do dental procedures. coworkers were easy to get along with and very helpful. For the most part the doctors were easy to work with.
Pros
Doctors treated us to lunch for our hard work
Cons
equipment not up to date
Gd
Patient/Customer Service Reprentative (Current Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 30, 2015
They operate on the false claims of how they care for their employees. They do not give you your bonuses even when you have made the numbers that you need to qualify for the bonus. They will also accuse their employees based on false claims and no evidence. Anyone who comes to work here be prepared for a slow and painful death.
Great People
Front Office & Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 19, 2015
I liked working in the Tempe location as the Manager and other employees were nice and fun loving. Unfortunnately like the employer before this one, I was laid off due to position elimination.

Great place though!
Pros
Great People, Paid lunches, great benefits, great dental work.
Cons
Low pay, Interdent bought the company, Corporation, software, and training process.
Nice to place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2015
Busy office for a starter like me coming from another country. I was able to expand my knowledge in dental work and so is dealing with patients from other cultures.
Pros
Bonuses, Over Time
Cons
N/A
Fun place to work
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 2, 2015
Have a good relationship with co-workers that made the work environment a fun and more relaxing place to work. Some flexibility on schedule inside and outside of work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks and unorganize at times
Great place
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 2, 2015
Great place to gain sperience do to so many specialist. uncovinent due to traveling. Management is great and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gentle Dental. Our community is ready to answer.