Genuine Parts Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Clerical-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoyed my many years at Genuine Parts Company. Talking to our customers everyday , most several times a day to order parts that they needed for their customers. It turned into many friendships over the years. I do feel it is a great company to work for.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
1 Hour lunch to long .
Great management and culture
Contract HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 26, 2016
Considering this being a contract role, I do not have a complete employee experience in my role, however, the environment is a welcome and collaborative one, and management is fair.
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 8, 2016
On an average day you use 4 - 5 different accounting systems to find one answer. Management has been at their positions for decades and while they have a wealth of experience, their view is out dated.
Pros
two paid breaks a day, lots of learning opportunities
Cons
No room for advancement, managers are staying until they retire, none of the managers have degrees or CPA licenses
Great People
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAOctober 27, 2016
Daily activities include:

Manage customer base
Grow business by increasing revenue with existing customers as well as bringing on new customers.
Very Service oriented business.
Benefits
Cons
No growth Opportunity
Was a better place to work at before it was bought out by GPC.
Customer Service Reprensentative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEOctober 18, 2016
Very busy work environment.
Learned a lot about the debit/credit account balance system, mailroom, UPS system (shipping and receiving), bulletin (company) processing and distribution.
Some management personnel were excellent, while others had their little idiosyncrasies such as playing favorites with some employees and making it harder for those not in their favor.
Co-workers for the most part were great.
Hardest part - When introduced to new processes, was expected to pick it up right away, even though it may not have been used on a constant basis.
Enjoyable part - getting to know the newer co-workers and sharing my knowledge of the company, their ways of doing things and such and helping them learn their tasks and showing them the easiest ways to accomplish their tasks within the safest and quickest standards of the work environment.
Pros
No weekends or holidays to work.
Cons
Very little/small pay increases per anum.
Productive work environment. Great place to work.
Garnishment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2016
Productive environment,great camaraderie among staff and supporting departments. A great work environment overall. Awesome Management team and co-workers. Management team does not micro-manage. Ability for advancement highly likely. Abilities and talents are easily recognizable and rewarded.
Cons
Direct hire via employment services.
relaxed enviroment
Parts Professional (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2016
relaxed atmosphere able to help customer and give them a reason to come back to shop with us advancement is a little difficult to prove youre self to management
Pros
daily relaxed enviroment
Cons
advancement
love my job
IBS Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
The hardest part,there isn't a hard part....I love my job. As long as I do it makes it easy for me to come to work every day.I( enjoy the people I work with as long as you have a great team it makes my job easy.
Pros
I have great customers
Cons
Great company to work for
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Apar Center Duluth,Ga.August 26, 2016
Typical work day in the a.r department is very fast paced ,you are busy from the time you clock in until your shift end. Co- workers are very supportive the best group of people I have ever worked with. loved the flex time. No problem with management .The hardest part of A/R is answering green line calls and balancing your collection calls.
Pros
Flexable work schedule, Decent pay, Great benefits
Cons
Non
Great history and very successful
Metro market sales executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2016
Enjoy working with great group of parts professionals.There are many fulltime employees who have worked together for many years. The industry has changed a lot over the last 10 years as has the competition.
Pros
Benfits, leader in the industry
Cons
Downsize mode
good company for hard working people
Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2016
My typical day was finding and supplying part to mechanics.
I have learned a lot about stock and parts for vehicle.
Management were from a distances.
Co-worker come and go depend on their will ability to work and learn of the parts for vehicle.
Hardest part of the job is keeping track of when parts were coming for which mechanic.
The most important and rewarding part of the job in knowing that the mechanic has gotten the right parts.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
the pay scale should be better
Very productive and efficient place to work
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 31, 2016
I work for a company that is eager to to train and develop all its employees to learn more in the Accounting Department. Company has great morals and beliefs and does whatever it takes to promote from within and to get the job done effectively and efficiently.
Pros
Worker friendly, team oriented, family atmosphere
fast passed
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Boonsboro, MDJuly 27, 2016
Helping customers out finding auto parts they need to fix and repair their vehicles, answering phones, computer skills needed, heavy lifting at times, checking in inventory, putting inventory away, some deliveries when busy (local)
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Drama in house
Good company with conservative values, Need to get agressive with competition.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 29, 2016
Management was subject to quotas which were tough to reach due to competitive factors and failure to respond to pricing, inventory issues throughout the company owned stores and independent stores. Quota was the primary basis for evaluation of job performance. I had great communication with management, co-workers and personnel.
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Management needs to focus on what customers really need
Genuine Parts Corporation(Napa Auto Parts)
automotive parts counter person (Former Employee) –  2101 Hwy.224 Commerce city, colo, 80229June 27, 2016
Napa Auto Parts was the best corporation to work for. I worked as a delivery parts driver for 4 years. I then got promoted to parts counter. I did retail sales for 21 years, looked up auto parts for customers, greeted the customers, answered the phones, checked in freight, put stock away, did quarterly inventory, front and faced product on the sales floor, did planograms, cashiered and closed out at the end of shift. I loved working with the public, and I loved my job . So, I was excellent at my job performance, and I had the clientele to prove it.
Pros
for perfect attendance a $50.00 government savings bond quarterly
Cons
standing for 8 hours a day on cement floors. I'm paying for it now, and bad knees from working on my knees on the sales floor putting stock away.
calm workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 19, 2016
It was not a pleasant environment to work in. Company does not care about its employees. Work hours were fair and overtime was always provided.
Not the Best Place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 7, 2016
Never work here the money is good but the politrics will keep you shaking and scratching your head.

People throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Upper management wants you to work like a slave and dog to get there numbers done right , but doesnt want to get additional people to do the job, then now they are outsourcing all the work to india in a couple of months
Pros
flex time
Cons
lunch schedule sucked
great first job
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 7, 2016
When i started there were many stories about upper management stating as stockers or dock loaders. As the years passed a trend began where the upper management were outside grad students who never loaded a truck in their life.
If you are looking for a job where you can punch the clock and take off after 8 hours this is perfect. Do not expect a career out of this place unless you already are at the top
Pros
excellent starting pay, and health benefits
Cons
hard to move up
Grim days ahead
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2016
This is my honest review.

NAPA offers a competitive salary, or at least it did. Cost-of-living raises are minimal, around $0.10-0.25/ per hour a year. That's if your pay hasn't plateaued; you can hopefully expect a lump sum in lieu of a raise instead.
NAPA attempts to compete with Autozone and Advanced Auto, even though they aren't competitors. So to try to steal their customer base, NAPA uses marketing gimmicks and extends hours past profitable points. This decreases employee's home time and potentially pulls good counterman away from needed profitable times during the day in smaller stores.
There is a lot of sibling fighting between GPC-owned stores, privately-owned stores, and Distribution Centers.
NAPA doesn't seem to ever do a Cost/Benefit analysis before making any changes.
I am not opposed to worthwhile change, but I fear for the direction this company is headed.

There are good points though. NAPA offers a 401k with a company match up to 5%. NAPA gives bonuses to stores/individuals that perform well. A Store Manager can make an insane amount of money through the bonus program ($100k+). NAPA (GPC) offers a wide array of employee discounts both internally and externally. NAPA will work with you to find a location/position that works best for you.
Pros
Can be a fun work environment
Cons
You are just a number to NAPA Headquarters
GPC review
Dynamics Analyst and SQL Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Great work environment and coworkers. Management structure not efficient, department sizes and workload not balanced effectively. Most enjoyable aspect of job was problem solving and working with great people. Least enjoyable was handling the workload of 5 people and working 14 hour days regularly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genuine Parts. Our community is ready to answer.