Genuine Parts Employee Reviews in United States

GPC review
Dynamics Analyst and SQL Architect (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2016
Great work environment and coworkers. Management structure not efficient, department sizes and workload not balanced effectively. Most enjoyable aspect of job was problem solving and working with great people. Least enjoyable was handling the workload of 5 people and working 14 hour days regularly.
Busy, great benefits
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 21, 2015
Fun, great people, great management.
Room for advancement.
Competitive pay. Good benefits.
If you're hard working, dependable, enthusiastic and eager to learn, you will succeed with this company.
Fortune 500 Company
Controller (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEOctober 27, 2015
Good company to work for.
Benefits are reasonable.
Many different opportunities to move around the company.
Management is easily accessible.
High volume envir onment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 14, 2015
A typical day at GPC was filled with batching and coding invoices for imaging. Processing Priority Check requests and keying above the quota of invoices ( 100 ) I usually keyed about 200. My coworkers were the best. We worked well together. The hardest part of my job may have been Month End Closing. Balancing DC statements and COJ statements could take its toll on you. But when the whole department would complete the Month End Closing within the 3 days was always a nice accomplishment.
Benefits
Cons
Infra-structure training
good workout
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 6, 2015
Sent to the zone needed most help pulling orders when rest of the warehouse had home zones the workload was not evenly divided.
Pleasant work environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las VegasApril 26, 2015
Enjoy independence of driving to many customers.
great co-workers and management.
must satisfy all customers even those that are not pleasant
Variety of approximately 250 customers
Management has trust in my work
Pros
work environment
Cons
business declineing- too much slack time
NAPA (Genuine Parts Co.)
Outside Sales and Service, Auto Parts. (Former Employee) –  Boston Ma.January 25, 2015
Working at NAPA ( Genuine Parts Co.) was my first venture into the Auto parts world,
They operate their own stores, and franchise parts stores.
They have a unique place in the auto parts business.
They tend to take back unsuccessful franchised stores and prepare them for sale to other owners.
Pros
one of the oldest parts chains in the nation
Cons
franchisees tend to be non competitive because of higher pricing.
fun driven trucks
Freight Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent. WA.October 5, 2014
After putting 15 years with this company and to be call in a room to tell a person you are going to let them go because you have out-source their job to another company. When the drivers ask about this 1 year early, and was toll that we would not be out source your job, and to find out 1 year later that your are going to be let go this was not the way a company should have deal with this. And the company that came in had us to field out applications and telling the drivers that we would be haired on. But after one week later to come back and tell the drivers that we will not be haired on was not the way to deal with this. While some of the drivers had 15 to 30+ years with this company and to only offer one driver to stay with that company was not the way to deal with good working employee who have been with a company that long, and who have been good workers.
Stable company with ample opportunity to work on a variety of IT projects
Systems Analyst, ITIL certified (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2014
I have had the opportunity to work on multiple IT projects. Each project has granted me access to learning new experiences and gaining additional knowledge. In addition, I have been able to become better at the skills I already had and hone them to a new level of expertise. I interact daily with interdepartmental teams, my co-workers, drawing off their experience and knowledge when necessary, networks, 3rd parties, our DCs and our customers and suppliers. Each interaction requires a unique communication which over the years I have learned to adjust and tailor based on my audience. These are all skills I use at my current position and look forward to using at future opportunities as well.
Strong, stable and secure
Human Resources Mgr (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 23, 2012
- Typical day at work would be to oversee HR Assistant. Daily review of employment applications and phone calls from inquiring candidates or concerns from employees
- I have learned multiple management strategies and policies
- Co-workers are great to work with
- Management teaches you how to deal with all types of personalities and situations
- The hardest part of the job is to having to go through a tough year with decreased sales and profit therefore having to reduce your workforce to sustain
- The most enjoyable part is to see the smiles on the faces of the employees when we achieve our goals together
Genuine Parts Company
Puller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2012
I worked Monday through Friday, 12:00pm to 8:00pm on most days. I really enjoyed this job. I was a Main Store puller where I pulled customer orders from the warehouse for the front store. When I wasn't doin that, I did pulls going to other stores in the state or Loaded trucks and stocked warehouse shelves. This job often required the use of a riding electric pallet jack or manual pallet jack. I got along with all my co-workers and most managers. The hardest part of the job, I believe was the hours and never having 2 days off in a row..The days off were always separate.
Pros
co-workers and benefits
Cons
managements poor scheduling habits and location being so far from any bus stops
Hrm, wow!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2012
A revolving door of needs for a great company. The position came with training and development, support from a department of HR at a corporate and regional level. The diverse client/staff allowed for many challenges and learning opportunities. Change management was difficult from an executive perspective. The turn in the economy created many opportunities of personal growth.
Pros
employee relations, peers
Cons
economy and lack of work/life balance
Genuine Parts Summary
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2014
Provide sales and marketing leadership as area sales manager. Revitalized under-performing territory into top producer servicing 100+ accounts across RI, MA, NH and VT as manufacturer representative for global enterprise. Organizational recognition included Rayloc Sales Manager of Year, NAPA New England Sales Representative of the Year, President’s Club
Good job went South
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2013
Start out as promising future for me. That lasted for only 4 years of my almost 6 years with them. No reliable upper management. Passing the blame game. No ownership of responsibilities. Taking ideas from others and saying that there own. Wrong people making wrong decision's. Unprofessional decision's based on popularity. Overall what use to be a great company to work for.
Pros
constant change
Cons
very bad upper management
A very good place to work
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Richmond VirginiaMay 31, 2012
Call on an establish list of customers
I learn how to help customers to improve their profits
I am part of the management team
the hardest part is keeping competitors out of my territory.
the most enjoyable part is keeping competitors out of my territory
Pros
good pay
Cons
overall the work is good just unstablke work enviroment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, De 19709January 27, 2013
vCollecting data from store locations to prepare a Profit & loss statement.
Pros
nonme
Cons
bought my origanalcompany out now in the down sizing phase of mergining the 2 companies togethere
challeging position
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2014
This was a challenging position. Very demanding operation. Was hard to keep employees do to dam and of the workplace and pay.
Not for everyone
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2012
My co workers are awesome. The lower u are on the totem pole the worse the management and benefits
Pros
benefits, awesome directors
Cons
no structure, low level management, underpaid
Productive and friendly workplace
Customer Service and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work is very fast pasted.The co-workers were some of the nicest people I have ever worked with.
Productive Environment
Accounts Payable supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GADecember 23, 2013
GPC is a stable company that has been around for years. They are old school when it comes to some policies and do things more in a traditional way.