Genworth Financial, Inc.

Genworth Financial, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and Great team environment
Life Insurance Team Supervisor, Operations (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Gym and Nurse Practitioner on site, good benefits package, cafe on sight, free coffee, team motivated
Cons: Company in transition and downsizing
~ Great company with great benefits
~ Day included building, mentoring and motivating team
~ Recruiting for new talent including interviewing and on boarding new hires
~ The most enjoyable part of my job was developing and encouraging team members
Good Place to Work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, ample opportunity to advance career, increase skills and make connections
Cons: Constantly changing, spots of poor middle management
The work environment is very busy and constantly changing. Management is always looking for ways to run operations is a more consolidated and efficient fashion. This sometimes works and other times it backfires.
The benefits package is very good, although salaries can be a bit stingy in some circumstances.
There are plenty of opportunities to grow for those willing to put in the effort and pursue the channels.
The economic downfall of 2008/2009 caused large reduction in force. This could have been minimized and handled better. Current CEO is doing a great deal of cleanup to deal with poor decisions made by the past CEO.
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great vacation time and office environment
Cons: Office Politics
I do not mind getting up every morning and coming to work. Very rare do you find employment like that. The company provides excellent benefits and is awesome about volunteer work.
Energentic office, management and sales department, Golf Fridays, free lunches, donut Fridays ect
Inside Sales Advisor/Reverse Mortgages (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Dress down Fridays. Donuts and Golf Fridays, Free lunches.
Cons: Not quiet enough to study for exams, not enough time between exams to study
Awesome Company!!

HR Department is outstanding.
Company benefits are the best out there.
Sales Leader is a true team player and very motivated to help his staff.

Fun company to work for.

One of the best jobs I have ever had. It is not called work if you love what you are doing!!!
Strategic Communications Officer enjoying a highly collaborative environment
Communications Leader (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 3, 2015
Genworth Financial is committed to providing innovative financial services. Employees enjoy a highly collaborative environment.
Tough Environment
Customer Service Representative, Life New Business (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Company struggling financially and uncertain future for the various departments as far as if there will be jobs available. NO advancement opportunities-shut down completely by corporate and the lower level management only cares about metrics and favoritism abounds extensively. Would not recommend this company to anyone at this time.
Friendly environment
IT Systems Specialist/Salesforce.com Developer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2015
Great place to work. Job security is very unstable since the collapse of financial markets in 2008. Layoffs occur on a regular basis of approximately every 9 months.
Excellent company with very knowledgeable employees
HR Systems and WorkForce Time and Labor Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance - abiltiy to work from home in order to meet needs of business
Cons: Several systems with little integration
Fast paced customer focused environment. We are the lead supporters for US and global HR practices and system data, US payroll, US benefits, and US Time and Labor. Our team is focused on our customers and we strive to support each other, we are very team oriented. Our team works well together we work as a family with the same common goal. My job affects employees pay, the system that we have in place is not well thought out. Our policy is paying all employees current and timecard data is only passed as exception time, many employees are overpaid due to this practice and some do not even know it is happening until it is to late. Discussing the overpayment that can be a hardship on the employee is always tough but a major part of my role. The most enjoyable part of my job can’t be summarized into one thing, I enjoy my co-workers and the great time we have doing our jobs, I also enjoy the fact that each day is different, I am always working on something different I am always helping and supporting in many different ways and areas.
Beyond an Internship
Human Resources IT Intern (Current Employee), Richmond, VirginiaApril 28, 2015
I have been able to be placed in the right place by my manager for me to work on major projects as a lead.

I have major responsibilities that I have to maintain for the company in my position as an intern.
Great place
Sales & Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 30, 2015
Great place to work with quality people. Doesn't feel like a corporate environment, more like a close family.Advancement is hard though management wants you to succeed.
Poor management
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT ANALYST (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 26, 2015
There is no room for advancement or job security. The company is not willing to make necessary changes to improve the business.
great place
Case Management Representative (Current Employee), lynchburg vaMarch 20, 2015
really great place to work at it is just awesome and fun and wonderful and great and just amazing just absolutely lovely.
Great people and a good place to advance
Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: free on-site parking
Cons: challenging calendar environment
My current position is a demanding and challenging one, which I enjoy. Daily work schedule is mercurial and changes day to day. Enjoy needing to stay on job of all situations and be pro-active to see what might lie ahead and coordinate changes before they arise. Genworth's employees are a great group of people.
Lackluster Culture
Anonymous (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2015
The culture here is words on paper vs a living thing. The Company is in a tough market condition and management is more focused on financials than its people.
Jobs here are what you make of them. There is no structure- only who you know and how good of a negotiator you are to get what you want and need.
Good for Now
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great community focus
Cons: limited growth opportunity
Excellent pay for expectations, patience is key! The work load is definitely manageable, however when working with so many people, be ready for delays from management and when putting in requests. KINDNESS IS KEY to handling policy holder requests and issues. It can definitely be challenging.
Flexible Work Environment
Senior Benefit Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Very busy days. Benefits are what drive employment. The work environment is flexible. The associates are very giving and provide help when needed.
Overall Genworth is a very good company. I rated it very high. However, due to recent financial loss, there is some concerns about job security.
Sr. Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule, free coffee and condiments, and gym is onsite
Cons: currently there is some concerns about layout due to our recent quarterly reporting
Determine Long Term Care claim eligibility determinations based on the claimant's contract and other information provided at time of claim as well as determining need for additional information to properly determine risk.
Fun Workplace with Great People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 14, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Genworth. The men and women that I work with are hardworking and honest, but they love to have a great time. Our management teams are some of the best and are always involved with the people on their teams. The hardest part of the job was balancing the work that needed to be done, phone calls, emails, etc. The most enjoyable part was resolving issues and making someone happy.
Exmaple
Manager (Current Employee), RichmondFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Positive working environment; great support from management
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I worked as a customer service representative in a long term care claims inbound call center. I initiate new claims for policy holders and explain policy benefits to policy holders and their representatives.

I have learn listing and communications skill working in the call center so I can better assist policy holder's needs.

The hardest part of the job was the volume of caller.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I know I was helping policy holder in the time of their need.
Headquarters