Genworth Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Adjudication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work was busy but manageable. The workplace culture was positive. I learned a lot about LTC policies and procedures. Overall this is a good working environment.
Genworth offered a supportive and helpful work environment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2017
Genworth allowed the very best and most motivated Sales Representatives autonomy to thrive on their own. However, if you needed to lean on the Genworth enterprise, they were there to provide support. If you were hitting/exceeding your sales goals, you were left alone and allowed to continue unencumbered down your path to success.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Corporate culture
Flexible hours, no weekends and community envolvement
Sr. Representative (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 4, 2017
This company has flexible work hours.
Management has favorites, unable to advance unless you are friends with the management team.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility in the work hours
Diversity questionable
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mangement has Favorites, Questionable Diversity
Excellent company and very professional
Lead CSR/ Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 31, 2017
Excellent company and very professional. I spent a lot of time at Genworth and gained a multitude of information regarding health care and the respect for the elder generation.
Great People to work with
Team Lead-Claims/Loss Mitigation Review (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 28, 2017
There are a lot of dedicated people that do what ever needs to be done to complete the task. Genworth has a lot of volunteer opportunities and dedicates an entire month for service.
Its a job
Sr. Customer Service Rep Project Management Team (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 17, 2017
I loved working there but if the manager wants you out then they will find a way even if its using system issues that you have tickets in for, against you.
Insurance company buyout and commission change
License Health & Accident Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 13, 2017
Originally this was another insurance company. Management was good, motivational, and supportive of the agents. The buyout took place approximately one year after being with them. At the time of the buy out there was going to be management changes and commission structure changes. All manager's and agent left the company except for 2 agents. At that time there was no management or structure. As for the rating at the end of this I can not say because at the time I would say no because there was no management but that may have changed since. So my answer will be yes.
Pros
Good management in the begining
Cons
No management in the end
Good teamwork
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 11, 2017
Although I was there as a temp worker (contractor) for a specific project, I enjoyed my time at Genworth. The employess in the Claims Department were friendly and made me feel like part of their team. The manager of the department is excellent.
Stability for some
Sr IT Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2017
There is a good overall work feel at the Richmond location. A feeling you're contributions are valued and needed. However, some of the products are in a troubled industry making some positions tenuous
Pros
Good people to work with day-to-day
Cons
Layoff potential
Temporary
APPLE ONE CONTRACT EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 21, 2017
This was a temporary position that was for a special project. Not really much concrete evidence I can provide regarding Genworth. Great locatioon and good people.
Marketing and Recruiting
Marketing/Recruiting Specialist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 19, 2017
Very quiet, relaxed, not many assignments given with zero direction on what to do. They definitely did not micro manage and was boring due to no one in the office to interact with. Management expected you to market but had zero marketing dollars to spend.
Thankful for the Opportunities
Director (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAMay 30, 2017
Fast paced environment with knowledgeable and fair management. If willing to work hard, many opportunities to grow. Culture of inclusiveness and employee involvement.
Pros
Satisfying work helping others
Fun place to work
ETL Designer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 29, 2017
I worked as contractor for this company. Very nice place and coworkers. Learnt a lot of tricks in SDLC cycle. I had good relationship with all managers and teams.
it was fun
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company in fact the only reason I left to begin with was because the company moved to another location..had it not been for that I would of stayed
Pros
long lunch, commision
Cons
snotty employees
Supportive management
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 5, 2017
Good company to work for. First time working as a telecommuter and I couldn't have had a better experience. I would recommend this company to people looking for work in the mortgage industry.
Stressful Work Enviorment
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 3, 2017
There is lack of communication between departments and managers to CSRs. Also there is lack of training to beginning CSRs of system and product knowledge.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Bad Communication
Sales
Long Term Care Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
very difficult to work at. Cold calling and leads given were either wrong numbers and some cases deceased. Person who trained was not outgoing or willing to help
Never a dull moment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 1, 2017
A typical day at Genworth would be logging into your phone, checking emails and attending work huddles twice a week. I learned a lot about the financial world and all the different kinds of investment tools there are and how they work. Management was great there was always at least one Team Lead available to offer support. Workplace culture was wonderful, there was always a party or a recognition ceremony going on. The hardest part of the job was under staffing. The best part of the job was all the volunteer work we did in the community, I was on the board for the leukemia / lymphoma as well as volunteering at the local food bank.
Pros
Community involvement
Cons
Understaffing
Nothing much
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2017
Pros: It's a job - you get pay and average benefits.

Cons: Management doesn't listen to employees. They act like they do, but they're unreceptive to ideas to make the place better - in one ear and out the other. The company's slow to change and has no vision.
n/a
Annuity Internal Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2017
I worked at Genworth when their Life & Annuity Division was experiencing both financial challenges and direction. As a result, most of my selling agreement were lost and sales drastically declined. I was laid off 9 months later.
Pros
work, life balance
Cons
not a progressive work culture and a very negative work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genworth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9